PDA

View Full Version : Upstate Exotics

AdamBradley
07-06-2003, 02:29 AM
I've conducted plenty of business trades with Sal and Alison. Every single animal I've received from them has been delivered on time and properly packaged. As well as healthy, happy and eating well.

Sal even went out of his way to hand pick only the nicest patterned ball pythons to send me. Including a true gold striped morph at no extra cost when he was sending me a 5-lot. I can honestly say that I have yet to see a nicer group of bp's.

Sal and Alison are friendly, honest and knowledgable people who know what they're doing when it comes to both animals and running a business. I also received an alert, plump, brightly-colored and frisky young argus monitor on Tuesday.

I'm just telling it like it is, both Sal and Alison are great people and every animal I've recieved in our trades has been top notch.

Also if anyone feels like trashing me about my comments, do it on someone else's thread. I'm stating my personal experience with Upstate Exotics, no crap just the honest truth.

I look forward to doing more business with them in the near future!

Semper Fi

-Adam Bradley Borgen

Wilomn
07-06-2003, 02:41 AM
There are exceptions to every rule as you have just pointed out. They are well known for poor quality, lieing, and not backing up their guarentee.

Glad you're happy but, there are MANY who are not. They, sal and allison, are not good guys, they have proven themselves many times to be just the opposite.

Wes Pollock

The BoidSmith
07-06-2003, 03:03 AM
Adam,

Welcome! And I'm glad your transaction with Upstate Exotics went fine. Taking into consideration that you registered today, it is understandable that in your eagerness to post you overlook the rules. Not counting this post of yours there are 4 other posts on Upstate Exotics. Whenever possible (as stated in the rules for posting) one should ad a coment on an existing thread. By doing so, all coments on a given person/company are maintained on a single thread. It's easier for people doing a search in the future.

Regards

AdamBradley
07-06-2003, 03:07 AM
whoops, thanks for pointing that one out, I'll make the change in a bit.

-Adam

AdamBradley
07-06-2003, 03:08 AM
You're located in South Dakota? where in?
I'm from Fargo ND...............yes named after that place in the movie lol!

The BoidSmith
07-06-2003, 10:47 AM
Adam,

I'm south of Watertown. Just out of curiosity, a true gold striped morph? The name suggests an inheritable trait (morph). I have heard before of a genetic stripe. Did you come up with that name?

Regards,

NEWReptiles
07-06-2003, 11:50 AM
Just out of curiosity, a true gold striped morph?

I was wondering about this as well, and im also glad things went well for you as it seems that they have quite a few problems from time to time.

gila7150
07-06-2003, 11:55 AM
Alvaro, check out their price list. They have nothing but normal ball pythons but every one has some kind of morph name next to it to make it sound special.

Here's just a few:
Peach phase, partial stripe, aberrant, high yellow, yellow stripe, gold phase, black back, high yellow possible jungle, partial black stripe.

They only have one that's listed as a normal. What a joke!

ms_terese
07-06-2003, 12:53 PM
Chris,

I understand what you're saying, but none of them are listed as "genetic" anywhere, and the prices aren't indicative of a morph. Looks to me like Upstate is just trying to market with a lot of adjectives.

Adam's description of a "true gold stripe morph" may simply be Adam's interpretation, since I don't think such a morph exists. Now, if Sal or Allison TOLD him that's what he was getting..... well, don't want to get into that.

The BoidSmith
07-06-2003, 01:08 PM
Adam's description of a "true gold stripe morph" may simply be Adam's interpretation, since I don't think such a morph exists.

Terese,

I never heard of it either, that's why I was asking. The two words that enticed my curiosity were "true" and "morph". Again as long as no one claims them to be genetic (until they are proven) and/or the name does not lead to confusion with another proven morph, I don't see nothing wrong with names describing what they look like. But again, that's just MHO.

Regards.

Ophidiophile
07-06-2003, 02:28 PM
I purchased 2 allegedly c.b. animals from Upstate a few weeks ago. Here is what I got: 1 animal missexed, 1 animal with a severely kinked tail, both animals regurgitating with smelly loose stools, both animals positive for coccidia. Thank goodness I quarantine all new arrivals.

Within 10 minutes of receipt of the animals I reported to Sal that one was missexed and had a kinked tail and to be fair he refunded my money for that animal promptly. I have not reported the subsequent problems to him (I have no desire to communicate or have any relationship with them any more) and frankly I don't care about the money which was not much at all. But the point is there is no way that Upstate did not know about the health condition of these animals (in addition to not being able to sex properly or notice severe tail kinks) and selling animals in this condition as healthy, feeding, c.b. animals is completely unscrupulous.

Wilomn
07-06-2003, 03:18 PM
Hey Webslave,
Do you think this thread should be merged with an already existing thread? It seems that it was started to avoid the VERY NEGATIVE publicity that upstate has surrounded themselves with. It would be a shame for a newbie to see only this thread on them and do business based on this alone.

