PDA

View Full Version : Bad Guy reptile garage very bad deal

frankb
01-13-2011, 09:23 PM
ok my wife and i are starting a ball python breeding business and we have been colecting ball pythons for awhile we try to stay in out budget for it so i go after good deals all but one have turned out great we recently purchased a female 500 plus gram ball python for 295 shipped it was what we thought to be a great deal turned out to be a very bad deal she arrived after i had left for work my wife was home she got her straight in the house on our rack system she then texted me at work saying hunny i think she is dead i told her to heat up some towels to cover her with but she was DOA for sure i had my wife email the seller the bad news when i got home from work i went straight into my snake room and picked her up out of the tube she was in and her head flopped over she was still pretty hard so we figure she froze to death during shipping she came in a make shift box with hot hands not 40 hour heat packs she did offer us a baby to replace her but i tried to get her to put it in formal writing and she wouldnt so i started digging and one of my friends found a long thread on here about other people she had dont bad business with and everyone i talked to about it said i should file a claim thru paypal to get my money back while i still could so i did we did get a refund of our money i dont know much about this woman but i will never do business with her again and she has a horible attitude here are the emails from me to the seller and back since the date we started talking i hope this helps someone we are lucky we got our money back

Bullshit I am a scammer say what you want I offered a baby because I felt bad you and your wife cried poor to me. wrong shipping my ass. You fucked me over and you know it. dead snake my ass the ladies at fedex saw her before I put her in thats okay I will be asking them for a letter as soon as I get it I will be posting it where ever Id like. . I wont drop it you didnt deserve that snake. How did sam in pa get 2 snakes where it was colder and their alive but you 1 state away where its a hell of alot warmer dies. But in your email she was alive upon delivery and died later that day but to paypal you said she was dead when she got there???? your a fucking liar and you know it. Dont bother responding your a dead beat. I offered you a baby when hatched because your wife was saying how broke you are. I didnt have to do that. Thats okay I will let everyone know your scam in ur email you said your last snake was dead also a pastel u got from someone else. Kinda fishy only you keeps getting dead snakes. And for your info on fauna sam and I have worked out our differences you can say what bullshit you want. What me and my partner have done go fuck yourself you dont even know what the hell your talking about. Nor do you know us. Thats okay you will still be raising shit morphs because you'll never afford the highend ones. We will see what happens.

> Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 17:15:21 -0800
> From: obailey8586@charter.net
> To: thereptilegarage@hotmail.com
> Subject: RE: morphs
>
> just to let you know i talked to serveral people including ones you scamed dont bother threatening me i sent paypal every email you sent meand i sent you and the pics i sent you and if you didnt think it was dead why were you offering to send me a snake every one i talked to and showed her to said she died due to improper shipping you didnt package her correctly some said she might have been deid when you shipped her just drop it and leave it alone everyone on fauna has said your a scammer and i told you the honest truth if you would have put that u would replace her in a written form i would have accepted it but you dodged it and i started to dig around about you i found alot of people you have ripped off and i also sent paypal the thread address that talks about what you and your partner have done in the past just drop it it was nothing personal i have to look out for me and my bussiness all the people i talked to said i should put a claim in before the time was up with paypal and dont get smart with me over it i have yet to say anything on fauna or any other place about our bad deal i didnt feel like i should be mean to you ive tried to be a nice person about this
> ---- Reptile Garage <thereptilegarage@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I see you lied to paypal to get money that was not yours, you stole a snake plain and simple. I will posting Im a scammer give me a break there was no guarantee and you know it I said I felt bad for you and would give you a baby that was the deal. Thats okay this isnt over I will be posting to every reptile thread about you. You can guarantee that and I have shown several people the pictures you sent and emails. and everyone of them said its not dead it was only in transit less than 17 hrs.
> >
> > > Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:34:06 -0800
> > > From: obailey8586@charter.net
> > > To: thereptilegarage@hotmail.com
> > > Subject: RE: morphs
> > >
> > > my wife and i love spiders and yeah come tax time i am either going to get a adult morph female just depends on how much i get back in tax returns i want a adult black pastel female or cinny so i can make pewters but i have a butter male that ive got to find something to pair him up with
> > > ---- Reptile Garage <thereptilegarage@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > alls you will get are all normals babies het to pastel. I paired my lemon pastel w mojave to make pastaves, pin to normal for pin and norm babies, spider to albino, axanthic to a albino makes double het for snows, spider to a normal and i just bought a big pastel putting the spider to her that make s bumble bees we will see what takes and what babies we will get
> > > >
> > > > > Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 12:53:12 -0800
> > > > > From: obailey8586@charter.net
> > > > > To: thereptilegarage@hotmail.com
> > > > > Subject: RE: morphs
> > > > >
> > > > > o im sorry if i offended you and i was just saying that if it was worth more then we paid not saying you had to send a more expencive one was just saying that we would cover shipping so you wouldnt be out any money at all i just wouldnt feel right sorry im not very good at putting what i think into words and depending on what you have hatch we might also buy another from you when they do what did you pair up o and i had a cool thing happen i put a dink pastel male i have with one of my normal breeder females and they locked up on and off for 4 days lol they went at it like rabits im hoping he proves out genetic he basicly is a pastel that hasnt lost his bright yellow and he is a 08
> > > > > ---- Reptile Garage <thereptilegarage@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I always keep my word but like I said I wont know what babies i'll have till they hatch, they havent even laid yet like i said. Once they lay i'll let you know who and what and how many eggs i have and i'll ship it but what you paid only comes to half or less of what the value of the babies i'll have they will all be 500-900 dollar babies. and some more. So please dont get greedy I gave you a killer deal. I dont even have to replace it Im doing it because I feel bad for you. It was shipped properly
> > > > > >
> > > > > > > Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 19:43:51 -0800
> > > > > > > From: obailey8586@charter.net
> > > > > > > To: thereptilegarage@hotmail.com
> > > > > > > Subject: RE: morphs
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > o i talked to my wife when it comes to the replacment ball python if it is a higher value then what we paid we will cover any shipping costs and i hope we still have your word on it my wife has been worried about it
> > > > > > > ---- Reptile Garage <thereptilegarage@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > yes got them late lastnight I'll enclose a picture w this email thanks for giving her a name she was well worth it I'll keep in touch and talk to you soon she is the one on the left. Have a good new year
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 20:05:15 -0800
> > > > > > > > > From: obailey8586@charter.net
> > > > > > > > > To: thereptilegarage@hotmail.com
> > > > > > > > > Subject: RE: morphs
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > hey did you get the pics of her? laura and i felt so bad about even taking them i had to put her body in the freezer she was starting to put off a bad odder ill bury her tommarrow after i get off work laura and i are still upset over this i felt so bad i had my wife print one of are record sheets for her laura created a redisigned version for unhealthy arrivals and i told her we couldnt bury her without a name so we named her cypris witch was another name for the greek goddess of love and beauty i felt it was a good fit for her because she was such a gorgous animal ii hope you dont take offence to this but we keep records of anything to do with our ball pythons because we are trying to become breeders if you would be kind enough to put in writing that you are going to replace her with a baby this coming year it will be put into are records and if you have a picture of her while she was alive could you send that to us i dont want to put one of the pics we took in our photo book they will only be in our record book but thank you so much for being a honest and good person hard to find ppl like you to deal with most ppl just want to rip others off we will definantly do bussiness with you again and we hope you have a safe and easy move you are more then welcome to call text or email anytime you will have to read from bottom to top that how my email saves them
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > ---- Reptile Garage <thereptilegarage@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > I dont now how she was insulated, had 6 heat packs and wrapped in a towel over her snake bag, i sent one to pa and he is fine and it was 18 degrees there. I hope she comes around she was my favorite.
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 09:40:01 -0800
> > > > > > > > > > > From: obailey8586@charter.net
> > > > > > > > > > > To: thereptilegarage@hotmail.com
> > > > > > > > > > > Subject: RE: morphs
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > Hey, we recieved her at 10:20. She looked really cold almost frozen so i immediately put her in her tub on the heat. She's been on there since and the warmer she gets the more limp she gets. I'm thinking she's dead.
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > ---- Reptile Garage <thereptilegarage@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > hi Fank shes on her way found out you cant insure live animals due to the weather so heres the tracking fedex 796606510211 she is to arrive by 10:30 am
> > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 20:51:59 -0800
> > > > > > > > > > > > > From: obailey8586@charter.net
> > > > > > > > > > > > > To: thereptilegarage@hotmail.com
> > > > > > > > > > > > > Subject: RE: morphs
> > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > ok thanks
> > > > > > > > > > > > > ---- Reptile Garage <thereptilegarage@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > she'll go out wed be there thursday i'll do by 10:30 am someone will have to be there to sign for her.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 20:38:31 -0800
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > From: obailey8586@charter.net
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > To: thereptilegarage@hotmail.com
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Subject: RE: morphs
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > my name is Frank Bailey , my address is 320 william freeman way, duncan sc, zip is 29334
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---- Reptile Garage <thereptilegarage@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I just checked got it I need your name and address for shipping
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 20:29:49 -0800
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > From: obailey8586@charter.net
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > To: thereptilegarage@hotmail.com
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Subject: RE: morphs
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > money is sent now
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---- Reptile Garage <thereptilegarage@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > just picked up insulated packs at the local pet shop they save theirs for me when they get orders in. i use heat packs like you use for hunting and wrap a towel over the snake bag when packed it helps with keeping them warm a trick an old timer taught me, i have shipped many and never have a prob your south so its not like it 10 below like up north Yeah to be honest i was getting annoyed was about to tell ya forget it she is one of my favorites thats why i still have her really dont care if she sells or not. You wont get a female like her for 250 anywhere i know it. If I wasnt moving none of my reptiles would be for sale.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 23:13:59 -0500
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > From: obailey8586@charter.net
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > To: thereptilegarage@hotmail.com
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Subject: RE: morphs
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > my wife and i want her just i had a recent bad incident with shipping i got a almost dead male pastel because he wasnt packed good enough thats what is eatting at me u do use insolated boxes and heat packs correct if you do this is our last question we will send money thru paypal after reply and im sorry for so many questions i know we have probly pissed you off
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---- Reptile Garage <thereptilegarage@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > shes an 09 she eats weekly 2-5 prekilled mice
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 18:01:48 -0800
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > From: obailey8586@charter.net
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > To: thereptilegarage@hotmail.com
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Subject: RE: morphs
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ok my wife and i would like some back info on her if you dont mind what does she eat and has she gone off feed for periods of time or is she a constant feeder and when was she born thanks
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---- Reptile Garage <thereptilegarage@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > 45 for shipping
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 20:01:24 -0500
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > From: obailey8586@charter.net
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > To: thereptilegarage@hotmail.com
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Subject: RE: morphs
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > so how much total will she be shipped to my house my zip code is 29334
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---- Reptile Garage <thereptilegarage@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > debbiejo702001@yahoo.com
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 21:26:31 -0800
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > From: obailey8586@charter.net
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > To: thereptilegarage@hotmail.com
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Subject: RE: morphs
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > o and send me your paypal info ive got to get to bed got work early tommarrow i get off at 3 pm ill have my wife check my email thru the day now if you can ship tommarrow ill pay when i get up in the morning just let me know what day ur going to be able to ship
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---- Reptile Garage <thereptilegarage@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > this week depends on when you pay for her im heading to town twice this week
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 21:07:20 -0800
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > From: obailey8586@charter.net
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > To: thereptilegarage@hotmail.com
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Subject: RE: morphs
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ok well when could you ship her i live in south carolina
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---- Reptile Garage <thereptilegarage@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > no you gotta pay shipping
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 20:22:35 -0800
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > From: obailey8586@charter.net
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > To: thereptilegarage@hotmail.com
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Subject: Re: morphs
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > yeah i am too is she 250 shipped
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---- Reptile Garage <thereptilegarage@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > yes i have them still got a guy wanting female spider

