PDA

View Full Version : Good Guy Boaphile Plastics Jeff Ronne

jch111078
01-03-2011, 11:18 PM
I recently received a new Boaphile enclosure from Jeff that had a problem with the heat tape. I called Jeff and he immediately sent out a replacement no questions asked, and i received a fed ex tracking number via email almost before I hung up the phone. My entire experience with Boaphile was amazing. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a great stand up company and guy. I will definitely be doing business with them again.

Thank You, John Hanson

Jenber
01-03-2011, 11:50 PM
what size enclosure and what extras did you get with it? Wondering because I've been thinking about getting one. I've also heard that he's really easy to talk to and answers all the questions you have, true? Thanks in advance!

jch111078
01-04-2011, 12:30 AM
I got a 421 d coupe 2'd x 4'w x 11.5h with 2x heat, fluorescent lighting, double doors, double locks on both doors, 8 keys and shipped to my house for around 340. Every time I called it was Jeff the owner who took the calls, he was great to talk to and very knowledgeable. He also spent time of his day answering questions I had that had nothing to do with the sale just to help me out which was awesome, that he took time for no monetary gain to himself. All in all one of the best business dealings I have had in a long time. I do business with ppl in my field of work all the time and I wish they were all more like the one I had with him. Just all around a great guy and this was the first time I have ever done business with him, but definitely wont be the last.

Jenber
01-04-2011, 12:57 AM
awesome, thanks for the reply! This definitely sounds like someone I will do business with in the future (as soon as I can afford a boaphile! lol) It's great to know that there are still people out there who genuinely care about what they do and not just for the money.

RedTailedDexter
01-27-2011, 11:00 PM
awesome, thanks for the reply! This definitely sounds like someone I will do business with in the future (as soon as I can afford a boaphile! lol) It's great to know that there are still people out there who genuinely care about what they do and not just for the money.

Same here, I have been shopping around and came across Jeff's boaphile. I am also in the process of saving up for one =P

Gemf
01-27-2011, 11:16 PM
Definitely the best in the business IMO.

geckobabies
01-28-2011, 02:18 AM
We ordered 2 of the Sterilite hatchling racks for our baby leopard geckos. I liked them so much I just ordered 13 more :) Jeff has been great answering all of our questions and so far has come through with everything he has said he would do. Our experience so far has been A+. I will update once we receive our new order.

geckobabies
03-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Received the final 13 racks on time and as promised. Another A+ transaction and great racks. Thanks Jeff!

Mitch Ownbey
03-10-2011, 02:05 AM
I agree! I have recieved some great cages from him several times now. They've always come faster than expected, packaged great, and work wonderfully (and as a bonus they look incredible)! He's got my business for as long as I'm in it!

Foschi Exotic Serpents
03-10-2011, 03:31 AM
My cages came from Jeff also. He is easy to talk to and quickly refunded my money when I ordered my custom extras wrong on his website. I didn't even know I was over charged but he took care of it. Talked to him at NARBC as well. Very nice guy in my opinion. I love my cages as well.

draigen
03-19-2011, 07:20 PM
Just want to add another big thumbs up for Jeff! :D I had ordered 2 of his 4 footers and just got them the day before yesturday in great condition and well within the time frame given on his site. The cages themselves are gorgeous and flawless, the craftmanship incredible. I am going to have to save up for more to add on as my other babies get bigger lol. Thanks a lot Jeff!

Julie Haber

bayoucityboas
03-19-2011, 07:59 PM
I own rhino raxx from Jeff and they are very sturdy and light. Great product.

SuperMorph
03-21-2011, 01:20 AM
I have done business with Jeff Ronne several times. I have 10 sterilite shoe box rhinoraxx (170 boxes total) and 4 of the 5 tub 32qt rhinoraxx. I have been expanding my collection out faster than I can afford to purchase the bigger tub racks, but I have continued to purchase the shoe box racks. I was wondering if my last order was going to be placed with Ronne or not. It took me several attempts to get ahold of him and he didn't return my calls (with or without messages). I could have just went straight to online for my last order as well, but I needed some questions answered before I placed my order. I have talked to Jeff several times on the phone and sometimes he has seemed a little rough around the edges. He still has a great product.