Now, I am in no way trying to tell you how to run this site, just one users opinion on how it looks, as if some whitewash was being applied to a rather dark reputation.

Wes Pollock

ms_terese
07-06-2003, 05:49 PM
Wes,

I agree, the multiple threads would be more efficient if they were merged. However, if someone does a search on Upstate, they'll get plenty of links to look at, with enough contradicting thread titles that it will intrigue them to read them all!

sschind
07-07-2003, 09:37 AM
Yes, it would be nice if people could read directions and follow rules but in this day and age I am afraid it is more than we can hope for with some people. I agree that it would be a shame for anyone to just read a good guy thread, but as Terese said, any search will provide several links, not to mention that at least by the third post in any "good guy" thread the truth will come out. So unless people read only the first or second post in a thread they will find out how they really do business.

Steve Schindler

sputnik
07-07-2003, 12:46 PM
If you make the BIG mistake of buying from upstate exotics you can't count on getting one thing.....TROUBLE!

Rob @ RK Reptiles
07-07-2003, 12:56 PM
Scott,

I think you meant to say CAN
If you make the BIG mistake of buying from upstate exotics you can't count on getting one thing.....TROUBLE!

sputnik
07-07-2003, 01:02 PM
Rob,

I knew I should of finished my coffee first! LOL

Thanks for the correction! Brain cells don't function too well without it.

Trouble you *CAN* count on buying from them and a whole lot of it too!

MissHisssss
07-07-2003, 02:35 PM
I was JUST ABOUT TO push the button to OK the purchase of a few snakes from Upstate Exotics when the ole ESP voice told me to check out the BOI. I told Upstate that I'd get back to them once I checked this site out, and they send me a free shipping offer, of which they had refused to do upon an earlier request.

I'd never checked out the BOI before, but I'm sure glad I did, because there on the first page was a report on them. Once read, I asked Upstate if Tony ever got his payment and SILENCE. Needless to say, I didn't get the snakes, and even though I wanted them soooo bad that I almost took a chance on it, and even though I was very jealous when I saw that someone else had gotten them.... I'm reminded that I made the right decission each time I read a new negative report on these people.

Actually, I'm glad that there are multiple threads on them, but I also see your point about putting them all togther too.

THANKS BOI.... your service is CHAMPION.

MissHisssss.

MissHisssss
07-07-2003, 02:37 PM
Forgot my full name....

Michelle Franklin.

BrianB
07-07-2003, 03:07 PM
To save those who aren't aware of the prior threads a little search time:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17651&highlight=upstate+exotics

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17848&highlight=upstate+exotics

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13554&highlight=upstate+exotics

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14078&highlight=upstate+exotics

Darin Chappell
07-07-2003, 03:11 PM
Adam,

I don't think anyone is going to "trash" you for saying that you had a good experience with Upstate Exotics. I'm sure we're all glad (for your sake) that things went as well as they did. However, I think this single event in the face of all of the negative experiences that SO many others have had is expressed well by the following:

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and then!

Thanks for posting honestly about an actual deal with them. I certainly wish all of their deals would go as well, but I'm not holding my breath!

:uhh:

MissHisssss
07-07-2003, 04:35 PM
With all the negative input about Upstate Exotic's, who's to say that they didn't have a family member or a friend say something positive about them.

Michelle Franklin.

sputnik
07-07-2003, 04:50 PM
With all the negative input about Upstate Exotic's, who's to say that they didn't have a family member or a friend say something positive about them.

If that's the case, they are going to need a very *BIG* family to try and counter the bad dealings they produce!

They might wanna start adopting too! LOL

sunbakedherps
07-07-2003, 07:02 PM
Well I am not a family member of Sal and Alison but after all the business I have done with them, I would have to say they are my friends. I have been dealing with them for quite some time now. I live about three hours from them and often drive down with my wife and kids to check out all the animals and pick up more stock. I have bought countless animals from them and have been perfectly happy with about 98% of everything I have bought. I usually pick up large groups of ball pythons,savanah monitors, tegus etc. and I have lost a couple here and there. I hand pick my animals from large groups, I also make sure to quarentine and worm everything when it comes in, regardless of where I purchase it. Every time I go to Upstate I always end up buying way more then I intend to just becouse Sal always has some awsome critters I have to get for myself. I recently bought a trio of hogg island boas that are awsome for $425 and a huge Blue Tongue Skink for $125. I thought that was a good deal. I missed out on a banded cape monitor that was incredible(too bad)
I am simpathetic for anyone who has had bad dealings with Upstate Exotics, I have been following the threads and understand everyones viewpoints. I just dont think it would be fair for me to keep reading all these bad guy posts knowing that I have had good experiences with them,and keeping quiet. Well good luck to all who are having problems and I hope everything gets resolved. thanks for listening to me. I have attached a pic of my boy and his Blue Tongue "lilly"(from Upstate)

sputnik
07-07-2003, 07:17 PM
Corey,

I suggest you go out and buy yourself a lottery ticket as you one lucky, lucky, LUCKY guy!

