PDA

View Full Version : Bad Guy Randy Gonzalez AKA IRandy

deobra2869
01-12-2011, 01:51 AM
I have been trying to work out a deal with randy on his enchis for the past month and have inquired on them 3 times to try to negotiate a better price and get pics of the parents. First I told him I had got a female enchi for much cheaper and asked if he would come down on the price, and he said no he takes pride in his reptiles and will not give them away, and that he had gone to Europe and purchased the parents to prevent inbreeding and they cost him too much to sell for so cheap. So I wanted pics of the parents for my own reference before I further tried to negotiate due to extremely bad Pms I recieved from other fauna users about Randy. So I wanted proof of the parents and better pics of remaining babies (i had heard the babies might have kinks or other defects or that they were a wild caught line) I had asked randy for pics of the parents telling him that I know enchis vary with color and age and that I had just bought an enchi that looked much brighter. I figured the light in his picture was just poor (the case for alot of us LOL) and he responded saying sure if I am going to buy her. I told him not for the original asking price of $450 shipped when I had just bought one that was very bright and bigger than his girls for nearly half the price, and told him that if he would be willing to bring the price down then maybe (obviously I am interested being the 3rd time in the past month I have inquired about them) Well a day went by and still had no pics of the parents so I asked 1 more time for the pics and I got a response from other users viewing the ad saying that it was an enchi and that I was a lowballer? Ok what ever I dont even care about being called a lowballer..... If you got an enchi female for $250 plus shipping and found another for $400 plus shipping that is a big difference in money and I would expect that anybody else spending that much would do there homework as well :shrug01:
in response to the reaction I got from other posts I had responded in this way
"was just asking for pics. I would like to see the European line enchis calm down people, glad you have a sale pending but i would still like to see parents for my own reference. Is the european line the same color wise or somewhat different? Thanks randy" Trying to respond directly to him so that he knows yes I am still some what interested if the deal falls through kinda thing.
This is the response I got!:icon_bs:

Deobra, please stop posting on my threads.

Sale fell through, she's back on the market!

Ok I will stop posting on your ads(even if I want to buy something from you I wont ask ever again) and I am sorry if I did something wrong that you did not appreciate. However all I did was inquire about your reptiles in the same manner that anybody else with concerns about giving 350-450 bucks to someone :confused:

All in all I have learned my lesson........ I will not buy from Randy Gonzalez AKA IRandy. He had a lack of customer service and does not have respect for the customers dollar (or atleast not mine, and I have to much respect for my money and how hard I work for it to buy just anything)
Im sure people have had good experiences with Randy and Im sure his animals are nice..... but if you wont provide at least pics of the parents like most people willingly do for potential buyers, then Im sorry you have lost a potential long time customer.
Overall this was not a very pleasant person to work with.
Hope this helps with future buyers I dont want any one to feel like I did with this situation, it is not a happy feeling when it seems your money and concerns for what you spend it on mean nothing.
Deobra Martin

bobtard
01-12-2011, 02:00 AM
Are you freaking kidding me?

bobtard
01-12-2011, 02:02 AM
You're pissy because you didn't get what you wanted, at your price. That's what I'm seeing.

deobra2869
01-12-2011, 02:08 AM
Not pissy just entitled to my own opinion and I did say I am sure he is a good guy but I had a bad experience. Sounds like ur pissy sending me Pms and all about this I dont even know who you are and you are not randy so why are you involving yourself by Pming me and harassing me? It has nothing to do with you what is your issue?

Shadera
01-12-2011, 02:11 AM
Another one for the do not sell to list...

Riserax
01-12-2011, 02:14 AM
Women. :dgrin:

deobra2869
01-12-2011, 02:15 AM
:shrug01:

ozz465
01-12-2011, 02:18 AM
I agree here , seems the OP is hurt over not getting a better deal , Ive been thrue this as well a potential buyer giving me the old "i can get one for cheaper" or got one b4 for cheaper. If so go look for a cheaper one and don't low ball . the guy refused the offer and you insist he still provide pics since u refuse to give what he deems reasonable??

bobtard
01-12-2011, 02:18 AM
He's a bad guy because he wouldn't go cheaper on his price, eh? Mad he wouldn't cut his price by nearly 50%, eh? If I were him, I'd be irate too. I hate people offering irate low amounts. If you got one for $X, why don't you go get another one from Y? Regarding the PM I sent you: I don't like lowballers, plain and simple. I sent you the message privately to prevent further derail of his ad. I am sorry my non-vulgarly voiced opinion was deemed "harassing". I personally don't like being called an :censored:hole, and having a "big mouth". ;)

This would have been much better as an Inquiry or Information thread. Labeling him a "bad guy" because he didn't please your every whim is harsh, considering you haven't given him a cent. This is permenant, and could possibly affect future sales. You should have thought harder before posting this....not posting a spur of the moment thread because you were angry.

fuzzylogix
01-12-2011, 02:19 AM
a seller has the right to pick who he does/doesn't choose as a customer. after 3 attempts of trying to get him to lower his prices, it's pretty obvious that he wasn't going to sell to you. i agree that he could have sent pictures, but at this point i would have been reluctant as well. especially since you were basically telling him that his animal was subpar. now you've started a bad guy thread that will be here forever about someone who wouldn't sell you an animal at the price you thought it should be. if he doesn't want to sell you his animal for cheaper than what he has posted, it's his choice. that does not make him a bad guy in my opinion.

PAVLOVK1025
01-12-2011, 02:33 AM
Lack of customer service? Dude, come down out the clouds, you iz trippin.

Know what I tell people like you who tell me they can get [supposedly] nicer animals for less money?

GO BUY FROM THAT OTHER PERSON THEN AND STOP WASTING MY [flippertyjibber] TIME.

Bet you didnt even think twice about putting a red X by the title of this thread though huh? Be funny to see your reaction when you get a bad guy thread for doing nothing wrong, seeing as how buyers are subject to being bad guys too.

Trucking ridiculous.

lillyorchid
01-12-2011, 02:36 AM
Are you serious? You think someone is a "bad guy" because he wouldn't sell his snake to you for a cheaper price? Good grief, get over yourself! I guess you have never seen most breeders terms which imply along the lines of: "We reserve the right to refuse any sale, for any reason at any time."

WOW just wow!

PAVLOVK1025
01-12-2011, 02:41 AM
First I told him I had got a female enchi for much cheaper and asked if he would come down on the price, and he said no he takes pride in his reptiles and will not give them away, and that he had gone to Europe and purchased the parents to prevent inbreeding and they cost him too much to sell for so cheap.

