PDA

View Full Version : John Nguyen** Boa Voyage****beware***avoid A Headache**

BALLMORPHS
11-09-2003, 12:43 AM
I BOUGHT A SUB-ADULT PASTEL MALE OFF THIS GUY AND YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THEY COST. I WISH I NEVER MEET THE JOHN BECUASE HE HAS BEEN A HEADACHE EVER SINCE. AFTER HE SENT ME PICS OF THE PASTEL MALE I PURCHASED FOR A PRETTY PENNY HE GOT PISSED WHEN I USED THEM. HE WAS PAID THE DAY I AGREED TO PURCHASE HIM THROUGH PAYPAL WITH NO HAGGLING OVER THE PRICE. THEN HE STARTED WITH ALL THE NEGATIVE POSTING.

IF YOU BUY A BALL OFF ME FEEL FREE TO USE ANY PICS I SEND YOU.

DAMIEN TAYLOR
BALL MORPHS AND MORE

TO AVOID A HEADACHE, AVOID BOA VOYAGE AND JOHN NGUYEN.**BOA VOYAGE**BEWARE**JOHN NGUYEN**** BEWARE***

PIC COURTISY OF BOA VOYAGE AND JOHNNY NGUYEN

Hues1
11-09-2003, 01:11 AM
You bought a Pastel Ball Python....did you buy the pictures too? The reason I ask is because I would have to believe that the pictures would be seperate of your deal for the actual animal and unless you purchased those too, John would still own the pics.

Its like when a breeder puts out a "best of" page.....all of the pics are typically animals that have been sold by that breeder.....because that breeder took the original pics....he basically owns them and can do whatever he wants with them.

So...unless John agreed to let you have the pics as part of the deal or at the very least give you permission to use them.....you would actually be in the wrong.

Example: somebody who collects cars takes pics of his prized possesion right before he advertises it for sale as a momento...the car sells, does the new owner automatically own the pics of the car too ???

Another example: The car was advertised for sale with pictures, someone purchases it based on the pictures advertised.....new owner takes it home and dents the car while pulling into his garage. New owner then turns around and advertises the car with same pictures he based the purchase on......can you say misrepresentation?

DThomas
11-09-2003, 01:28 AM
You bought the snake not the pics. You were wrong to use the pics as John still has the copyright on them. Since you had the snake, how hard would it have been to take your own pics and use those?

The BoidSmith
11-09-2003, 02:03 AM
Damien,

In my opinion it seemed John was not as upset with the use of his pictures, as he was with the description (size/weight/breedable status) of the python in your ad.

This is John's statement:

The pictures are mine. The snake in the pictures was sold to him on 9/24/2003. It's a 2003 animal, weight between 350 grams-375 grams. It's NOT 2002, breedable male.
If you are so interested in this male, consider this is a kindly head up. Don't get rip-off by this guy.

This is your statement,

BY THE WAY HE WEIGHT OVER 600g AND I HAVE NOT SEEN TO MANY JUNE 03 BALL PYTHONS PUT THAT MUCH WEIGHT ON SO QUICK. I WILL TAKE A PIC OF HIM ON THE SCALES ANY DAY.

GOD BLESS

DAMIEN TAYLOR
BALL MORPHS AND MORE

If as John states the python was sold to you weighing 375 g on 9/24, and on 10/5 according to you it weighed in excess of 600 g it means it gained more than 225 g in less than two weeks! How many adult mice did he eat in two weeks to be able to gain in excess of 200g?

Regards.

Boavoyage
11-09-2003, 02:33 AM
HEADACHE???
This picture was emailed to you, and was posted in the ad by that time. You resold the snake less than two weeks after you bought him - IT'S NOT MY BUSINESS. However, you were blatantly lied about his weight to make a quick bucks. That's so WRONG.
Talk about headache, the day you received him, Paypal contacted me through telephone regarding the transaction. It seemed like someone tried to reverse the payment. I had nothing to hide, and provided them all information, including the tracking number so that they could look by themselves that the item was shipped to the VERIFIED address. Now, who has the headache?
I answered all your questions. I provided more pictures when you requested before the deal was completed. It's for your information. If you want to sell him, take your own picture. By the way, you told me that you will repost him with picture that he locked up with the female; you said that you will post his picture on the scale show that he's more than 500 grams. I am still waiting for those pictures.

Pixie
11-09-2003, 08:12 AM
Seems like someone has some nerve posting a bad guy post!

The only reason this post is here is because Damien Taylor was busted lying in his ad. He claims the snake is an 03 when it's in fact 02, and claims it's 600g when it is unlikely.

For the pics, a simple email asking for permission to use them would have cleared up any problems regarding this IMO.

I for one am also curious to see pictures of this snake locked up with a female but honestly won't be impressed with any scale pics as they are way too easy to fudge...

Anny Harocopos

The BoidSmith
11-09-2003, 09:57 AM
How many adult mice did he eat in two weeks to be able to gain in excess of 200g?

There is no magic in weight gains. It's what goes in minus what goes out, and whatever energy expenditure you incurr during the process. We all know why we gain weight! :D

According to the Barker's, ball pythons in the 400g weight range gained close to 350g in 60 d (The Ball Python Manual). That's an average of 5.8g/d (close to 60 g in 10 days). In that publication they said, and I quote:..."These animals were kept in optimum conditions, as evidenced by their rapid growth.

Kindly.

hogboa
11-11-2003, 12:37 PM
I've done busness with Jon & woudn't hesitat. to do it again. I regeived ! I GOT a beautiful animal. I highly recomed Jon

BrianB
11-12-2003, 07:05 AM
This definately goes into the "shot self in foot" file. Posting a bad guy post against someone who's copyright you violated? Sheesh.

Python Dreams
11-13-2003, 09:57 AM
I think its great that John made an issue about this guys misrepresentation.... I have met John and he seems to be a very nice, honest guy..... How's the little Pastel female John?
Thanks, Tom Baker