Wilomn
07-07-2003, 07:24 PM
Corey,when you can hand pick from large numbers you can almost always get really good ones, especially if you've been in the business for a while. However, how would you feel about them shipping to you what they thought were good animals?

Since you only buy from them what you pick yourself, I think that answer is pretty self evident.

And if people who like them, upastate exotics that is,will only hand pick their animals, that in itself speaks volumes for thier, again upstate's, reputation for quality. The rest of the general herping population are just S.O.L.

Wes Pollock

sunbakedherps
07-07-2003, 07:55 PM
Wes, I agree with you 100% about hand picking animals. Obviously anyone would have good results if they hand pick their animals and avoid shipping too. Would I buy from them if I had to ship? Not without a huge battery of questions and requested pics, but I do that in all cases. I too have been burned over internet dealings and have learned to be very careful.
sputnik, I wouldnt call it luck,but more likely my experience with herps. I meticulously examine each animal and only buy animals I feel confident are healthy. As wes was saying, this is the benefit of hand picking. thanks again for listening:) :) :)

sputnik
07-07-2003, 08:29 PM
If you had the same results with the animals, I would call it luck is what I meant by luck, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Hand picking helps eliminate a lot of problems. I wish I was in a position to hand pick a lot of what I get!

Have a good day!

UpstateExotics1
07-08-2003, 04:24 AM
I just have a few things to say...

Adam, anytime..you're a great customer (NOT family...lol)

Corey....that picture is the cutestes thing I've ever seen. And for everyone, Corey has been here, he has seen our operation, so not only is he commenting on our animals, and the way we do business, but our facility also....he's not just some Joe Schmoe who has bought something over the interenet.

And one final thought...David P. Tracer (who purchased 2 baby yellow rats on June 19th)....we did the right thing by refunding your money (the $17.50 on the 20th)...without even asking for photo proof on the animal in question. And it was for 2 yellow rats, unsexed, so how could we possibly sex them wrong? Also, they were not for CB yellow rat babies....here is the auction info he won:

"Congratulations! This auction has successfully ended.
Item #1056001956 (2 BABY YELLOW RAT SNAKES)

Information:
Final Price: $35.00
Total bids: 4
Buyer User ID: Ophidiophile
Buyer E-mail: mailto:ophidiophile@*****.com"

Oh, and you say it's not a big deal...but why post on here then? Did we not remedy the situation? You purchased 2 unsexed NOT cb snakes from us, had a problem with one of them, was credited ASAP.....but you feel you must still come on here and post how HORRIBLE we were....yea real horrible, we never asked for proof, refunded you your money.....sheesh bad, bad people we are.

And again, this is just my opinion.....

sunbakedherps
07-08-2003, 08:13 AM
I am sorry to bother everyone again but there were a couple other things I forgot to mention concerning Upstate Exotics. I have been working with alison from time to time on a website that she is designing and will host when it is all said and done. I cannot vouch for her web hosting ability becouse My site isnt up and going yet but judging by Upstates site and herpads.net I would say she will be able to handle my simple sight. I hesitated having her put my site together becouse I thought her advertized price was way out of my ball park but after discussing it with her, she gave me a VERY reasonable price and even offered to accept payments.
I have had great dealings with both Alison and Sal, I mainly deal with Sal when it comes to the herps becouse he knows right were everything is, how many he has, and when more will be coming in. He knows I dont like biters and is sure to steer me away from anything thats got a bad attitude. He always throws in freebies too! for example, last time he tossed me a pillow case FULL of coldpacks for free, countless turts and torts with b grade shells for free, I buy 50 ball pythons and he throws in 3 or 4 extras, then I guess I cant complain if I lose one or two. Sal shares the same love and inthusiasm for animals as me and I really respect that.
I dont want this post to be percieved as an attempt to cloud the waters or rebuild anyone's rep. Nothing I post is going to change the past and opinions nor is it going to justify others bad experiences. I was just rereading my original post and realized I didnt mention my experience with Upstate as a business,just there quality of animals.
So in conclusion, I have had good experiences with Upstate Exotics in all aspects of there business and am perfectly happy. Again, I simpathize for anyone having dificulties and I wish you luck. I would incourage anyone who lives anywhere near Upstates facility in New York, to stop by in person. Even if you dont ever intend to purchase from them, Im sure they would be more then happy to show you around. Not to mention, it is nice to know the people you are dealing with first hand. thanks for listening
:) :) :) :) :)

Rob @ RK Reptiles
07-08-2003, 09:12 AM
Sal & Alison,

wooohooo you refunded the $17.50 for that customer. He even stated that you refunded the money for the one snake. Its good that you took care of THAT customers complaint. But why is you still refuse to take care of the other customer's compaints? When are you going to refund Tony's money? Why are you avoiding tlking to the B.B.B. when they tried to reach you regarding his refund? Do you guys need the money that bad to ripp off a customer and lie to them about the animal and then never refund their money? Below is a link to that thread for those who might not know about it.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17651&highlight=upstate+exotics

Ophidiophile
07-08-2003, 10:08 AM
The animals I purchased on the auction were listed as unsexed however in our email exchange, I was told:

"If you win the bid, I can make sure they are 2 females.