Someone that cares THAT much is what you get when you pay the 150 dollar premium btw. There's a reason we that sell our animals for more money do so...it's called QUALITY.

deobra2869
01-12-2011, 02:43 AM
I had discussed a higher price with him previously in December so it is not that I wanted it for a ridiculously cheap price.I was trying to go for $400 shipped instead of $450 shipped not to much of a difference but enough to make it worth while. And when I posted $250 plus shipping it was because he had no price on his ad. So I put a price out there. Upon his decline I decide I would ask for pics of the parents to see if it was worth me perusing at a higher price, and why be irate? He handled it very nicely by declining the offer. The part that was not nice about it is when I tried to get pics of the parents and possibly offer a higher price he said only if I buy her. Why would make that commitment with out seeing pics of parents? So I responded maybe if we can agree on maybe a cheaper price. The ad said "BEST OFFER" Meaning the price is negotiable. Then I was told to stop inquiring? Ok I wont re consider buying her. LOL if I need to pay bills or make some extra money and somebody is interested in what I am selling, I will do what ever I can to respectfully help my customer to make the right decisions and provide them with the info to do so. At this point I am not sure if it is enchi or not? Does it have defects? Is it wild caught? Did he even breed them? These are all questions going through my head now upon the difficulty of inquiring and maybe you are right bad guy may be to harsh but.... and I will change it just for you. I do not want to stop potential buyers I just want people to know how my experience went just like I do when I buy an animal and I am happy. Working in retail for so many years I have noticed that reptiles are obviously not stock in a store that you buy off a shelf. You shop around to get the best of the best, and one thing that I have noticed that both the reptile exchange and retail store has in common is the purchaser is your pay check they help pay your bills by purchasing from you, and you have to have respect for that. Another is that a negative experience will always have a higher affect on your business, because for every 1 person you leave unsatisfied, they will go tell 10 others.... who will then tell 10 others then you have 20 people who will most likely keep clear of you and will not buy from you.
With that being said this is just a thread for my opinion, and everyone on here is entitled to there own opinions, I most likely will not buy from him and if you do not wish to sell to me because of this thread......... that is perfectly fine with me I will give my money to someone who wants to pay there bills or bring up funds for a new project. If you are to good for me...... then my money is too good for you

deobra2869
01-12-2011, 02:47 AM
well I am sorry I thought I could change to a inquiry but it will not let me. I did not see inquiry I thought this was only good guy or bad guy

fuzzylogix
01-12-2011, 02:50 AM
did you ever offer him 400 shipped? if not, he had already made his mind up that he didn't want to sell to you. he has a right to refuse the sale.

zzzdanz
01-12-2011, 02:58 AM
You want to negotiate a better price with someone..do it in PM or e-mail,not in their add.You're making business deals, keep them private...How many people do you think are going to want to do business with you after you publicly low ball another seller?

deobra2869
01-12-2011, 03:01 AM
yes I did back in dec. he said we can work something out and then I found the one for cheaper and dropped mostly all my money on that one. I had saved more money to buy another but since it was the last one he had and the ad said best offer I thought i would see if he would go for cheaper so he could get rid of it. I was not trying to be insulting to him by offering less and apologized for it. Then I recieved bad pms about the situation and couldnt truley believe it so I wanted proof before I asked if he would do it for the previously agreed price.

fuzzylogix
01-12-2011, 03:04 AM
so he agreed to sell you his in december, but you backed out and bought a cheaper one. then you act like you are doing him a favor by "helping him get rid of it" by trying to get him to sell you his at the price you paid for your "cheaper but better" snake. and you wonder why he didn't want to deal with you? have you made him aware of this thread?

deobra2869
01-12-2011, 03:05 AM
I should think that if they need money and the price is reasonable or I pay the original asking price then people will still sell. I dont think eveybody is stupid enough to refuse taking money from somebody? I did not try to low ball. I started at a reasonable price that I had perviously seen the same kind of snake for. The only reason I even responded to the ad is because it said "Best offer" His other ad had a price and I was not willing to pay it but when I saw best offer I just responded. I dont see that as low balling?

deobra2869
01-12-2011, 03:06 AM
how do you delete a thread? I was unaware you can make it a inquiry thread and that would be better suited for this topic

ozz465
01-12-2011, 03:07 AM
if im reading right your best offer was 50% off?

deobra2869
01-12-2011, 03:07 AM
I agree it should have been done in Pm sorry that was my mistake

deobra2869
01-12-2011, 03:09 AM
starting out if that was refused then it would go up from there. Just like a bid on something for sale isnt that how best offer works? If you bid something high you may be paying more than you can get an item for so you bid less and work up?

fuzzylogix
01-12-2011, 03:10 AM
that's the thing, you can't delete this thread, its here FOREVER as a bad guy post because you didn't get the snake at a price you wanted to pay...

zzzdanz
01-12-2011, 03:10 AM
Once it's here it's here for good...That's why it's a good idea to think about what you post before hitting enter.

fuzzylogix
01-12-2011, 03:12 AM
have you made the subject of this BOI aware of this thread?

deobra2869
01-12-2011, 03:15 AM
no not because I didnt get the price for what I wanted to pay. I would have payed more if he would have at least given me pics of the parents now I dont even care to buy her. Sorry I did not know you could make an inquiry post till tard told me, and I didnt know these were permanent. I thought there were only good guy and bad guy threads on here, and it wasnt really a good experience so I didnt see how good guy would suit the topic.

I apologize this should have been an INQUIRY THREAD

deobra2869
01-12-2011, 03:15 AM
didnt know you were suppose to

Shadera
01-12-2011, 03:16 AM
Anyone who reads that ad/thread can see that you had zero intention of purchasing that animal beyond your first offer. You were just trying to be difficult and you know it.

deobra2869
01-12-2011, 03:17 AM
ok sure what ever you say

Shadera
01-12-2011, 03:21 AM
You didn't ask for pictures until someone else whose post was deleted questioned whether it was an enchi and asked for pictures of the parents.

That you didn't know there was anything other than a good or bay guy prefix (although I doubt the truth of that, you're not a rank newbie here), proves this is a knee jerk purely vindictive move.

fuzzylogix
01-12-2011, 03:24 AM
and you still need to let mr gonzalez know about this thread

bobtard
01-12-2011, 03:24 AM
So, you really expect us to believe that you never noticed the light bulbs or question marks?

PAVLOVK1025
01-12-2011, 03:29 AM
I have been trying to work out a deal with randy on his enchis for the past month and have inquired on them 3 times to try to negotiate a better price and get pics of the parents.
First I told him I had got a female enchi for much cheaper and asked if he would come down on the price

So you were trying to get him to come down on a price that wasn't posted? Odd.

So I wanted proof of the parents and better pics of remaining babies (i had heard the babies might have kinks or other defects or that they were a wild caught line
Did you need proof that it was indeed ball pythons and not burms that produced them?
You could’ve asked him about defects instead of asking for pics. That way if he says there’s no issues and you find one, then you can hold him to it and post a real Bad Guy thread.