and here are pictures of the spider when i got home that evening

laterob
01-13-2011, 09:26 PM
OMG! Try to edit out the language before you get yourself infractioned to death! And PLEASE use punctuation :o

frankb
01-13-2011, 09:27 PM
more pics and a pic of the make shift box

frankb
01-13-2011, 09:32 PM
it wont let me edit this thread at all or i would i forgot she cursed in it

laterob
01-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Don't sweat it too much, Frank.....I think MOST people reading this won't have to look past the first couple lines of what Reptile Garage said before they decide to put them on their "Do not ever buy/sell/converse with" list.

frankb
01-13-2011, 09:37 PM
thanks and i am sorry about the bad language this is what ive delt with the past few days i just dont want anyone else getting ripped off

Lucille
01-13-2011, 09:43 PM
ok my wife and i are starting a ball python breeding business my wife was home she got her straight in the house on our rack system she then texted me at work saying hunny i think she is dead i told her to heat up some towels to cover her with but she was DOA for sure i had my wife email the seller the bad news when i got home from work i went straight into my snake room and picked her up out of the tube she was in

Frank

If you want a breeding business you have got to quarantine your new arrivals away from your collection. If you want your husbandry and business practices to be taken seriously, you have to give some thought to how you are taking care of the critters.

laterob
01-13-2011, 09:44 PM
alls you will get are all normals babies het to pastel