Thanks!!!

Sal & Alison Tornambene"

Look Sal refunded the money on the missexed, kinked baby and I stated that. From a phone conversation, I understood that the animals were cb, and maybe I was mistaken on that. But my main point was simply that the animals sold were in poor condition, regurging, and positive for coccidiasis. I have a business too and would never sell animals in this condition. I have purchased other w.c. snakes before and have never received animals in this poor condition. Therefore I cannot recommend doing business with Upstate Exotics.

By the way, I did not start the thread here. I was simply giving my assessment of your animals from a first-hand, recent-purchase perspective.

That's my last word on the matter.

ms_terese
07-08-2003, 10:34 AM
Sal & Allison, why do you keep shooting yourselves in the foot?
he's not just some Joe Schmoe who has bought something over the interenet. If internet customers are a lesser being in your opinion, either take down your website or at least advise the people that buy online from you that they aren't as relevant as "in person" customers.

You've already posted that you don't care about what is said about you on the BOI, you take it as a joke. If that is your feeling, then let it be consistent.

The BoidSmith
07-08-2003, 10:39 AM
David,

It is good that you got your refund right away. But I'm curious. From past transactions we have learned it is almost always a long process. Pictures (even vet reports) supporting the buyer's claims are almost always requested. Although we have to agree it was not a large sum, why was it that in your case a refund was issued right away? No questions asked. How did you approach the issue? Maybe we can learn something here.

Regards.

Rob @ RK Reptiles
07-08-2003, 11:17 AM
I just love it that Upstate Exotics keeps digging themselves deeper and deeper with just about every post. They stated that they don't care about the BOI and that they are doing great, well this might be the case now but it takes a little while for it to show the effects and they will be seeing the results of their piss-poor attitude just as we have seen with other persons who have said pretty much the same thing and have the same attitude. If Upstate did not need the Internet sales they would not be selling on the Internet. Obviously their retail location can not solely support the buisness and they HAVE to sell on the internet. Nothing wrong with having to sell on the internet as it is the majority of my buisness. Why would they make comments to the point that the internet buyers are less than their retail purchasers?

he's not just some Joe Schmoe who has bought something over the interenet.

sputnik
07-08-2003, 02:25 PM
Oh, and you say it's not a big deal...but why post on here then? Did we not remedy the situation? You purchased 2 unsexed NOT cb snakes from us, had a problem with one of them, was credited ASAP.....but you feel you must still come on here and post how HORRIBLE we were....yea real horrible, we never asked for proof, refunded you your money.....sheesh bad, bad people we are.

Pitty you didn't refund TONY his money, which is a question that you still have not answered because you can't answer it honestly?

Here is the link below for TONY, he never did get his money back!

I guess the bad people you are is TRUE in every sense!

Kinda funny how they repond to some select questions when they say they don't care what is said.... obviously they do care or they wouldn't be trying to defend themselves.

Kinda one lie over lapping another, but you'd expect that from them!

I am personally glad I will never be ripped off by these pretenders!

I just love it that Upstate Exotics keeps digging themselves deeper and deeper with just about every post.

Rob, just throw them a shovel and watch dig!

UpstateExotics1
07-08-2003, 04:35 PM

You guys are taking quotes out of context......Corey was not a person buying over the internet..he came to our physical location. That's how the quote is to be used. It is not to say any of our customers are less important than the others.

Everyone keeps bringing up how we "screwed" all these people over. Which in all the other threads I've covered.

Diana Mason: lied....never had a sick emaciated animal....she tried selling it right after she posted the thread on us as a clean healthy animal...

Dallas Quarles: lied....the magical IBD disease in the columbians...which he had posted on Kingsnake as super clean and healthy babies....

Rosy boa: died weeks after she purchased it and was pissed b/c we didn't refund her....you ALL agreed that over that time span it was not our responsibility....

But, we're still wrong and still screwed all those people over....people please. It's like no matter what I do, it's never good enough.

Then we DO the right thing with a customer...by refunding him his money...and yet that's STILL NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!!

So now I have customers, who on their own, post here and I still get chewed. "oh they got lucky" "oh i'm surprised you did't get screwed" "oh they must be related".....I give up. I don't even bother having my customers post here for this reason.

Yes I take alot of this as a joke.....b/c no matter if the pope himself came here and said we did right by him....it would never be good enough for the BOI crowd.

I'm done.....

sputnik
07-08-2003, 04:40 PM
And Tony's refund? Can't respond that one can you?

You have not honored that, but lied about all these other threads. You sold Diana mason an animal advetised as cb and yet it was a wc animal!

You guys must be working over time with that shovel, you just dug yourselves so deep with that last post loaded with lies and over lapping lies!