I had asked randy for pics of the parents telling him that I know enchis vary with color and age and that I had just bought an enchi that looked much brighter. I figured the light in his picture was just poor (the case for alot of us LOL) and he responded saying sure if I am going to buy her. I told him not for the original asking price of $450 shipped when I had just bought one that was very bright and bigger than his girls for nearly half the price, and told him that if he would be willing to bring the price down then maybe (obviously I am interested being the 3rd time in the past month I have inquired about them)

Yeah, because every breeder wants to take pictures beyond what he/she already has just to make a sale in which they don’t get their asking price. Gee, spend more time and make less money. SIGN ME UP!

However all I did was inquire about your reptiles in the same manner that anybody else with concerns about giving 350-450 bucks to someone :confused:

No you didn’t, you inquired the same way everyone with short pockets and big dreams does…with the intention of knocking 200 bucks off the price of a highly sought after morph.

All in all I have learned my lesson........ I will not buy from Randy Gonzalez AKA IRandy. He had a lack of customer service and does not have respect for the customers dollar (or atleast not mine, and I have to much respect for my money and how hard I work for it to buy just anything)

Good thing you respect your hard earned money and not anybody else’s. Wonder how you would feel if your boss came to you and told you that he has witnessed other people performing your duties for less money, so he’s going to match the lower salary. Wowzers.

Im sure people have had good experiences with Randy and Im sure his animals are nice..... but if you wont provide at least pics of the parents like most people willingly do for potential buyers, then Im sorry you have lost a potential long time customer.

Who sends pics of parents? Definitely sales of hets. MAYBE for reference if the hatchling isn’t as nice as the parent and you want to show its potential, but parent pics are NOT necessary when it’s a freaking co-dom. Especially when it displays its quality within the pics.

it is not a happy feeling when it seems your money and concerns for what you spend it on mean nothing.
Deobra Martin

Nor is it a happy feeling to have somebody insulting your work. Place something on the market that you made and see how it feels to get lowballed after all the hours you put in taking care of and worrying about the welfare of a collection of animals.

I had discussed a higher price with him previously in December so it is not that I wanted it for a ridiculously cheap price.I was trying to go for $400 shipped instead of $450 shipped not to much of a difference but enough to make it worth while. And when I posted $250 plus shipping it was because he had no price on his ad. So I put a price out there.

In other words, you weren’t going to be happy until it was free.

Upon his decline I decide I would ask for pics of the parents to see if it was worth me perusing at a higher price, and why be irate?

Why bother with a tire kicker? If you were gonna buy it, you would have counter offered 400 shipped the moment he said 450 shipped.

He handled it very nicely by declining the offer. The part that was not nice about it is when I tried to get pics of the parents and possibly offer a higher price he said only if I buy her. Why would make that commitment with out seeing pics of parents?
Why commit to a buyer who aint buying? Why waste time on someone who isn’t gonna be happy until they save 200 dollars? You’ll learn one day grasshoppa, when you put an animal up for sale with adequate pics representing your animal and people ask you for more pics of diff angles, holding identification, posing with Pedobear, etc. Not everyone has time to run around taking and uploading pics.

…purchaser is your pay check they help pay your bills by purchasing from you, and you have to have respect for that.

Sure, I respect you wanting to spend your hard earned money. But I don’t respect you cheating another man out of his hard earned money because youre a cheapskate with your hard earned money. Bargain hunting isn’t a bad thing…spitting in the face of someone who worked their ass off for multiple years caring for their animals is.

that is perfectly fine with me I will give my money to someone who wants to pay there bills or bring up funds for a new project. If you are to good for me...... then my money is too good for you

I hope you do give your money to those that need it to pay their bills. The ones listing their collections at 75% off…cause their kids are hungry and their snakes are sick.
You get what you pay for.

This thread is a joke, and youre a joke of a customer.
No offense.

PAVLOVK1025
01-12-2011, 03:30 AM
Once it's here it's here for good...That's why it's a good idea to think about what you post before hitting enter.

Youre asking too much.

deobra2869
01-12-2011, 03:30 AM
I dont come on the board of inquiry. when you post a thread on here it doesnt show a lightbulb? and I only bought the membership so I could view who gave me karma and so I can bump my threads thats all. I dont know what other functions the membership does I didnt read the benefits just asked HHmoore how I could view my karma and he told me to buy a membership. I will let randy know and apologize to him and let him know of this thread.

deobra2869
01-12-2011, 03:35 AM
Ok since you all know me personally and know my intentions...... you win this is your thread now not mine you know me best go ahead. accuse me of not making a mistake andjust being a

deobra2869
01-12-2011, 03:39 AM
:censored: thats fine with me I apologized and admitted that I was wrong about how I posted this but now you are trying to put words in my mouth and say that I had no intentions of even being the animal. You are right you win LOL. So now that you win and you are right I will direct this comment to the others and Randy Gonzalez again.
I Apologize this should have been an inquiry ad and any potential buyers who inquire on randy will see that I am an idiot not him.
Happy?
Your welcome

And Randy I do sincerely apologize.

PAVLOVK1025
01-12-2011, 03:52 AM
I dont come on the board of inquiry. when you post a thread on here it doesnt show a lightbulb? and I only bought the membership so I could view who gave me karma and so I can bump my threads thats all. I dont know what other functions the membership does I didnt read the benefits just asked HHmoore how I could view my karma and he told me to buy a membership. I will let randy know and apologize to him and let him know of this thread.

Since you want to act lik a n00b, read this before you ever make a definitive statement about any other breeders:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8880

deobra2869
01-12-2011, 03:58 AM
thank you for that info after reading that I now see that I should have used a little light bulb

deobra2869
01-12-2011, 03:59 AM
and just so you know pavlovk1025 and everyone else on here I did send randy an apology and let him know of this thread

PAVLOVK1025
01-12-2011, 04:03 AM
Doesnt remove the Red X when you search for his name, but Im sure he feels all the fuzzier inside.

deborahbroadus
01-12-2011, 04:59 AM
Another one for the do not sell to list...

