PDA

View Full Version : David Beckely. Scam

The BoidSmith
10-31-2003, 07:46 PM
Here is one of the usual internet scams tried this week in response to an old ad I had posted in ReptilesPark:

His first e-mail:

Hello
My name is david beckely am from New zealand,am interested in purchasing your python in which i will like to know the actual price of it and its present condition,bcoz i want to ship to london and i will be paying by a cashier check in respect of my client.
Reply ASAP

My reply (at this point I wanted to know how far he would go with his "trick or treat"):

David,

I have three nice looking female balls. They are all eating heavily on mice and weighing in the 100+ g range. I can sell them for $150 shipped.

His reply:

Hey daniel,
which ones do you have left name them including thier prices and let me know ASAP.
David

I did not reply to that one. But then he goes again at it, and now I know it is definitely a scam (I never send pictures and never replied to the second e-mail):

Hi Dan,
Thanks for the pics, i will like to buy 3 of the female and that would be $150 right? And i am sending $3000 in which you deduct your sales and wire my international shipper the outstanding balance (via western union) and after that my shipper will come over for the pick without giving you stress,there will be need for your Full name and Address for the payment.
So now i will need your trust in this transaction God bless.
David

Here is my address. Now I want to know where he is at and who is he going to use as "broker":

No problem. Please send me the complete information of your shipper (name, address, phone number) as I will need to provide it to UPS in order to ship the pythons. I'm pretty sure UPS will be able to assure an overnight (by 10:30 am) delivery but I need to check with them first. Please provide me also with your complete information, name, address, and where do you want the balance to be sent. Rest assured it will be sent out the same day the pythons are shipped.

His reply:

Hey Dan,
Send you information and phone number for the payment ga
David

My reply

It wouldn't be fair to you without knowing first if I can compromise an overnight delivery of the pythons, it's getting quite cold here. Please send me the information of your broker and I'll contact him. Rest assured that the balance of $2850 will be sent as soon as I receive your instructions. Where do you want it send? Is it a bank money order OK?

Stay tuned ;)

Suncoast Herpetological
10-31-2003, 08:53 PM
Keep the weasel going as long as you can Alvaro. The least these parasites can do is provide us with some entertainment

The BoidSmith
10-31-2003, 09:07 PM
John,

I'll do my best. At a certain point in time he will have to provide me with his info so I can "wire" the balance. One other thing. When he says:

And i am sending $3000 in which you deduct your sales and wire my international shipper the outstanding balance (via western union) and after that my shipper will come over for the pick without giving you stress,there will be need for your Full name and Address for the payment.

Who in his right mind will send a shipper to pick up 3 ball pythons that are being offered for $150 shipped! It's even hilarious! :D

Robin OBrien
11-01-2003, 01:13 AM
Reptile park and a couple other places I use are heavily relied on by these scammers I guess. I get these e-mails every time I place an ad. I used to go along with them just for fun, but it got boring. I have a whole collection of these bogus cashiers checks up on my wall in the computer room. They send them overnight fedex, so at least I was costing them some money. I have not answered any of them for a while though........Robin

The BoidSmith
11-01-2003, 01:23 PM
and I should have him spent at least some money. But take a look at his last e-mail. At least now I know he is in Italy and his actual name could be Robert Paul Davies.

His message:

----- Original Message -----
To: Alvaro Daniel Garcia
Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2003 12:05 PM
Subject: URGENT WAITI................SHIPPER'S INFOMATION.

Hello mr Dan,
Thanks for your mail, i am very much happy you really serious in this deal and you are so cooperative to the business.

This is the information i want you to wire the money to my shipper today,so he can start the preparation to come and pickup the python okay.Here is the information i have told my shipper to waiting for the money today like you said in the mail you will wire him the money and he has come and wait for the funds to be send to him today so he can start the preparation.

I will be very happy if the shipper will get the funds today , because his gonna start the quick preparation coming over for the pickup.

Here is the information to wire the money to him:
NAME:DAVIES ROBERT PAUL
ADDRESS:800 CRESEST SPECIAL ROAD.
CITY:MANTOVA
Ookay thier are the information to send the money.

Next the instruction you requested for ,is as this.
as soon as you send the money to my shipper quickly get back to me with the westernunion detail which you use to send the money okay.

Here is the email you can contact my shipper's email: davies_rpgoodshipping@jojomail.com

okay here is the informations you needed please i wait for your response with the detail after you have send the money.
thanks

David.............

My reply:

Hello David,

You lost me a little here. Your shipper is going to come over to pick up the pythons (in the US), I need to send him the outstanding balance to Italy, but you reside and will eventually receive the ball pythons in New Zealand? Am I understanding this right?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Albert Einstin's quote: "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." ;)

Regards.