Congratulations!

sputnik
07-08-2003, 05:00 PM
I forgot........ you say your done?

Does that mean with this thread or Fauna?

If so, I'm really going to miss you guys!

ms_terese
07-08-2003, 05:53 PM
Rosy boa: died weeks after she purchased it and was pissed b/c we didn't refund her....you ALL agreed that over that time span it was not our responsibility.... Correct... the general consensus was that you shouldn't be held responsible for that. So you must admit that people responded to the facts in that situation, correct? Which would mean that b/c no matter if the pope himself came here and said we did right by him....it would never be good enough for the BOI crowd. isn't really accurate.

The quote about Joe Schmoe was not taken out of context. You stated that Corey's opinion was more valid because he came to your store. That's not true at all. Each customer should be able to judge your business on the quality of animals received from you. Because Corey saw your operation doesn't alter the fact that other people have proven they received misrepresented or poor quality animals. Because Corey hand picks his doesn't mean that an internet customer should expect to get "whatever". Every animal you sell should be of quality. Those internet Joe Schmoe's matter. If I go into a restaurant and get bad food, that isn't alleviated by someone else telling me the kitchen is clean.

Rehashing each allegation of a bad transaction doesn't resolve anything at this point, because it's too jaded. You'll point out the ones that proved not to be accurate, and others will point out the ones that were proved to be valid. It's the whole picture that counts.

The BoidSmith
07-08-2003, 07:12 PM
Rosy boa: died weeks after she purchased it and was pissed b/c we didn't refund her....you ALL agreed that over that time span it was not our responsibility....

If I'm not mistaken what was meant was that you can't be held responsible during that time span, which is quite different than saying it was not your responsibility. For example: someone buys a snake from you, the snake does poorly for whatever reason. You guarantee the health for seven days. The snake dies on the 8th day. You can't be held accountable for the death but yet you are responsible because the snake was doing poorly from the start. Get the difference?

Regards.

MissHisssss
07-09-2003, 01:40 PM
If I remember correctly, this lady was trying for 3 weeks to feed a snake that wouldn't eat. Trying to keep a snake alive that obviously had a problem long before she received it I also recall that she said she didn't ask for a refund because the time limit had expired and that her writing to this forum was merely to tell people what happened to the snake that she was sent, in hopes of preventing others from going through the same thing. Too bad Upstate could not get the message straight... as seems to be the norm.

MissHisssss.

sputnik
07-09-2003, 03:01 PM
Upstate will not hesitate to give everyone a twisted version of events and contradict themselves over and over in the face of over whelming evidence that does not support what they (upstate) claim happened.

MissHisssss
07-10-2003, 01:28 AM
I noticed that I put down MissHisssss instead of my full name on my last post. Sorry. I'm new at this so will try to figure out how to do my signature for the next time that I post. Maybe even this time if I can manage it.

Once again... I'm sorry I forgot.... I am

Michelle Franklin.

pacrat
07-11-2003, 02:23 AM
i have had several good deals with upstate exotics and would gladly send others to them as well.
Timely delivers and animals packed very well, all have been very healthy as well.Very easy to work with.
THANKS SAL AND ALISON!!!
Jason
(understone's)

pacrat
07-11-2003, 07:16 PM
I guess some people cant read between the lines.
Thanks Sal and Alisone of Upstate Exotics!!
Jason STONE
(UnderSTONE'S reptiles)

Darin Chappell
07-11-2003, 07:42 PM
What???

:confused:

Wilomn
07-11-2003, 08:31 PM
Come on Darin, don't you get it? One of the genius' who does business with upchuck(great moniker whoever thought of it) is attempting humor. A miserable failure but an attempt none the less. At least I think that's what it was.

Wes Pollock

pacrat
07-11-2003, 08:37 PM
No actualy someone had a gripe because they said my last name was not posted which it is..so i was clearing the water so to speek.
Nothing personal
Thanks!
Jason STONE
(UnderSTONE'S reptiles)

Rob @ RK Reptiles
07-11-2003, 09:58 PM
Jason,

In all fairness your full name was not posted in one post and whomever it was was probably trying to bring it to your attention so your post would not be deleted from the thread. It does not matter if your last name is within your buisness name no one knows that unless you post your last name.

i have had several good deals with upstate exotics and would gladly send others to them as well.
Timely delivers and animals packed very well, all have been very healthy as well.Very easy to work with.
THANKS SAL AND ALISON!!!
Jason
(understone's)

sunbakedherps
07-11-2003, 10:05 PM
wes, I was wondering if you intended this to be a slam on anyone who does business with upstate?

"One of the genius' who does business with upchuck(great moniker whoever thought of it) is attempting humor."

Wilomn
07-11-2003, 10:59 PM
Corey,
It's sort of hard to say. If they fix their past problems then I reckon I won't. It's sort of up to them. And if I missed a point or misunderstood, it's happened before, then that's one on me. So, for now, only time will tell.

