PDA

View Full Version : Inquiry The Texas Herp Community

KelliH
01-23-2011, 12:34 PM
I am bringing this over from another thread. I hope it is allowed to stay here, because I feel it is very important to the entire herp community.

In this post- http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1191962&postcount=1092

Jen Harrison makes a statement that There are people known to have viruses/diseases in their collections that are still selling at shows in Texas, and the Texas herp community does nothing but sweep it under the rug and pretend it doesn't exist, so that it doesn't create a bias against them for being at the same show with potentially infected snakes, and thus hurt their businesses.

I replied with this post-
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214444&page=28

and stated Oh give me a break, Jen! Name one person that is known to have a disease in their collection and is selling at a Texas herp show. If you are referring to Damian Wyatt, like I have already told you, I vend at just about all of the Texas shows, and have for over 10 years now. I have not seen Wyatt at a show in at least 6 years, so let's see if you have the balls to name names of these supposed people. I've been a part of the Texas herp community for a long, long time; we are a tight community, and I don't take kindly to you making broad generalizations about us and making vague accusations!

Jen offered to email me the names, but I thought it might be better to start a new thread so that everything stays out in the open.

Tim Cole
01-23-2011, 01:02 PM
That is quite the statement from Jen and I hope she will be forthcoming with her accusations.

I belong to all of the Texas Herp forums (as far as I know) and all but one of them has publicly acknowledged the issues with Ashley. The one that has not made a public statement to inform their members is not allowing her to run any more ads.

Being a show promoter, I am very diligent about running a clean show and doing all I can to ensure the safety of our animals. I have never heard any complaints from any other Texas Shows concerning vendors wilt health issues in their collection. I've been in the Texas Herp community since 1985.

Anyone that knows me will tell you that I would not take an issue like this and "sweep it under the rug".

Thanks Kelli for starting this thread.

Pink Lady Exotics
01-23-2011, 01:35 PM
Tim, I replied to your PM. Feel free to post my response if you like, as it will at least provide more details on why I made the statement that I did. As for the e-mails to back up what I explained in that PM, I would have to sort through about 23-25 pages of e-mails in my Virus folder, so that is something I will have to do at a later time. The Packers' NFC Championship game starts in a little over an hour and I still have to start making lunch for us.

Lynn
01-24-2011, 11:42 AM
HOPE YOU POST THIS LIST JEN....ASAP

NVENOM8
01-24-2011, 12:24 PM
Hey Kelli,thanks for bringing this to my/everyones attention.I've lived in Texas on and off since I was a teen and now live here permanently.Funny thing is out of all the collections I've seen in my life the nicest are in Texas(especially the Hot collections).In fact I cant recall ever seeing a sick animal in someones house or the shows.And on top of that I became a permanent resident of Texas specifically for the Texas reptile community and laws.

KelliH
01-25-2011, 05:22 PM
According to Jen, she is too busy to back up these claims she posted about one of the most active herp communities in the country. The pm she sent Tim (it was ok for him to forward it to me since she gave him permission to post it in this thread) is full of second and third party information and claims. It's not fit to post here because of that. I can tell you that this statement she made
There are people known to have viruses/diseases in their collections that are still selling at shows in Texas, and the Texas herp community does nothing but sweep it under the rug and pretend it doesn't exist, so that it doesn't create a bias against them for being at the same show with potentially infected snakes, and thus hurt their businesses.

is not true. I am friends with all of the Texas show promoters (with the exception of the Repticon promoters) and none of them would knowingly allow a vendor to vend if there were legitimate complaints ie. true about disease in that vendor's collection.

Amelanistic Orca
01-25-2011, 05:56 PM
I would definitely not appreciate a comment like that generalizing all Arizona breeder's/keeper's.. I don't believe the action's of one clown to condemn an entire state; I gotta lotta good bud's in the Bighorn State and they keep some tip top collection's.. Thank you very little!!

chongorojo
01-26-2011, 10:26 AM
No kidding huh Tom! That stinks that anyone would even toss around acusations like that without SOME kind of proof. Nice post Kelli!