Het pastels? Am I reading that right?:rofl:

frankb
01-13-2011, 09:49 PM
yeah she said that i would get het pastels from breedding my pastel male to a normal female and the dead snake was in a staralite tub on my heat rack just to clarify that the towels were to be put in the tub my wife checked on here every 5 to ten mins but she was doa

Willow
01-13-2011, 09:55 PM
Umm...There are no such things as het pastels...pastels are co dom...you cant make hets = /

Amelanistic Orca
01-13-2011, 09:56 PM
6 heat packs?? Omfg!!

laterob
01-13-2011, 09:56 PM
Frank: If you're going to be serious about this, do your research. Check multiple sources. Learn about genetics a little bit. There's no such thing as a 'het pastel' in the sense of carrying the gene but not displaying it....it's not a recessive gene.

So, if you pair a pastel and a normal, 50% of the babies should be normals and 50% should be pastels, but YMMV.

laterob
01-13-2011, 09:58 PM
Willow beat me to it. Grr. Those heat packs are supposed to be from a pet store after they were used? They're not 40-hour (normal) heat packs for sure.....what are they? They seem like the things you put in your mittens, but I can't really tell.

frankb
01-13-2011, 10:01 PM
thank you luclle for your not so kind words and yes i will be putting any future reptiles in a qurantine atmosphere from now on this dealing was a big eye opener on alot of things

frankb
01-13-2011, 10:03 PM
ok read it again bro i know there arent she said that i would get het pastels not me i know that pastel is a codom i have 3 2 males and a female i know when you cross a spider to a pastel you get a bumblebee witch is a codom/dom i do know alittle about bp genetics and they were hot hands not 40 hour heat packs like they should have been

Matt2979
01-13-2011, 10:09 PM
thank you luclle for your not so kind words and yes i will be putting any future reptiles in a qurantine atmosphere from now on this dealing was a big eye opener on alot of things

Easy Killer. I realize that your upset right now, but she's giving you some of the best advice you'll ever get. By putting a new snake in your snake room, you could contaminate your entire collection. Considering it was dead and (unless you took it to the vet for a necropsy) you have no clue what killed it, think about what you could have passed to your healthy snakes.

frankb
01-13-2011, 10:11 PM
i understand that and im sorry if i offended anyone and yes you are right i have learned from this and in the future i will be putting all my new purchases in quarantine

Matt2979
01-13-2011, 10:15 PM
i understand that and im sorry if i offended anyone and yes you are right i have learned from this and in the future i will be putting all my new purchases in quarantine

As long as you never stop learning, and use what you learn, you'll be alright.

Now, does Reptile Garage know about this thread?? I sure would like to hear their side of this and why they offer no live-arrival guarantee. I saw someone advertising a snake the other day saying that it was too cold to guarantee live-arrival. If it's too cold, do NOT ship the poor animal!!!

frankb
01-13-2011, 10:18 PM
i havent talked to her since she sent me that last email cursing my wife and i out for everything we are worth she has another thread against her on here and when i read it that is what made my final decision to file with paypal

sagespyder@yahoo.com
01-13-2011, 10:19 PM
OMG she used hand warmers to heat up the box for shipping?! I don't ship in the winter or order animals after about thanksgiving if i can help it to avoid all of that. I don't want to have any DOAs either way, coming or going and even if i did i know better than to use hand warmers to ship anything in.

Even on state over i got dragons before thanksgiving in the south, i am in ga and it came from la, and it still had a 40 hour heat pack. She thought that would be enough, bloody hand warmers?

I really hope everything comes out well on your end with paypal. From the way she was acting I don't think she would be willing to give you a refund right out and the only wayt o get one is through paypal.

Sorry about Witch.

frankb
01-13-2011, 10:23 PM
paypal did side with us today on it and gave us a refund right after is when we got the bad emails im not mad at anyone i did express concern to her about shipping everything yall have read is the same as what paypal looked over

Matt2979
01-13-2011, 10:23 PM
i havent talked to her since she sent me that last email cursing my wife and i out for everything we are worth she has another thread against her on here and when i read it that is what made my final decision to file with paypal

You should really make her/them aware of this thread so they have the chance to share their side of the story.

As for Paypal, good luck, but I don't think you'll get anywhere with them because you did receive a shipment and that's all they care about (from what I've seen). Now, if you used a credit card via Paypal, you probably have a better shot to go through the CC company.

