PDA

View Full Version : Robert Heard... Anyone heard of this man?

emroul
10-31-2003, 12:36 AM
I was supposed to do a trade with him, his BRB for my ball python, we communicated wonderfully throughout the entire process. We had agreed that he ship out first, and when I received it, I would ship mine out. We communicated all the way up until his last email to me, which CLEARLY stated, "yes i will ship out today (monday) and you will have it before 10:30 tuesday morning". Then, Tuesday morning comes around, no package. I emailed him after that, no response.

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with him, and maybe something just came up where he could not ship, or communicate? (I'm not necissarily one to judge, just want to know if I'm wasting my time). I have contact information if needed.

Thank you,
Jennifer

Raaarj2
11-01-2003, 02:28 AM
Yes I have that's me lol calm down i sorry that i didn't email you but i am in the process of moving which came up out of nowhere BTW i'm getting a half lot for my BRB and a uro which is worth 225 the half of lot of balls are only 200 :D :D :D so since this came through i will not be trading you for your one sorry just business Thanks

gila7150
11-01-2003, 06:00 AM
So you were too busy with the sudden move to ship the animals or email Jennifer and tell her you had changed your mind but you had time to work out another deal for more money?
....very nice
Jennifer, sounds like you are better off having this deal fall through.

emroul
11-01-2003, 10:13 AM
Yeah, thanks for letting me know...

I'm just going to keep the BP's for now...thanks anyway Robert.

Jennifer

John Apple
11-01-2003, 10:19 AM
Robert and Jennifer
Is it just me or are there no full names in your posts
this is a rule here
;)

emroul
11-01-2003, 11:42 AM
Robert Heard of Carol Stream Illinois and Jennifer Cox of Gilbert, Arizona :)

CFoley
11-01-2003, 11:55 AM
Robert Heard...Ive never heard of him. Im glad I havent. I couldn't care less if a deal 50x's better came across. He made a deal, and should have completed it, and followed it through.

Robert...Its not "just business." If it is just business in your eyes, its because your "bad business." You may have good animals, you may be a good person, but that was completely rude and inapropriate to promise a shipping date, not respond, lie about having no time (I know you were so busy, that other deal just completed itself with none of your time....).

Thats bad business. Dont feel too bad Jennifer.

Raaarj2
11-01-2003, 04:47 PM
So is this jump on Robert day if any of you were in my shoes you will know my situation I'm not a bad guy it's just like if you go to trade in your car and they say you can get a ford then two days later another dealer calls who responed before you got the ford and said you can get the bmw you can't tell me that you wouldn't get the bmw over the ford no offense jennifer but i thought we were trading my BRB and mali for your TWO balls but when you said you were shipping one i wanted it but keep shopping around i"m not trying to get a bad rep/rap here i looking forward to the future i've talked with kevin from N.E.R.D my pictureis on Ralph Davis commuinty page and dealt with many other Sorry you Guys and Jennifer Thanks

emroul
11-01-2003, 06:52 PM
Ok, well just to let you know I never said anything about your uro or trading you BOTH of my females. (I have email quotes as proof): "Here are the pictures of the two females, tell me which one you prefer."

The least you could have done was let me know after I emailed you asking why the package had not arrived to my home yet. If you were so busy moving, how did you make a whole new 'better' deal with some other person? I took more then 1/2 my day off work just to sit around and wait for a package that wasn't even out for delivery. Don't you think there is something wrong with that? If you aren't a bad guy, you wouldn't have 'almost' screwed me over.

Jennifer

Wilomn
11-01-2003, 07:01 PM
I am starting to smell tuna here.

Jennifer, please post all the emails between you two so we can see for ourselves what was agreed to or not.

raaaj2, it's a principle thing. If you make a deal, whether it's for a ford or a bmw, you should stick to that deal. Unless of course your word, and therefore personal honor, mean NOTHING to you. So far you come out lacking in many ways here so perhaps you should post what you have as well. If your word isn't good with Jennifer why should anyone else think it would be good with them? See the point here?

Let's see what you guys have here because one of you is certainly looking bad in my book and I'd like some proof before I ink you in.

Wes Pollock

Wilomn
11-01-2003, 07:03 PM
Full names are needed here on every post. Please comply with this rule.