TripleMoonsExotic
01-26-2011, 01:00 PM
Hasn't it been posted somewhere that Wyatt (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105621) is still attending the Texas show circuit? Or does this individual not count?

TripleMoonsExotic
01-26-2011, 01:07 PM
Hasn't it been posted somewhere that Wyatt (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105621) is still attending the Texas show circuit? Or does this individual not count?

Yes, here we go...

Well I just came across this and am pretty glad I did. I brought 3 snakes from him at a expo the year defore last and as soon as they shed the infection showed up(he had about 30 females he was selling). I lost them and two more. I had taken them to the vet and spent lots of money but with no luck. But lucky for me I had separated them when the signs showed up. He was at an expo about 4 months ago and his collection had dropped, don't know if he sold or they had died. I just hope that this doesn't spread it is very bad and when I see him again I can now confront him. Thanks for the info!

LINK (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1186696&postcount=27)

deborahbroadus
01-26-2011, 01:08 PM

Kelli's first post
Oh give me a break, Jen! Name one person that is known to have a disease in their collection and is selling at a Texas herp show. If you are referring to Damian Wyatt, like I have already told you, I vend at just about all of the Texas shows, and have for over 10 years now. I have not seen Wyatt at a show in at least 6 years, so let's see if you have the balls to name names of these supposed people. I've been a part of the Texas herp community for a long, long time; we are a tight community, and I don't take kindly to you making broad generalizations about us and making vague accusations

TripleMoonsExotic
01-26-2011, 01:13 PM
Kelli's first post

Yes, I read that and provided a post that directly opposes that statement.

deborahbroadus
01-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Yes, I read that and provided a post that directly opposes that statement.

Sorry, I posted just about the same time you submitted your second post. :o

TripleMoonsExotic
01-26-2011, 01:25 PM
Sorry, I posted just about the same time you submitted your second post. :o

No worries. I failed to bold the part where he was selling at a show 4 months ago. :ack2:

Tim Cole
01-26-2011, 02:00 PM
No worries. I failed to bold the part where he was selling at a show 4 months ago. :ack2:

Can you give a link to your information?

Drew Zaun
01-26-2011, 02:09 PM
Can you give a link to your information?

There is a link to the post she quoted under the quote itself.

Tim Cole
01-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Thanks! Not sure how I missed that the first time.

According to that thread, he was last seen selling at an an Expo in December of 2008. How does that equate to 4 months ago?

deborahbroadus
01-26-2011, 02:39 PM

According to that thread, he was last seen selling at an an Expo in December of 2008. How does that equate to 4 months ago?

The word LINK underlined in her post is the one you want....but here it is for easier finding: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1186696&postcount=27

Tim Cole
01-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Where was this show? Was it even in Texas? Are the show promoters aware of this and who he is?

I run the Austin Show and he has never been a vendor here.

Drew Zaun
01-26-2011, 02:49 PM

Here is the post quoted, I am highlighting the relevant part:

Well I just came across this and am pretty glad I did. I brought 3 snakes from him at a expo the year defore last and as soon as they shed the infection showed up(he had about 30 females he was selling). I lost them and two more. I had taken them to the vet and spent lots of money but with no luck. But lucky for me I had separated them when the signs showed up. He was at an expo about 4 months ago and his collection had dropped, don't know if he sold or they had died. I just hope that this doesn't spread it is very bad and when I see him again I can now confront him. Thanks for the info!

The post was written 15JAN2011, so that puts the time of purchase for the poster at ~2009, and then he saw Wyatt again 4 months ago, at an expo.

That post makes it sound as though Wyatt is still active, at least as of 4 months ago, but he doesn't say what expo or where, by his location of Dallas TX I suppose one could assume Texas, however...YMMV

TripleMoonsExotic
01-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Where was this show?