:iagree: and do not buy from, either! :ack2:

*doesn't recognize morphs or quality, apparently and can't take "No" for an answer without thinking it is "bad customer service." :rolleyes_

KelliH
01-12-2011, 05:33 AM
Waaaa I didn't get my way so I am gonna post a Bad Guy thread. Ridiculous.

ed hummel
01-12-2011, 08:24 AM
So I wanted pics of the parents for my own reference before I further tried to negotiate due to extremely bad Pms I recieved from other fauna users about Randy. So I wanted proof of the parents and better pics of remaining babies (i had heard the babies might have kinks or other defects or that they were a wild caught line)

Overall this was not a very pleasant person to work with.
Hope this helps with future buyers I dont want any one to feel like I did with this situation, it is not a happy feeling when it seems your money and concerns for what you spend it on mean nothing.
Deobra Martin

now i understand who the thread was about in the general herp talk forum, probably where you should have posted this instead of the BOI if you really needed to complain about him not selling you his snakes at your price.

im guessing from the further comments you've made in this thread since the original post that you had/have no idea how the BOI is supposed to work, but third party comments are not welcome here either such as so and so told me his animals are really wc OR so and so told me his babies are messed up, but while where on the subject, if your having people tell you this (would love to see those PM's btw) why would you even still be considering buying from him???

im not trying to speak for randy but i have a feeling that overall it wasnt a very pleasant exp for him either, and im sure hes kicking himself right now over the loss of a potential long term customer who would post in his adds trying to lowball him with every purchase and saying how she could get one cheaper from somewhere else :rolleyes_

Pythonbreeder99
01-12-2011, 08:45 AM
I let Randy know about this thread via facebook and Fauna PM.

ForkedTung
01-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Just because you got a good deal on one snake does not make it the priority of other breeders to give you the same, especially if they are obviously interested in responsible breeding practices as it appears Randy is.

I read the thread where you posted and after having graciously declined your offer ( especially considering you pestered him for the third time, as if the second offer that was declined wasn't enough) and you not-so-subtly degrade the quality of his animals by comparing how much better yours is...and criticize his pricing...you have the nerve to call him a Bad Guy.

This has now become a Bad Guy Buyer thread and reflects only upon you.

jrbannister0726
01-12-2011, 09:40 AM
you got burned lady.... lol sizzle sizzle

Focal
01-12-2011, 09:44 AM
The BOI is like a loaded gun. The BOI is not a toy and don't use it unless you plan to kill (someones rep). You can't take back what this weapon does and there are consequences. It's best to keep it holstered and use it only when you need it. When the time comes and you get screwed, hopefully people won't take it as crying wolf, much like this case.

Focal
01-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Thread of discussion:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220192

Matt2979
01-12-2011, 10:08 AM
Deobra, if someone worked with you for 2 weeks on a trade of an animal that she claimed time and time again that she definitely wanted....asked her if she was able to legally ship (only to get a response of, "Yes, I've shipped before")....then on the day that the trade was to be made she came back with "Oh! SYR website isn't working anymore!" (mid-November, even AFTER Reptiles Express had come and gone--so OBVIOUSLY this was an illegal method to ship snakes!!)...got mad because you refused to accept an illegally shipped package, but then stated that she still wanted her and would just purchase her within 24 hours.....only to never be heard from again....until she used YOUR pics in her "Wanted" ad...confronted her to take them down and then got a, "I'm sorry that you didn't feel flattered that I used your pics of her in my ad."

NO...I did NOT feel "flattered" that you used a pic of the animal that I sent you, wasted 2 weeks of my time, lied and told me you'd take her, and then never heard from YOU again until YOU used MY pic in your ad, withOUT my permission!!!!!

But yet you make a BG thread about another member because he would not sell HIS animal to you on your terms.

All I have left to say is that anyone thinking of selling you an animal better REALLY NEED the money and have LOTS of time to waste on you.

The only reason that I'm bringing this up now is because, while I know nothing of the accused, I can at least show something about the character of the OP and why this BG thread is ridiculous!

Matt2979
01-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Deobra, if someone worked with you for 2 weeks on a trade...

Crap...just realized that I left this question hanging and "un"asked! I meant to finish that long paragraph with the question of, "Would that be a good reason to start a BG thread on that flaky buyer?"

Of course my answer would be NO, as dealing with "tire-kickers" is unfortunately part of the business, hence I never started a BG thread on you for that, and (again) only brought it up as a character reference of the person that started this thread (as I think I made it clear that Deobra was the one that my statements were written about).

Dave26
01-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Deobra should be banned for this ridiculous thread. She's bad mouthing someone because they wouldn't sell her something for WHAT she wanted to pay. Unbelievable.

lillyorchid
01-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Well I am sure she thought she was going to be opening up a big can of worms on this GOOD GUY, but little did she know... She would only be ruining her own rep. I hope it was worth it Deobra.

PAVLOVK1025
01-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Banning is a little much...being selfish, ignorant and inconsiderate isn't a violation of the TOS lol.

Deobra...dude...bad move. I hope you learned your lesson.

deobra2869
01-12-2011, 11:35 AM
first of all matt this has nothing to do with the thread yes I know you stated that. second of all I did apologize to you for wanting to use your pic as an example, and im sorry I didnt think twice before posting it which I should have. Third I didnt know SYR wasnt working! You asked me if I had shipped before not who I shipped through or if I was certified which at the time I thought the SYR website was just under construction for the day since I had not shipped a snake recently nor bought one. I freaked out about the situation called fed ex and called every where possible trying to find a legal way to ship. Even asked friends if they were certified. Then I did tell you I would buy her yes I tried to sell my other snake so I could come up with the money but failed at doing so...... I felt bad, and I am sorry about the bad situation matt.
quote:
Deobra should be banned for this ridiculous thread. She's bad mouthing someone because they wouldn't sell her something for WHAT she wanted to pay. Unbelievable.
That is clearly not the reason for posting this thread and if you truley believe it is than you have the right to voice your opinion. I have also noticed that the title of the original ad has change from best offer to $400 go figure that. However if I should be banned for this then everybody else on fauna who has ever complained about service should be banned as well. I apologized for what I did and apologized to randy and realize that the thread shouldnt have been posted as a bad guy thread. However what is done is done. Now moving on, apology has been made I did post on this thread an apology and that it was a mistake..... now why should I be banned for apologizing and realizing that I made a mistake? People make mistakes thats how we learn and grow and become stronger. I know you are not perfect, and I know im not either. Sorry

Show Me
01-12-2011, 11:45 AM
I feel she should be forgiven as she has apologized. It takes some guts to admit when your wrong.

deborahbroadus
01-12-2011, 11:54 AM
I feel she should be forgiven as she has apologized. It takes some guts to admit when your wrong.

It takes NO guts to admit you are wrong when you are CAUGHT and popular opinion is against you, frankly, that's a "let me pull my foot out of my mouth" move.

It would have been a better move for her to respect the seller's wishes.

