PDA

View Full Version : !!!!!EGGS!!!!!!

Ronda63
07-09-2011, 01:29 PM
I woke up this morning to a little head poking out. I cut the rest and all are healthy and alive. I have never hatched mojaves before so I don't know what they look like coming out of the egg, but I think there might be one that is a mojave. Of course, it's the one that didn't show up well in the pics. I guess I will have to wait and see. The second picture shows one that I am sure is normal, but is quite interesting with it's coloration and pattern. I will post more pics once they come out.

Wolfy-hound
07-09-2011, 02:05 PM
They look grand! Congrats on the hatchlings!

Has it seemed like FOREVER since you cut and they still haven't crawled out? That's the longest time ever for me... waiting and waiting! They sure look like they were worth the wait!

SlytherynHiss Exotics
07-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ronda63
07-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Thank you Theresa and Rayna!! It is going to be a nail-biting next few days. Especially since this looks to be my only clutch for quite a while. Hopefully the sex ratio will be better than the morph/normal ratio!!

gsrept
07-09-2011, 02:13 PM
congrats. the ones that i can see good are definatly normals the one in back right can not tell but they all look like they are going to have some nice gold color.

KY Reptiles
07-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Congrats!!!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I see all normals (I'm viewing from my cell) I can't tell what the one in the top right corner in the 1st pic with just the face showing though. Pretty babies tho! They have nice color!!

KY Reptiles
07-09-2011, 02:26 PM
congrats. the ones that i can see good are definatly normals the one in back right can not tell but they all look like they are going to have some nice gold color.

I knew I couldn't be the only one seeing this. I agree they are gonna be very nice looking normals.

I hope the one in the top right is a mojave for you!!

Hopefully those normals are all females! :)

Ronda63
07-09-2011, 02:29 PM
That's what I see too...normals. I think the one that only shows the head is my last hope. It really hasn't shown me much other than it's head which isn't enough for my inexperienced eye to tell. Fingers crossed that it will be a mojave girl!!

Breaking Balls
07-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Congrats! It's always good to get some healthy snakes hatched regardless of morph :)

Regards,

B

gsrept
07-09-2011, 03:22 PM
who was the mojave mom or dad

Ronda63
07-09-2011, 03:41 PM
The dad is the mojave, mom is a very pretty normal.

Quiet Tempest
07-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Bummer on the odds. My latest clutch was normal to mojave and I only got one mojo in the bunch.. and a boy at that. Rotten luck. Congrats all the same. Hope the egg in question proves to be a little mojo girl for you. :)

SERPENTS DEN
07-09-2011, 05:22 PM
I was expecting to see eggs but these are already cooked. :)

Congrats!!

Matt2979
07-09-2011, 06:53 PM
I was expecting to see eggs but these are already cooked. :)

Congrats!!

:rofl: That was my exact thought when I opened this thread!! :rofl:

Ronda, can you take another pic of the egg in the upper right corner? That one looks to be a mojo, but it's hard to say for sure from that pic. Congrats on finally getting through the wait, and good luck on the sex ratio!!

Ronda63
07-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Well at least I tricked a couple of you, lol. You were surprised to see cooked eggs, well imagine my surprise to see all normals? Here is another shot of the one in the far right corner, confirming a clutch of 5 normals. The good news, though, is I have another female producing follicles now so I have one more shot at producing mojaves. As my wonderful husband says, at least I got one more healthy, problem free clutch under my belt.

I am interested to see what the two in the second picture end up looking like. Normal or not, they have my interest peaked. (Sorry about the crappy pictures).

Matt2979
07-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Ewww...really sorry to hear about those odds! Unfortunately they don't all come out good, BUT--at least in my experience--they do seem to even out so hopefully you'll make-up for it with your next clutch! ;)

cahrens
07-09-2011, 08:31 PM
The dad is the mojave, mom is a very pretty normal.

Got any pics of the dad?

Ronda63
07-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Here is a picture of him taken a few months ago.

Wonzzer
07-09-2011, 09:20 PM
At least they are healthy. Those odds happen unfortunately. Last year, my first TWO clutches were 5 eggs from Cinny to normal, and 5 eggs from Pinstripe to normal, and I got 10 normals :-(

cahrens
07-10-2011, 05:39 AM
Here is a picture of him taken a few months ago.

Pretty boy. Only 1 other thing can cause odds like this... When you get an e-mail, and it says you have to forward it to 20 people in 20 minutes, do you forward it or delete it? Apparently if you delete it, you're going to have 10 years of bad luck. :rofl: I wish I had known that sooner. I've deleted hundreds of them without forwarding them. I have thousands of years of bad luck built up. :shootfoot