PDA

View Full Version : Top Shelf Exotics

WaGuy82
10-24-2003, 04:18 AM
Just wanted to post my experience with Chris from Top Shelf Exotics. My first transaction with him was for 3 baby bearded dragons. My second transaction with him was for a pair of prehensile tailed skinks.

Chris was always patient and answered all my questions promptly. His animals are great. As I type, my prehensile tailed skinks are slowly waking up. The female is possibly gravid, I will probably find out in a month or two. The bearded dragons are all doing well. He even went out of his way to sex the three I wanted when he was selling them as unsexed babies.

I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Chris@TSE
10-24-2003, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the kind words! :)

Chris@TSE
10-24-2003, 04:02 PM
Also, feel free to forward pictures of your new additions in their new habbitats to sales@topshelfexotics.com

We will be creating a new members gallery on our site displaying photographs of specimens in thier new homes that our customers have purchased from us in the past. Each picture can be accompanied by a short description written by the owner of the photograph.

I hope the female produces for you, Sounds exciting! :)

Take care.

CMGREPTILES
10-24-2003, 09:31 PM
JUST GOTTA SAY THE FEMALES I BOUGHT FROM CHRIS WERE W.C. AND FOR ME AT THIS TIME OF THE YEAR ITS THE BEST INVESTMENT CAUSE THEY ARE ALREADY READY TO BREED IN THE WILD IN THESE MONTHS SO THERE IS NO HARD WORK. I HAVE 6 GIRLS THAT I BOUGHT ABOUT A MONTH OR SO AGO BRED OR BREEDING TO MY PASTELS AS WE SPEAK AND LOVE THE ANIMALS I PICKED UP. CHRIS YOU ARE A CLASS ACT TO DEAL WITH AND WE THANK YOU AND HOPE TO WORK WITH YOU AGAIN IN THE NEAR FUTURE. OH YEA 5 OUT OF 6 GIRLS FED ON THEIR FIRST FEEDINGS HERE AND NOW IM 6 FOR 6 IN THE PAST 3 FEEDINGS, IM LOVIN IT

THANKS SO VERY MUCH
CHRIS GUIDA
CMG REPTILES

Chris@TSE
10-24-2003, 10:08 PM
Awesome, glad we could assist you Chris. Remember us when you got some of those hets available ;)

Take care!

Zoo Supply
10-24-2003, 10:23 PM
Figured since people were posting on chris, i would give my 2 cents.

I have done one deal with Chris, and although I am just starting up my end of the biz, I have been in the industry for some time. Payment was received as we planned animals were shipped out and the deal went smoothly. My only prob was I couldn't get ahold of you before I went on vacation to NY to sell you some more.

All in all smooth transaction which is what we all want anyways,
Thanks for the business Chris,
TOM
Zoological Supply

Chris@TSE
10-27-2003, 02:53 AM
Thanks Tom!

Yeah, by the time I got the message you had left it was too late. :(

Thanks again.. The order went well!

MGReptiles
10-29-2004, 11:34 PM
I havent had the chance to buy from Chris YET be he has bought from me and everything was smooth as silk..I wouldent hesitate to buy an animal from him at all..
Matt Graybeal

Chris@TSE
10-29-2004, 11:35 PM
Thanks for thek ind words Matt.... Looking forward to testing out those new Johnson thermostats you're offering.

Zoo Supply
10-29-2004, 11:52 PM
Since matt resurfaced this thread I have to agree about Chris and the Topshelf exotics staff,
I have since ordered more animals and have received nothing but the best from everyone there.
My last order was a ten lot of assorted cresteds, and Chris went out of his way to drop ship the animals, on my customers schedule, they praised the way the animals were shipped, arriving exactly when they were supposed to and packaged very professionally.

There are less and less people and companies in this industry like Chris and topshelf, they are an asset to all of us, and I will not hesitate to buy from them again.
I highly recommend them.

pamelajh
10-30-2004, 01:59 PM
I am a new member and it's great to be able to view who is legitimate and who isn't. If I don't get everything I want at the next reptile show in B'ham, AL in Nov. I'll be going to this guy too.

Thanks all for your posts,

Pam Havard
Huntsville, AL

Chris@TSE
10-30-2004, 11:05 PM
Thank you pam, we look forward to having you as a customer as well!

