PDA

View Full Version : Outback Reptiles Inquiry

Rick Jameson
11-12-2003, 07:42 PM
I first saw Outback Reptiles at MARS, quite a display I must say, then again the weekend before last at White Plains. He has some killer stuff and great prices. What really caught my eye though was something he had that had been advertised by Logan Enterprises a couple of weeks earlier. So I decided to do a little checking around at the show and some phone calls later this is what I have been able to come up with.

Outback has a great reputation with everyone and has been around a long time. They have no internet dealings at all, even their website has nothing but "under construction." Logan Enterprises has nothing to do with shows but is all over the internet. I would say his reputation is all over the place from great to deal with to some very strange unsatisfactory deals.

What I have found out, rumors mostly, is that Logan Enterprises is mostly the internet outlet for Outback Reptiles. The imported stuff they sell is Outback Reptiles stuff. They have their own stuff they produce, which is easy to figure out on their website, but most of what they post for sale on KS adds are Outback's. The most interesting thing is the prices seem to be the same on the things I've noticed whether on the internet or at the shows.

What I want to know is there any additional information to this that anyone can add? If this is all true does this make Outback have the same reputation as Logan Enterprises or vice-versa? I ask because with the associated reputations, there have been animals I have seen either internet advertised or at shows that I would be interested in. Please help me figure this out.

Rick Jameson

Tim Rash
11-12-2003, 07:57 PM
As far as I know Ian and David are just friends not partner's. I have never heard one thing bad about Outback reptiles. I have bought from them and I have bought from Logan's with no problems.
Thanks, Tim Rash

Rainbowboaman
11-12-2003, 09:09 PM
Rick,
I've had numerous deals with Ian & was happy with everyone of them. Are you planning on buying from Ian if so what? if not what was the reason for this thread?

Dianne Johnson
11-14-2003, 10:35 AM
I've been very pleased with the animals I've gotten from Ian and wouldn't hesitate to pick up more from him. He's a top-notch guy with great animals.

Dianne Johnson

wyblep
12-02-2003, 11:42 PM
I have dealt with Ian a couple of times he is a great guy with some great deals it was always a good transaction
Paul

everythingboa
06-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Post removed due to violation of the full name rule - specifically, using a fictitious name
hhmoore

E2MacPets
06-15-2009, 05:12 PM
We have had repeated bad luck with purchases from Outback Reptiles. Could happen buying from anywhere that does high volume sales of imports, though. However I must say that Ian is a complete gentleman and his handling of our transactions would keep us going back to them if we saw something we liked.

TheVipersHouse
06-15-2009, 05:32 PM
I have had a vey negative experience dealing with outback reptiles i went to speak with Ian personally and didnt get the time of day. I recieved a very sick animal from him and got the run around I would advise anyone not to purchase animals from vendors that deal with alot of import/ export NO GOOD!!

Well if Ian didnt give you the time of day then you probably went to him with an attitude or a chip on your shoulder .
I have delt with Ian a few times and known him for alot longer (from shows ) and he is 1 of the most down to earth people i have had the chance to speak with . he gets wound up from shows because of the amount of reptiles he moves in a single day . I bought an imported gravid from him a while back and here she absorbed the eggs and i went to him about it and he made it very clear he would do right by me , and when buying a gravid theres no guarantee that kind of thing wont happen and it wasnt officially his responsibility to make it up to me and i knew that going into it but none the less he said he would take care of me and he did .
he can seem a bit rough but hes 1 of the best guys i have delt with ..He has even bought stuff from me and it never been a bad dealing .

hhmoore
06-15-2009, 05:56 PM
I have had a vey negative experience dealing with outback reptiles i went to speak with Ian personally and didnt get the time of day. I recieved a very sick animal from him and got the run around I would advise anyone not to purchase animals from vendors that deal with alot of import/ export NO GOOD!!

My inclination is to just ban you, and remove your post...but, I'll give you the option of contacting me to show that your name is really Ben Dover. The clock is ticking, "Mr Dover"

JoeEllisReptiles
06-15-2009, 06:59 PM
I have bought many thousands of dollars worth of animals from Ian. Some of the animals were for my personal collection and others were for my shop. I always get great prices and even better animals.

Joe Ellis

Temporalis_Enterprises
06-16-2009, 12:22 AM
My inclination is to just ban you, and remove your post...but, I'll give you the option of contacting me to show that your name is really Ben Dover. The clock is ticking, "Mr Dover"

So let me get this straight he is gona get banned if he can't prove his name is Ben Dover? That is the most outrageous thing i have ever heard! Now my experience with Ian have been mixed, Never bough any thing but I have pictures of sick dying iguanas he was selling with MBD. But that may be just from imports. I think that Ben Dover has a good point Imports/exports are not a good idea introducing disease from asia to a US collection. Once Ian did let me hold what he labled as a CHinese Garter SNake but was really a keelbacked snake that has cause Renal(Kidney) Failure in many people he told me it was harmless but since I have never bough anything from him I will not judge.