Wes Pollock

sunbakedherps
07-11-2003, 11:40 PM
Im misunderstanding your response. I simply wanted to know if you are sarcasticly calling me and others "genius'. Not to seem petty but that just seems like a pointless remark, I know I have been very pleasent to all with my posts.

David Reid
07-12-2003, 12:03 AM
Are you the same person who either bought or sold a fake axanthic het?

Dave

pacrat
07-12-2003, 12:19 AM
OK....then i am sorry for the mix up on my part.
I was just trying to let everone know that i have had some good deals with Upstate exotics and trying to help them out by posting some good words for them.
This is why you usualy do not see my name on the BOI's , the people trying to speek in your favor get picked to death because someone else had a bad deal with them...OR you get 15 diffrent people picking on the post you made.
I am new to the BOI and NO i have not got the hang of it, so what i did not put my last name....Ask for it..lol..how hard is that?? Insted i get 8 emails from the BOI telling me i need a last name OR my post will be deleted.....ask before jumping the gun. I am easy to get along with and quick to help anyway i can.
Once again in MY book UPSTATE EXOTICS are good people and do good bisness...thats all i was trying to voice here people.
Thanks for the concern! Jason Stone
(Understone's reptiles)

Darin Chappell
07-12-2003, 12:42 AM
New to the BOI with 136 posts? Hmmmm . . .Ok. If you say so.

:confused:

pacrat
07-12-2003, 12:51 AM
Rob, i have alreay agreed and applogised for the mistake...let it go!!!...lol
the name has been on the last few post so you now know who I am....if thats not good enough then Im sorry!!!!
Thanks! Jason Stone
(Understone's reptiles)

pacrat
07-12-2003, 01:00 AM
New to the BOI with 136 posts? Hmmmm . . .Ok. If you say so.

Hillbilly Herps
PO Box 254
Rogersville, MO 65742

As you say..."in all fairness" Just because i have 136 post doesnt mean it was on the BOI unless someone else is posting it...i dont not come to these boards except to see whats going on or to find out the " dirt" on someone i hardly ever post on here except lately.
Yeah i post reptiles for sale often, that does not mean i come to the BOI right away.
Jason Stone
(Understone's reptiles)

Wilomn
07-12-2003, 02:03 AM
Corey,

Sorry you misunderstood, but I can understand how you did. It was an attempt at humor on my part. I guess it didn't work as well as I had hoped it would. It was not a slight on anyone in particular.

Wes Pollock

sunbakedherps
07-12-2003, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the clarification wes. I know how the mud can fly on here and I wanted to make sure I was being stereotyped or put in some sort "bad guy" group becouse I buy from Upstate. thanks again and good luck to everyone.:D :) :D :) :D

ms_terese
07-12-2003, 09:27 AM
Corey, I don't believe that anyone is trying to "pounce" on people who have good transactions with Upstate. I believe that those who have had bad deals want to make sure that the bad deals aren't pushed to the wayside by a good guy post or two....another reason that having all the threads merged would be infinitely more effective, so that potential buyers could weigh the good and bad posts.

As I said before, anyone bothering to do some research on Upstate with have more than enough information here to form an opinion, and that's as it should be.

Many people here have expressed a hope that Upstate turns their problems around and develops and good reputation. That can't happen without the good guy posts from satisfied customers. As much as Sal & Alison have stated they don't care what is said on the BOI, I doubt very seriously that they haven't privately taken a close look at the negative publicity. They may not have resolved all the issues they should resolve (Tony), but possibly they made changes in subsequent transactions.

I've not bought from Upstate (nor would I at this point), nor have I bought from Jason or Corey or Wes or Darin (but I wouldn't hesitate to)... sheesh, it sounds like I never buy anything... so I'm only commenting on these situations as an outsider.

The cream always rises to the top. If everyone can keep their posts factual and let time take its toll, I believe things will turn out as they should.

Wilomn
07-12-2003, 11:05 AM
Corey,

Man the way these posts overlap can cause some confusion. I had totally missed one of your posts last night, took time to feed and clean. Now I can really understand how you may have thought I was dissing you with my reckoning post. Not intended to you at all.

And once more into the breach, or the snake room anyway, then off to work. I'm such a lucky lucky man.......

Wes Pollock

Living Art Reptiles
07-12-2003, 12:22 PM
Hi,
it just amazes me how Upstate Exotics and any one affiliated with them suddenly becomes the victim. This is something Alison has mastered quit well. So in all the smoke screens I will bring back a truthfil fact. Joe schmoe, I guess thats exactly what i was and it showed in how they handled my situation. My post is proof positive of this. All facts are shown and stated. Alison please keep publicly lying about my refund. This works well for me due I have all the facts are documented. When you publicly stated a refund was already given to me this was posted on 05/01/03. Visa is well aware this does not match. So come forth with more lies and deception. Lets have today's date attached to it. So with all my other documentation it will definitely not add up.

[Quote] Adam Bradly.
Also if anyone feels like trashing me about my comments, do it on someone else's thread. I'm stating my personal experience with Upstate Exotics, no crap just the honest truth.