Wes Pollock

Raaarj2
11-01-2003, 07:28 PM
I told you guys I'm sorry didn't mean to rub you guys the wrong way I didn't know you gonna stay home a half a day SORRY how many times do i have to say it i'm calling truse i waving my white flag here guys what do you want me to do how do you post emails anyways at first i ask you did you want to trade for your balls then somewhere down the line towards the end we did starttalking about one and i amitt that i did say let me pic one i just read my email to you once again Sorry everyone asks like they never made a mistake in there life well in this "hobby" i can say i made my first what can i do to stay out of everyone bad guy book i don't want to get into something i can't get out BTW i love this HOBBY LET KNOW Jennifer SORRY and everybody else reading these post

Raaarj2
11-01-2003, 07:33 PM
TO all reading these posts watch and see me how i prove my WORD by selling quailty balls not to sound like i got my head up my butt but i guess i have to show you guys i'm not a bad guy

W.Wedeking
11-01-2003, 07:39 PM
Before anyone goes any further, would both Jennifer and Robert either add their full names (first and last) to their signature blocks so your posts do not get deleted. It is the rule here on fauna especially the way this thread is heading.

Wilomn
11-01-2003, 07:40 PM
The name in every post. It's not hard.

If you want to get some respect then YOU need to make it right with Jennifer. Work out something that makes you BOTH happy, do it and then both of you post the results. Then it can be chalked up to a mistake and not a bad guy in the making. If you don't make your customer, Jennifer, happy now, why should any of us think you would in the future.

Call her. Email her is even better, then you have a written record of what you two decide. Make her happy and I'll give you the benifit of the doubt.

Wes Pollock

Raaarj2
11-01-2003, 07:46 PM
Cool i'll do that Thanks

The BoidSmith
11-01-2003, 07:50 PM
Wes,

Don't you think we should read the e-mail exchange before attempting to tell Robert what he should do? One of the two was having a great deal at the expense of the other. Was the trade a normal baby BRB vs a normal baby female ball python? If that's the case we are talking $170 shipped vs. $70 respectively. If it was an adult BRB vs an adult female ball python we are talking $150 vs $300 respectively. I would like to see what was sais here first.

Thanks.

Raaarj2
11-01-2003, 08:02 PM
TEll me how to send my email and i will at first i asked if she would like to trade a Baby Brazilian Boa and a mali uro for two baby balls then i don't remember how it came to be only one but i think she just wanted to trade just the brb for the ball like you said that not even comparible but that's not the case cause i traded with C&R aquatics a hogg island for the brb so it was a even swap the two snake are about the same price i'm not slow i will not trade or give you something way under value for something that sells for a little of nothing thanks tell me how to send my emails and i will

Raaarj2
11-01-2003, 08:05 PM
OH in the emails i didn't say two but i said DO YOU WANT TO TRADE A BRB AND A MALI FOR YOUR BALLS ( meaning the two see had left)

Raaarj2
11-01-2003, 08:06 PM
OH just to lett everyone know i'll get back to this later it's my birthday at midnight 11/02 time to drink up oh did want anyone to think i'm running cause im not

kingborg
11-01-2003, 08:24 PM
still smells fishy

kingborg
11-01-2003, 08:26 PM
hit send before i was ready heh he still has not complied with the rules of adding his FULL name to his posts.

Wilomn
11-01-2003, 09:21 PM
Hey Alvaro.

I did read the emails and that is why I thought it would be good for them both to post what they had. However, it is not my place to say this is a trade you should or should not make to anyone. Maybe he really needed the balls and got the BRB at a killer price. If it was worth it to him to make the deal that's good enough. It is though my place and yours and anyones elses who wants to contribute their opinoin about what trust is, about what principles are and also what integrity is. If he made the deal, if it was a "done" deal, then it matters not one whit what the deal was.

Then raaj2 wanted to know what he could do to make it right and he said that he made the mistake. He admitted it. He seems to want to make it right. That could be as easy as sending Jennifer a baby next season when his balls hatch to whatever else they agree on. That's up to them.

Wes Pollock

Adam Block
11-01-2003, 09:52 PM
Robert, you're okay...

What you did was inconsiderate, rude, a pain in the behind for Jennifer not to mention a waste of time. It was also not a very good business practice, but the key here is, did you learn from it?