Deobra, even if a seller say's, "Best Offer," he can later establish a price range if he wishes. Some do once they realize that most people have no idea what individual morphs should cost.

reticguy76
01-12-2011, 11:57 AM
it seems it was 5, almost 6 pages, of people ripping on the op saying virtually the same thing. she admitted she messed up. enough people have come to the subjects defense that he is, in fact, a good guy.
if someone in the future is interesting in purchasing from Randy, if they just see a Bad Guy post and dont open the thread up to read about or do any other searches on him, they probably shouldnt be purchasing an animal from him anyway.
i have purchased from a couple people in the years ive been in this hobby, that have been labeled bad guys, and i opened and read the thread, as well as do other searches on the sellers and all was well.

deborahbroadus
01-12-2011, 12:13 PM
it seems it was 5, almost 6 pages, of people ripping on the op saying virtually the same thing. she admitted she messed up. enough people have come to the subjects defense that he is, in fact, a good guy.
if someone in the future is interesting in purchasing from Randy, if they just see a Bad Guy post and dont open the thread up to read about or do any other searches on him, they probably shouldnt be purchasing an animal from him anyway.i have purchased from a couple people in the years ive been in this hobby, that have been labeled bad guys, and i opened and read the thread, as well as do other searches on the sellers and all was well.

To the bolded: I do not think you can make this determination for the breeder.

You do not know if this would have or has cost him customers because of one self-centered buyer's peeved off attitude. No where in ANY of the posts she showed did he show anything but polite manners.

Frankly, I consider she lied to try and make someone else look bad and if this barrage of outraged responses doesn't stop her doing it again (you'd be surprised how many people keep making these kind of bone-headed posts after being warned the first time), perhaps it can stand as a warning for the more discerning that do read the thread.

***Good for you, you READ the threads in question in your case. Everyone does not do that. It's time consuming, they see the BIG RED X and move on.

reticguy76
01-12-2011, 12:28 PM
i agree to a certain extent. however, if im purchasing an animal as a potential investment, i do proper and thorough research. plus, if one does proper research, they would eventually read that the op realized she was wrong, and apologized and retracted her bad guy initial post/label. if i would just go down the list of bad guy threads related to people who were potential sellers to me, i wouldnt have come across a couple animals i have and have had that were fantastic animals.

Willow
01-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Uhg...I saw this coming when I first saw the temper tantrum Deobra was throwing in the classifieds ad

hunny...you need to grow up and understand that this was most likely the most childish thing you could have done in this situation. Pure selfish, spoiled, bratty attitude and it sure as heck isn't messing up Randy's reputation as much as it is your own.

I work in customer service...I understand that trying to make a customer happy is the first priority....but even so....people should not have to deal with their product being bashed, and their own personal space invaded but rudeness....just to make a whiny brat, who isn't even going to purchase from them, happy.

I would have decided not to sell to you the moment you told me you got a better looking one for cheaper....as most people would have....as that was ignorant and rude of you to say to a seller in the first place. Who the heck would be happy dealing with anyone after a comment like that.

Good customer service does not mean you get the right to be a bad customer without consequences.

This bad guy thread is a total waste of space on the BOI....you simply help add to the list of people who don't know how to use to BOI properly to benefit the herp community in the right way.

hhmoore
01-12-2011, 01:32 PM
(i had heard the babies might have kinks or other defects or that they were a wild caught line)
Here's your opportunity to save yourself from at least one problem...Who did you hear the above from?

Kristi23
01-12-2011, 02:20 PM
I would have decided not to sell to you the moment you told me you got a better looking one for cheaper....as most people would have....as that was ignorant and rude of you to say to a seller in the first place. Who the heck would be happy dealing with anyone after a comment like that.

Good customer service does not mean you get the right to be a bad customer without consequences.

This bad guy thread is a total waste of space on the BOI....you simply help add to the list of people who don't know how to use to BOI properly to benefit the herp community in the right way.

I have to agree with this. I would never sell to someone after they said something like that. Maybe you didn't mean anything by it, but breeders work hard to produce quality animals. I would gladly pay extra (and have) to buy from someone like that.

As far as this thread being here...maybe someone can post a good guy thread about Randy. That way at least there will be some positive if someone searches.

SERPENTS DEN
01-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Well said Willow!
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220987

sagespyder@yahoo.com
01-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Everything that i would have aid has already been pretty much posted. Next time before going an posting something on the BOI try to read the rules first. I have replied here in other threads but before I did that i read the rules about posting in the BOI. My first post in the BOI was an inquiry thread and could be changed to a BG but decided that the inquiry was enough. The thread was a mistake and lessons learned. Time to let this die.

deobra2869
01-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Everything that i would have aid has already been pretty much posted. Next time before going an posting something on the BOI try to read the rules first. I have replied here in other threads but before I did that i read the rules about posting in the BOI. My first post in the BOI was an inquiry thread and could be changed to a BG but decided that the inquiry was enough. The thread was a mistake and lessons learned. Time to let this die.
agreed. I have talked to randy and apologized, I have also talked to a moderator about having the post removed as for he is not a bad guy for not sending pics. This should have been an inquiry thread pretty much just to get some feed back about him or to let people know that I found the situation pretty odd. Randy knows that this was a mistake as I have explained to him, and alot of the recent posters on this thread agree as well. I have made a mistake which I will willingly admit to thousands of you, and I am trying to make it better. So why keep this going? Now I understand being punished by all of fauna for this however I am admitting to my mistake. For the people who keep saying bad things about me or this or that....... I have already taken the necessary steps to try to make this better. Now it just seems like people are bored and have nothing else better to do than try to cut me down? I was not cutting any body down intentionally! Like I said the thread was posted wrong randy has got an apology for anything that I said to make him feel a lesser or make him feel bad. I have seen other posts by randy. He is a good seller and he has great deals, I was just telling my situation and trying to see if anyone had dealt with him and had the same problem or if they dealt with him and had a good experience? I went about it the wrong way and noticed that. How many times do I need to apologize before people will say "ok you made a rookie mistake let this be a lesson and lets move on"

IRandy
01-12-2011, 08:11 PM
I really appreciate everyone's support on the subject, and any point I may wanted to express has already been done.

Willow
01-12-2011, 08:16 PM
Sadly being sorry for "your rookie mistake" will never remove this bad guy thread from the BOI....you have guaranteed lost sales for Randy because of this...many people WILL NOT click on it and read it...they will simply see the Red Bad Guy thread and move on to different sales

A 21 year old who gets drunk on their birthday and kills someone with their car I'm sure feels sorry for their stupid mistake....does that mean its okay? all should be forgiven? It was just a mistake right? They didn't MEAN to mess up someone elses life.

I know that is an extreme example...but hunny I surly would not forgive you so easily for tainting my name so effortlessly and without thought of consequences.

You have permanently messed up someone's business...if Randy loses even ONE sale because of you....There is no forgiving for that.