I'm sure someone familiar with the Texas show circuit can pinpoint what shows were in Texas 4 months ago and go from there if the quoted poster does not respond here on the BOI.

Tim Cole
01-26-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm sure someone familiar with the Texas show circuit can pinpoint what shows were in Texas 4 months ago and go from there if the quoted poster does not respond here on the BOI.

I am quite familiar with them and there were several around that time period.

Dallas, San Antonio, and Houston all had shows around that time.

Pink Lady Exotics
01-26-2011, 03:51 PM
This has been answered for me. The above is why I made the statement that I did, as it disgusts me to think he is still active without ANY consequences from anyone else in the community down there. Don't forget, I lived in Texas when we were stationed at Fort Hood. I have met quite a few of you at shows in Austin and Dallas, whether you remember or not. I knew quite a few others in the herp community while I was down there, and honestly based on those people, I can see how some would turn their cheek to someone like Wyatt continuing to sell snakes. Most of the people I met were very self-serving to say the least. BUT, that is my opinion. The fact that another person came forward with NO prompting or contact from me (I had no idea he even existed) and stated that Wyatt continued to vend at expos after multiple people came forward and exposed this virus, then was seen as recently as 4 months ago, really confirmed my feelings on the issue and prompted me to say what I did in regard to Ashley. The other things I mentioned in my PM may be hearsay to some, but based on the well-known and well-respected sources they come from, and the relation to the issue that was at hand at the time, they are more than valid enough for me to have the opinion that I do.

Pink Lady Exotics
01-26-2011, 03:58 PM
Are the show promoters aware of this and who he is?

This was my entire point. Show promotors should be aware of EVERYONE they permit within their doors and expose to the public, even moreso when something as serious as a deadly virus is at risk, and especially when the person responsible for that virus is known to live and sell within that area. As if Damion Wyatt is going to come up to you and say, "Hey guys, I'm the dude that caused 5 other people to lose their collections to a horrific respiratory virus." No, he's going to hide it, be manipulative, and probably vend as a business name or as his wife's name to try to get around it. It is the show organizers' responsibility to do some research on everyone they permit to be a vendor, and verify that they are who they say they are, along with anyone else that vends with them at their booth (a partner, etc).

JoeEllisReptiles
01-26-2011, 04:03 PM
Anyone have any contact info on Wyatt with TW International? He Scammed me out of a few grand a few years back. The Balls I sent him on loan are gone and he has yet to refund me any money for them. I am guess its a good thing I never got them back. Still sucks though.

Joe Ellis

Pink Lady Exotics
01-26-2011, 04:30 PM
Joe, I will PM you. Been doing some research lately and contacting some people who know him, have what I think is his new address and phone number.

JoeEllisReptiles
01-26-2011, 04:33 PM
Thank you. I would also like a list of who has any issues if possible as well.

Joe Ellis

Pink Lady Exotics
01-26-2011, 04:41 PM
Jennifer Harrison -- Madison, WI -- Virus
Dr. Jason Brodnik, DVM -- Northglenn, CO -- Virus
Michael Ogburn -- Heathsville, VA -- Virus
Joe Ellis -- Virginia Beach, VA -- Stolen Animals

Any more discussion specifically related to transactions with Damion Wyatt should be in his thread, as this one is about the Texas herp community, but I would hold off as I will be starting a new one once I finish getting information from Roy, and you should bring it to that one.

However, the list of victims is something Texas show promotors and the Texas herp community need to be aware of, which is why I posted it here.

Pink Lady Exotics
01-26-2011, 04:50 PM
Forgot two, added to the end.

Joe Ellis -- Virginia Beach, VA -- Stolen Animals (through breeding loan)
Tim Bowles -- Unknown -- Virus
Matt Lehrer -- Florida -- Virus (purchased from Tim before it was known about him contracting the virus from Wyatt's animal)

Tim Cole
01-26-2011, 04:53 PM
However, the list of victims is something Texas show promotors and the Texas herp community need to be aware of, which is why I posted it here.