I've sold snakes to people based on word and turned down much higher offers after because I gave my word. I've advertised snakes with free shipping and had people offer to pay for shipping and made sure to tell them again it was free.

Do business on a handshake, stay true to your word and if you say you're going to do a deal, get it done.

I bought 1.2 situla three years ago, I'd paid half of it off and found a house my wife and I wanted. That wasn't the breeders issue so I sold the snakes paid for what was still owed and had them just ship to the person that bought from me (of course they knew how the deal worked).

I've let people down a few times myself, easy to do, things come up. Just be sure to learn from it.

My thought, he's got the point, let's lay off...

Ken Harbart
11-01-2003, 09:55 PM
Folks, it is imperative that you either put your full name in your signature line, add it to your profile, or manually type it out in each and every new reply on the BOI.

Of these options, the first two are easiest, and can both be done via the User Control Panel... just click on the User CP link near the top left side of the page, and then on the "Edit Profile" tab.

Wilomn
11-01-2003, 09:58 PM
No adam, I don't know that he's gotten the point and your mistakes are not his nor do they have any relevance in this thread.

If and when he makes it right that will be the time to lay off. I don't think he's gotten it that hard anyway.

Let's see what he does and then go from there but I still smell fish.

Jennifer if you could post those emails it would be appreciated. Same for you raaaj2.

Wes Pollock

The BoidSmith
11-01-2003, 10:13 PM
Wes,

Then you are ahead of the game. I never read what was said and what was agreed upon.

Let me start by saying that Robert was wrong by not letting Jennifer know the deal was off. No ifs or buts.

But let me also state that if both snakes and the uro were healthy and well represented, the trade he was about to make was terrible. A BRB and an uro traded for two baby ball pythons??? He was down $100 easily. Although that should not excuse him, I bet it did play a part in his poor decision.

Regards.

JungleHabitats
11-01-2003, 10:17 PM
ok first if you AGREE to a deal no matter what that deal is there are a few things to do.This buisness /hobby is all based on your word and your actions. If you agree to a deal there is no reason excuse for not following through with that deal w/o proper correspondence:
Ex: You wanted to trade you BRB & Uro for her Ball and told her the next day you would ship and have it there by 10:30 the next day.
so if you got a better offer the right thing to do is refuse it seeing as you had made a promise of your word to jennifer
Its not very plauseable that in your hasty move you had time to make a better deal and not contact her of this better deal to allow her the chance to offer the 2nd ball if she wanted to or then tell you thats ok i am not interested

Now if the shoe was on your foot and you had made a deal with her of something you wanted and was under the idea that that trade item was going to be there the next morning so you take off work to await for this package to come in and then it doesnt show how would you have felt ?

see in this buisness as any other a happy customer can be a very good resource.... but a unhappy / jipped one will ruin you really fast . In the future if you make a deal i would strongly suggest you follow through w/ it or contatct the proposed other party to alert them of your descision and aloow them to counter offer or decline your trade ... but even with that it can still leave your deal posted here due to the fact if you do not post that you will be accepting better deals before going through with the deal to feel out better offers.

so i guess this ramble will end with saying always hold to what you tell someone and if you loose out on a better deal chaulk it up to the cost of doing trades ..

kingborg
11-01-2003, 11:32 PM
once u make an agreement u must stick to it. if not then you dont get trusted again.

Raaarj2
11-02-2003, 12:35 AM
Can someone please tell me how to post my emails Thanks OH i just thought i will say this i could be one of those guy who doesn't care what any of you say and just go to shows two to three states from where i live and sell quality balls on the spot but i'm not because i will like to known for honesty and quality all over the states i emailed jennifer and she hasn't emailed me back yet and lets say i was in her shoes then I say moved and make another deal else where but that's me it's not gonna stop cause one deal didn't go through Thanks

kingborg
11-02-2003, 12:51 AM
as the op has requested and is a rule of the forum?

Adam Block
11-02-2003, 05:47 AM
Robert, you had me on your side, I mean, I think we should all let one slide here and there. You made an uneducated choice, found out you were getting the short end and backed out. Fact is, until the money is there anything can happen and people back out.