Willow
01-12-2011, 08:19 PM
I will leave my thoughts with my last post...as yes this thread should be left to fall to the bottom

sadly I just don't feel Deobra really understands the hurt she may have caused for Randy's future business sales....all of her "sorrys" seem more like defenses then actual sorrow for what was done...I find that deplorable

deborahbroadus
01-12-2011, 08:20 PM
agreed. I have talked to randy and apologized, I have also talked to a moderator about having the post removed as for he is not a bad guy for not sending pics. This should have been an inquiry thread pretty much just to get some feed back about him or to let people know that I found the situation pretty odd. Randy knows that this was a mistake as I have explained to him, and alot of the recent posters on this thread agree as well. I have made a mistake which I will willingly admit to thousands of you, and I am trying to make it better. So why keep this going? Now I understand being punished by all of fauna for this however I am admitting to my mistake. For the people who keep saying bad things about me or this or that....... I have already taken the necessary steps to try to make this better. Now it just seems like people are bored and have nothing else better to do than try to cut me down? I was not cutting any body down intentionally! Like I said the thread was posted wrong randy has got an apology for anything that I said to make him feel a lesser or make him feel bad. I have seen other posts by randy. He is a good seller and he has great deals, I was just telling my situation and trying to see if anyone had dealt with him and had the same problem or if they dealt with him and had a good experience? I went about it the wrong way and noticed that. How many times do I need to apologize before people will say "ok you made a rookie mistake let this be a lesson and lets move on"

I disagree with "rookie mistake." What you later did, shows you to be without ethics and capable of retaliation. This goes to personal CHARACTER and far beyond trying to back peddle and make excuses about being new.

You were also in the classifieds earlier last year and you were warned about another matter involving your posting inappropriately and you continued to do so. This thread simply reveals more of your CHARACTER, and imo, it was not a mistake.

Just saying...:rolleyes:

Show Me
01-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Really?! Your comparing a drunk that kills someone driving to what Deobra did? Wow that's so similar. Not.

Personally I think the cut throat non forgiving attitudes in here would be the reason Randy may lose a sale. Not that Randy has anything to do with it but it may appear that those are his friends.

deobra2869
01-12-2011, 08:48 PM
be it what it is nobody on this thread knows me personally so to judge my life character on this event is your choice. This will be my last post to this thread as well. It is not worth it to continue and was a mistake on my part whether you think I mean im sorry...... or not. So randy since you are viewing this thread I will direct this final apology to you.

deobra2869
01-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Really?! Your comparing a drunk that kills someone driving to what Deobra did? Wow that's so similar. Not.

Personally I think the cut throat non forgiving attitudes in here would be the reason Randy may lose a sale. Not that Randy has anything to do with it but it may appear that those are his friends.

possibly? Agreed. Thank you

Willow
01-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Hah...I didn't mean she killed someone, think outside of the box...simply making a point that just because it was a mistake doesn't mean it should be forgiven so easily. True remorse for wrong doing is what earns forgiveness....which I'm sure I'm not the only who who thinks her apologies where less then heartfelt.

The BoidSmith
01-12-2011, 09:06 PM
This thread also shows some people are incapable of forgiveness and feel satisfaction by breaking the spirit of another person...

Willow
01-12-2011, 09:09 PM
This thread also shows some people are incapable of forgiveness and feel satisfaction by breaking the spirit of another person...

Think what you may....I am capable of forgiveness, I have done so many many times in my life to people who truly showed that they deserved it...I have no desire to break anyone's spirit...but again...I just don't see true sorrow for the actions taken...but of course we can always see how others decide to feel when something like this is done to them and tarnishes their own name :ack2:

Pythonbreeder99
01-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Dont go off attacking willow for her comparason or her "seeming" incapable of forgivness, because I'm sure that she is a forgiving person, lets try and keep this thread focused on the subject(s) at hand and not attack people posting on it.

deobra2869
01-12-2011, 09:28 PM
in what way may I show true forgiveness to YOU willow since this is a bad guy thread on you and your reputation is hurt. I have contacted randy and tried to show remorse to him and apologized.... the victim here is randy not you. And with all do respect I do not feel the need to be concerned of whether or not you believe I have remorse. The only person on here who should be shown remorse and sorrow too is Randy....... Which I have done the best to my extent of that already, with only having a computer to type it on and not being able to give the respect of doing it in person where he can truly see the emotion of remorse. How many times do I have to say im sorry or I apologize to where you see the remorse in my typing?

Pythonbreeder99
01-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Also, to Deobra, if you had "just bought a nicer one for less then that" then why were you interested in Randys animal?

Show Me
01-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Deobra, I think your going to have to post a YouTube Video of yourself curled up in a ball crying while making a apology. LOL. But then again that's probably not good enough for them.

Willow
01-12-2011, 09:34 PM
You know I'm sorry if there are topics in this world that hit a soft spot with me...or offend anyone...I guess making a "mistake" that can potentially ruin a good persons business reputation for no good reason what so ever is one of those topics that gets me pretty heated. I'm just a horrible person I know =)

You know I highly doubt this will ruin Randy...as he so far in his reputation has proven himself to be a pretty stand up guy....but again, that really isn't the point...people really should think what their actions can do to others peoples lives and businesses before they post Bad Guy threads that are unwarranted

They should also read the rules of the BOI...that's a mistake that easily could have been avoided.

And your correct Deobra....Randy is really the only person who needs to forgive you....which I'm sure he does, so good for you...If your apology was enough to satisfy him then all is well in your world....and hopefully all is well in his world and will stay that way despite Red Tag

zzzdanz
01-12-2011, 09:34 PM
So the OP has spoken with Randy about this,Randy apparently accepts the appologies of the OP, but that's not enough for a certain few.

Those certain few will just kick someone when they're down to make themselves feel better or something, showing their own CHARACTER or lack of.

ed hummel
01-12-2011, 10:09 PM
willow does have a point because this in all likelihood will cause randy to lose some sales. if you come here looking to buy what he is selling and 3 others are also selling the same thing and and his name comes up with a red x and others come up with a green check, ive a feeling other then out of curiosity of why hes a bad guy people will go straight for the green guys to make the purchase.

hopefully deb has learned about pulling the trigger to quickly, time will tell, but ive a feeling this will cost her in the long run as well if she plans on becoming a seller. a lose lose situation all around.

KelliH
01-12-2011, 10:13 PM
Deobra, I think your going to have to post a YouTube Video of yourself curled up in a ball crying while making a apology. LOL. But then again that's probably not good enough for them.