I agree 100%. That's why I am involved with this thread.

But labeling the herpers and shows in Texas as people that do not care about the IBD virus is just wrong!

As anywhere else, you will find people that are concerned and those that are not. I know of other cases that have occurred in other states as well.

Pink Lady Exotics
01-26-2011, 05:02 PM
Tim, this virus isn't IBD. It's a respiratory virus similar, if not related to, paramyxovirus.

The fact that Wyatt is apparently still involved in shows and still selling animals after everyone came forward about the virus, at least twice so far that we know about (based on Roy's post stating when he purchased his animals and when he saw him last), that leads me to believe that the herp community in Texas really could care less about anything but themselves. This issue was brought to almost the entire herp hobby's attention. It was all over MULTIPLE forums, all over the BOI, being discussed amongst multiple communities, and was even brought up on Reptile Radio. There is no possible way that every show promotor in Texas and every vendor in Texas could have been oblivious to it, especially since the source of the problem was right there in Dallas. If the Texas herp community WERE concerned, why would the show promotors have permitted him to vend? Why didn't anyone else at these shows bring it up and either have him removed or boycott their own attendance until he was removed? How can anyone that genuinely cares about reptiles and their own businesses/collections just stand by while a known virus dealer has his animals 20 feet across the room from them???

JoeEllisReptiles
01-26-2011, 05:29 PM
Just to throw it out there. Eric (Can not remember his last name), Wyatt's Old Business Partner with TW Inernational, Told me that my snakes were more than likely dead. He told me that they only thing I should accept is money and to be glad I never got any snakes as it would have killed my snakes. He and Wyatt had split by that time so I was not given a whole lot of detail other than Eric thinking Wyatt is Scum. This was a few years ago. The snakes were sent on loan over 8 years ago. Wyatt spoke with me 3-4 years back and swore he would refund me money but nothing ever came. I have not heard from him ever since. I know Wyatt had a lot of money tied into his collection so I would guess he hid behind his virus as long as possible. I hope he gets what he deserves.

Joe Ellis

KelliH
01-26-2011, 05:37 PM
I'm still waiting to hear what show Wyatt was at. I cannot help but wonder if that person was mistaken about Wyatt vending. I have not seen him at a show in years, as a vendor or spectator. I hope the person that made that claim posts here.

KelliH
01-26-2011, 05:40 PM
Tim, this virus isn't IBD. It's a respiratory virus similar, if not related to, paramyxovirus.

The fact that Wyatt is apparently still involved in shows and still selling animals after everyone came forward about the virus, at least twice so far that we know about (based on Roy's post stating when he purchased his animals and when he saw him last), that leads me to believe that the herp community in Texas really could care less about anything but themselves. This issue was brought to almost the entire herp hobby's attention. It was all over MULTIPLE forums, all over the BOI, being discussed amongst multiple communities, and was even brought up on Reptile Radio. There is no possible way that every show promotor in Texas and every vendor in Texas could have been oblivious to it, especially since the source of the problem was right there in Dallas. If the Texas herp community WERE concerned, why would the show promotors have permitted him to vend? Why didn't anyone else at these shows bring it up and either have him removed or boycott their own attendance until he was removed? How can anyone that genuinely cares about reptiles and their own businesses/collections just stand by while a known virus dealer has his animals 20 feet across the room from them???

Jen, I'm telling you, I know Wyatt; I know what he looks like, and if he had been at any show I was at I would have brought it to the attention of the show promoters pronto. I strongly feel that the person that says they say Wyatt vending 4 months ago is mistaken.

Pink Lady Exotics
01-26-2011, 05:44 PM
I have no idea. But the name was in my thread and when I asked him, he said that yes, he purchased from Damion Wyatt and that that is who he saw 4 months ago. He stated that he was not at the last one but should be at the one coming up. I have the PM's if I need to post them. We had a PM conversation going and I am waiting for him to find the business card and get me Wyatt's DBA name.