Dennis Hultman
06-16-2009, 02:55 PM
So let me get this straight he is gona get banned if he can't prove his name is Ben Dover? That is the most outrageous thing i have ever heard!

Really? Considering he has another user name here with a different full name, I don't think so. Are you privy to the private messages between the moderators and this user?

WebSlave
06-16-2009, 05:14 PM
So let me get this straight he is gona get banned if he can't prove his name is Ben Dover? That is the most outrageous thing i have ever heard!

Then you really haven't been listening very closely when people talk about the rules for posting on the BOI. Granted, some people are probably using false names here, but when we catch wind of it, they are gone. I've been sticking my neck out for YEARS providing you all with this avenue to post information of a sometimes very controversial nature on this site at my own risk of getting dragged into a lawsuit based on what YOU have posted here. If you can't be bothered, or don't want to place yourself into some liability to have this freedom, then I'm not interested in providing this forum for you. If you want to hide under a rock and post anonymously for fear of your own skin, the go somewhere else to do so. I don't want you here. :angry:

SugarMagnolia011385
06-16-2009, 05:48 PM
I also had a very bad experience with Outback Reptiles. I purchased a very sick snake from them and could never get in touch with them through e-mail or phone.

Unfortunatley what can you do, $*it happens. I learned my lesson. I know not to buy from merchants who deal with alot of import and export. People like this usually are just in it for the money and not for the animals.

Also, people shoudn't take such offense when somebody posts a negative blog about a merchant. Not everyone has had good experiences with these guys like myself. Read the blogs and reviews off other forums there is an equal amount of good and bad things said about Outback Reptiles. Grow UP!

Better luck next time Ben Dover

HissnPurr
06-16-2009, 06:23 PM
If your parents really named you Ben with a last name of Dover, they have serious serious issues.

BenD over? God your high school days must have sucked. I have no opinion on outback though, never used them and I dont think they have a booth here at the arlington expo

ForkedTung
06-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Yeah David, You're the king of outrageous! Please don't go inviting all your little friends here to tag-team insults to members/moderators like you did on cornsnakes.com. didn't work there won't work here.

Reptilia_Extreme
06-16-2009, 06:51 PM
I find it amazing that vendors like outback reptiles who sell animals in the quantities they do dont have a better means of contacting them, a disfunctional website and a jam packed voicemail for months on end is no way to do business, especially if your selling sick animals!!!!!!!!!!

HissnPurr
06-16-2009, 07:11 PM
If I was selling sick animals I'd have a unlisted phone number and never give out my real contact info.

Just say'n selling sick animals is a darn good reason someone would ignore phone calls, if they are running a shady business.

KelliH
06-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Then you really haven't been listening very closely when people talk about the rules for posting on the BOI. Granted, some people are probably using false names here, but when we catch wind of it, they are gone. I've been sticking my neck out for YEARS providing you all with this avenue to post information of a sometimes very controversial nature on this site at my own risk of getting dragged into a lawsuit based on what YOU have posted here. If you can't be bothered, or don't want to place yourself into some liability to have this freedom, then I'm not interested in providing this forum for you. If you want to hide under a rock and post anonymously for fear of your own skin, the go somewhere else to do so. I don't want you here. :angry:

I love it when you talk like that :D. :IThankYou

Reptilia_Extreme
06-16-2009, 07:15 PM
yea so that sums it up well put!!!!!

SugarMagnolia011385
06-16-2009, 07:50 PM
If I was selling sick animals I'd have a unlisted phone number and never give out my real contact info.

Just say'n selling sick animals is a darn good reason someone would ignore phone calls, if they are running a shady business.

I know right.

All I can say is Karma is a bitch what comes around goes around!:dgrin:

Serafim
06-16-2009, 10:16 PM
I also had a very bad experience with Outback Reptiles. I purchased a very sick snake from them and could never get in touch with them through e-mail or phone.

Unfortunatley what can you do, $*it happens. I learned my lesson. I know not to buy from merchants who deal with alot of import and export. People like this usually are just in it for the money and not for the animals.

Also, people shoudn't take such offense when somebody posts a negative blog about a merchant. Not everyone has had good experiences with these guys like myself. Read the blogs and reviews off other forums there is an equal amount of good and bad things said about Outback Reptiles. Grow UP!