TomO
10-31-2004, 12:29 AM
As with others posting here, my experience with Chris at Top Shelf was very positive. My regius was very well packed; in a new bag, in a new box with new insulation and well padded. I won't hesitate to buy from him again.

Tom Odendaal

Chris@TSE
10-31-2004, 03:07 AM
Thanks Tom, we try to use new packaging on all shipments, but dont get me wrong, recycling expensive insulated boxes is part of our normal shipping procedures as well. We do not charge any handling box or packaging fees to our customers so we do our best to make sure everything shipped is secure, well packaged, and safe. Insulated containers can be quite pricey, so some are re-used from time to time.

Glad you enjoyed your experience with us, enjoy your new BP!

thomas davis
11-01-2004, 11:18 AM
top shelf exotics, i had a great trade deal w/chris and all went flawless, great comunication during the whole transaction, top shelf is top-notch;) ,,,,thomas davis

Chris@TSE
11-01-2004, 12:23 PM
Thanks Tom! It was a pleasure doing business with you!

Clay Davenport
11-10-2004, 02:21 AM
I bought a couple of WC female balls from Chris last week.
We didn't even exchange emails, not much need for questions with WC girls, you know what they are. I sent some money and snakes arrived. Great service.
Both females ate within two days of arrival. For wild caught, these are great quality.
You see a lot of sellers just puching the WC snakes through as fast as possible and it's nice to get some that aren't still jet lagged from the trip.

MGReptiles
11-10-2004, 05:02 PM
Just finished my second transaction with Chris. He is the real deal! Thanks for the nice Adult Balls and the excellent service. I be back for sure..
-Matt Graybeal

Chris@TSE
11-11-2004, 04:04 PM
Thanks Clay, thanks Matt, Always a pleasure!

serrasalmus
11-11-2004, 08:02 PM
Chris is a SON OF A...........

Juuuuuuuuuuust kidding. Chris has been absolutely wonderful. I'd been out of the leopard gecko scene for almost 7 years, when Chris shows me these pictures of Super Hypomelanistic Carrot Tails. I had never seen anything so breathtaking in gecko form, so I immediately forked over the cash. This was in August. I was seriously injured in August from one of my freshwater stingrays. I told him, "Hey, not going to be able to take these, you want to send the cash back so that you won't have to feed them?" Not only did he say that he would feed them, but the son of a gun has the nerve to send me teaser videos of my 1.5's on his shoulder, chowing, etc.......... I have never experienced such service from any sort of animal dealer. Chris cares about much more than just money obviously........ This is someone who cares deeply about the welfare of his animals, and equally as deeply about the welfare of his customers.

Chris is part of a dying breed of herp sellers these days: ones that care about much more than just money.

If you don't do business with Chris, I can honestly say that you are missing out. Do not hesitate to buy from him in the slightest.

Joshua H Smick

Chris@TSE
11-11-2004, 09:05 PM
thanks Josh....

Joshua is one of our consultants and partners in the aquatics end of our business, which should be growing in the upcoming months.

I'm slowly yet surely luring him back to the dark side however :)

serrasalmus
11-12-2004, 12:08 AM
Yeah, you managed to pull over a grand out of a poor starving (yet still pleasantly fat) college student to get back into the dark side............ *grumble*

Ahhhhhh well, I guess waxworms and mealworms will once again reside next to my soy sauce and roast beef.

acebrumfield
11-12-2004, 10:35 PM
Chris
Did me a good deal on a 100% het albino male. No complaints here.

Jonathan Brumfield

Chris@TSE
11-13-2004, 04:34 PM
anytime... :beer:

crystalthomas
11-20-2004, 01:45 PM
I just bought 2.2 100% Het for Clown Ball Pythons from Chris and everything went flawlessly. I only received them yesterday but each one has already taken a meal this afternoon!! I am very happy with how this transaction went and I would recommend Top Shelf Exotics to everyone I know! :D

newherper
11-20-2004, 05:20 PM
oh man,his good reputation and good prices are hard to resist!!!!

Chris@TSE
11-20-2004, 05:56 PM
LOL, um... thanks... :D

Neverending
11-21-2004, 12:26 AM
I received my 0.3 cb baby balls from Topshelf on Nov.3rd.

They have been flawless eaters!

Thanks Chris !

Chris@TSE
11-23-2004, 12:22 AM
Anytime! :)