PDA

View Full Version : What size probes should I get for BP's?

Focal
11-18-2010, 01:11 PM
Hello-

I'm tired of depending on other people to sex my snakes and no matter how much I try, I can't get a snake to pop without thinking I'm crushing it. I want to buy a three piece set of probes and would like to hear your recommended sizes. These would be used for hatchlings, sub-adults, and adults. If you could give like a min and max, that would be great.

Also, any tips or recommendations on a first set would be great. I've seen ball tip, gold plated, gripped, etc but haven't really found a good place that goes into detail into the pro's and con's. Are brands really neccessary or will the "eBay special" work just fine?

Thanks in advance.

Nick

AtrociousOne
11-18-2010, 02:56 PM
i got mine off ebay, but make sure you go with ball tips, especially if you've never done it before and have someone show you, or watch LOTS of videos. i usually just go with the 5-6 piece set cuz it has pretty much all you'll need. also, i prefer the simple stainless steal, grips are nice but i haven't found then necessary, i don't like the plated stuff cuz it peals after a while. the SS stuff you can just clean with rubbing alcohol and don't have to worry about rust, pealing, corrosion, etc.

redhood23
11-18-2010, 05:20 PM
ball tips are best.