View Full Version : Bad Guy herpetologies herpetologies@me.com

burm_daddy
01-25-2011, 05:20 PM
DO NOT BUY FROM

herpetologies@me.com

herpetologies

Name : Darien Drollinger

Trader Rating: (0)

they are crooks i ordered 200 dubia from him on 1/12/2011 and still havent recieved them he told me he was traveling and he didnt have time but would have someone else send them and i still havent recieved them he doesnt answer his phone 208-949-4529 or his email posted above and i tryed to contact him through his site with all failing herpetologies.com i got paypal to refund my money but it gunna be another 5 to 10 days beforee i get my money and i need thee money now to buy more roaches unless u got money to risk do not buy from this guy

scaledverts
01-25-2011, 06:07 PM
Can you post any emails between the two of you? I know the temps have been cold recently so did you guys agree on a date for shipping etc?

burm_daddy
01-25-2011, 06:15 PM
read from the bottom to the top as these were copied from ym email and im not sure how to do this posting and screen shot stuff like u guys do and sorry for the bad words lol
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, I have been on the road traveling and had to get a dropshipper to send your order and a few others... I am sorry for the inconvenience and your roaches will be at your location soon. I am actually losing money on your order as it is because of my low prices and I had to get the dropshipper and he charged more.

Sent from my iPhone
--------------------------------------------------------------------------On Jan 18, 2011, at 1:01 PM, ~BIG_JESS~ <bigdaddy_jess@yahoo.com> wrote:

hello this is jess again i ordered the roaches last Wednesday and they should have been shipped Thursday but they wernt have now here it is tuesday and i still dont have them if i dont have the roaches Wednesday im filing a claim with paypal and i will get a refund this is terrible customer service
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were sent

Sent from my iPhone
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Jan 14, 2011, at 11:01 PM, ~BIG_JESS~ <bigdaddy_jess@yahoo.com> wrote:

sorry that was a spell check error what i mean to say is thanks for getting back to me when will the roaches ship
To: ~BIG_JESS~ <bigdaddy_jess@yahoo.com>
Sent: Fri, January 14, 2011 10:20:31 PM
Subject: Re: hey i need some info about roaches i bought

What?

Sent from my iPhone
------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Jan 14, 2011, at 10:19 PM, ~BIG_JESS~ <bigdaddy_jess@yahoo.com> wrote:

ok thanks for shitting when will they ship ?
Sent: Fri, January 14, 2011 3:23:59 PM
Subject: Re: hey i need some info about roaches i bought

Sorry for the delay, you will get a mix of male/female and they will all be large sized...

Sent from my iPhone
On Jan 12, 2011, at 5:27 PM, ~BIG_JESS~ <bigdaddy_jess@yahoo.com> wrote:

i just sent a payment of 64 dollars to u guy for 200 roaches and i wasnt sure on the sexes of the roaches i need pairs or more females than males if u could email me back and let me know would be great thanks jess

scaledverts
01-25-2011, 06:30 PM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, I have been on the road traveling and had to get a dropshipper to send your order and a few others... I am sorry for the inconvenience and your roaches will be at your location soon. I am actually losing money on your order as it is because of my low prices and I had to get the dropshipper and he charged more.

Is this the last correspondence between the two of you? Also, what was the date of this email back to you? Just trying to figure out a timeline here that is all.

burm_daddy
01-25-2011, 07:46 PM
sorry yes this was the last one and sorry here is the whole date and everything

Tue, January 18, 2011 1:34:22 PMRe: roaches
From: Darien Drollinger <herpetologies@me.com>Add to Contacts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent from my iPhone

laterob
01-25-2011, 10:48 PM
When did he say they were sent? Was that also the 14th?

burm_daddy
01-25-2011, 11:11 PM
they said they were sent the 18th the date is on the emails

ed hummel
01-26-2011, 12:46 AM
its only been 6 days and you are calling them crooks? dont you think you might be jumping the gun just a little bit with this kind of thread and that kind of remark?

burm_daddy
01-26-2011, 02:21 AM
no not when i have called and left 3 or 4 voice mails and emailed him a number of time with nothing in return and when u dont even email paypal back no im not jumping the gun and maybe u should read the post and dates he said they were send on the 14th and today is the 25th and as far as i know thats 11 days and if u count the 13th the day they should have been sent thats 12 so no cuz if the roaches were sent when he said they would be here by now and if the come now they will be dead

ed hummel
01-26-2011, 02:47 AM
no not when i have called and left 3 or 4 voice mails and emailed him a number of time with nothing in return and when u dont even email paypal back no im not jumping the gun and maybe u should read the post and dates he said they were send on the 14th and today is the 25th and as far as i know thats 11 days and if u count the 13th the day they should have been sent thats 12 so no cuz if the roaches were sent when he said they would be here by now and if the come now they will be dead

i did read them but with the way you chopped them up it was easy to miss a 3 word reply.