What about Kristen Wyatt? After the info came to light about the virus, he kept on selling snakes under his then-girlfriend's name (she is now his wife). Have you seen the name Kristen Wyatt anywhere?

TripleMoonsExotic
01-26-2011, 05:53 PM
I strongly feel that the person that says they say Wyatt vending 4 months ago is mistaken.

What about 2 years ago when the same guy bought snakes at a show from Wyatt that subsequently died from the same respiratory virus? Per your words he hasn't attended a show in 6 years. :shrug01:

Has anyone pm'ed Roy and requested he post here or are we all assuming he's aware of the thread? ;)

Tim Cole
01-26-2011, 05:55 PM
What about 2 years ago when the same guy bought snakes at a show from Wyatt that subsequently died from the same respiratory virus? Per your words he hasn't attended a show in 6 years. :shrug01:

Has anyone pm'ed Roy and requested he post here or are we all assuming he's aware of the thread? ;)

I did.

KelliH
01-26-2011, 05:57 PM
I have no idea. But the name was in my thread and when I asked him, he said that yes, he purchased from Damion Wyatt and that that is who he saw 4 months ago. He stated that he was not at the last one but should be at the one coming up. I have the PM's if I need to post them. We had a PM conversation going and I am waiting for him to find the business card and get me Wyatt's DBA name.

What about Kristen Wyatt? After the info came to light about the virus, he kept on selling snakes under his then-girlfriend's name (she is now his wife). Have you seen the name Kristen Wyatt anywhere?

No, not that I can recall. I never met her so I would have no idea what she looks like.

KelliH
01-26-2011, 06:01 PM

I have not seen him at any show in years. The last time I recall seeing him was at one of the Bob Clark shows in Arlington at the convention center, which was prior to NARBC coming here in 07.

KelliH
01-26-2011, 06:04 PM

I made a post in the thread he posted in, asking him to please come here and post.

Pink Lady Exotics
01-26-2011, 07:09 PM
I PM'd him as well.

lanceheads
01-26-2011, 07:10 PM
I haven't seen him in many years. I am the Promoter for the San Antonio Show, and he has never vended at the show in the 12 years I have been involved with it. I also vend at the E.T.H.S. in Houston, the NARBC in Arlington, and Lone Star Expo in Arlington every year, and haven't seen him at either of those shows. I heard he was a fireman or something in Dallas?

Pink Lady Exotics
01-26-2011, 07:16 PM
He was an EMT/Fireman for the Cedar Hill dept. I have been doing some research on where he is now and what he is doing, but will refrain from posting that in this thread as it is not about him specifically.

Lynn
01-26-2011, 07:46 PM
I have not seen him at any show in years. The last time I recall seeing him was at one of the Bob Clark shows in Arlington at the convention center, which was prior to NARBC coming here in 07.

That is the last time I have seen him also.. At that time he was married to Brandi. I know who he got his rodents from weekly and they have not seen him either. He has never vended at the Lone Star Reptile Expo..
I agree with Kelli, Tim and Randal.

Lynn
01-26-2011, 07:50 PM
Forgot two, added to the end.

Joe Ellis -- Virginia Beach, VA -- Stolen Animals (through breeding loan)
Tim Bowles -- Unknown -- Virus
Matt Lehrer -- Florida -- Virus (purchased from Tim before it was known about him contracting the virus from Wyatt's animal)

The only name on this list that is from Texas is Wyatt. I still want to know about the breeders from Texas that are selling sick animals.. Again please list them as this is what this thread is about. Thanks

Lynn
01-26-2011, 07:52 PM
I haven't seen him in many years. I am the Promoter for the San Antonio Show, and he has never vended at the show in the 12 years I have been involved with it. I also vend at the E.T.H.S. in Houston, the NARBC in Arlington, and Lone Star Expo in Arlington every year, and haven't seen him at either of those shows. I heard he was a fireman or something in Dallas?

