PDA

View Full Version : Rusty Allison - BAD GUY - RIPOFF ARTIST

gapnda7
11-14-2003, 01:39 PM
I just wanted to share some information with others so they do not get taken by this ripoff artisit. I have done hundreds of transactions over the past ten years and have never been ripped off until now by RUSTY ALLISON(rallison480@yahoo.com)!!!

I put an ad out looking for adult female ball pythons and received a reply from this guy. He sent pics. Was a verified Paypal account user. I check the BOI - no information so I thought I was OK. I paid a premium for what looked like two nice adult females. It took about a week and a half for him to supposedly get the money into his account. Even though Paypal showed the money as delivered.

I waited a few more days and he said he was going to ship. never got the package. I filed a complaint with Paypal and the next day got an e-mail saying "I wanted to play hardball".

Update: I just got this back from my Paypal filed complaint -"Our investigation has determined that the seller is at fault, but we were
unable to recover any funds from the seller's account. As stated in the
PayPal User Agreement, Buyer Complaint funds recovery cannot be guaranteed."

If anyone has any information regarding this guy please contact me at BOBD43@HOTMAIL.COM. I would love to get as much info. as possible.

Thanks and be aware from who you buy from. I'll count this as a loss and lesson learned. And I hope the karma god's make good on this BAD APPLE!

Thanks, Glenn

ms_terese
11-14-2003, 03:24 PM
Glenn,

Does this mean that if enough money is put into the PayPal account, they will freeze it, or do they just attempt it once and if the funds aren't there you're out of luck?

Do you have any other information on this guy? Address, phone, website?

gapnda7
11-14-2003, 04:38 PM
only tried once to recover the money. But like me I don't keep a balance in my Paypal account. I transfer it out right away. So apparently this guy transferred it out and is now gone.

I wish I had more information on this guy as I would like to file legal action but I only have an e-mail address so it doesn't help me a whole lot.

----Glenn

Neil Gubitz
11-14-2003, 05:00 PM
Glenn.... If I'm not mistaken.... a PayPal account HAS TO be backed up by a bank account.... now, it's very possible that he uses that bank account for PayPal only and when monies come in to it, he immediately takes the money out of THAT bank account and puts it in another.... usually, PayPal will FREEZE that bank account so that if any more money goes into it through another PayPal sale (so to speak), that money will go to you.... instead of doing this through emails, try CALLING PayPal at 1-888-221-1161 and see if actually talking to someone makes a difference??.... good luck and I hope you get your money back....

Neil

JungleHabitats
11-14-2003, 05:02 PM
his bank account .. i knew of someone that after 2 weeks the person reversed the charges paypal debited the amount from her bank account and caused a MILESTONE of hardship on her.And no she didnt make a bad deal the other person just wanted something for nothing .

MattG
11-14-2003, 08:18 PM
I just read your post and thought I'd do a search on that name for you and found 5 listings. Not knowing where the guy you sent money to resides I am going to post all 5 that I found.

411.com has saved me several times from getting burned by doing a reverse search on the shipping address prior to shipping. This will at least let you know if the person you are dealing with really lives there. I also do that with phone numbers. Does not work if the person is unlisted or on cell phone but is always still worth the 5 minute check :)

Allison, Melissa & Rusty
Edgewood Addn
Weston, WV 26452
(304) 269-1741

Allison, Rusty
8921 W Ida Place
Littleton, CO 80123
(303) 973-5553

Allison, Rusty & Melissa
Edgewood Addn
Weston, WV 26452
(304) 269-1741

Allison, Rusty & Tc
2605 Circle Rd
Manhattan, KS 66502
(785) 323-0999

Allison, Tc & Rusty
2605 Circle Rd
Manhattan, KS 66502
(785) 323-0999

Good luck,

Matt

PBM
11-15-2003, 01:14 AM
There are two duplicates, names just switched around male/female, then female/male. So you end up with just 3 listings. Well, that eliminates 2 right off the bat! Good luck! Take care.....