Robin OBrien
11-01-2003, 06:13 PM
This is one of the first ones I got a check from. As you can see I was selling him an animal that does not exist. He inquired about something that was already sold, so I replied that I had this nice pair of "Ellens" for sale, LOL

Subj: Re: Ellen Gesioans
Date: 5/28/03 10:50:54 AM Pacific Daylight Time
To: Robinreneobrien@cs.com

Hello Robin,
you should be expecting the cheque TODAY via fedex and after cashing the cheque ,you'll have to send the balance VIA MONEYGRAM MONEY TRANSFER to my manager:

UCHE KALU
964 PRINCE MOORE BLVD
IKOYI, LAGOS 23401
NIGERIA .

don't forget to email the transfer details after it has been done to me it should include the test question and answer as well as the REFERENCE # and the actual amount sent among others .this is to enable pay my shipper ASAP so the Ellen Gesioans can be picked up.I'll be emailing the outlet to do the transfer to you also .

Below is an international money gram outlet near you.you can go wire the remaining funds their.my shippers will be coming immediately to pick it up.
WAL-MART #2320
901 ROW RIVER RD
COTTAGE GROVE, OR 97424
541-942-4600
Regards,

Robert.

gila7150
11-01-2003, 07:15 PM
That is funny as hell!

The BoidSmith
11-01-2003, 07:27 PM
This guy is getting even bolder. Now he asks me to send out the balance to his shipper in Italy first ($2,850) first, so the shipper can come to the US to pick-up three ball pythons, that are going to be shipped to New Zealand! I'm still playing him along, but soon I will e-mail him the info to this thread.

thanks for quick mail,just take the shipper infromation to the bank they can send the money to the information since the name to identify the owner is presented on the information they will be able to send the cash to the shipper.

if the transaction should be done by bank accout it will, take some days before the shipper can get the funds, and this can cause a delay by collecting the funds.
So i advice you take the information to the bank and they will send the funds to my shipper through westernunion, please make sure you take the information to the bank today so that the money will be ready for my shipper today.thanks

David...............

geckosunlimited
11-02-2003, 03:39 AM
After you finish this legit transaction, I have a nice pair of "Linear Phase" (no, not Phase Linear) speakers for you. I had some extras from a job that I did and will sell them to you for a great price (out of the back of my unmarked, heavily tinted van). Hehe!

biff
11-02-2003, 07:10 AM
...i certainly hope no one actually gets taken by these scams...

I'm not really sure I could feel even a little bit sorry for someone who buys into a scam like this...

But I truly hope you rake this guy over the coals as much as you can.

The BoidSmith
11-02-2003, 12:19 PM
Well, he was finally exposed. Got to greedy and forgot which computer he was sending messages from. The guy is definitely from Mantova, Italy.

His message:

Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2003 1:46 PM
Subject: Get back to me asap.............

thanks for quick mail,just take the shipper infromation to the bank they can send the money to the information since the name to identify the owner is presented on the information they will be able to send the cash to the shipper.

if the transaction should be done by bank accout it will, take some days before the shipper can get the funds, and this can cause a delay by collecting the funds.
So i advice you take the information to the bank and they will send the funds to my shipper through westernunion, please make sure you take the information to the bank today so that the money will be ready for my shipper today.thanks

David...............

Another message after I requested his shipper to contact me with complete info:

Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2003 9:21 AM
Subject: Get back to me asap.............

Hello mr dan,
thanks for your quick response ,i am happy to had you have contact my shipper regarding this deal.This is a good idea you have done.Thanks for that.

I love how you have talk to him,he just contact me also just to confirm your email to me.And he said his sorry he will send you the zip code in the next 1 hour please as soon as you confirm this try as much as possible to contact so i get ready to inform him so that, he should go to the westernunion outlet and receive the funds which you will send to him.And immediately start the preparation to come over for the pickup okay.thanks for your understandng .

thanks
David.....................

Another one giving again his name and address (I asked for a phone number as this name and address will not show up in Mantova's white pages):

Hi Mr Dan,
thanks you for your mail you send yesterday, i am sorry i didn't get back to you earlier due because i contact my manager concerning the zip code you ask for .And i also mail to mr david who inform i will come for the pickup , so i was told to wait the funds yesterday and i qiuckly gave you the information to send the money yesterday but you got back to me asking the zip code actually i have talk to my manager now and he said you should send the money to the given information , no problem tyhe money will be receive as far as the name is identify. so this is the information once again i want you to go ahead ans send the money to the information:NAME: DAVIES ROBERT PAUL
MANTOVA,ITALY.
Here is the information to send ,you are free t send the funds to the information given to you and as soon as you send the money to the information.I hope you will mail mr david beckely with the details ,and i will be waiting to hear from him soon
kindly...............

Al last the mistake. He gets confused with his multiple personality. He e-mails from his own account (Beckely) stating that Mr. Davies (he should have said Mr. Beckely as he is Mr. Davis) has contacted him.

Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2003 10:17 AM
Subject: Waiting for the westernunion details.............

Hi mr Dan,
Mr. davies robert paul,just send me a mail on the mail to infrm also just to go ahead and send the money to the given name and the location.
As soon as you are done by sending the funds, just mail me back with the details.
thanks..........
God Bless you.............

