PDA

View Full Version : Selling Animals they don't have - Paul Richardson

Blue Ribbon Herps
10-23-2003, 01:11 PM
Pr21cb@aol.com

The person with this e-mail address above, has taken two photos off my web site, that are clearly marked BLUE RIBBON HERPS with a copywrite circle and have taken one that is not marked, and said that he or she ownes these animals and all three are for sale for $550 - I wish I could get that for them!

He (or she) does not have my permission to use the two copywirtted photos, nor did I give them permission to "borrow" the photo that is not coppywrited.

Rich: Is this a registered person on your site or Faunaclassifieds? I realize if they are registered, their e-mail address is in your database.

Any assistance you can give me, I would appreciate. I will forward you the e-mail, that this person sent one of my customers, so you will know it is not a false accusation.

Other than having my attorney sending him a letter, I guess there isn't much I can do about it.

Bill

WebSlave
10-23-2003, 02:03 PM
Bill,

This person has listed their name as being Paul Richardson. The only locality info provided is "SC".

The name this person is registered here under is "pr21cb". No posts have been made on this site by this person.

Where is this person advertising those photos of yours? The site owner should be contacted about this situation.

Hope that helps some.

Carlos
10-23-2003, 03:11 PM
Well. I'm the one that received the e-mail offer with Bill pictures attached. I have a wanted ad in....... for a Candy cane male. Yesterday I got an e-mail with 3 corn snakes pictures attached and asking for $500.00 shiped for them,that e-mail are from Pr21cb@aol.com, as soon I open it I know those pictures are from Bill Web page. I been dealing with Bill for few days closing a deal in a couple corn snakes that he have. I replay the e-mail asking for more info but never get an answer back, I forward the e-mail to Bill asking him what is going on.

Blue Ribbon Herps
10-23-2003, 04:24 PM
Here's Richard (the guy who lifted/took photos off my web site) appology, which I accepted. Yet I did remind him, that no matter if the copyrighted or not, he should NOT take anyone's photos, without first asking.

From Richard:

----------------

Oh, I am very sorry. I didn't really didn't know that they were copyrighted. I really will never do that again. Again I am very sorry. I apologize. If I had known I wouldn't have done it. Once again I am very sorry. Yes, I do own 5 snakes. I am sorry please forgive me

---------------

Bill Pabst
Owner
BLUE RIBBON HERPS

Clay Davenport
10-23-2003, 05:32 PM
Just for the record, the fact you published them on your website made them copyrighted, including the one that you didn't have marked. That mark is not necessary to preserve your exclusive rights to your own work.

As for his apology, as seemingly enthusiastic as it was, it's hollow at best. He tried to represent them as his and get money for them. This is a pre-meditated attempt at a scam.
An apology to you was in order, but that doesn't change the fact he made an attempt to take someone's money for snakes he didn't own. Since this was an intentional act, I'd say he's more likely sorry he got caught.
Claiming he didn't know they were copyrighted is rediculous. He knew full well they were your photos, and two were even marked as such. Marked or not there's no excuse for the attempt at deceit.

Carlos
10-23-2003, 06:05 PM
Heck . In my opinion he’s know what he is doing when he erase the mane of the owner from the picture, I'm the one that this guy try to screw, he send me pictures of corns that he even don't have claiming that they are his corns and even giving me info that Bill have on his Web page in references to the last year clutches for the 2 females. He only apology because he was caught lying. Imaging if I say OK and this guy send me what ever bull..... he has. But he pick up the wrong guy, I was dealing with Bill and checking the corns that he have available in his Web page for the last couple days and I know all Bill pictures.

Suncoast Herpetological
10-23-2003, 06:18 PM
I have to agree that this was a premeditated attempt to blatantly rip someone off. The stealing of the photos, representing those specific animals as his, it is attempted theft plain and simple.

I, for one, would like to see the perpetrators name included in the header for this thread so that if anyone tries to run a check on this weasel it comes up on a search

WebSlave
10-23-2003, 07:59 PM
I, for one, would like to see the perpetrators name included in the header for this thread so that if anyone tries to run a check on this weasel it comes up on a search

Done!

HerpVenue
10-24-2003, 12:38 PM
as of this writing....
That e-mail addy seems to be no longer valid

Suncoast Herpetological
10-24-2003, 01:11 PM
Gee...that's a surprise. The guy will undoubtedly surface somewhere under another name. Once a weasel, always a weasel