PDA

View Full Version : Bad Guy Amanda Gentsy (anaconda420)

A&S Reptiles
01-12-2011, 05:58 PM
I made a mutual agreement with Amanda that she would ship me a normal female and male pastel, both adults, for $215 shipped. AFTER I sent payment through PayPal she told me she called UPS and shipping would be more, $60 or so more. She sent me a refund and told me someone was coming to pick them up. She did not stay with the agreed amount and was sloppy with checking shipping prices after agreeing on a set price. I advise anyone to either stay away from her or be extremely cautious when purchasing from her. I was gonna breed the female, now I'm without both snakes. She was also made aware of this post.

Sam Walters

Utta
01-12-2011, 06:04 PM
you got a refund. why the bad guy thread?

A&S Reptiles
01-12-2011, 06:10 PM
You agreed on $215 shipped. I sent you $215. Then you don't even look at what UPS will charge until after? That's bad business. You should be on top of it. You want to be in this business? Give exact prices.

Sam Walters

A&S Reptiles
01-12-2011, 06:11 PM
I meant she agreed. Sorry for the typo.

Sam Walters

anaconda420
01-12-2011, 06:15 PM
yes i sold her the snakes and i had a quote of $60 threw UPS. once i went to pint up the shipping lable the price jumped up to $125.02 i called UPS to see what was going on and they said from my zip to her zip the weight and size of the package that total was correct. i told them i did the same specs of the package earlier and it was only $60 amd they didnt care or didnt want to hear about the mistake so i canceled shipment and refunded her money. was not my fault at all/ ALL UPS

once i refunded the cahs she kept emailing me and sending PM trying to sell her only the female and the answer was NO many of times.

she sent me money and 5 min later got a refund. she didnt loose anything at all and get all her money back. sorry you live across county or you could of had them.

Cp3_Pythons
01-12-2011, 06:18 PM
you got a refund. why the bad guy thread?

:iagree:

An inquiry or Information thread may have been better, However I do see where the Bad Guy Thread may come into place.

" I made a mutual agreement with Amanda that she would ship me a normal female and male pastel, both adults, for $215 shipped. AFTER I sent payment through PayPal she told me she called UPS and shipping would be more, $60 or so more."

After agreing on a set price of 215 shipped then calling and saying shipping would be 60 more could be the reason the Bad Guy thread came into play

Just placing my 2 cents for what there worth on what I know now from what has been said But we are missing the other party on the situation
More than likey the seller was either just starting to ship and not 100 on the shipping charges or Bad Business Ethics which Im sure ARE NOT TO BLAME as from what you've said she gave a full refund correct?? I understand your out 2 Ball Pythons But you did recive your money back correct??

A&S Reptiles
01-12-2011, 06:21 PM
You told me no on just the female? You didn't say anything about that offer. After the incident I got "both are sold. guy is driving 4 hours to pick them up". Have an exact price before selling. That's why people usually ask for prices shipped to their zip. As I did "Would you do $200 shipped to 85345?" and we agreed on $215. You had my zip.

Sam Walters

Lucille
01-12-2011, 06:22 PM
So one can ship snakes via UPS now? I thought there was some kind of flak about that a while back?

A&S Reptiles
01-12-2011, 06:24 PM
The whole point behind my frustration is she didn't has this ready for anyone. See where I'm coming from? She should have calculated the shipping to my zip code like most people do before agreeing on a price. That's just my opinion when doing business.

Sam Walters

Matt2979
01-12-2011, 06:25 PM
So one can ship snakes via UPS now? I thought there was some kind of flak about that a while back?

Good point. Unless something has happened that I missed, the only way that you can legally (legal by the shipper's rules) ship snakes is with either Fed Ex or Delta Dash.

anaconda420
01-12-2011, 06:30 PM
i had a quote of $60 threw UPS. once i went to pint up the shipping lable the price jumped up to $125.02

if the price stayed the same as the quote you would have your snakes but it didnt.

A&S Reptiles
01-12-2011, 06:35 PM
Exactly why UPS should not be used. From now on I suggest Fed Ex or Ship Your Reptiles who are Fed Ex certified to avoid any mistakes in your future sales. Good luck.

Sam Walters

Utta
01-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Exactly why UPS should not be used. From now on I suggest Fed Ex or Ship Your Reptiles who are Fed Ex certified to avoid any mistakes in your future sales. Good luck.

Sam Walters

might wanna read that thread...

anaconda420
01-12-2011, 06:37 PM
She should have calculated the shipping to my zip code like most people do before agreeing on a price.

PLEASE READ MY POST!!! got a shipping quote from my addy to yours. told you $60 shipping.. when to make the lable and price goes up a extra $65. so is that my fault????

UPS i just opened my account yesterday and told them i was shipping out 2 ball pythons and they didnt say a word about it. said i would have all my supplies delivered to my house in 5 days/ i was like cool but with them prices i will close my account and check threw fed ex for future shipments and yes this was my first time shipping snakes. had them shipped to me but i never shipped any out yet

A&S Reptiles
01-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Utta: Just got an email from SYR yesterday. They worked out an agreement with Fed Ex and are now certified through them. I'm sure that thread is dated back when they had problems with UPS.