Matt2979
01-13-2011, 10:25 PM
Oh, I stand corrected. Good for you (on getting Paypal reversed).

laterob
01-13-2011, 10:25 PM
Ryoko, Matt...I think he ALREADY got the money refunded.

frankb
01-13-2011, 10:26 PM
i will not let her know because ive cut off all contact with her

frankb
01-13-2011, 10:29 PM
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210317 link to the other thread about the woman this is what made me file with paypal

frankb
01-13-2011, 10:30 PM
she did threaten to take me to court over this thats why ive stopped contact

TailsWithScales
01-13-2011, 10:32 PM
Are the pictures of the snake from when it was unpacked or after you attempted to warm it????

Have you made the seller aware of this thread???

frankb
01-13-2011, 10:35 PM
they are from when i got home that evening they were from after it thawed out from being on the heat tape

geckos-by-pam
01-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Wow Reptile Garage is on the top of my do not buy from EVER list! I also believe this is the second time recently I've seen something about a dominant trait trying to be passed off as recessive. I guess this is the current scammer trend to move normals het for nothing quick! I also would of had bells go off in my head LOUDLY when she mentioned heat packs that the hunters use. It is so irresponsible in my mind for someone to ship out a life if there is even a chance of the temps being too cold! They are living creatures not just dollar signs!

frankb
01-13-2011, 10:40 PM
she didnt mention the hand warmers till my wife unpacked her and texted me a pic of the box she told us she knew alot of old timer tricks for cold weather shipping and i took her at her word

geckos-by-pam
01-13-2011, 10:44 PM
just picked up insulated packs at the local pet shop they save theirs for me when they get orders in. i use heat packs like you use for hunting and wrap a towel over the snake bag when packed it helps with keeping them warm a trick an old timer taught me,

Wasn't this before the snake was shipped?

laterob
01-13-2011, 10:47 PM
Aren't those heat packs single-use?

frankb
01-13-2011, 10:48 PM
at that time i didnt think it was hand warmers it didnt hit me till my wife texted me they were hand warmer im not a hunter i didnt know what all 40 hour heat packs were used for

frankb
01-13-2011, 10:53 PM
we did end up talking to people about it and doing research on it to see if they were useable in shipping which every person we talked to said no and so did all the sites

laterob
01-13-2011, 10:55 PM
Well.....especially if they were already used. What did the seller do...reheat them in her oven?

frankb
01-13-2011, 10:55 PM
yeah from what i understand they are single use if ur talking about hand warmers they only last about 6 hours if ur lucky and dont provide enough heat if ur talking about 40 heat packs they are single use as well

laterob
01-13-2011, 10:57 PM
they save theirs for me when they get orders in
This means they are USED already!

frankb
01-13-2011, 11:04 PM
wow ur right i didnt even notice that

Taking Up Serpents
01-13-2011, 11:05 PM
I used some today at work. The hand and toe warmers last about 6 hrs.

frankb
01-13-2011, 11:09 PM
yeah i read they only last about 6 hours and the spider was in transit for around 17 hours thats roughly 11 hours without any heat so we figure she was dead long before she got to us

frankb
01-13-2011, 11:17 PM
the bad thing is it was so hard to come home and for sure know she was dead she would have been my first subadult morph female i have mostly male morphs i have one baby female morph and a het for albino baby female all my subadult and adult females are normals if this deal would have turned out good the woman would be happy i would be happy but it turned out bad and she got very mean i still want a female spider very badly

Gecko_Den
01-14-2011, 06:38 AM
This means they are USED already!

I'm pretty sure she was referring to insulated boxes, not heat packs when she made that post. :rolleyes:

just picked up insulated packs at the local pet shop they save theirs for me when they get orders in.

Lucille
01-14-2011, 07:11 AM
but it turned out bad
It looks like it did. As bad as any deal gets, the other party should be afforded the opportunity to say something; you should let them know about this thread.

hhmoore
01-14-2011, 07:31 AM
I'm going to throw out a couple comments that a lot of people are going to dislike.

- The box, while not aesthetically pleasing, is probably as effective as "the standard" (meaning the loosely fit, single layer, thin styrofoam in a Superior Enterprises box). Yes, there are broken to fit pieces in the outside layer of the one side, but it is double insulated and at least a decent fit. Of course, we can't see the one side because the towel is draped over it...but unless that one side is a total mess, the box would still be functional.
I would never send a box like that, mind you...and I can understand the initial displeasure at seeing it (because I've received worse).

