PDA

View Full Version : Good Guy Arizona Tortoise Compound

TexSBM
01-03-2011, 08:49 PM
I recently purchased a breeding colony of 5 adult sulcata tortoises from Arizona Tortoise Compound. They took the time to review the history of the animals and answer any questions I had on the phone. The animals arrived safely and are in great condition. I highly recommend them and plan to do business with them in the future.

Thanks,
Mark Yehle
www.ExoticAnimalCages.com

Yogi Bear
08-01-2012, 03:07 AM
I purchased a baby Russian Tortoise from Arizona Tortoise Compound in May 2012. Dealing with Andy was a smooth experience, and the tort arrived as promised, on time, and in good health.

I have also purchased his tort seed packs and planted them in my tort's outdoor enclosure. The plants are growing wonderfully, and my baby enjoys grazing on them daily. I will continue to do further business with ATC.

Thanks,
Monique Nobriga (happy customer)

Arizona Tortoise Compound
11-12-2013, 12:18 PM
Thank you guys! We try very hard over here at ATC. Just like any good tortoise caretaker we are always learning and trying to better ourselves. Thank you to all of our customers that support us, we will continue to offer our tortoises for many years to come.

GardenStateTortoise
11-12-2013, 12:35 PM
I too have dealt with Andy over at ATC numerous times. Transactions were always smooth, delivery was always prompt and tortoises were always healthy upon arrival. I never hesitate to do business with Andy especially since I myself also run a live animal business. It's good to have people you can count on time and time again.

Thanks for all the positive dealings Andy.

Chris Leone
Garden State Tortoise LLC
Chrleone@gmail.com
www.gardenstatetortoise.com
www.hermannihaven.com

nickolasanastasiou
11-12-2013, 12:54 PM
I have been on both sides of the coin in transactions with Andrew.

I have sold him an unsexed 100% het for ivory animal that I had bought from Richard Fife when I was whittling down my group of hets. Communication was fluid, payment was not merely reasonable, but was extremely fast, and Andrew was communicative upon receipt of the animal (which I am extremely appreciative of, as some folks just never respond and I am left to wonder).

On an earlier occasion, I bought and received from him a South African giant leopard tortoise 100% het for the sunset hypo trait (if we ever manage to prove out the F2s, which is a pending activity for many F1 owners these days). Very smoothly developed animal with a nice, solid weight to him, and the epitome of health. Again, communication was exemplary in this experience on both my side and his.

Outside of buying and selling as a direct activity, we have communicated to help each other attempt to find connections for specialty orders the other wanted despite no financial incentive in, or reward for, doing so.

walker808
11-12-2013, 02:20 PM
I been buying and selling from Andrew who owns Arizona Tortoise Compound for about 3 or 4years now. He always ships fast or pays fast, there not may people that I fully trust in this industry but Andrew is one of the few. I've had at least 15 transactions and all have been positive.
In fact at one point earlier this year there was a tortoise group I wanted to buy but I could not afford it fully. I contacted Andrew to see if he wanted to divide the group up 50/50 because I could not buy the whole group. Andrew told me he would just loan me the money so I could keep the group together. I've never personally meet Andrew and for him to even suggest letting me borrow the funds show what type of dealer and person he is.

Thanks again Andrew

Aaron Daniels
Saint Francisville LA 70775

Andrew was nice enough to loan me the money for whole group so I would not have to divide up.

David Scarboro
11-12-2013, 10:28 PM
Anyone considering doing business with Andrew at ATC should read the following thread carefully. The true mark of a great seller is how they act when something goes wrong.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=391966

Yogi Bear
11-13-2013, 02:59 AM
I purchased a baby Russian Tortoise from Andrew, as one can see in a past post. My tortoise is still going strong, and has been a great pleasure to watch grow. Our transaction went smoothly from beginning to end. I am a VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER of ARIZONA TORTOISE COMPOUND!!

