PDA

View Full Version : Locked Up and in shed...

Cp3_Pythons
12-10-2010, 04:11 PM
I was cleaning tubs and decided to check
on my 2200+gram normal female and Pinstripe male I peeked my head in on
them and lord n behold their tails where intertwined in such a wonderful way

I got the best pic I could get without disturbing them too much (Not the greatest pic) and hard to tell whats going on but there tails are locked nicely....:D:D It was a shock to me becuase when he was on she was off and as of last night they were on opp. sides of the tub :rofl: Not this morning :rofl:

One question although.... She's in shed... Anyone else have or know of a female locking up while in shed??

bones93
12-10-2010, 10:59 PM
I have had females lock up while in shed before but have never had a male lock while in shed. I usually wont even put them in. Kind of gives them a little bit of a rest.

Cp3_Pythons
12-10-2010, 11:09 PM
I wasnt expecting them to lock (via she is shed) But I figured since it was his first time Id let him get a little pre time with her. Left them together for 2 days.... checked this moring and they were curled up together and locked.

Subdriven
12-11-2010, 10:59 AM
I have a male that has been blue for a weeks now and wasn't interested.. so he got some rest, but last night I decided to put him in the tank with my female "Just to see" and BAHM! woke up this morning with the male in shed ( starting to peel ) and the 2 locked up. Didn't notice the lock at first and was about to pull him out to soak him, glad I noticed the tails completely locked.

Bob O'Brien
12-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Anytime I have a female in shed during the breeding season I put her boyfriend in with her and I would say I get locks more the 90% of the time.

Cp3_Pythons
12-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the info Bob I wasn't sure and it shocked me when I seen em LoL I was just trying to get him friendly with her and well the got real friendly

Bob O'Brien
12-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Lol, well thats what your looking for.

Utta
12-12-2010, 08:01 PM
gratz man!

Cp3_Pythons
12-12-2010, 08:05 PM
TY TY Tyler

Its not nothing fancy But it is my first (will be my first clutch of many to come I hope) Im excited none the less LoL

ReptilesAnonymous
12-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Just a related note - I keep my females sheds, especially if I'm having trouble getting a lock. Toss in a damp shed with the male and female and chances of a lock seem to go up.

SnakeGirl3
12-15-2010, 07:46 PM
Very nice and best of luck! :thumbsup:

vmreptiles
12-20-2010, 01:50 PM
I usually have the best luck when females are in shed or just after. something about the females scent during the shedding process gets the boys going. when I have a young male that hasn't quite figured out what to do, one of my tricks it to put him with a female that has just shed.

R. Eventide
12-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Congrats! I had my first clutch last year, so yeah, it's super-exciting to be getting locks!!! Best of luck with your first clutch!

Cp3_Pythons
12-20-2010, 05:01 PM
Thank you to everybody for the Best Luck Wishes

Matt2979
12-20-2010, 05:22 PM
As you've already heard, I've had many locks with the female in shed, but not when the male is (in shed); however, I did NOT realize that the female being in shed was a good attraction for the male. I actually just put a ghost in with a het ghost and she's in shed. Hoping for a lock in the next day or two!!!! lol

Congrats and good luck with your first clutch! The first will always be your favorite!!!

Cp3_Pythons
12-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Without a doubt... Ive got (providing everything goes as planned) several Clutches for this year planned but I have them spread out so I'll produce all year about 1-2 clutchs a month or every other month... I figure this would work better for me