[Quote] Upstae Exotics the victim.

[Quote] Upstate Exotics.

[Quote Upstate Exotics.
Then he emailed us wanting a refund.
We have already refunded his money.

The only truth to this quote by Upstate Exotics is that I emailed not to mentioned I called them by phone asking for my refund. Again for anyone who has not read my thread and is in denial of Upstate Exotics business ethics, or lack of them. The original issue occurred on 04/06/03. After avoided phone call and emails I asked for a refund 04/19/03. With further avoidance I finally got a hold of Sal by phone 04/22/03. He stated that he would immediately give me a refund. After that point they never answered any emails. I left several phone messages including a fax. They never returned any of my phone calls. On 04/30/03 I came forth publicly. No resolution to date.

I am going to repeat a previous post incase Sal and Alison have lost this important contact information. The better Business Bureau.

Hi Alison,
how are you? It never ceases to amaze me that you so try so hard to appear to be the victim. But I guess you have no conscience and obviously no business ethics. Its like a rapist who always think they are the victim. In this case there is no hear say period only the facts, bottom line.
For the record I want to state again no refund was ever givin to this date. No refund was givin when i came public and posted my dilemma. No refund was given when I called the credit card company and filed a fraudulent complaint on 04/30/03. I could not filed the complaint with them if credit had been given. All emails and fax have been submitted to there debit card operations. Please respond the Better Business Bureau 741 Delaware Ave. Ste. 100, Buffalo, NY 14209-2201. Or call them at (716) 881-5222. The letter I received from them dated 05/30/03 stated you have not responded to the filed complaint. Also the Division of Consumer Services has referred my complaint to NY State Consumer Protection Board. Thank's and have a great day.

(Quotes) Upstate Exotics.
(Quote)
Everyone here goes through and nit picks my site, my pictures,etc....

(Quote) Upstate Exotics.
Although all of you site here and like to say how "bad" we are.....think about it though, 99% of you have never even dealt with me....and the posts on here have all be shown that they were a crock!!! I am not here to "defend" myself anymore as it doesn't matter if show I show the customer was wrong or lying....on this site that is never the case!

(Quote) Upstate Exotics.
Well thanks again, everyone be sure to check out the herpads.net b/c you know it's just another way for us to "rip you off".....and after this post let's see how high we climb on the charts!

(Quote) Upstate Exotics.
4. Our friend with the refund......who received the money well before his thread was started here......I don't even have to go there....but again, b/c we've been "WRONG" so many times before...it doesn't even matter what I say.

Our friend with the refund,,, keep the lies coming. The arrogance,,,, wow!
Thanks so much for your time and have a great day.

Thank you,
Tony.

sputnik
07-12-2003, 01:27 PM
I know who the victem is and he posted just above me!!

Still no refund and still no response to the simple question, why have you (upstate exotics) not refunded Tony?

Easy question, but seems to difficult for upstate to answer.

The BoidSmith
07-12-2003, 02:37 PM
Tony,

What happened with the ball python? Were they able to get in touch with Corey Estill to verify the origin? Did they ever get back to you on that matter? I have noticed Corey has currently more for sale.

Regards.

Living Art Reptiles
07-12-2003, 08:29 PM
HI Alvaro, how are you?
1) The first of your Questions what happened with the ball python? You mean the male 100% het Yellow Ghost Ball Python with papers? I really don't know.

2) Second Question were they able to get in touche with Corey Estill? They used this person as an excuse for there incompetence. I want to publicly state again that this purchase was between myself Sal And Alison Tornambene of Upstate Exotics, Not Corey Estill. I have talked to Corey about this issue.

3) Third Question did they ever get back with you on this? The answer to this is a definite no! Like I stated before if they put a fraction of the energy that they have put running all over this board trying to promote good guys my situation would and should have been resolved.

4) [Quote] Alvaro.
I have noticed Corey has currently more for sale. Yes this is true, but I want to stay as clear as possible with bringing Corey up in this situation. It is just a crutch for these people. Again this purchase really technically has nothing to do with Corey. I was buying from Upstate Exotics period. They advertised the snake on there site. They were selling a 100% het for Yellow Ghost Ball Python with papers. It was only when they verified this fact trough email did I commit to the sale and allowed them access to my debit card information via email.

[Quote] Upstate Exotics.
As far as replacing the paperwork, I have made numerous telephone calls to Corey Estill, as this is where the snake is from, and have been unsuccessful in reaching him. I did offer a refund to Tony if he chose not to wait for Corey to get back with us, and his refund was given.

This is a prime example of how they use excuses and blatant lies! The original problem was on 04/06/03 again with my emails being totally avoided not to mention none of my phone messages were being returned. They had thirteen days to fix the issue. There was absolutely no contact from them in those thirteen days. On 04/19/03 I received an email from them after I favored and decided on a refund. One email only full of excuses. On 04/19/03 I asked for the refund I was entitled to. Again with total avoidance on 04/22/03 I just happen to lucky enough to catch Sal, plainly stated I would receive an immediate refund. Then silence on their behalf until 04/30/03 when I came public. Thanks so much for your time and have a great evening.

