PDA

View Full Version : Bad Guy Glades Herp Farm

SWOMPDONKEY
02-05-2011, 05:20 PM
I personally visited the herp farm after seeing an ad. They have all sorts of reptiles packes into little sheds pythons boas frogs...ect ect. I seen alot of filthy cages and poor heating methods. I wouldnt recomend buying from this place.

Southern Wolf
02-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Care to be more specific?

justindh1
02-05-2011, 05:39 PM
I think you need some kind of proof such as pictures. I understand that you are just looking out for the reptiles but in order to be proven as being a "BAD GUY" then there has to be some kind of proof besides just spoken words.

Temporalis_Enterprises
02-05-2011, 08:20 PM
So you're from "no wheres"? Do you have pictures and has Glades been made aware of this thread?

MDC_Ophiuchus
02-05-2011, 09:58 PM
I think you need some kind of proof such as pictures. I understand that you are just looking out for the reptiles but in order to be proven as being a "BAD GUY" then there has to be some kind of proof besides just spoken words.

I agree.

This sounds like a disgruntled buyer (or perhaps would-be buyer) who didn't get things his way, or simply just a troll trying to stir trouble. Either way, we need details and evidence, not just a kid on a soapbox.

Temporalis_Enterprises
02-05-2011, 10:01 PM
I believe he can't even post because he doesn't have a valid location.

bullies&balls
02-05-2011, 11:34 PM
yeapers !!! In before the LOCK !!!!

snakemami
02-06-2011, 08:01 PM
I have purchased from Glades Herp farm before and have also personally visited their site in October. It's Tom Crutchfield's old place. It's not uber clean but still for what it is the animals are clean and there are a lot of workers who take care of them.
I purchased 5 hognose the day I was there...

CB Reptiles
02-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Shouldn't this thread be deleted since there is no real evidence?

CB Reptiles
02-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Its an honest question since I am not 100% sure of the BOI rules.

SWOMPDONKEY
02-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Wow.... Really? No I didnt bring the camera besides I dout theyd just let me snap pictures of their compound. LOL and im from Ocala and GHF is located in Bushnell about 40 min. from my house so yes I was there and saw what I saw so if you all dont believe me go see for yourself. Thats all I have to say about that matter, just thought people should know what kind of conditions the animals are in that they may think about before purchasing. I personally I would NEVER EVER buy anything from there even tho the boa I saw looked healthy and fine just what the surounding conditions were like were not good. So Buyer Beware...

SWOMPDONKEY
02-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Wow.... Really? No I didnt bring the camera besides I dout theyd just let me snap pictures of their compound. LOL and im from Ocala and GHF is located in Bushnell about 40 min. from my house so yes I was there and saw what I saw so if you all dont believe me go see for yourself. Thats all I have to say about that matter, just thought people should know what kind of conditions the animals are in that they may think about before purchasing. I personally I would NEVER EVER buy anything from there even tho the boa I saw looked healthy and fine just what the surounding conditions were like were not good. So Buyer Beware...

Oh and to be more specific, 15ft retic. pythons in 2x2 enclosures with poop / urates all over the place and well as all sorts of species housed together in one single unit which is like 5ftx 10 ft. No offense to glades herp but I just think they could do a much better job of how they keep their animals and have a more sanitary cages.

SWOMPDONKEY
02-07-2011, 05:24 PM
I have purchased from Glades Herp farm before and have also personally visited their site in October. It's Tom Crutchfield's old place. It's not uber clean but still for what it is the animals are clean and there are a lot of workers who take care of them.
I purchased 5 hognose the day I was there...

Maybe I just came at a bad time then. idk.

snakemami
02-07-2011, 06:21 PM
I have pics of their facility on our field trip page at www.northfloridaherpsociety.com
They didn't care and even encouraged pics...

jpreptiles75
02-07-2011, 09:58 PM
SWOMPDONKEY have you been to other reptile wholesale facilities? by the way those sheds are 20 foot sea trains. if i remember correctley. both robbies and anyone of the guys at glade would of had no problem with taking of pics. i would love to see a dirty glade herp. please post pics.

ShadowAceD
02-07-2011, 10:01 PM
I bought two Longicaudas from them a year ago and have had absolutely no issue with them. Haven't been to their facility, but without evidence, I'm inclined to not agree.

justindh1
02-07-2011, 10:21 PM
I have pics of their facility on our field trip page at www.northfloridaherpsociety.com
They didn't care and even encouraged pics...

With a member of the northern Florida herp society chiming in with pictures, saying nothing about their facilities being bad, then I'd say it's a closed case. Pics say it all as they were taken late last year. Maybe you caught them on the day before cleaning. I am not saying your words aren't true but that evidence says otherwise. That's why it is so important to have something to prove yourself. There's only so much you can trust on the internet with out true evidence.

Tim Cole
02-08-2011, 12:25 AM
The large retic I saw in the field trip pictures was in an 8' custom neo.

Now the guy free handling the Aspedilaps....

SWOMPDONKEY
02-08-2011, 05:56 PM
SWOMPDONKEY have you been to other reptile wholesale facilities? by the way those sheds are 20 foot sea trains. if i remember correctley. both robbies and anyone of the guys at glade would of had no problem with taking of pics. i would love to see a dirty glade herp. please post pics.

Ok maybe they were a bit bigger, and maybe I misreprested the post as "badguy" Im not at all saying the people at glades herp are bad people and the guy that gave me the tour didnt seem like a bad guy at all I just think that some of the cages were a bit dirty and I personally (i know they hadnt been cleaned in weeks) but in no way am i saying that thier reptiles are bad or anything. I just thought this website is a free place to post ones experience with a particular breeder/wholesaler....ect. Im just expressing my opinion/experience so that others may know, nothing more.

Bobby Douglass
02-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Tell us about these poor heating methods please.

SWOMPDONKEY
02-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Tell us about these poor heating methods please.

Ya know theres no point in explaining, I dont have pics so no one cares. This thread might as well be deleted along with my profile. Im done, wont ever post on here again ok super bye bye then.

Steveboos
02-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Yeah seems like a nice facility where every animal is taken care of. I would say your comments aren't justified and Glades Herp does take good care of their animals.

The pictures were awesome of the field trip. What a wide array of animals they have!!!

omni
02-10-2011, 05:54 PM
Im done, wont ever post on here again ok super bye bye then.

Please let the door hit you on the backside on your way out :D

I would consider Glades Herp if ever they have something I'm interested in. I have heard some positive things about them.

brian abrams
02-15-2011, 05:56 PM
Almost a year ago I ordered a HUGE Cay Caulker from Robbie. Great snake! She was sent 1 day shipping and arrived about 10:00 AM, just as expected with no issues. I also wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again.

Mikkwa
02-15-2011, 10:32 PM
I've never been to their facility in Florida (I live in Texas), but I just got back from the NARBC in Arlington on Sat. & they had a booth set up there. I did not see any reptiles that appeared to me to be unhealthy or in bad shape. I did buy a normal Colombian boa from them for a coworker. I don't know the guy's name I was doing business with, but he was very nice & courteous. He even went down on the price of the boa when I told him what my coworker's price limit was.

From the pleasant dealings I had with him there I would not hesitate to buy from their website if I find something I can't live without.

annmikeal
02-16-2011, 08:23 AM
I have bought tons of reptiles and arachnids from them over the years. Have been to their facility 3 different times. Every time I was ever there, the animals were taken care of and the sheds were always warm. No not every cage had heating in it, but if the shed it 80 degrees, do they really all need heat in the enclosure???
Also, compared to a lot of wholesalers, their place was up there on the list of cleanliness :)