There is no reason to lynch Robert as if he just stole some money or didn't ship, or shipped a sick snake. He's not a bad guy for backing out of a deal. Maybe he's rude and so on for not informing her, that would have been the adult thing to do but I think it's safe to say Robert is in his teens, maybe 20, 22 and much more prone to make a mistake like this.

However, you lost me when you can't EVEN POST YOUR FULL NAME!!

POST YOUR FULL NAME!!!

POST YOUR FULL NAME!!!

It's the rules of the board and you've been asked 15 times at least!

Very EASY!! POST YOUR FULL NAME!!

John Apple
11-02-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Ken Harbart
Folks, it is imperative that you either put your full name in your signature line, add it to your profile, or manually type it out in each and every new reply on the BOI.

Of these options, the first two are easiest, and can both be done via the User Control Panel... just click on the User CP link near the top left side of the page, and then on the "Edit Profile" tab.

How hard is this????
full names Robert and Jen.

Also when you verbalise or say that your gonna deal or buy something ...do it or let the other party know of your intentions if you change your mind..............simple ? ....thought so

Raaarj2
11-02-2003, 09:52 AM
Just writing this to see if my name shows up

Raaarj2
11-02-2003, 10:15 AM
all i'm saying is were human and we make mistakes that's all and for the people who keep saying i made a better deal in the process while moving i know you are reading the posts but you still don't know the whole story everyone is just going off the posts i could of swear this deal has been going on for a week or at least three days but it was like she was rushing me she was like are you shipping!!! are you shipping!!! are you shipping!!! cause she knew she was getting a heck of a deal i wanted to think about it but i'm sorry i didn't let jennifer cox know i was wrong I've dealt with big name breeders before and they know i'm not a bad cause i made a mistake i won't even call it a mistake i'll just say a lack of commuincationand all i can say is I'll prove myself and i'll tell my customers to come here and read these posts then i'll tell them my side and see where it goes from there Thanks

dwedeking
11-02-2003, 10:35 AM
you still don't know the whole story everyone is just going off the posts

You think? All we have to go off of is your posts and they are making you sound weak (not a personal attack but that is the persona you are putting forth to everyone).

While I don't think your actions make you a bad guy in league with those companies/persons that steal and make out and out illegal deals, you are not coming across as a person I would want to work a trade with. This is what the BOI is for, to give us an idea of the people we would DESIRE doing business with in this hobby. Saying you are shipping a live animal and then not is extremely wrong (whether it's a trade, sale or gift) without communicating it to the other side. Personally, if you say your going to do something and fail to follow through for other than emergency reasons it is pretty weak in my book.

Raaarj2
11-02-2003, 11:12 AM
OK heres my life for two seconds First God Then My Family but anyways i work to 5,6,7p.m. and have liitle to no time for my personal affairs but here's what happened i'm in the process of moving and my father-in-law was gonna get me a rental truck so i'm trying to hurry up and get home so unfortunely we tried for two days to get a rental i would leave work at 5 drive for 30min to get home go get him and the place would be close so by this time my head is not in my head i forgot about the deal we made then all of a sudden and i have to be out by the first so i end up loading a basically whole truck by myself i was sleepy my brain was not working write and so on i come to my in-laws come here and i see my name up on the form it was funny cause i forgot to send the brb and the uro well at that time i didn't know jennifer cox would start this whole fuss well see did i mean i know now to stick to my word but you live and you learnif you make a mistake on your job do you get fired no you learn from that mistake and move on i'm just now starting to get into this hobby well trading and selling i've been buying for a while but i'm sorry Thanks

Raaarj2
11-02-2003, 11:16 AM
I'm trying to edit that post but it won't let me i just put some words in the wrong spot

Adam Block
11-02-2003, 05:04 PM
Robert, just drop it. You messed up and it won't happen again. Let the guy off the hook, he didn't follow through on a deal, he learned from it and that was the first, last and only time it will happen.

Come on, this is about a 1 on a 1-10 scale of thing to get on somebodies case about. The crappy thing you did Robert was not telling Jen, don't be wishy washy, make up your mind and stick to it. If you find out later you're getting the very short end of the stick call up and re-do the deal so it's more fair ot let the other party know you can't do it.

Raaarj2
11-02-2003, 07:17 PM
Cool I learned my lesson and it won't happen again Thanks Adam