Paramedic in Cedar Hill but lost that job a few years back

Pink Lady Exotics
01-26-2011, 10:02 PM
The only name on this list that is from Texas is Wyatt. I still want to know about the breeders from Texas that are selling sick animals.. Again please list them as this is what this thread is about. Thanks

I never said the breeders in question were from Texas. I said they are being allowed to vend at Texas shows. The thread is about the Texas herp community permitted this to take place. The list above contains the victims of Damion Wyatt, not people that have vended at Texas shows.

As previously stated, this new information that was stated publicly about Damion Wyatt was why I made the comment that I did. There is another breeder that vends at shows in Texas that I feel strongly about, but as Kelli mentioned, I don't have the specified vet reports from Germany to post solid proof thus some would consider it "hearsay". What I do have are e-mails from very well known people in the reptile industry both here in the U.S. and in Europe that made me aware of the topic, and considering that they are some of the most experienced long-standing breeders in this hobby, I don't consider that just gossip or hearsay. Also as previously stated, it would take me about 4 hours to sort through my e-mail folder that contains all communications from during the virus ordeal, as it contains about 25+ pages of e-mails over the span of a year. At 20 e-mails displayed per page, that is a lot to sort through to find the dozen or so messages/conversations pertaining to this issue. Considering that I surf the internet primarily on my Blackberry and only access my laptop when I am at my boyfriend's house to use his internet, I would have to go out of my way to make a point to sit down and do this. I have other more pressing matters to deal with these days.

TripleMoonsExotic
01-26-2011, 10:11 PM

I'm actually a little confused as to why this thread is here in the first place. No inquiry is being made on a person/business nor has a transaction taken place. The only thing I see is demands for Jen to post a list of names of who she suspects (or has been told) is selling sick snakes. Shouldn't that be up to her to bring it to the BOI if that was her decision?

Wouldn't any information be third party anyway unless she personally interacted with them? :shrug01:

lanceheads
01-26-2011, 10:24 PM
I never said the breeders in question were from Texas. I said they are being allowed to vend at Texas shows. The thread is about the Texas herp community permitted this to take place. The list above contains the victims of Damion Wyatt, not people that have vended at Texas shows.As previously stated, this new information that was stated publicly about Damion Wyatt was why I made the comment that I did. There is another breeder that vends at shows in Texas that I feel strongly about, but as Kelli mentioned, I don't have the specified vet reports from Germany to post solid proof thus some would consider it "hearsay". What I do have are e-mails from very well known people in the reptile industry both here in the U.S. and in Europe that made me aware of the topic, and considering that they are some of the most experienced long-standing breeders in this hobby, I don't consider that just gossip or hearsay. Also as previously stated, it would take me about 4 hours to sort through my e-mail folder that contains all communications from during the virus ordeal, as it contains about 25+ pages of e-mails over the span of a year. At 20 e-mails displayed per page, that is a lot to sort through to find the dozen or so messages/conversations pertaining to this issue. Considering that I surf the internet primarily on my Blackberry and only access my laptop when I am at my boyfriend's house to use his internet, I would have to go out of my way to make a point to sit down and do this. I have other more pressing matters to deal with these days.

Permitted? Who?
And of course you have an axe to grind, because your name is on the list!:rolleyes_

You better find the time to scroll through those emails Jen, or you lose all creditbility here missy! :reddevil:

Randal Berry

Magic Merlin
01-26-2011, 10:37 PM
I never said the breeders in question were from Texas. I said they are being allowed to vend at Texas shows. The thread is about the Texas herp community permitted this to take place. The list above contains the victims of Damion Wyatt, not people that have vended at Texas shows.