- There's a lot of outrage over the choice of heat packs. I can't comment on the choice without knowing the temperatures involved, but not every shipping situation requires a 40 hour heat pack. I have used 24 hr hand warmers in shipments, and I have received several shipments with smaller ones (all but one of which arrived warm and healthy, and I suspect that one was sick when it was sent). That said, 6 of them in a box that size, with the snake laying on them (towel, or no), is inappropriate...and likely what killed the snake - especially if it was starting to smell by afternoon.

To the OP:
Just curious, did you actually file a claim with PayPal, or did you dispute with your credit card? I ask because I don't think I've ever heard of PayPal giving a refund for a dead animal.

Lucille
01-14-2011, 07:39 AM
I'm going to throw out a couple comments that a lot of people are going to dislike.

I like them. I think that people should put their observations here; the problem with deals gone bad is that there are always at least two sides to every story.

I'm not saying that I disagree here with one side or another, I'm saying that we should respect others observations (like Harald's) and that RG should be afforded the opportunity to say their say. Once all that is done, people get to make up their own minds, but it isn't done yet.

Focal
01-14-2011, 07:57 AM
This is rather upsetting. I was really interested in a BP they had for sale but now I can't seem to find their ad. I don't live all that far away and wouldn't ship, but that kind of talk is just uncalled for.

Focal
01-14-2011, 07:58 AM
Are they selling under another name too? I swear they had an 08ish female albino that I've been looking at all week.

hhmoore
01-14-2011, 08:24 AM
The ad you are referring to was deleted a few days ago - marked sold (after some controversy developed).

I haven't seen any evidence of them selling under another name...but there is that nagging bit of knowledge that we had an account registered here in '09, with the name reptilegarage. It was one of a few accounts banned in a series of attempts to bypass a ban of superendreptiles. There's probably no connection, but if there is it opens up other possibilities...because superendreptiles used some of the same stolen photos as a couple of scammers in Mass, back in 07. I bet if we really tried, we could connect a lot of dots...kind of like with 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon...but barring any proof, I'm going back to my original answer - no evidence of them selling under another name.

reptile garage
01-14-2011, 09:04 AM
Frank post whatever bull shit youd like all the snakes i was rehoming are rehomed, so enjoy your day fauna is just a bunch of people w nothing better to do w there time than bitch about everyone else. You have scammed 2 people through paypal thats the facts. I have better things to do than to keep reposting on this bullshit thread. So you all enjoy your bitching about info you do not know all the facts about. Funny how all the rest are fine from missouri to pa to florida and 2 came to my home and saw how well my snakes are kept. last time i'll ever come on this bullshit site flag me do whatever you'd like. You wanted her shipped she was shipped right plain and simple. Have a lovely day and you keep pointing out about my partner over and over again jealous maybe?Lmao you all enjoy your bullshit conversations

Matt2979
01-14-2011, 09:11 AM
Seriously Jodi??? Did you bother to read any of the posts in this thread? If you did, you should have seen MANY posts asking if you had been notified so that we could hear your side of the story before we could make up our minds as to what actually happened. If your last post is all you have to say the I guess you just made our decision pretty easy. Unbelievable!

Focal
01-14-2011, 09:28 AM
Frank post whatever bull shit youd like all the snakes i was rehoming are rehomed, so enjoy your day fauna is just a bunch of people w nothing better to do w there time than bitch about everyone else. You have scammed 2 people through paypal thats the facts. I have better things to do than to keep reposting on this bullshit thread. So you all enjoy your bitching about info you do not know all the facts about. Funny how all the rest are fine from missouri to pa to florida and 2 came to my home and saw how well my snakes are kept. last time i'll ever come on this bullshit site flag me do whatever you'd like. You wanted her shipped she was shipped right plain and simple. Have a lovely day and you keep pointing out about my partner over and over again jealous maybe?Lmao you all enjoy your bullshit conversations

:thumbsup:

Lucille
01-14-2011, 09:38 AM
If your last post is all you have to say the I guess you just made our decision pretty easy.

Agreed.

I wanted them to be able to come forward and speak; in the interests of justice and fair play. I guess they did.:shootfoot

Here's another thread:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210317&highlight=reptile+garage

Steveboos
01-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Wow very unprofessional of Reptile Garage. I also was hoping to see her come on here and help the situation out and clear her name, but she did the opposite and only made it worse for her business.

Remember without a good reputation, your nothing in the reptile world, or any business world for that matter.

texasrock
01-14-2011, 11:35 AM
WOW. Even if I were in the wrong, I'd at least want to try and give my side of the story. Like several people have already said, I guess they have given their reponse.

frank - sorry for your loss and I do hope you find a spider for your collection.