Better luck next time Ben Dover

can you provide a little more info about this transaction. Might make your claim a little more believeable

SugarMagnolia011385
06-17-2009, 03:07 PM
can you provide a little more info about this transaction. Might make your claim a little more believeable

Sure can,

I purchased a BRB from them at the white plains expo a couple months back. Took her home and heard a bad popping noise then looked inside her mounth and noticed there was alot of fluid (I wish I looked in her mouth before I bought her). I took her to the vet the next day and sure enough it was an RI. The man that sold us the snake from outback was not Ian it was some other man by the name of Andrew or Andi can't quit remember. I tried calling and the phone kept going to voice mail and the message box was full. I tried for at least a week before I gave up. They never returned any of my e-mails.

I just think that is a bad way to do business. If I could of actually got ahold of them and they could of reimbursed me for the vet bill, a refund, or a replacement snake even would have been fine. Then I would have nothing bad to say about them as a merchant. BUT the fact that I couldn't get ahold of them makes me think that this probably happens quit often.

Like the other person said, if I was selling sick snakes I wouldn't give out a real number or have a working website.

If you believe fine if not I really dont care. I just wanted to share my experience with the other blogger that had a bad experience. I thought that was what blogs are all about, sharing and voicing your opinions and questions

good day

Mike Schultz
06-20-2009, 09:45 PM
Yeah David, You're the king of outrageous! Please don't go inviting all your little friends here to tag-team insults to members/moderators like you did on cornsnakes.com. didn't work there won't work here.

David seems to have a bad habit of forming little internet vendettas... He's done it on various forums including redtailboa.net, cornsnakes.com, and arachnoboards.com. Multiple forum accounts and friends are common "weapons" and hes been warned a few times about name-calling, but doesn't seem to get the message. He's only 15, perhaps when he gets older and his snake business starts booming he will have better things to worry about than businesses he has had no dealings with other than to slander.

Temporalis_Enterprises
06-20-2009, 11:05 PM
Listen I am not mad at outback. I am just stating occurrences I have personally seen. I would love to buy an animal from them and my friend is prepared to buy a Ball python from them at the august. I have seen some stunning animals from outback. My favorites are the amazing radiated rat snakes and ball pythons I have seen from them. It is a fact that I have been a jerk on forums. I don't like this but I do have to live with the fact that I did behave in this manner. I am trying to correct it.
Regards,
David

MedusaCoils
06-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Listen I am not mad at outback. I am just stating occurrences I have personally seen. I would love to buy an animal from them and my friend is prepared to buy a Ball python from them at the august. I have seen some stunning animals from outback. My favorites are the amazing radiated rat snakes and ball pythons I have seen from them. It is a fact that I have been a jerk on forums. I don't like this but I do have to live with the fact that I did behave in this manner. I am trying to correct it.
Regards,
David

Hey David, I am glad to see that you are becoming a "valued" member of this community, as well!! :thumbsup:

Wayne Stys

smb2585
10-17-2010, 03:50 PM
We purchased a rack, helix, normal ball and a jungle pastel from them in Manassas and haven't had any problems. they were very helpful in explaining how to run and hook up the heat tape as well as answering any questions we had about the BPs we purchased. They had the best set up at teh Manassas show and were very fair and reasonable in negotiations during the process. Ian didn't come off as a very personable guy and seems to be more business (but he was running late for another place he had to be) but Ryan was helpful and even helped us load up our rack into my car... we weren't planning on buying anything but couldn't pass up the deal. I recommend them and will look forward to using them in the future for our needs.

farfrumugen
10-17-2010, 04:57 PM
ive only purchased 1 animal from them and that was this year. it was a ch extremely reduced animal. at this point i have had NO issues with this animal. it ate within 2 days and has been eating great since. i have contacted them and asked for pics of many other animals and have never had any problem getting in contact with them. they have a great name and a great reputation. many of the best looking morphs in this industry have been imported and propogated by outback reptiles.
you must also look at it like this....if you sell 100,000 animals and a half a dozen are sick then it is more than acceptable. aniamals get sick some are sick and you dont know it till the animal ships and due to stress the sickness takes hold and becomes visable. it happens....a few problems here and there is normal when dealing in such volume.
adam jeffery

Sirengarg
10-17-2010, 09:23 PM
I have heard fantastic things about them. But recently saw a snake for sale from them where they stated it had unknown hets and was missing and eye due to an injury and were selling it for $250. Pretty steep for a "who knows what it has" cyclops snake.

That has been my ONLY vice with them, but has caused me to think twice about purchasing from them. :(

On the whole Ben Dover deal....
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z166/mousehole_01/godzilla-facepalm-godzilla-facep-1.jpg