Amanda: I'm sorry I jumped the gun. I'll admit I did. But don't ship if you don't do your homework or have someone help you. UPS is not good. Go get Fed Ex certified. It'll really pay out for you in the future.

Sam Walters

anaconda420
01-12-2011, 06:47 PM
SYR is not shipping anything as of yet. they are talking to fedex. no contract with SYR OR FEDEX HAS BEEN 100% AS OF YET. i just called and asked LLL reptile supply and spoke to a lady. in the next few weeks they are hoping they get the contract.

UPS didnt give me a problem on the phone about shipping snakes

FEDEX now they told me they only ship turtles and geckos. NO SNAKES

sorry it came down to this tread but i dont see i did anything wrong and i was completly honest with you and refunded your cash in 5 min or less.

A&S Reptiles
01-12-2011, 06:50 PM
I don't see why Fed Ex would say that? Just last week I got a male fire ball python via Fed Ex. Well I guess what's come out of this is don't ship until you're really set up to. I have a Fed Ex certified friend who will be helping me this season with ball pythons.

Sam Walters

laterob
01-12-2011, 07:06 PM
FedEx only (legally) ships snakes through certified shippers. SYR is 'in the process' of getting approval as a 3rd-party shipper using FedEx, but sent that email out prematurely (surprise....).

Back to the reason for this thread.....I understand there were unexpected costs incurred by the seller, but this deal was made and closed. If I quote someone a price and they PAY that price, I am obligated to deliver on the sale.

ShiffyAME
01-12-2011, 07:11 PM
UPS i just opened my account yesterday and told them i was shipping out 2 ball pythons and they didnt say a word about it.

Just because the lady you spoke to didn't say a word, doesn't mean you are allowed to ship snakes through UPS. It just means she was unaware of the shipping terms UPS has.

"Live Animals that are prohibited from being shipped and are not accepted for transportation include, but are not limited to:
Any poisonous, venomous or threatening animal
Any Threatened or Endangered species
Arachnids (All): Examples: mites, scorpions, spiders, ticks
Birds (All)
Crocodiles (All): Examples: alligators, caimans, gavials
Mammals (All)
Obnoxious Insects: Examples: flies, locusts, mosquitoes, roaches, termites, weevils
Snakes (All): venomous and non-venomous"

and that was copied directly of the UPS website.
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/packaging/guidelines/animals.html

lillyorchid
01-12-2011, 07:19 PM
It is not hard at all to get certified to be a certified shipper though FedEx. I recommend everyone to do so if you are planning on selling reptiles. UPS still does not legally ship reptiles. The best info to my knowledge is located here: http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showthread.php?28253-How-to-become-FedEx-Certified-to-ship-reptiles....

As for this thread, I see why you would be mad. Sadly shipping prices are thru the roof and not all things work out. Be happy to got a refund. I would not pin her as a "bad guy", now if she took your money and went poof in to the night, then yes I think we all would be coming at this from another angle.

scorpy
01-12-2011, 07:29 PM
I am not an attorney but I believe there was a binding contract between the two parties. There was an offer and acceptance so even if the UPS rate went up $300 dollars the seller should still be obligated to full fill her end of the bargain. I mean I didn't see any stipulations or contingencies upon the shipping cost so it shouldn't be a reason to null and void the agreement.

Lucille
01-12-2011, 07:42 PM
Well, one action the seller might have taken would have been to price other forms of shipping.

§ 2-614. Substituted Performance.

(1) Where without fault of either party the agreed berthing, loading, or unloading facilities fail or an agreed type of carrier becomes unavailable or the agreed manner of delivery otherwise becomes commercially impracticable but a commercially reasonable substitute is available, such substitute performance must be tendered and accepted.

NocturnalNature
01-12-2011, 07:55 PM
It is not hard at all to get certified to be a certified shipper though FedEx. I recommend everyone to do so if you are planning on selling reptiles. UPS still does not legally ship reptiles. The best info to my knowledge is located here: http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showthread.php?28253-How-to-become-FedEx-Certified-to-ship-reptiles....

As for this thread, I see why you would be mad. Sadly shipping prices are thru the roof and not all things work out. Be happy to got a refund. I would not pin her as a "bad guy", now if she took your money and went poof in to the night, then yes I think we all would be coming at this from another angle.

UPS does indeed accept reptile shipments on a daily basis. They do have restrictions such as no snakes, but are a viable solution for many hobbyists who work with more than our friends with no legs :D.

KY Reptiles
01-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Okay here is my two cents for what they are worth.

First let me state that I know Samantha on a personal and business level. This by no means influences my opinion as I am looking at this at a completely professional level.

Okay first I feel this thread was warranted. I know that when I quote someone a price WITH shipping I stand by that price 100% unless for some reason when shipping is less when the animal is shipped I give a refund of the left over amount. If it is more. I cut my losses.

Amanda, whether shipping turned out to be more or not you and Samantha agreed upon an amount shipped for the snakes and she paid for them right away. To me that's a binding contract. You should have cut your losses and shipped them next week like agreed upon due to the snow storm that is in your area right now. That's just how good business is done.

I can only hope you learned from this. I don't feel this is UPS mistake. It was yours. Money refunded or not is not the point at all here, you should have stood by your price and the deal you made. Take this as a learning experience.

Kelly Gottberg