so you havent rec them in 9 days instead of 6. he also said he is on the road and had to use a drop shipper and it doesnt look like that is working out for him as well as he had hoped... still think your going a bit overboard creating a bad guy thread.

burm_daddy
01-26-2011, 03:22 AM
well thats fine u can think im going over board no one asked u and how if he said they were mailed on the 14th and today is the 25th is that 9 days it is 11 days not 9 and if he doesnt have a system set up to ship when he is oput on the road he should have said somthing before and how am i going over board i gave him plenty of time to call me back or email me and tell me where there were and give me a shipping number

ed hummel
01-26-2011, 05:59 AM
well thats fine u can think im going over board no one asked u and how if he said they were mailed on the 14th and today is the 25th is that 9 days it is 11 days not 9 and if he doesnt have a system set up to ship when he is oput on the road he should have said somthing before and how am i going over board i gave him plenty of time to call me back or email me and tell me where there were and give me a shipping number

i stand corrected 11 days not 9... have you notified this dirty scoundrel that youve created a bad guy thread about him?

and by the way, im glad you think its fine for me to have an opinion, but as far as no one asking me, i dont NEED to be ASKED to post in a public forum :thumbsup:

Focal
01-26-2011, 07:36 AM
Wait. I'm missing to see how they are crooks. You never asked for your money back and they never denied you. I understand shipping delays or mistakes on the buyers part, but I don't think that makes them a bad guy. I think that just makes them unreliable and an information thread on what to expect would be a little more appropriate. Maybe paypal didn't give you the money back. Maybe they asked him about the transaction and he just refunded it. Did you ask for a refund before filing a claim? Either way, my opinion.

Did you send him an email notifying him of this thread?

The BoidSmith
01-26-2011, 08:34 AM
It seems you are fairly new to this hobby. It's not been two weeks since your order and you post a bad guy thread on them? There was no need for this yet, give them a little more time or request your money back. In business transactions even 30 days is considered as cash so three day.

Thanks

The BoidSmith
01-26-2011, 08:35 AM
In business transactions even 30 days is considered as cash and not delayed payment, same with deliveries, unless there is a guarantee implied or stated.

Focal
01-26-2011, 08:47 AM
I just wanted to add another tip. Some sellers aren't as quick as others, so as the buyer it's usually a good idea to make it clear before you send money that you need these ASAP. Your first email sent to him would lead me to believe you plan on setting up a breeding colony, not buying for food. While either one was your intention, sending feeders demands a little more rush than a breeding colony. I think a little more clarity could have helped this transaction go smoother. I'm not trying to rip on you, just looking to better your next transaction.

Shadera
01-26-2011, 08:57 AM
Did you tell him you were sending money before you sent it? Sorry, only asking because I don't see any evidence that you did.

Could it be possible at all, that he has taken care of things to the best of his ability on his end (he is out on the road, after all), and it's the drop shipper who dropped the ball?

scaledverts
01-26-2011, 10:38 AM
Did you tell him you were sending money before you sent it? Sorry, only asking because I don't see any evidence that you did.

Here is something else to consider related to the above post. It also appears to me that you basically sent him a payment through paypal without talking about shipping terms. I know LOTS of roach/insect people that will only ship in the first half of the week (crap most reptile people will also only do this). I think it may have been a bit unreasonable to expect him to just ship out insects before confirming that you were available to receive a shipment. These are animals after all not a book on ebay. Also, roaches are almost always sent USPS priority and depending on your location relative to the seller can take up to 5 days to arrive (although 3-4 is much more common).

WHAT IF: he was already out of town when your payment arrived? It looks like all of his replies are from his iphone. How could he be expected to ship out the next day without any prior knowledge of your payment or even your intent to make a payment? Because of this I also think that this thread is premature. If a customer sent me a payment for an animal without previous communication, there is no way I would send the box out the next day (I know the big breeders do but I don't deal with that volume of animals). There would be a series of email exchanges confirming shipping addresses, discussing temperatures, etc. However, if I was not at home then all of these emails would be delayed.

Could it be possible at all, that he has taken care of things to the best of his ability on his end (he is out on the road, after all), and it's the drop shipper who dropped the ball?

I do not think he is completely blameless in all this. Even if he did take care of everything at some point he is still responsible for getting the shipment(s) out. Also, he DID say that they were sent so that is odd to me. Although that could also have been him relying on another party to send them out.

Again, I do think his customer service (for whatever reason) was a bit lacking in this transaction. But the bad guy thread was a bit early IMO.

Focal
01-26-2011, 10:52 AM
I notified him of this thread.

Shadera
01-26-2011, 11:03 AM
Yes, some sellers do only ship on certain days. My frozen rat supplier does this.

No, I do not think he's blameless. However, if he had no idea that order was coming in and is away from home, who is to say he's not scrambling to get this taken care of? I remember a couple of years ago trying to coordinate something while I was away from home and it was a complete royal pain in the hind end. (Thankfully it wasn't business.)

Drop shippers aren't always reliable, unfortunately. For all we know the shipper could be telling the seller they've been sent and haven't been, or maybe there are weather delays along the way, or maybe the package just got old-fashioned lost? :shrug01: Is there room for improvement here? Definitely. But do I think the seller is a bad guy based on what I see here? No.

I hope the seller has been notified, and will chime in with their side of this.

Focal
01-26-2011, 11:27 AM
OP, you might also want to refrain from beating this guys name into the mud AT LEAST until he has a chance to reply. I don't see where he intentionally did you wrong, so doing the same to him is not cool.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1193751#post1193751

herpetologies
01-26-2011, 05:33 PM
Hello,
I had to get a drop-shipper and he did not supply me with a tracking number and all he told me was they were shipped off. I'm sorry this is not working out for you, and I will refund your money (even though the shipper said they were shipped and I am going to lose quite a bit of money on this most likely). I will give you the refund today. Have a great day.

And sorry for all the problems, I have been traveling and out of town the last two weeks and it has been hectic. If there are any other of my customers who are unhappy I will make it right.

Darien

herpetologies
01-26-2011, 05:44 PM
Hello,
I just wanted everyone to know that I refunded him for his Dubia Roaches that he purchased from me. If anyone else has had any issues with their purchase from me in the past, please let me know and I will make it right.

Darien
Blaptica Dubia Roaches (http://blapticadubiaroaches.com)

burm_daddy
01-27-2011, 01:59 AM
ok guys yes i did tell him about the thread and no i never asked for the money cuz i didnt want the money i wanted the roaches and i still do and no they are going to be used as food and a colony i only needed a few for feed but i am sorry for being so early on this thread but i got screwed 3 times on roaches in the last 4 month the same exact way buy from people that had tons of good post and they all say they were shipped and i have never gotten anything from them and no im not saying im all right with the way i handled this but i will say i have left about 5 voice mails now and never got anything in return so i cant say he is good with comunication and Darien i am sorry if i did wrong but this was a bad deal and again yes i called and said i was making the payment and to ship asap as i work from home and am always home in the mornings when the mail comes

The BoidSmith
01-27-2011, 08:58 AM
Hello,
I had to get a drop-shipper and he did not supply me with a tracking number and all he told me was they were shipped off. I'm sorry this is not working out for you, and I will refund your money (even though the shipper said they were shipped and I am going to lose quite a bit of money on this most likely). I will give you the refund today. Have a great day.

And sorry for all the problems, I have been traveling and out of town the last two weeks and it has been hectic. If there are any other of my customers who are unhappy I will make it right.

Darien

Maybe a moderator can state if this comment counts as third party information or not. For the sake of future transactions by other individuals, can you disclose who the drop-shipper was? It wouldn't be that important had he not said he had shipped and never did. :(

hhmoore
01-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Good point, Dan...and it would certainly lend to Darien's credibility if the drop shipper confirmed his statements.

herpetologies
01-28-2011, 12:16 AM
Here is the emails from the "drop-shipper".

darien

No I don't but I can promise you it was shipped out.

For All Your Dubia Roach Needs, Please visit:
www.roachesrus.com

-----Original Message-----
To: roachesrus@mail.com
Sent: Wed, Jan 19, 2011 10:50 am
Subject: Re: SHIPPING STATUS

can you provide a tracking number for jess scott?
Thank You,
Darien Drollinger
www.dariendrollinger.com

On Jan 19, 2011, at 12:46 AM, roachesrus@mail.com wrote:

Hi,

All your orders were shipped out, actually I had to buy out of pocket to help send those out and to start a few more colonies that got water damaged not too long ago, but there were shipped.

Again I'm sorry.

Thanks!

www.roachesrus.com

To: roachesrus@mail.com <roachesrus@mail.com>
Sent: Tue, Jan 18, 2011 1:32 pm

Have you gotten all the orders out? I have some unhappy customers...

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 14, 2011, at 4:21 PM, roachesrus@mail.com wrote:

Hi, yes that order has been shipped out. I am sorry for not getting back to you any time soon. I had a water heater bust in my house and now I have water damage in a few locations. Plus not to mention some of my colonies got wiped out. But rest assured I am working on getting some more going. Just to let you know, I am very low on large and until I get some more I wont be able to ship large for a couple of weeks at the very least. I hope that doesn't cause problems for you, I am working hard to getting some more as we speak, so to be able to ship more out.
www.roachesrus.com

To: roachesrus@mail.com <roachesrus@mail.com>
Sent: Fri, Jan 14, 2011 3:22 pm

Have you sent the order out to Jess Scott??

Sent from my iPhone

The BoidSmith
01-28-2011, 12:48 AM
Thanks Darien.