Keys & Kritterz
01-14-2011, 12:20 PM
You have scammed 2 people through paypal thats the facts.

If he scammed you, then the snake would still be alive. Why would someone spend money to get a snake, only planning to kill it when it arrives? Also would he take the time to reply to this thread or even make this thread? Your a real piece of work and just a disgusting human being, and that goes for you and your partner. You knowingly abused that animal or put that animal in harms way by shipping with hand warmers. Hand warmers? are you :censored: me?

deobra2869
01-14-2011, 04:02 PM
this is very sad :( poor snake. Im sorry for the loss frank

deobra2869
01-14-2011, 04:03 PM
I almost bought a snake from them too....... its a good thing I didnt

JColt
01-14-2011, 04:32 PM
paypal did side with us today on it and gave us a refund right after is when we got the bad emails im not mad at anyone i did express concern to her about shipping everything yall have read is the same as what paypal looked over

Awesome that you got your money back. RG on my dnbf list

Matt2979
01-14-2011, 04:43 PM
Frank, I'm glad that you brought this to the attention of the BOI so that others can see what they will be dealing with, should they have thoughts of doing business with Reptile Garage. If you choose to become a contributing member of Fauna, please don't forget to leave a trader rating for this...person, too! :thumbsup:

frankb
01-14-2011, 04:50 PM
im glad i could bring this to peoples attention as well even with getting an infraction for it and again i am sorry i didnt bleep out the cursing i just hope ive made some people rethink buying from reptile garage

bakew13
01-14-2011, 04:59 PM
im glad i could bring this to peoples attention as well even with getting an infraction for it and again i am sorry i didnt bleep out the cursing i just hope ive made some people rethink buying from reptile garage

:thumbsup: That has certainly been accomplished! By not even responding to the accusations and her lack of maturity in several of those emails I highly doubt Reptile Garage will get any business from anyone who reads this thread.

Customer service can make or break you in the reptile business, and they clearly have none.

Keys & Kritterz
01-14-2011, 05:07 PM

So you get an infraction for her cursing? Thats rediculous, there words. Now a threat I guess I can see that. Im hoping one of the mods has banned her? I know the cursing is because of young eyes but a 14 year old has a worth mouth then prolly any1 on here.

Keys & Kritterz
01-14-2011, 05:08 PM
worse*

frankb
01-14-2011, 05:15 PM
i can honestly say she was a very beautiful animal and i wish this would have gone good not bad and i will find a female spider to add to my wife and i's collection i made mistakes thru this event but im learning from them and thats all i can do

frankb
01-14-2011, 05:18 PM
well i can say the infraction was a just one i did post a thread with cursing in it even though it wasnt me doing the cursing i accept it and the person who gave it to me did give a very valid reason for the infraction

Adam87
02-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Im sorry to hear about what happend Frank, and im also sorry to say i know this couple personaly. They are thieves and just flat out low down bad people. They opend a pet store in our local mall it was called PJs Pets, go ahead and google PJs Pets chautauqua mall and see what you find. I can tell you it will be a list of people just as happy as you are with these two. You see one day i walked into our mall and see this little craft shop advertising they were converting into a pet store, I was STOKED. I went in and talked to Jodi and Elizabeth (Peanut), they seemed cool and defffinalty eiger to sell some animals. I was super happy because i breed all kinds of kings, corns and a few ball pythons. Things worked ok for a while until she opend a new bigger store and realy started putting the screws to peolpe. Selling non eating, tic infested undersized animals!! the whole opperation was a joke. I stayed around, tried to help and told peanut when an animal didnt look good or somthing was wrong and nothing was hardley ever done. Finaly I had had enough and kind of drifted away from the store and its owners. I get a call a few monthes later from a good friend saying they sold everything in the store for a dollar and shut the doors. I called peanut and she informed me they were moving to NC weres theres a better market and room to expand the business HAHAHA. I knew that all the :censored: off customers and bad business had caught up the them, thier excuse was that they were robbed by employees and the mall was fighting them and blah blah blah blah blah. Yes jodi did get realy sick and was hospitalized for a couple weeks but c'mon, you guys had something good and you flat out shot it square between the eyes. I can see nothing has changed and now your loosing any chance of ever selling another animal. I told you before and i tell you again, WORD TRAVELS FAST IN THIS BUSINESS!! STAIGHTEN UP:D STOP TRYING TO SCREW PEOPLE FOR THIER HARD EARNED MONEY. Once again Frank Im super sorry to hear about you dealings with these two I wish I could of stopped it before it happend. O YEAH!! I almost forgot to tell you peanut i heard that your beloved little tattoo shop you always got your work done at got sighted for unclean equiptment sooo maybe you should get yourself checked out. Have a good day everybody and happ herping!!!!! Sincereley Adam price