As I have been growing my collection of ball pythons, I have also had to start breeding my own rodents. All of my brand name racks are from Freedom Breeder for rodents and from Boaphile Plastics for ball pythons. I have so far made 16 racks out of melamine for my snakes, but will eventually need to purchase more racks. The Boaphile racks are great for holding humidity and I rarely have problems with my snakes shedding in them. A couple of my friends that have FB racks for their snakes sometimes have some problems with shedding, but they have them fully ventilated.

When I started to make my first order with Jeff Ronne about 2.5 years ago, that is when the 1750 series sterilite tubs were being phased out. I told Jeff about that and he was able to purchase a bunch before they were completely gone. I was still able to purchase a few more shoe box racks from him before that style of tub was gone. A friend of mine was wondering if the cheaper walmart sterilte shoe box would fit in these racks, so we test fit it. It fit well for the most part and I told Jeff about checking the walmart sterilte. He switched to those when he ran out of the 1752 tub so we didn't have to wait for a new tub and design/dimension change for the racks. I have four racks that have the walmart sterilite shoe box. I don't like how thin they are compared to the older style, but at least my racks all are the same size.

Does anyone have both Freedom Breeder and Boaphile racks with a preference of one over the other?

ShadowAceD
03-05-2012, 09:53 PM
I placed an order for the 5 Cage Stack Pack with Pedastal from Mr. Ronne back around January 10th. He was very helpful on the phone in helping me figure out the best heating for my animals and everything else I needed.

The cages arrived this past weekend around the seven week mark and I cannot be any happier. Service was prompt, craftsmanship is exceptional and the packaging was very well done.

The breeding video I ordered came in damaged, but I called Mr. Ronne about and he said another one would be sent without any questions asked.

The Boaphile is a top notch guy in my book. Cannot say enough nice things about him. Look forward to ordering more cages in the future.

Double B Reptiles
03-06-2012, 12:48 AM
Got a good buddy that bought the Ball Room Racks. I am jealous almost every time I go over to his house. Way better than anything I have seen so far. I used to keep boas in 421D's and they were awesome as well. Picked up an Kahl albino male from Jeff back in 2009. He is an awesome specimen to say the least. The Boaphile is definitely the best as far as boas go, and his racks are awesome!!!

allreptiles1966
03-06-2012, 06:03 AM
I bought 2- 4 footers and both came split in the back along the seem and he didnt do anything about it,even after i offered to send them back at my expense.
The splits was big enough to get a credit card in it without force.
Pics are on here from my bad guy post.

JCCS
08-14-2012, 04:19 PM
I just got my latest cage from Jeff and as usual, it's completely awesome. I have come to believe that as much as I like his racks and terrestrial cages, his best product is his line of arboreal caging. I haven't seen an arboreal cage that even comes close to his for holding humidity, function, and an overall professional appearance. I hope to be buying more in the not too distant future.

Chris Canada-Smith

Barbossa
08-14-2012, 06:50 PM
Recently received a 4' from Jeff and I can't be any happier everything works wonderfully it is light enough to move on my own and the craftsmanship is awesome. When I called wondering when it was getting shipped out (as my bf is not patient) Jeff had the paperwork right in front of him for the ship date and 5 days later I received it. I will not hesitate to buy from him in the future :thumbsup:

Joesherps
08-14-2012, 09:24 PM
One of my shoebox racks came from him for baby Knobtails. It's great quality. I will buy from him again in the future. Great price as well. Joe Hupp Australedonian Geckos and Dart Frogs.:thumbsup:

GMTIRRILL
08-14-2012, 10:04 PM
I have in the past two year spent nearly 3,000 dollars on cages: 2-five footer, and a 4 footer plus all the fixing, keyed locks, thermostats, they are by far the best for the price and with all the heating and lighting done by Jeff it makes the cages a plug in and go product. I have had only one issue and Jeff fixed with one phone call. I have talked to him a lot and he always seem to have the time to talk to you about boas and gives good breeding advise. he is a very stand up guy even with rough edges and his archaic view on e-mail i will be doing much more business with in the next year, another two cages and 3 racks systems. I have no reason to take business elsewhere :thumbsup::D

geckobabies
04-12-2015, 08:13 AM
I just received another 7 racks from Jeff and couldn't be happier. Thanks for another great order Jeff and Boaphile.