PDA

View Full Version : breeding ?

ed hummel
12-22-2010, 09:34 PM
what could you expect by breeding a male spider and female bumblebee?

bradleymoore
12-22-2010, 09:50 PM
spiders, pastels, bees and quite possibly some dead/deformed snakes due to breeding the spiders together. if you're breeding a base morph to a female bee... the very least i would use would be a pastel to make killerbees. if you've got a breeder sized female bee, there's lots of potential. i've got one breeding right now.

Subdriven
12-22-2010, 09:57 PM
I've seen full clutches of bumble bee to bumble bee live perfectly fine. And there are rumors of super spiders, they look the same but only make spider babies. Until I see a bunch of dead snakes from a spider to anything spider breading I don't beleive it..

edit.. the bumble x bumble clutch made ALL bumble bees.. great clutch luck there!!

ed hummel
12-22-2010, 09:58 PM
what do you mean breeding the spiders together?

Subdriven
12-22-2010, 10:00 PM
we mean having a spider on both parents spider x bumble bee ( spider pastel).. some say since spiders wobble if you hit the odds and get both parents to pass down the spider gene and make a "Super" spider it will be instantly dead or deformed.

ed hummel
12-22-2010, 10:05 PM
i think i get what your sayin...

because the bee is produced w/ one parent being a spider and then breeding w/ a spider... thanks guys

Mark910
12-22-2010, 10:54 PM
I think ur still not understanding Ed. Maybe u are, and i am just stating this for nothing, but u are breeding a spider male to a pastel spider(generic term- bumblebee). The bumblebee, one of my favorite morphs of all, is a really just a pastel spider.
maybe that helps.
Mark

ed hummel
12-23-2010, 12:09 AM
I think ur still not understanding Ed. Maybe u are, and i am just stating this for nothing, but u are breeding a spider male to a pastel spider(generic term- bumblebee). The bumblebee, one of my favorite morphs of all, is a really just a pastel spider.
maybe that helps.
Mark

yep thats what i was saying, or at least trying to say and maybe i wasnt so clear... one IS a spider and the other was produced by USING a spider, but thanks for the clarification!!!

ed hummel
12-23-2010, 12:12 AM
with bob marley as my avatar i can understand you guys trying to hammer it home though ;)

Abby
12-23-2010, 07:23 AM
It hasn't been proven that Spider x Spider causes dead super spiders... Just a rumor with no basis in reality YET. I personally do not believe this theory because I don't know anyone who says they've done it and had it happen. The other theory is the Super Spider exists, looks exactly like a Spider (because it is a dominant gene, therefore it won't look different) but when bred to anything else will make all Spiders. That theory is tons more believable to me, but still no proof. So it's all speculation at this point ;) Good luck!

Subdriven
12-23-2010, 02:13 PM
I think NERD has a super spider...

snakesRkewl
12-23-2010, 07:09 PM
I think NERD has a super spider...Proof?
Links?
anything?

Abby
12-23-2010, 10:19 PM
Proof?
Links?
anything?

Not sure if there is any - I've heard it's actually a Super Pinstripe but I don't know, never asked Kev myself ;)

gsrept
12-24-2010, 07:46 AM
if any one has done it i would say kevin is the man he has been working with them the longest, i am sure if there is a super form it would have been out of the closet by now, as far as a lethal gene being in the super i do not believe it, just like caramel females do not lay viable eggs which is false.

snakesRkewl
12-24-2010, 11:26 AM
Not sure if there is any - I've heard it's actually a Super Pinstripe but I don't know, never asked Kev myself ;)I've heard the same thing, but being a skeptic I'd love to see any proof.

Until someone actual produces proof of either the pinstripe or the spider being anything other than a dominate trait I don't know why there would be any reason to believe otherwise :shrug01:

Abby
12-24-2010, 11:31 AM
I've heard the same thing, but being a skeptic I'd love to see any proof.

Until someone actual produces proof of either the pinstripe or the spider being anything other than a dominate trait I don't know why there would be any reason to believe otherwise :shrug01:

I agree, it is clearly dominant as all evidence suggests thus far therefore it would make perfect sense that there would be a Super (that looks the same of course). That's just how dominant genes work. We already found that the Super form of the Hidden Gene Woma is lethal... More people have Spiders than Hidden Gene Womas, so if it is lethal like people say I think it would have been discovered long ago.

But, no evidence either way.... yet. We need some more experimental breeders who are on forums and keeping clear records... but no one really cares to cross two spiders since there is no (different looking) super form.

bossroy
01-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Not sure if its true, but I was told a man in north dallas has a spider giving off all spider babies, and his offspring does the same thing. But just word of mouth.

snakesRkewl
01-02-2011, 12:58 PM
I agree, it is clearly dominant as all evidence suggests thus far therefore it would make perfect sense that there would be a Super (that looks the same of course). That's just how dominant genes work.I agree but where's the dead offspring and where are those supers that throw nothing but spiders?
Strange how this never has been "proven" either way :shrug01: