PDA

View Full Version : Inquiry Nikki Gulizia (buyer) a scammer?

JustChad04
01-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Anyone have any intel about Nikki Gulizia fron Staten Island NY? Friend of mine sold her a BP and she is reporting it to Paypal that she only got a box with newspapers. My friend attempted to keep in contact prior to shipping but Nikki never answered. Nikki also kept communicating to a minimum (just called my friend to give the address). After the animal was shipped Nikki never called, emailed, nothing. few days later my friend recieved the ticket on Paypal stating she never got the animal just a empty box.

The BP value was over $1,000 so local police cannot get involved. FBI will have to be contacted. He has never had this happen to him and been doing business for a long time. As of right now he cannot use Pay pal until the cituation is resolved.

Friend has a great reputation and never has attempted sending an "Empty" box to someone.

Any info on the individual in question would be helpful as well as any tips to handling the cituation proplerly to ensure my friend does not get screwed over.

Thank you all for your time.

-Chad Brown
(not the pro exoctics one, but hes cool! hope he reads this i'd like a jersey!!! :thumbsup: )

JustChad04
01-12-2011, 12:07 PM
I forgot to add, she is trying to get a refund for the purchase through Paypal.

Focal
01-12-2011, 12:22 PM
I would tell you friend to keep record of what the package weighed before it was shipped. A box with newspaper has to weigh a lot less without the snake. This would help prove whether it was a problem on his part or on the shipping company.

TheFragginDragon
01-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Who is your friend? Ultimately, he should be posting here, since he's the one with the potential loss.

TheFragginDragon
01-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Who is your friend? Ultimately, he should be posting here, since he's the one with the potential loss.

Excuse me. 'she', not 'he'.

JustChad04
01-12-2011, 12:45 PM
I wasnt going to put his name out but he is well known.

Bob Futo is the seller. He cannot respond due to he recently had a family member pass away and is attending family matters/funeral.

Amelanistic Orca
01-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Not cool!! I'm done taking ppal..

Rainbowboaman
01-12-2011, 03:34 PM
It might be a good I dea if you can post contact email, phone number & shipping address for this person to see if they scammed anyone else.

zzzdanz
01-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Not cool!! I'm done taking ppal..

I hear that Tom!

JustChad04
01-13-2011, 08:39 AM
I will see if I can that info for you about Nikki. That or see if Bob can get them on here.

PAVLOVK1025
01-13-2011, 11:59 AM
"Friend" shouldnt be selling constrictors to someone in a place where they're illegal.

Just saying.

ophidile
01-13-2011, 12:20 PM
If it's any consolation, from what I've seen here if your friend provides a tracking number for the shipment paypal will rule in his favor. I've yet to see paypal rule in favor of "item not as described"! Let us know how it works out!
(watch out for credit card chargebacks though)

JustChad04
01-13-2011, 01:52 PM
"Friend" shouldnt be selling constrictors to someone in a place where they're illegal.

Um... not sure how this is helpful in any matter, but ok. So they are illegal in the state of NY? Did not know that plus can think of 1 breeder already that is based out of NY and did not have any problems then. But thanks I guess for that tidbit...

If it's any consolation, from what I've seen here if your friend provides a tracking number for the shipment paypal will rule in his favor. I've yet to see paypal rule in favor of "item not as described"! Let us know how it works out!
(watch out for credit card chargebacks though)

thanks for the info Ophidile, I will pass that along!

Rainbowboaman
01-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Ball pythons are illegal in NY?

jimoo
01-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Ball pythons are illegal in NY?

Apparently yes, see section 10 below:

§ 161.01. Wild animals prohibited. [FN1]

(a) No person shall sell or give to another person, possess, harbor or keep wild animals identified in subsection (b) of this section or in regulations promulgated by the Commissioner pursuant to subsection (e) of this section other than in:

(1) A zoological park or aquarium operated by the Department of Parks, by the Wildlife Conservation Society, or by the Staten Island Zoological Society; or

(2) A laboratory operated pursuant to § 504 of the Public Health Law; or

(3) A circus or native wildlife rehabilitator licensed by federal or state agencies; or

(4) A place which has received the approval of the Department to exhibit or use such animals, and which has protective devices which are adequate to prevent such animal from escaping or injuring the public. The Department may impose reasonable conditions and time limits on the granting of such approval.

(b) For the purposes of this Code, wild animals are deemed to be any animals which are naturally inclined to do harm and capable of inflicting harm upon human beings and are hereby prohibited pursuant to subsection (a). Such animals shall include: (i) any animals specified by the Commissioner in regulations promulgated pursuant to this section; (ii) any native or exotic wildlife whose possession or sale is prohibited because they are designated as protected or endangered pursuant to any federal, state or local law, regulation, or rule; and (iii) any of the following animals:

(1) All dogs other than domesticated dogs (Canis familiaris), including, but not limited to, wolf, fox, coyote, hyaena, dingo, jackal, dhole, fennec, raccoon dog, zorro, bush dog, aardwolf, cape hunting dog and any hybrid offspring of a wild dog and domesticated dog.

(2) All cats other than domesticated cats (Felis catus), including, but not limited to, lion, tiger, leopard, ocelot, jaguar, puma, panther, mountain lion, cheetah, wild cat, cougar, bobcat, lynx, serval, caracal, jaguarundi, margay and any hybrid offspring of a wild cat and domesticated cat.

(3) All bears, including polar, grizzly, brown and black bear.

(4) All fur bearing mammals of the family Mustelidae, including, but not limited to, weasel, marten, mink, badger, ermine, skunk, otter, pole cat, zorille, wolverine, stoat and ferret.

(5) All Procyonidae: All raccoon (eastern, desert, ring-tailed cat), kinkajou, cacomistle, cat-bear, panda and coatimundi.

(6) All carnivorous mammals of the family Viverridae, including, but not limited to, civet, mongoose, genet, binturong, fossa, linsang and suri- cate.

(7) All bats (Chiroptera).

(8) All non-human primates, including, but not limited to, monkey, ape, chimpanzee, gorilla and lemur.

(9) All squirrels (Sciuridae).

(10) Reptiles (Reptilia). All Helodermatidae (gila monster and Mexican beaded lizard); all front-fanged venomous snakes, even if devenomized, including, but not limited to, all Viperidae (viper, pit viper), all Elapidae (cobra, mamba, krait, coral snake), all Atractaspididae (African burrowing asp), all Hydrophiidae (sea snake), all Laticaudidae (sea krait); all venomous, mid-or rear-fanged, Duvernoy-glanded members of the family Colubridae, even if devenomized; any member, or hybrid offspring of the family Boidae, including, but not limited to, the common or green anaconda and yellow anaconda; any member of the family Pythonidae, including but not limited to the African rock python, Indian or Burmese python, Amethystine or scrub python; any member of the family Varanidae, including the white throated monitor, Bosc's or African savannah monitor, Komodo monitor or dragon, Nile monitor, crocodile monitor, water monitor, Bornean earless monitor; any member of the family Iguanidae, including the green or common iguana; any member of the family teiidae, including, but not limited to the golden, common, or black and white tegu; all members of the family Chelydridae, including snapping turtle and alligator snapping turtle; and all members of the order Crocodylia, including, but not limited to alligator, caiman and crocodile.

(11) Birds and Fowl (Aves): All predatory or large birds, including, but not limited to, eagle, hawk, falcon, owl, vulture, condor, emu, rhea and ostrich; roosters, geese, ducks and turkeys prohibited or otherwise regulated pursuant to § 161.19 of this Code, the Agriculture and Markets Law or applicable federal law.

(12) All venomous insects, including, but not limited to, bee, hornet and wasp.

(13) Arachnida and Chilopoda: All venomous spiders, including, but not limited to, tarantula, black widow and solifugid; scorpion; all venomous arthropods including, but not limited to, centipede.

(14) All large rodents (Rodentia), including, but not limited to, gopher, muskrat, paca, woodchuck, marmot, beaver, prairie dog, capybara, sewellel, viscacha, porcupine and hutia.

(15) All even-toed ungulates (Artiodactyla) including, but not limited to, deer, antelope, sheep, giraffe and hippopotamus.

(16) All odd-toed ungulates (Perissodactyla) other than domesticated horses (Equus caballus), including, but not limited to, zebra, rhinoceros and tapir.

(17) All marsupials, including, but not limited to, Tasmanian devil, dasyure, bandicoot, kangaroo, wallaby, opossum, wombat, koala bear, cuscus, numbat and pigmy, sugar and greater glider.

(18) Sea mammals (Cetacea, Pinnipedia and Sirenia), including, but not limited to, dolphin, whale, seal, sea lion and walrus.

(19) All elephants (Proboscides).

(20) All hyrax (Hyracoidea).

(21) All pangolin (Pholidota).

(22) All sloth and armadillo (Edentala).

(23) Insectivorous mammals (Insectivora): All aardvark (Tubulidentata), anteater, shrew, otter shrew, gymnure, desman, tenrec, mole and hedge hog.

(24) Gliding lemur (Dermoptera).

(c) In addition to domesticated dogs and cats, an animal may be kept, possessed, harbored or sold in the City of New York provided that possession of the animal is not otherwise prohibited by law, including federal, state and local laws regulating domestic animals and livestock or protecting wildlife and endangered species. Such animals include, but are not limited to, gerbil, hamster (Mesocricetus auratus), guinea pig, domesticated rabbit and fowl or small birds such as parakeet, parrot, canary and finch.

(d) An animal whose possession is prohibited pursuant to this section may be seized by any authorized employee, officer or agent of the Department or of any other agency of the City of New York, and the Commissioner shall provide for such animal's appropriate disposition.

(1) An order issued by the Commissioner pursuant to this section shall contain a notice that the owner of such animal may, within three business days of receipt of the order, request an opportunity to be heard with respect to whether the animal is a prohibited animal and its appropriate disposition. The Commissioner shall provide such an opportunity to be heard as soon as practicable, but no later than 15 days after receipt of such request.

(2) With the written consent of the Department, an owner of any animal whose possession is prohibited pursuant to this section, may remove such animal to another jurisdiction where its possession is not prohibited pursuant to any local or other law.

(e) The Commissioner may promulgate such regulations as may be necessary to add to the list in subsection (b) any animal which the Commissioner determines is naturally inclined to do harm and capable of inflicting bodily harm upon human beings.

(f) If any provision of this section is adjudged invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, such judgment shall not affect or impair the validity of the remainder of this section.

snakeman101172
01-13-2011, 05:23 PM
Balls are completely legal in NY. venomous and the big guys are illegal.

PAVLOVK1025
01-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Negative. Ball pythons are not legal within the 5 boroughs that make up NYC. Staten Island is one of those five. Womp womp. Gotta research your destination. Homework isn't just for buyers to do.

snakeman101172
01-13-2011, 05:54 PM
so how does the reptile show in white plains and staten island operate then ?

Matt2979
01-13-2011, 06:23 PM

I believe that would be this one:

§ 161.01. Wild animals prohibited. [FN1]

(a) No person shall sell or give to another person, possess, harbor or keep wild animals identified in subsection (b) of this section or in regulations promulgated by the Commissioner pursuant to subsection (e) of this section other than in:

(1) A zoological park or aquarium operated by the Department of Parks, by the Wildlife Conservation Society, or by the Staten Island Zoological Society; or

(2) A laboratory operated pursuant to § 504 of the Public Health Law; or

(3) A circus or native wildlife rehabilitator licensed by federal or state agencies; or

(4) A place which has received the approval of the Department to exhibit or use such animals, and which has protective devices which are adequate to prevent such animal from escaping or injuring the public. The Department may impose reasonable conditions and time limits on the granting of such approval.

snakeman101172
01-13-2011, 06:37 PM
these shows sell reptiles to the public. I am unsure of what you are pointing out.

zzzdanz
01-13-2011, 07:05 PM

It's not part of NYC I'm guessing.

Matt2979
01-13-2011, 07:14 PM
these shows sell reptiles to the public. I am unsure of what you are pointing out.

Good point. Then...:shrug01: That was just the rule that seemed to justify it, but I also was not thinking about those shows selling to the public.

laterob
01-13-2011, 07:43 PM
Chad - is there a way to notify Nikki of this thread?

I, too, have heard that BP's are illegal in the boroughs, but I can't explain how/if they are sold at the show there. Upstate NY is different, too.

At this point, if she doesn't come here, I would guess that she KNEW it was illegal and that MAY be part of the reason she's pulling this. How can your "friend" claim damages if he was shipping illegally? Your "friend" has a pretty big name when it comes to Surinames, though....you'd think he'd know about the the law. Maybe he doesn't do his own shipping/labelling? :shrug01:

jimoo
01-13-2011, 08:59 PM
It's not part of NYC I'm guessing.

Staten Island is definitely a borough of NYC

zzzdanz
01-13-2011, 09:30 PM
Staten Island is definitely a borough of NYC

That's why I was guessing....Pavy might be able to explain it

PAVLOVK1025
01-13-2011, 11:10 PM

White Plains is not New York City, and there are no shows in Staten Island, just tanning salons. You're thinking Long Island maybe, which is also outside city limits.

Stop fighting with me on this, I'm from NYC, you're not.

jeremyk
01-13-2011, 11:31 PM
Bob futo is a very good friend of mine. I had a lengthy conversation with bob, about this a few days ago. There are numerous facts about this, that point to nikki being a scammer. Im not going to delve into them. That is between bob and the authorities at this point. i will say this though. (1) I don’t think the animal was sent to staten island, the chick used two different address’ payment went through. Animal was shipped. (2) bob, has been doing this a VERY long time, this aint his first rodeo. He would NEVER ship an empty box to anyone. (3) He would never knowingly ship an illegal animal to anyone. Why would he? He could sell a super cinny to someone else; legally. Its not like no one wants them.(4) I doubt notifying this person and making them aware of this thread will do any good. She wont respond to any of the phone calls or emails he has sent her. so apparently she doesn’t want to resolve any issue. I know if I got an empty box. I would REALLY want to talk to the person who shipped it! Or show up on their doorstep! So back to the O/P. has any one heard of this chick?

ophidile
01-13-2011, 11:34 PM
Um... not sure how this is helpful in any matter, but ok. So they are illegal in the state of NY? Did not know that plus can think of 1 breeder already that is based out of NY and did not have any problems then. But thanks I guess for that tidbit...

thanks for the info Ophidile, I will pass that along!

Errr, woop, I stand corrected, this guy apparently got his money back for a DOA:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221431

Looks like I am just putting my foot in it all over today DX Time to stop posting!

(but, good luck to your friend, I still think he stands a good chance with paypal, especially if he has a weight on the box as someone else pointed out - it just sucks to have your account tied up like that for however long it'll take)

FLAWLS1
01-14-2011, 12:16 AM
This really pisses me off:angry: I've done business with Bob Futo and he would NEVER do this. I swear... some people man. Last time I spoke with Bob we even discussed these people who scam. Anything to get a dime I guess:NoNo:

JustChad04
01-14-2011, 09:15 AM
This really pisses me off I've done business with Bob Futo and he would NEVER do this. I swear... some people man. Last time I spoke with Bob we even discussed these people who scam. Anything to get a dime I guess

I too. Just finished a purchase with bob for a Blonde Pewter female, not only was I was impressed with the animals quality, but the process before purchase, during, and after. Bob is truly a professionaly and handles his business with passion! He was willing to provide me background information. Work with my delay on paypal for payment even with another buyer waiting, and through the tough trials of a family death, and a winter storm, still worked late in the hour to get her ready for shipment. But I got to say the one thing that truly blew me out of the water with Bob is three things: 1.) how attending he was during the whole process by keeping in touch via email, phone, etc. 2.) Even after recieving the animal, he didnt say thanks good luck! He insured the animal was ok, healthy, safe and STILL follows up to make sure. 3.) Not only is this animal AMAZING in color, but this is the FIRST bp I have purchased and it arrived DOSILE! Never striked at me, never hissed, and soon as it was out of the box, wanted to explore my shoulder and neck. It just shows how much work he puts into his animals!

The idea of Bob scamming someone blows my mind. I cannot see someone who puts soo much effort and pride into his animals do such a thing.

Bob=GREAT GUY!

Hopefully things work out in his favor, Any info of this Nikki attempting this on someone else will pretty much put it to rest.

As far as the NYC ban goes, thats a shocker! but hey, NYC has enough problems, for once the hippies got one through! I dont see it holding up too long though. But can we keep that topic in another thread and stick to finding out about this Nikki Gulizia in this thread? thanks!

KelliH
01-14-2011, 09:20 AM
I hate to be the one to say this, but Bob Futo needs to be the one posting about this, not his friends. I understand he is dealing with a funeral, but when he is able to he really needs to be the one that posts about this.

jeremyk
01-14-2011, 12:16 PM
I hate to be the one to say this, but Bob Futo needs to be the one posting about this, not his friends. I understand he is dealing with a funeral, but when he is able to he really needs to be the one that posts about this.

Bobs not going to post here. he does not get involved with forums very often. the transaction details are a matter for the authorities, nikki and bob. The O/P asked "if anyone had any dealings with nikki" that is really the only thing needed from this thread.

KelliH
01-14-2011, 12:55 PM
From the BOI Rules-

Anonymous third party quotation - 1 point
Saying something like "my buddy says you are a thief" is a third party quotation. There is no ownership to the accusation being made. Not allowed here. Let your buddy come in here and say it, otherwise it needs to remain unsaid.

Quotes from the OP-

Anyone have any intel about Nikki Gulizia fron Staten Island NY? Friend of mine sold her a BP and she is reporting it to Paypal that she only got a box with newspapers. My friend attempted to keep in contact prior to shipping but Nikki never answered. Nikki also kept communicating to a minimum (just called my friend to give the address). After the animal was shipped Nikki never called, emailed, nothing. few days later my friend recieved the ticket on Paypal stating she never got the animal just a empty box.

The BP value was over $1,000 so local police cannot get involved. FBI will have to be contacted. He has never had this happen to him and been doing business for a long time. As of right now he cannot use Pay pal until the cituation is resolved.

Friend has a great reputation and never has attempted sending an "Empty" box to someone.

Any info on the individual in question would be helpful as well as any tips to handling the cituation proplerly to ensure my friend does not get screwed over.

Thank you all for your time.

-Chad Brown
(not the pro exoctics one, but hes cool! hope he reads this i'd like a jersey!!! )

I've dealt with Bob; I like Bob. But he needs to be the one posting all these claims and details here, not his friend. I've reported the thread, so the mods can leave it open if they wish or close it. If my interpretation of the TOS is incorrect, my apologies in advance.

scorpy
01-14-2011, 01:29 PM

I agree. It's all a hearsay at this point.

snakeman101172
01-14-2011, 05:25 PM
White Plains is not New York City, and there are no shows in Staten Island, just tanning salons. You're thinking Long Island maybe, which is also outside city limits.

Stop fighting with me on this, I'm from NYC, you're not.

I spent my entire life in NY until relocating to florida in Jan. 09. I have purchased several pythons from Animal Kingdom over the years. I was not fighting you on anything.

Rainbowboaman
01-17-2011, 02:41 PM
Any updates on this situation?

JustChad04
01-19-2011, 09:22 AM
I've dealt with Bob; I like Bob. But he needs to be the one posting all these claims and details here, not his friend. I've reported the thread, so the mods can leave it open if they wish or close it. If my interpretation of the TOS is incorrect, my apologies in advance.

wow.... all I generally asked was does anyone have ANY intel/info about NIKKI GULIZIA, Using what happened to bob as a REFERENCE to bad business she has done.

ffs stop trolling me over something stupid and stick to what the SUBJECT line says...

I just want some info about the individual in question.

but if your that bored keep trolling away =]

KelliH
01-19-2011, 11:17 AM
wow.... all I generally asked was does anyone have ANY intel/info about NIKKI GULIZIA, Using what happened to bob as a REFERENCE to bad business she has done.

ffs stop trolling me over something stupid and stick to what the SUBJECT line says...

I just want some info about the individual in question.

but if your that bored keep trolling away =]

I'm not a troll. Just a longtime member of this site that knows the rules here.

By the way, it's you're, not your. Have a good day, and I hope Bob comes in here soon to clarify all of this.

ophidile
01-19-2011, 11:24 AM

By the way, it's you're, not your. Have a good day, and I hope Bob comes in here soon to clarify all of this.

I thought the rule was for anony quotes? In this case the third party is identified?

JustChad04
01-19-2011, 11:38 AM

1: thats qualifies as trolling, you are targeting me for a mistake and exploiting it to the public eye to use against me in arguement. AKA TROLLING!

2: In what way have I "Broke" the rules. Yes I used an incident that happened to Bob, But last time I checked this tread is an Inquiry about Said subject in questioning via the subject line description. Yes Bob is not hear to confirm what happened to him. but yet 2 other individuals besides me have confirmed on his behalf as well.

If you open your eyes really really wide, you may be able to read the entire topic instead of what you want to choose to read. I know reading through all these forums just to find something to challenge the OP about to report him/her to the mods must be really exciting and worth waisting your life over, but the rest of us actually use this website/forums to find out information about people in suspicion before making a purchase.

SO inlight of all this wonderful conversation between the two of us, lets please keep this forum on topic and end this childish nonsence of "YOU CANT DO THAT I'M TELLING MOM" where it belongs.... at home. I do not wish to make enemies on this site. It is rather rediculous to argue on a site designed to help those in need. Kind of defeats the purpose if you do the opposite am I right?

There are other forums that could use your rather excellent attention to non-definite details that really really need to be shut down, other than harassing us new members trying to do the honest thing in the crisis situation when we come here in need of help.

Good luck to you on that task!

Any who, back to the subject ORIGINALLY at hand, Still no info about this Nikki? I do not have an email address for her so cannot inform her of this thread. I will see if I can get that from Bob and maybe someone will recognize that and throw up some red flags.

hhmoore
01-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Your initial post is a story about something that happened to an unidentified third party. Yes, you subsequently identified that person....but there is really no reason for YOU to be posting about his experience. Bob Futo is a member here...he can post for himself.

JustChad04
01-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Ok then... Now I got the Forum Police on me! lol

Ill just make this simple, so I dont offend anyone who has an alter ego when behind a monitor screen...

Anyone with Info about Nikki Gulizia, please continue to post information. You can also email me or Bob with anything you have for us to help.

Maliciously destructive off topic posting
[i]New warning added on 12/21/07. I'm about as tired of the rampantly destructive derailing of threads by malicious off topic posting as anyone else here. I've been trying to figure out a good black and white definition to help the mods to enforce a rule to end this sort of nonsense, but such a definition has not been forthcoming. So, I am using a definition that is as best I can come up with, and leave it to the mods to interpret where, when, and against whom it is best applied.

Hmm... Seems like I am not the onlyone to bend a rule here... And this one is a stronger penalty than said rule I broke.

BAN THEM! BAN BAN BAN BAN!!!!!

see this isnt fun. how can you guys do this all day? lol what a joke...

JustChad04
01-19-2011, 02:41 PM
and with that said, I'm done. GL anyone trying to obtain info about Nikki here. Seeing how I am about to get trolled some more after this post haha.

No seriously, Good luck I hope we shine some light on her!

Peace

Joe_S
01-19-2011, 08:44 PM
I think it's awesome how someone begins a post asking for information and it turns into something like this. Chad, next time just leave all details out and post something to the effect of, "Does anyone have any info on Soandso?" Maybe then you can get some information rather than a flame fest. Best of luck to Bob, he's a great guy.

Focal
01-20-2011, 07:56 AM
I think it's awesome how someone begins a post asking for information and it turns into something like this. Chad, next time just leave all details out and post something to the effect of, "Does anyone have any info on Soandso?" Maybe then you can get some information rather than a flame fest. Best of luck to Bob, he's a great guy.

I think you answered your own question. IMO, this would have been fine if it was left as an inquiry thread, but it was an inquiry with a 'bad guy' post slid into it. There are accusations in this thread made by parties that were not involved in the transaction. Do I care? No, most of the time threads like this are just and most likely true, however, you have your occasional scornful post that someone will make dishonestly to tarnish the name of the other and that's why "rules are rules." I think everyone that comes across this thread will stay away from this Nikki girl now, whether she really received an empty box or not.

Joe_S
01-23-2011, 11:42 AM
True enough Nick. I happen to know Bob and know what he told me, having said that, I still agree if there were accusations to be posted they should have been posted by Bob. Anyone else, though it was done with the best of intentions should have left it as an inquiry with little if any detail as to why. Besides the fact of the rules, you'd be much more likely to get in to contact with this Nikki person that way. The best laid plans of mice and men, yeah?