Adam87
02-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Im sorry to hear about what happend Frank, and im also sorry to say i know this couple personaly. They are thieves and just flat out low down bad people. They opend a pet store in our local mall it was called PJs Pets, go ahead and google PJs Pets chautauqua mall and see what you find. I can tell you it will be a list of people just as happy as you are with these two. You see one day i walked into our mall and see this little craft shop advertising they were converting into a pet store, I was STOKED. I went in and talked to Jodi and Elizabeth (Peanut), they seemed cool and defffinalty eiger to sell some animals. I was super happy because i breed all kinds of kings, corns and a few ball pythons. Things worked ok for a while until she opend a new bigger store and realy started putting the screws to peolpe. Selling non eating, tic infested undersized animals!! the whole opperation was a joke. I stayed around, tried to help and told peanut when an animal didnt look good or somthing was wrong and nothing was hardley ever done. Finaly I had had enough and kind of drifted away from the store and its owners. I get a call a few monthes later from a good friend saying they sold everything in the store for a dollar and shut the doors. I called peanut and she informed me they were moving to NC weres theres a better market and room to expand the business HAHAHA. I knew that all the :censored: off customers and bad business had caught up the them, thier excuse was that they were robbed by employees and the mall was fighting them and blah blah blah blah blah. Yes jodi did get realy sick and was hospitalized for a couple weeks but c'mon, you guys had something good and you flat out shot it square between the eyes. I can see nothing has changed and now your loosing any chance of ever selling another animal. I told you before and i tell you again, WORD TRAVELS FAST IN THIS BUSINESS!! STAIGHTEN UP:D STOP TRYING TO SCREW PEOPLE FOR THIER HARD EARNED MONEY. Once again Frank Im super sorry to hear about you dealings with these two I wish I could of stopped it before it happend. O YEAH!! I almost forgot to tell you peanut i heard that your beloved little tattoo shop you always got your work done at got sighted for unclean equiptment sooo maybe you should get yourself checked out. Have a good day everybody and happ herping!!!!! Sincereley Adam price

frankb
02-09-2011, 03:32 PM
thanks for the info adam i heard from others that delt with them and we got our money back thru paypal and im now smarter when it comes to dealing with ppl and im about to get a spider female finally from a good breeder

krieg222
02-09-2011, 05:54 PM
hand warmers instead of heat packs is totally irresposible

drizzt08
02-09-2011, 11:25 PM
I agree that hand warmers are not the right thing to use in weather as cold what is around right now but i too have used the 24 hr hand warmers and so far they have worked great and i have not had any DOA animals that I sent or that I have received. Im like alot of other people on here and work really hard to maintain great customer service and to do things the right way. I cant believe that someone would ship when its 18 degrees. I at least wait till it is around 45-50 before I even think about shipping anything. Im glad you got your money back but i hate that you had to loose a really nice animal in the process. But like a few have said word travels fast in the hobby/business.

timebider
02-10-2011, 10:28 AM
she did threaten to take me to court over this thats why ive stopped contact

She threatened to take you to court over $300 (or thereabouts)? And say what? "He took his money back because the snake I sold him arrived dead after I failed to package it correctly."

I wouldn't take this threat seriously at all. :rolleyes:

Matt2979
02-10-2011, 10:39 AM
I agree that hand warmers are not the right thing to use in weather as cold what is around right now but i too have used the 24 hr hand warmers and so far they have worked great and i have not had any DOA animals that I sent or that I have received. Im like alot of other people on here and work really hard to maintain great customer service and to do things the right way. I cant believe that someone would ship when its 18 degrees. I at least wait till it is around 45-50 before I even think about shipping anything. Im glad you got your money back but i hate that you had to loose a really nice animal in the process. But like a few have said word travels fast in the hobby/business.

Do you know how hot the hand-warmers get? I'm not sure (hence my question), but the 48-hour packs are made specifically for this purpose. Also keep in mind that carriers do have delays and 24 hours may not be long enough to supply the heat needed. I've had Fed Ex run late on 3 separate occasions by a solid 24 hours. Had I not packed the way I did, all of those would most likely have been DOA. Not trying to jump on you, just giving you some food for thought.