As previously stated, this new information that was stated publicly about Damion Wyatt was why I made the comment that I did. There is another breeder that vends at shows in Texas that I feel strongly about, but as Kelli mentioned, I don't have the specified vet reports from Germany to post solid proof thus some would consider it "hearsay". What I do have are e-mails from very well known people in the reptile industry both here in the U.S. and in Europe that made me aware of the topic, and considering that they are some of the most experienced long-standing breeders in this hobby, I don't consider that just gossip or hearsay. Also as previously stated, it would take me about 4 hours to sort through my e-mail folder that contains all communications from during the virus ordeal, as it contains about 25+ pages of e-mails over the span of a year. At 20 e-mails displayed per page, that is a lot to sort through to find the dozen or so messages/conversations pertaining to this issue. Considering that I surf the internet primarily on my Blackberry and only access my laptop when I am at my boyfriend's house to use his internet, I would have to go out of my way to make a point to sit down and do this. I have other more pressing matters to deal with these days.

And yet you can find the time to accuse an entire community of conspiracy and negligence with ZERO proof.....if you are too lazy to provide evidence then your rants have no place here. Thankfully the well respected Texas promoters and vendors, like myself, have completely impeached your credibility.......way to make a reappearance into the hobby.

hhmoore
01-26-2011, 10:42 PM
Any more discussion specifically related to transactions with Damion Wyatt should be in his thread, as this one is about the Texas herp community, but I would hold off as I will be starting a new one once I finish getting information from Roy, and you should bring it to that one.

Jen, why would you start a new thread? You already have a thread about Wyatt...and if you are posting updates about the same problem - even if it involves other victims - doesn't it make sense to post them in the same place? Is there any reason that the parties you are gathering information from can't post for themselves?? That IS generally preferred, after all.

RJK890
01-26-2011, 10:49 PM
Stephanie:
I'm actually a little confused as to why this thread is here in the first place. No inquiry is being made on a person/business nor has a transaction taken place. The only thing I see is demands for Jen to post a list of names of who she suspects (or has been told) is selling sick snakes. Shouldn't that be up to her to bring it to the BOI if that was her decision?

Wouldn't any information be third party anyway unless she personally interacted with them?
Stephanie is right.
This thread is not about a transaction, or the Texas Reptile community.

It is about Jen Harrison making accusations that Mr. Wyatt is being allowed to vend shows in Texas, and that the Texas show promoters and Texas show vendors are allowing it, and sweeping it under the rug.

If y'all Texans want to call her out for spreading gossip about the herpers in Texas, or ask her to post proof to back up her accusations it should be done in Jen Harrisons thread.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99539&highlight=Harrison

Pink Lady Exotics
01-26-2011, 11:15 PM
Jen, why would you start a new thread? You already have a thread about Wyatt...and if you are posting updates about the same problem - even if it involves other victims - doesn't it make sense to post them in the same place? Is there any reason that the parties you are gathering information from can't post for themselves?? That IS generally preferred, after all.

I encouraged him to start it. I would prefer to have it be in a new one because most people won't want to read through the entire old one to get to the new information. And if he is still selling, time is critical.

Pink Lady Exotics
01-26-2011, 11:19 PM

Exactly. I stated my opinion about something in another thread, and Kelli decided to bring it to the BOI for whatever reason where it really doesn't belong. I don't have to defend myself on anything. I said what I believe in based on things I was informed of by others and based on statements that are plain to see here on Fauna. :rolleyes_

hhmoore
01-26-2011, 11:24 PM
I have to agree....
This isn't even an inquiry about the Texas Reptile Community; but, if it were, I think that (barring reference to a business/organization with that name) the scope is too broad to be acceptable.

I can understand Texas herpers wanting Jen to back up her claims, but this isn't the way to do it. I'd be inclined to redirect the questions back to the threads they started in, the thread about Wyatt, or threads about the people Jen is referring to (assuming she ever deigns to identify them, or even a thread about Jen...since she is the one posting these claims (okay, that one might be a bit of a reach, lol)