Kindly,

Python Dreams
11-02-2003, 06:19 PM
Daniel,
I have to admit that I cannot wait to see how this all works out... I'm rolling with laughter in my chair over here.. :-) Good job messing with a scammer and keeping us all entertained at the same time...
Tom Baker

Monte
11-02-2003, 06:58 PM
. . . I serve as a college/campus pastor in the midwest, and people like this send similar things to my church all the time. It isn't with reptiles though, but with "mission start money." Usually, it's way, way bigger money - last one was over a million, and, of course, they want some sent back.

It's sad.

Keep'em going if you can. They deserve a special place you know where.

The BoidSmith
11-02-2003, 09:26 PM
Another e-mail received today. Check the zip code.

Hello mr dan,
thanks for your quick mail, i have contact the shipper to confirm the reqeust :this is the given zip code and the name again: NAME: DAVIES ROBERT PAUL
: MANTOVA, IT 46100

THIS IS THE ZIP CODE YOU REQUESTED TO SEND THE FUNDS PLEASE I WILL BE EXPECTING NOW TO SEE THE DETAIL OF THE WESTERNUNION OKAY. AND HOW ARE THE PYTHON I HOPE ALL IS WELL, DON'T WORRY AS SOON AS YOU SEND THE FUNDS , THE ARRAIVAL OF MY SHIPPER SHALL PROCEEDED FOR THE PICKUP.

THANKS.

DAVID.........

Followed by this one (it seems he gave it a second thought about giving the first name and zip code, so he went for a second one.

Hi
this is the zip code 60401,and again he said he will not be arround for the pick so his assitance will come PASCAL ONCYEUKWU put it on the information given to you.

Kindly

David

Monte, you know what upsets me most though? Being a Christian myself the use of "God Bless you" at the end of his message (my apologies to those who use it and really mean it). In the past I have seen way too many bad guys using this blessing at the end of their ads.

Kindly.

Suncoast Herpetological
11-03-2003, 10:13 AM
Alvaro

Have you ever actually received the cashiers check? Or is this rodent actually expecting you to send him the difference first?

The BoidSmith
11-03-2003, 10:32 AM
John,

No, I never gave him my address. He is actually expecting me to send him $2,850 upfront. It's short of pathetic. Now he "changed shippers", and he is asking me to send the money to London instead! Check the name on the last e-mail (this morning), it seems like a Nigerian scam to me.

Hello Mr.Dan,
Thanks for your quick response to my email concerning the shipper confirmation.please i will not like you to lost the interest in this transaction cause i can see is the shipper trying to bring some confusion in this transaction , like yesterday he just told me his not going to be around for the pickup as quick as i want,that he is going to instruct his partner that also work with him to come for the pickup.Which i have not even knows before,so how can i trust him to come for the pickup of the python.

I want to tell you i have get a new and good shipper so to now make the transaction quicken now so now i have disagreed with his idea about the other partner his to send to come over.Now i will not like any thing to disturb the conclusion of this transaction i have desided to contact a new shipper who also work for my shipping, i can trust him and he is very good in shipping and he has also promise to do the best to complete this transaction in time.i have collect all is information to send the money and also to conatct him on his mail.

Here is his contact information to send the money:
FOLAKE IBUKUN
61A LOWER CLAPTON RD,
CLAPTON, LONDON
E5 ONS.

And also the contact email:mailto.Fibukunperfectshipping@graffiti.net

As soon as you are donbe with the wiring transfer just email with the detail of the westernunion okay.

Thanks.

Best regard to you.

David.........................

If I have time today I would like to check the London white pages to see if this is a real address. It has to be if they want me to send cash over there.

Regards,

Bci Joe
11-03-2003, 02:38 PM
Deffinately keep it up with this imbecile.
It deffinately is the Nigerian Scam, regarded as the #1-#3 biggest internet scam ever!
Keep having him send you those fake money orders with his fingerprints all over them, and have him keep emailing you from all those different ISP's... while you're at it, send him a fake money order or a stack of monopoly money!
We have to get these idiots GOOD!!!
Wasting their time and money is the lest we can do to repay them for what they have done to us!
Keep it going!

take care - Joe

The BoidSmith
11-03-2003, 03:35 PM
Joe and others,

At this point I don't think they even read the e-mails sent to them. It seems as if was some sort of a computer generated reply. Look at my message to him (them?) below and read their reply in bold.

Hello mr dan,

Awaiting to hear from you,and also the shipper expecting the details of the money which am sure you are done with it by now.
thanks..

Alvaro Daniel Garcia <agarcia@itctel.com> wrote:
David,

Sorry, but I have lost interest in this transaction. The reasons are that first I get an e-mail from your shipper (supposedly in Italy) and he uses your username and e-mail account (and you are in New Zealand, right?). Then you provide me with a contact and a zip code for Mantova, Italy (41600), but you then send another contact person with a completely different zip code. There is too much money involved and a lot of inconsistencies in the information provided.

Thanks anyways.

Dan

Regards