PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Information On Lucinda Bowers

Chameleon Company
11-05-2003, 09:09 PM
I answered an add for a 1500 gram het albino Ball python on Oct, 17 th posted on Kingsnake. I traded e-mails with Cindy,and bought the snake. I sent an Official check and it arrived there on the 21st. I got excuses form her for 2 weeks and promises to ship asap, But still no snake. and Now no e-mail replies, and no Phone(disconnected).
I did file a complaint with the ifcc and will with the local poliece, But I wanted to know if anyone has had a bad deal with her or her brother Jay Bowers or might this be a misunderstanding.
they are in Tucson AZ?
Thanks
Michael Cole:(

M n R-Reptile
11-08-2003, 11:20 AM
Mike,
Whats up man. They got me to. But I was the one selling to them.
They bought a chondro from me for 300.00 and put a deposit on it through paypal. Then they asked since they were selling a cell phone on ebay if the buyer of the phone could pay me direct in full for the snake and I put a check in the box with the snake as a refund for the difference. Well payment was recieved, shipping day was done, and snake sent out. She emailed me saying the snake died(which it was lost b ups for two days, but found in a warehouse al that time. I said show me proof as my policy says and I will gladly refund teh full amount to the cell phone buyer since she hadnt sent the phone to him yet. She said her friend had a camera and he was bringing it over to take a pic. Then teh freidn no longer had a camera and she couldnt taKe a pic of it. So I said send it back and bill reciever, she said she frozxe it but her sister now didnt want adead snake in the freeser and it was thrown away. I said apologies but I can do nothing for you as I gave you two options of getting your money back for a POSSIBLY dead snake. A month later after my check is cashed she who emails me as Candace Bowers but wanted me to ship to Lucinda Bowers starts a chargeback on the paypal for the deposit! I sent paypal the tracking number and that was shot down so she didnt get that money. But then she refused to send the phone to the guy who sent the moeny to me. The guy charged back on it and got his money back but im out a probably healthy alive snake.
Since I first started the deal I knew it smelled fishy.
Good luck getting your money back Mike.
Also did your wife have the little guy yet??
Let me know!
MikeB

BayAreaMorphs
11-08-2003, 01:20 PM
We also got scammed apparently by Cindy. We also bought the 100% het albino female. We did however receive a snake, a 700 gram male, definitely not the 1500 gram female we were expecting. We went round and round with Cindy and first she was going to send us the right snake,,apparently this is supposed to be a 100% het pied male that she was selling for a friend and it got mixed up. Then when I told her we wanted a refund as we didn't trust her, we went round and round on that. It was always we're waiting on paypal to go thru or you need to send us the snake first, and lastly it was that we probed the snake wrong and were renigging on the deal and that really was the female. I also am reporting Cindy to the FBI online fraud unit and the local police. I haven't hear from in over a week and assume she's booked it.

Chameleon Company
11-08-2003, 04:13 PM
Well, It looks like I am not the only Sucker out there, But as I always said I would if I got ripped off, I have filed a report with the Polk County Sherriffs office #03-182158
and the IFCC report # i03110520376063
and the Tuscon Police Dept officer Tom Carlson at 520-791-5700 and report # 0311060470
I suggest you all do the same and feel free to referance my report numbers. This Has Got to STOP
Michael COle:(

P.S. the FBI will only get involved if the sacm reaches 100,000.00 combined to all the defrauded parties

BayAreaMorphs
11-08-2003, 04:48 PM
Polk Cnty??? are you by any chance in FL, we're Pinellas. Glad to hear you reported her...I kept all her e-mails and was giving her 'till monday to make good, guess I don't need to bother.

Chameleon Company
11-08-2003, 05:21 PM
Yes, We are in the winterhaven area of FL. Please feel free to contact us Privately so we can compare notes..
You can e-mail me at chamco@tampabay.rr.com send your tele# and I will call you. Hopefully we can get this scammer
Thanks
Michael Cole

Chameleon Company
11-08-2003, 05:25 PM
yes, we are in the winter Haven area. Please e-mail me privately with your telephone number and we can compare information and possibly be of assistance to each other.
Michael Cole
chamco@tampabay.rr.com

bilgar
01-04-2015, 08:56 PM
I answered an add for a 1500 gram het albino Ball python on Oct, 17 th posted on Kingsnake. I traded e-mails with Cindy,and bought the snake. I sent an Official check and it arrived there on the 21st. I got excuses form her for 2 weeks and promises to ship asap, But still no snake. and Now no e-mail replies, and no Phone(disconnected).
I did file a complaint with the ifcc and will with the local poliece, But I wanted to know if anyone has had a bad deal with her or her brother Jay Bowers or might this be a misunderstanding.
they are in Tucson AZ?
Thanks
Michael Cole:(
Hi, I know where Lucinda Bowers is but I want to remain unknown by all. her address is 4564 s. silverbeech
Tucson, az 85730
phone number is 520-425-2389

bilgar
01-04-2015, 09:01 PM
Lucinda resides at
4564 s. silverbeech
Tucson, az 85730

scosta56
01-05-2015, 07:48 AM
Someone who got scammed by her should send her a letter. Bet that would scare the daylights out of her. Now that her address is public information. Let her know all her info will be passed to the police because now you have a address that they can go to.

Lucille
01-05-2015, 08:09 AM
Someone who got scammed by her should send her a letter. Bet that would scare the daylights out of her. Now that her address is public information. Let her know all her info will be passed to the police because now you have a address that they can go to.

If it is a recent issue that is one thing. But for the OP and the others taking part in his original conversation, I think the statute of limitations has barred any action by the police.

scosta56
01-05-2015, 08:21 AM
:( really ? That stinks .... It kills me sometimes I really think this country encourages criminals. There shouldn't be any statue of limitations on crimes committed. Criminals should be able to be charged for their crimes 1 day later or 10 years later. So frustrating sometimes when your one of the few people who actually do the right thing.

Lucille
01-05-2015, 08:51 AM
:( really ? That stinks .... It kills me sometimes I really think this country encourages criminals. There shouldn't be any statue of limitations on crimes committed. Criminals should be able to be charged for their crimes 1 day later or 10 years later. So frustrating sometimes when your one of the few people who actually do the right thing.

Collecting evidence for an alleged crime ten years later can be expensive and difficult. And not all accusations are valid (I'm not saying anything about this particular accusation).
A statute of limitations, among other things, encourages the aggrieved party/the state to take action within a reasonable amount of time.
That seems reasonable to me.

bcr229
01-05-2015, 02:45 PM
If it is a recent issue that is one thing. But for the OP and the others taking part in his original conversation, I think the statute of limitations has barred any action by the police.
Correct. There's also a time limit to file a civil suit as well, usually 2-5 years depending on the state.

SirenSanJose
01-06-2015, 04:50 AM
Hi, I know where Lucinda Bowers is but I want to remain unknown by all. her address is 4564 s. silverbeech
Tucson, az 85730

Someone with the same last name, in the same city... sounds perhaps like a bitter ex with an axe to grind... or an attempt at misdirection.

parrotlady
01-06-2015, 04:55 PM
Lucinda Ann Bowers, age 46, alias used in past Lucinda A Bowers, Lucinda Bower, Lucinda A. Olson. Possible relatives Gary, Jay, Thelma,and Thomas Bowers, also Billie McIntyre. Hope this helps