You might feel differently if you were the subject of this Bad Guy thread.

deobra2869
01-12-2011, 10:14 PM
thank you to all who have seen the sincerity that I have tried to show about the situation. Show me you may be right..... but unfortunately I do not have a camcorder LOL nor would I know how to post a video on you tube. I do feel that some people do like to continuously criticize people when they make mistakes and kick them while they are down. Some people simply cant just accept that other people are little less than perfect like "themselves" and are capable of making mistakes. I am sure that people who view this thread will see I apologized and will read the good points I did say about randy and realize that I just made a mistake and went about it the wrong way....... the people who also view this thread will see the hostility that some people bring on those who realize there mistakes. They will see exactly what you zzzdanz said that certain people just like to kick you while your down thus bringing up the thought of "if they did this to that person, then I can imagine how they are to deal with" and that goes for myself as well. However I am aware of my mistakes and did admit to them so I guess people can judge me on my willingness to learn from bad choices and try to use those experiences to better myself and future experiences people may have with me as they may choose to. If I stumbled across a thread such as this that didnt involve my self or randy or anybody on here and saw that a person made a mistake and apologized repeatedly for it I would think "ok this is a bad situation but that person knows what they have done and has apologized and has hopefully learned there lesson" and left it at that but in further of reading the thread seeing the bad bashes after an apology by other people on the thread I would most likely..... no not most likely I would judge not only the person who made the mistake but also the person or people who just cant let it go and feel like there pride is riding on beating the person down for making a mistake. It does show character on those "peoples" behalf, causing a negative thought in my head or perhaps other peoples head about that particular type of person. Which will ultimately cause people to not want to deal with "me" or whoever posted the thread, but also cause them to not want to deal with you. I am sure that people can agree to that on here

Show Me
01-12-2011, 10:22 PM
No, I would feel the same. I use to be a dog breeder and have dealt with many kinds of situations. I have had someone complain on a forum about me, they realized they were in the wrong and apologized to me. The situation was almost identical to this one. I wasn't happy about what they did but I accepted there apology and even became friends with them!!! I didn't hurt my business in the less bit in fact the lady that complained started recommending me to others!

PAVLOVK1025
01-12-2011, 10:36 PM
As one of your harshest critics, I don't need to further kick you. I agree that after the initial volley, everything that can be said gets said usually, and anything further is usually overboard.
That said, I think this thread stands as a great example as to how passionate people are over the ethics of being a customer or breeder.

I don't hate or dislike or have neg feelings towards Deobra.( now that I've calmed down anyway) I just know that it takes a lot to build a rep....most of us are still building one. It's hard to make a good name for yourself and very easy to have someone tarnish your rep over nothing.
For all future posters, and as a lesson for Deobra, think about your post before you ever click submit...there's more consequences than you might have considered.

/end

dragonluver83
01-12-2011, 10:38 PM
willow does have a point because this in all likelihood will cause randy to lose some sales. if you come here looking to buy what he is selling and 3 others are also selling the same thing and and his name comes up with a red x and others come up with a green check, ive a feeling other then out of curiosity of why hes a bad guy people will go straight for the green guys to make the purchase.

I dunno, I have noticed people are very good judges for themselves. As everyone went right after the op when she posted.

Losing sales? I dunno about that either. Most people arent going to see a red "X" and say i dont want to even read it, I dont want to buy from him. If a customer said that, maybe its better they walk. Customers that dont want to read a thread may not want to read TOS. We all know where that leads.

The red "X" draws people in , right? Once they read the ridiculous original post. Then read that this guy has a good rep...... This may have turned into a HIGHLY viewing good guy thread because of a red "X".

IMO i have seen threads like these and its on good for the seller. Maybe Im looking at it wrong :shrug01:....

Show Me
01-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Has everyone noticed that Randy has treated this whole thing very professionally?!!! He excepted her apology and moved on. Very classy if you ask me.

deobra2869
01-12-2011, 10:59 PM
It is and all this experience has showed me that..... I was truly wrong for jumping to conclusions about him. And yes I do feel this thread could turn into a good guy sort of thread. He has shown me respect...... THE ONE WHO WAS QUICK TO JUDGE HIM!!! He has shown me that he is professional and would have most likely been somebody I would love to do business with, doubting I will get the chance..... but maybe? Who knows? He has turned out to be a great guy and in all honesty I have gained ALOT OF RESPECT FOR HIM. This situation may turn out to be one of those situations in a previous post where the quick judger actually refers people and brings sales up. Maybe we will do business? Maybe we will create a good business relationship from this...... maybe not it will all depend upon him, but if he chooses not to I understand perfectly. As far as I am concerned Randy the "victim" has showed more mercy and more respect towards the situation (giving the circumstances it has put him under) than anybody who has posted to this thread, with some exceptions. It has really changed my whole outlook on how I judge people, or that I shouldnt. Randy has proven to be an amazing person and I do hope that this dumb:censored: mistake of a bad guy thread does turn out to be a good guy thread. Now I know I must try to gain your respect or trust back Randy and that there is a possibility that you can lose or gain sales from this, but I hope anybody who does read this....... reads all of it, and any inquiries about you...... I will be the first on it to post that you are indeed a respected professional reptile keeper/seller in the future. Sorry for the hardship I have caused you and others.

ed hummel
01-12-2011, 11:11 PM
I dunno, I have noticed people are very good judges for themselves. As everyone went right after the op when she posted.

Losing sales? I dunno about that either. Most people arent going to see a red "X" and say i dont want to even read it, I dont want to buy from him. If a customer said that, maybe its better they walk. Customers that dont want to read a thread may not want to read TOS. We all know where that leads.

The red "X" draws people in , right? Once they read the ridiculous original post. Then read that this guy has a good rep...... This may have turned into a HIGHLY viewing good guy thread because of a red "X".

IMO i have seen threads like these and its on good for the seller. Maybe Im looking at it wrong :shrug01:....

i guess we'll never really know unless someone comes in and states they purchased/didnt purchase from randy after seeing this thread.

reticguy76
01-12-2011, 11:14 PM
I think many people forgive you. Forgiveness is a key trait in life to have and the ability to move past things.
10 pages summed up: op started thread apparently unknowing of rules and basic ethics of the boi. She was called out on it, by numerous people. She realized she was wrong and has apologized publically as well as to the subject of this thread. Should she have thought and read about the boi and how/what to post or start a thread, of course. But she is a human being and is very capable of making mistakes and realizing them and trying to rectify them.
I'm in no way sticking up for her for her post and how she did it, it was wrong and not thought out at all. However, she seems genuine in her apology and realization to try ans correct it as best she can

RobNJ
01-12-2011, 11:42 PM
I personally think that this is a case of posting without thinking on the OP's part, and believe it should be forgiven. I also believe she would benefit greatly from stern, yet kind advice from those who have been in the hobby for longer. It remains to be seen whether this behavior continues, and if/when she repeats...then we see pattern behavior and she'll have opened herself up to harsh criticism. Bad buyer??? Probably, but more likely due to inexperience than anything else. I'm sure most or all of us at some point have been a bad buyer.