Thank you,
Tony.

BEAST
08-22-2004, 09:48 AM
well u may think he is nice. bue he owes alot of people money. including me. he is wanted in two states and is not liked by many. i bought a fat tail gecko from him and he shippied it into a bag? what kind of dummy shipps it into a bag. ao it arrived dead. he said he would refund me asap. well IT HAS BEEN 2 MONTHS and still no money. he ignores emails and ignores calls. so BUYER BEWARE OF SAL THE SLIPPERY SNAKE!!!

BocaReptiles
08-22-2004, 04:26 PM
Let me just clear the air on this one,

First off i would like to say is that i just sent him a full refund.

The gecko was shipped back on 8/4 not 2 months age. I shipped this 14 year old kid a fattail gecko via USPS and yes it was a DOA. Some times stuff like this happens, it was NOT shipped in a plastic bag, it was in a cloth snake bag. Some people just don't know the difference. I think he was under the Impression that air force would land on his front yard and president bush would deliver his gecko to him. This kid just has to much time on his hands and he should listen to his mommy before he gets himself into trouble one of these days. I have all emails saved from this transaction if anyone want's to see including tracking numbers ECT, just email me and i'll be more then happy to send them to you.

Sal
Boca Reptiles

BEAST
08-22-2004, 04:45 PM
well it took ya like a month and u FINALLY listened after i said my mom would sue u. I HOPE U WILL PAY BACK ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE THAT U OWE MONEY TOO. AND I DO LISTEN TO MY MOM. well at least u finally heard what i ahd to say. thaks SAL.

BocaReptiles
08-22-2004, 04:59 PM
Oh please.... give me a break son, did you really think i was worried about your mommy sueing me for $57? Why don't you go and ask your mommy make you a nice glass of coco and tuck you in for the night. Go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep my little beast....LOL

BY the way, just needed to ask you something if i may.... How do you came up with these names "Beast" and the best one is you email "MofiaMan"

Man i feel bad for your mom... she's got her hands full with you, i see

Sal Tornambene
Boca Reptiles

BEAST
08-22-2004, 05:09 PM
Well sal is this how u treat all of your customers. with this kinda crap respect, o well i guess ill have my mom make me some coca(yum) and ill take a nap 4 a while......all i hope that is u pay back all the people that u owe money too. LISTEN FOKS HE SEEMS NICE NOW. BUT WHEN UR GECKO ARRIVES DEAD HE WILL IGNORE U AND GIVE U NO RESPECT. and sal...........LEARN HOW TO SHIO YOUR GODDAMN ANIMALS....have a nice day. hahahahahahaha.

and if we wouldove sued u it wouldove of been for fraud. so lick it and stick it man!!!!!

MoonlitMedia
08-22-2004, 06:01 PM
I just want to cliarify something....

sal and allison are not nice people man

I have been seperated from Sal since back in December....catch up BEAST...it should be Sal & Karma....I had nothing to do with this....so I'd appreciate if you DO do business with them, not to bring my name into it.

Thank You!

HerpVenue
08-23-2004, 08:38 AM
BEAST/Joshua -- well IT HAS BEEN 2 MONTHS and still no money. he ignores emails and ignores calls.

SAL --First off i would like to say is that i just sent him a full refund. The gecko was shipped back on 8/4 not 2 months age.

BEAST -- well it took ya like a month and u FINALLY listened after i said my mom would sue u.

1.. I would like everyone to note that as of my typing.......the date is 8/23/04
2.. I never knew you could sue for $57 bucks

kid try some patience first. Your so hyper you are forgetting about your time line and are starting to sound like a lying snot nosed brat.

Well sal is this how u treat all of your customers. with this kinda crap respect, Tell you what....you did not give them time to refund you......you started lying about it being two months already.....you start bad mouthing them..... Then you start lying about suing them for $57..... Then you want respect?

BEAST
08-23-2004, 10:39 AM
PEOPLE LIKE U ARE THE RESON PPL LIKE ME NEED MEDICATION

salhater
10-14-2004, 09:37 AM
I hired Sal Tornambene DBA Precise Remodeling to build a garage. I paid him 8000.00 on June 3, 2002. He was to begin on June 24th. He never showed up.

Finally, after numerous phone calls that he did not return, I had to look up his address on the internet and give him a surprise visit. When I saw him, he told me that my money was put into a personal (not business) account and it was seized by child support, therefore, he wasnt able to do the job now.

I got him to sign a legal agreement stating he owed me the money with interest and gave him a payment plan. He made a first payment of 2000.00 but, of course, he never paid anything more. Now I am suing him to get the balance due of $6000.00.

I would advise anyone doing business with him to look elsewhere. He did not do the job I hired him to do and he avoided me when it was time to explain why my job wasnt done.

Sandra
Hadley, New York