Thanks again ATC for the beautiful, flourishing tortoise baby you provided as described.

David Scarboro
11-13-2013, 08:39 AM
I purchased a baby Russian Tortoise from Andrew, as one can see in a past post. My tortoise is still going strong, and has been a great pleasure to watch grow. Our transaction went smoothly from beginning to end. I am a VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER of ARIZONA TORTOISE COMPOUND!!

Thanks again ATC for the beautiful, flourishing tortoise baby you provided as described.

Monique, I am happy that you had such a great experience with Andrew, I hope your Russian continues to flourish. May I ask a few questions? Did you have the Tortoise shipped? How was the packing? Would you happen to have any pictures of the shipping materials? If you had a Tortoise shipped to you and it arrived dead due to improper packing, how would you feel. If you provided proof of the DOA to the seller and he waffled around and finally told you that a Tortoise which you had shipped to him as payment had died, how would you feel? What if he then would provide NO PROOF of the dead trade Tortoise? Would you still have the warm fuzzy feeling that you have now? Put yourself in the OP's place and then tell us that would still be double posting in his good guy threads. It is easy to be great when things are sailing along smoothly. The mark of a GREAT seller is how they react when things go wrong.

walker808
11-13-2013, 08:53 AM
David why are you a 3rd party trying to just create drama that happened 6 months ago.
Did you get the dead tortoise?
Andrew has a lots of customers, sometimes situations just can not be resolved.
I've worked in Resturant business for 13 years and will soon own the company next year.
With a high volume of customers there always a few customers no matter what you do will not be happy.
Sounds to me your just taking trying to hurt his business's, beacuse of one one guy story.

Lucille
11-13-2013, 09:08 AM
David why are you a 3rd party

The way the BOI works is that parties may post their issues here, and others may add information, or voice their opinion.

Subsequent readers can view the posts and make up their own minds about credibility, and whether the incident presented is of such magnitude as to change their plans about participating in a transaction with any of the parties or posters.

David has as much a right to post as you do, Aaron. You should trust the readers here to make the decision that is appropriate for them after they consider all that has been written. That is the way the BOI works.

David Scarboro
11-13-2013, 10:00 AM
David why are you a 3rd party trying to just create drama that happened 6 months ago.
Did you get the dead tortoise?
Andrew has a lots of customers, sometimes situations just can not be resolved.
I've worked in Resturant business for 13 years and will soon own the company next year.
With a high volume of customers there always a few customers no matter what you do will not be happy.
Sounds to me your just taking trying to hurt his business's, beacuse of one one guy story.

The only drama here was created by ATC not stepping up and doing the right thing. Did you take the time to read the thread? I think not. I am happy that you seem to be doing well in business, I am retired myself. If a customer came in a restaurant that you owned, paid his money and then got a rotten plate of food would you not make it right? That is what has happened here. Would you send other customers out to deal with the customer or would you do it yourself. That has also happened here. This thread was basically over and done with until Andrew started a "good guy" campaign on his behalf. The BOI is for 3rd parties and that is a good thing. A ton of bad guys have been outed here and that WILL continue. On a side note, we all have occasional spelling errors, but if you are going to own a "resturant business" next year, you should probably learn to spell it correctly!:)

walker808
11-13-2013, 10:15 AM
yep when texting from my phone I always have a few spelling errors, but your right on that one I should have spelled that word right lol.
Thanks for pointing it out.