That being said, Deobrah, I believe the most damaging statements in your opening post were not about Randy being uncooperative, rude, etc...which he clearly wasn't. In my eyes, the most damaging thing you posted was 3rd party hearsay about kinked babies and wild caught snakes. You cannot undo such statements, and even though Randy is not at all in the wrong in this situation, people are going to question the origin and health of the snakes he is selling. Although those statements were neither confirmed or disproven, you potentially opened up an entirely new can of worms that will be engraved into any potential new customer's mind upon reading this. As Harald subtley indicated a few pages back, statements like that should never be made unless you are ready and willing to back them up.

deobra2869
01-12-2011, 11:53 PM
I agree but this was my mistake and I was quick to judge, it is my hole I dug and I do not wish to bring others into the hole I created with me. I did tell harold that I will not publically post who the PMs were from I can post them but will however remove there names..... which ultimately in my mind will not prove anything. It can easily be judged that I made the pms up and I have thought about that fact (go figure I am actually thinking before I bring someone down). so how would I post while still protecting those peoples identity?

Willow
01-13-2011, 12:16 AM
No above mentioned PMs are from me...just to make sure no one thinks I'm harassing Deobra in PMs or anything =) I'm not THAT bad lol

deobra2869
01-13-2011, 12:27 AM
no none of the PMs are from you, I will not lie to try to make you look bad. They were not harassing PMs and the only one that I felt was, actually made apparent that he did Pm me in previous threads. They were just people who were trying to inform me of things they had acquired knowledge of some how, and thought they would bring it to a potential buyers attention. I dont think they noticed how new I was to this and that I could possibly take the information in a bad way or good way. But all in all its over hope I have at least made some things a little bit better as far as my mistake goes. goodnight

bobtard
01-13-2011, 01:00 AM
If you think I was harassing you, feel free to post the PM for others to read.

bobtard
01-13-2011, 01:02 AM
Don't stress, I'll do it for you.

You weren't just "asking for pics", you were bragging about how you got a "nicer one for nearly half the price", insulting his animal and his asking price.

Classy.

If he doesn't want to sell it for what you want to pay, deal with it, stop asking.

PS: Thanks for the karma! :dgrin:

deborahbroadus
01-13-2011, 04:41 AM
Originally Posted by bobtard
You weren't just "asking for pics", you were bragging about how you got a "nicer one for nearly half the price", insulting his animal and his asking price.

Classy.

If he doesn't want to sell it for what you want to pay, deal with it, stop asking.

PS: Thanks for the karma!

Yep, she's SO remorseful that she ran around giving retalitory Karma..she's REALLY sorry..yeah, right.:rolleyes:

In my opinion, a person that's really sorry would not have done the things she's done. All she's done for ME is show she's sneaky and revengeful...yeah, I think we called it right. ;)

I forgive quickly, but when someone is on here weeping and moaning and to my face, while behind the scenes she/he is trying to "get even" with people for posting their opinions, that has a LOT to do with my responses.:reddevil:

hhmoore
01-13-2011, 08:08 AM
I did tell harold that I will not publically post who the PMs were fromThat is your decision...but, since in that same message you stated that you read the rules, you should realize that you are opening yourself for an infraction. (Hence my post giving you an opportunity to avoid that problem)
I can post them but will however remove there names..... which ultimately in my mind will not prove anything. It can easily be judged that I made the pms up and I have thought about that fact (go figure I am actually thinking before I bring someone down). so how would I post while still protecting those peoples identity?
Posting the messages without posting the name(s) of the source(s) would still be anonymous third party quotation...which is an infraction. Bottom line - the statement shouldn't have been made if you aren't willing to say where the information came from.

All posting that information would do now is deflect some of the heat you are feeling...and somewhat justify your concerns. If that was shown to be legitimate, some people wouldn't think you pulled that whole statement out of your :bleep: just because the you were under the guns.

If I were to offer you any advice, Deobra, it would be - stop posting in this thread (there's really nothing left for you to say, so let the thread die until somebody has just cause to resurrect it), take a little time to reflect on what you may have learned from this, and incorporate those things into your approach in the classifieds.

ophidile
01-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Deobra: if you're opinion of Randy Gonzalez has changed and you now think he is a good guy, one step in the direction of making up for your "mistake" might be to make a good guy post about how well he's handled himself. The casual browser might better notice a goodguy post following a badguy post by the same author.

In general: take your lumps with grace. You messed up, whether by ignorance or an overly entitled personality. It wasn't the worst mistake in the world but neither is being chewed out by a few folks online the worst thing in life. IMHO, the punishment fits the "crime". Forgiveness can't be demanded, people will or won't in their own time, likely based on how you continue to conduct yourself.

hhmoore
01-13-2011, 12:30 PM
(moderator hat - off)
If she thought him a bad guy because he wouldn't provide pics of snakes she wasn't going to purchase, or at least not at his price, and she has not had a transaction with him....what grounds would she have for now deciding he is a good guy? Because he accepted her apology? She's already apologized profusely in this thread, there is no reason for her to start another one about this same experience. (Though part of me would get a kick out of seeing it: I posted a Bad Guy thread about this guy, Randy, and everybody yelled at me. I apologized for doing it, and exchanged some messages with Randy. He told me not to worry about it, so I guess he's a Good Guy...even if he probably won't sell to me now)

deborahbroadus
01-13-2011, 12:32 PM
(moderator hat - off)
If she thought him a bad guy because he wouldn't provide pics of snakes she wasn't going to purchase, or at least not at his price, and she has not had a transaction with him....what grounds would she have for now deciding he is a good guy? Because he accepted her apology? She's already apologized profusely in this thread, there is no reason for her to start another one about this same experience. (Though part of me would get a kick out of seeing it: I posted a Bad Guy thread about this guy, Randy, and everybody yelled at me. I apologized for doing it, and exchanged some messages with Randy. He told me not to worry about it, so I guess he's a Good Guy...even if he probably won't sell to me now)

Deborah <<< Cracking up over here :rofl:

Very good summary.:thumbsup:

Amelanistic Orca
01-13-2011, 12:46 PM
(moderator hat - off)
roflmfao..

Shadera
01-13-2011, 12:47 PM
It's happened before. I have one of those myself. :rofl:

I'd be interested in seeing who it was that was badmouthing the seller's animals via pm and what was specifically said. Why would they not post here themselves if they thought it had any merit? Curious.

Kudos for apologizing. It's a start.

Kristi23
01-13-2011, 01:00 PM
(moderator hat - off)

I definitely don't think she should start one, but it would be nice if one of his past customers would start a good guy thread.

deborahbroadus
01-13-2011, 01:17 PM
It's happened before. I have one of those myself. :rofl:

I'd be interested in seeing who it was that was badmouthing the seller's animals via pm and what was specifically said. Why would they not post here themselves if they thought it had any merit? Curious.

Kudos for apologizing. It's a start.

:NoNo: I give her no kudos, because while she was being all EMO here, she was showing her true colors behind the scenes.:rofl::rofl:

ripkensj
07-12-2011, 01:29 PM
I am currently in the middle of a deal with Randy. He has been verry respectful of my time and miney. He has gone above and beyond to accomadate me and to work with me. All I have to say is if you don't want what he is selling at the price he is selling then find someone who is. This goes for evert seller, not just him.