David Scarboro
11-13-2013, 10:40 AM
I get laughed at a lot because I do not text. I get them and read them, but do not reply. I had a Samsung Galaxy before they got hot and finally traded it back in for a practically indestructible Rugby flip phone. I am getting older
(57) and if I need to send something I hand the phone to my wife. Stubborn I guess.:)

leftycrane
11-13-2013, 12:00 PM
David is also not the one going around bumping 2 year old good guy threads about himself to make himself feel better and hope the bad guy thread on him gets buried. People should have all sides of the story on a person, both how they handle themselves in good transactions and when those transactions dont go smoothly. ATC has had many good transactions, but theyve had one recently go south in a horrible way, and they are not taking control of the situation and making it right, so people need to know this could happen to them.

jamey
11-13-2013, 07:58 PM
David is also not the one going around bumping 2 year old good guy threads about himself to make himself feel better and hope the bad guy thread on him gets buried. People should have all sides of the story on a person, both how they handle themselves in good transactions and when those transactions dont go smoothly. ATC has had many good transactions, but theyve had one recently go south in a horrible way, and they are not taking control of the situation and making it right, so people need to know this could happen to them.
:thumbsup:
Bumping two and three year old good guy threads on your self to staunch the blood flow from a bad guy thread.THAT is creating drama.As I said in another three year old "good" guy post,ATC has shown their true colors now.
Jamey

Joe I
11-13-2013, 11:55 PM
Hello Mark. Yes, Andrew is a good guy to do business with. I have done several transactions with both him and Mick over the years. I would recommend him as well to anyone.

Great post. Joe...

dreisman
03-28-2014, 07:39 AM
Several months ago I contacted Arizona Tortoise Compound in regards to a
Trade on my Aldabra Tortoises. When I first told a gentlemen named Andy
about it he was overwhelmed at the thought of aquiring 2 Captive bred
juvenile Aldabras. At the time I told him I was interested in receiveing
several hatchlings for my Aldabras. The retail of my tortoises is between
$6000 - $7000. As the time of the hatching started drawing closer
Andy was getting very excited about the trade, I sent him pics of my Aldabras which he immediately posted, without my permission on his website.
He came back with an offer of 4 hatchlings. In return I asked him if we can make the deal at 5. He turned from hot to cold and said I do not want to
trade with you. He did not even give me the opportunity to think about
the offered deal of four. That is not the correct way to run a business. A
well seasoned business man would have shown more compassion and give the
individual a chance to decide whether or not they wanted the offer. Also
from our initial conversation, he expected a large amount of radiate hatchlings
and all that hatched was 2. I would not have any further dealings with
Arizona Tortoise Compound. I will continue to purchase all of my supplies
from a more stable business than ATC, and I would encourage everyone
else to do the same.

David Scarboro
03-28-2014, 07:51 AM
Several months ago I contacted Arizona Tortoise Compound in regards to a
Trade on my Aldabra Tortoises. When I first told a gentlemen named Andy
about it he was overwhelmed at the thought of aquiring 2 Captive bred
juvenile Aldabras. At the time I told him I was interested in receiveing
several hatchlings for my Aldabras. The retail of my tortoises is between
$6000 - $7000. As the time of the hatching started drawing closer
Andy was getting very excited about the trade, I sent him pics of my Aldabras which he immediately posted, without my permission on his website.
He came back with an offer of 4 hatchlings. In return I asked him if we can make the deal at 5. He turned from hot to cold and said I do not want to
individual a chance to decide whether or not they wanted the offer. Also
from our initial conversation, he expected a large amount of radiate hatchlings
and all that hatched was 2. I would not have any further dealings with
Arizona Tortoise Compound. I will continue to purchase all of my supplies
from a more stable business than ATC, and I would encourage everyone
else to do the same.

Perhaps your post should be more about why you would want to take the chance of a shipment from ATC after all of the info that has been posted about him and his deplorable business and shipping practices.

Lucille
03-28-2014, 08:13 AM
individual a chance to decide whether or not they wanted the offer.
A well seasoned business man realizes that a counter offer destroys the original offer. The offered deal of four no longer existed once you made an offer asking for five. It is in my opinion no mark whatsoever of a party if they withdraw from a trade while it is in a stage of negotiation prior to an agreement.

David's link on post #7 is important reading. Those who are thinking of doing business with ATC would do well to carefully read that thread first.