PDA

View Full Version : JOn's Jungle

BILLY WILLIAMS
11-15-2003, 11:42 AM
HI there,

I am inquiring about jon's jungle. From all of the information I researched, he appears to be a good, reputable guy. However, I am currently experiencing some problems with him and acquiring my animals. THis has been going on since october 13th, i believe. I had origionally sent him a depostit of 500 dollars for a trio of kimberly rocks. I then, two weeks later, sent him the remaining balance, with a total of being about two thousand dollars. I kindly told him that it was going to be getting cold up here in new york, and that I would prefer to have them shipped ASAP, once he recieved the last installment. He said that he would contact me as soon as it arrived. A week went by, and I began to worry that the payment was lost in the mail, so I sent him a series of emails. He finally got back to me after three or so emails, saying that he did recieve the money and that he will be going out of town for a week and that it was agreed that he would send me an email the following sunday with the tracking number for shipping monday for tuesday delivery. Finally, I was so excited, and counted down the days. However, come sunday, I never got any response, so I emailed him and called him on his office phone and cell; no reply. I then emailed him monday, after not hearing from him, and called the two numbers and left messages; no callback. Tuesday, same thing. Then, I get a message saying that he has been working overtime at his facitlity and the problem will be cleared up shortly. That's fine, but about a week's gone by, and after a dozen emails and a dozen phone calls, he still hasn't replied back to me. I just want to know if my monitors which I payed for are o.k, when does he plan on shipping, or does he even have any kimberly monitors- it seems like he keeps stalling.... Now, almost a month later after he recieved my final payment, I still do not have my animals, nor have heard anything from him with his intentions to ship them to me. He simply will not respond to any of my emails or phone calls. I feel that I am being screwed out of two thousand dollars; I was led to believe that Jon's Jungle was a reputable dealer/breeder.... What should I do???? Does anybody know him personally, where they can talk to him for me??? It is just very frustrating, because I cannot get a hold of him. Now, up here in new york, the temps are droppiing down into the teens at night, a problem which I wished to have avoided by shipping them here a couple of weeks ago, like we BOTH agreed to.... Thanks for any feedback,

BOb Mendyk

ms_terese
11-15-2003, 02:37 PM
I feel your pain. We had a similar situation with the communication that went on for months, and still isn't completely resolved, but it's too long of a story to post here for now. All I can tell you is to call and email often.

Good luck!

dself40
11-15-2003, 02:56 PM
Well how did ya"ll pay him?If you paid him with a postal money order you can turn him in for mail fraud.I have had to do that with someone else and yes it works just takes a little time but at least you have something going.

NocturnalNature
11-15-2003, 09:53 PM
I had the same problem with Jon.
I inquired about purchasing a few pairs of Indian Star Tortoises from him about a year ago. After much effort I managed to get him on the phone and we worked out a trade/cash deal.
Afterwards I had a few more questions regarding the pictures he sent of the available animals so I tried contacting him via business phone, cellphone and email for roughly 1 1/2 weeks. I finally got fed up with it and emailed him telling him that I could not send $1250.00 worth of animals and $1500.00 cash to someone who does not have the courtesy to answer my questions in a timely manner.
Now lets assume that he was out of town at the time as others had suggested. It would have been a simple matter for him to contact me upon his return however I never received any sort of reply explaining why he would not answer my email/calls.
I also had heard that he has a great reputation but with the treatment I received I surely can't see why!
I wish you luck getting your money or animals!

dself40
11-16-2003, 03:59 AM
Sure does seem like Jon's Jungle sure does have time to post new ads on Ks but doesnt have time to answer the phone or emails.I have seen them post adds in the last few days.Ph yea Billy you need to file a complaint with Ks and see if they can help ya which I doubt they will but you never know.Just seems kinda weird to me they have time to post new adds but wont reply to emails.

KNOBTAIL
11-16-2003, 08:05 PM
he may not necessarily have, but does have access to! This may be one of those situations. Jerry Tresser

Rob @ RK Reptiles
11-16-2003, 08:37 PM
I e-mailed Jon about this thread earlier and he signed up for the sight and has read it. I do not know why he has not responded to it but hopefully he is remedying the situation.

BILLY WILLIAMS
11-16-2003, 10:12 PM
I thank everyone for their advice; I still have yet to hear from him, but I guess all that I can do now is just be persistent. I hate to be a pest and all, but I think that when you pay somebody for something, you deserve to get what you payed for. This is not a bad guy post by any means, I am just looking for advice on what to do in my predicament. Hopefully I will hear from him soon, and will have everything cleared up. Thanks again everyone for your insight, I will keep you posted on what transpires.

Bob mendyk

jonsjungle
11-17-2003, 10:57 AM
Monitors will be on their way next week. I apologize for the delay.

Jon's Jungle

jonsjungle
11-17-2003, 11:04 AM
Theresa, your snake was replaced with a much larger 6' animal.
Jon's Jungle also paid shipping costs for the first animal and the replacement.

MR_Jungle_Mist
11-17-2003, 01:32 PM
Alrighty! Let's do a review of our business with Jon's Jungle. I don't mean to step in for Terese, but I was the one that (mostly) had the contact with Jon and thankfully I have saved all email contact I've had with him.

This is not a good guy or a bad guy post, just relaying the transaction as it played out. The only time I really got riled up is upon learning that I'd been hearing "She's shipping tomorrow" or "She's shipping this week", when in reality Jon was still looking for a suitable animal.

Here is the basic outline of the transaction we had with Jon's Jungle-

An ad was placed for a Labyrinth Burmese Python by Jon's Jungle. I replied to it right away and sent the money for it the next day after reviewing his terms and doing some checking up. The money was sent via PayPal.

The snake arrived and we spent some time trying to get it to feed. After some time (and having emailed with Jon a few times) we paid for the snake to be shipped back to him to have him start it feeding again.

Now comes months and months of waiting for the snake to feed for Jon and to be returned. After approximately half a year Jon telling us she's feeding and would be ready to ship soon, and she's ship out tomorrow, and she'd ship out next week....he sent an email and said he wasn't able to ship the snake and had been looking for a replacement animal instead.

We took that in stride and agreed. He told us he was sorry and he'd have a replacement sent and refund us our original PayPal. Again, after months of waiting we finally received a replacement animal but no refund. I asked one last time and received no reply from Jon.

So that's the basic outline.

To answer Jon's post, yes, the animal that it was replaced with was larger than the original. But Jon....the original snake would have been this size by now. So really all you did was replace the snake of a similar size that it would have been after all these months. Yes, you paid the shipping costs of the original and of the replacement. We paid for the original burm to be sent back. That's nothing special there.

Now, for the sake of accuracy, I'll break down the communications I've had with Jon in the past year. If anyone would like to see original emails please let me know and I'd be happy to go ahead and send them to you. Unfortunately just copy & paste of emails would result in a lot of RE:RE:RE: and would make this post 4 times as long as it already is.

JON 03.06.03 - "If you PayPal me tonight she is yours."

STEVEN 03.06.03 - "What is your PayPal account? jljungle@cox.net ?"

03.06.03 - "That's it"

03.07.03 - Sent an email telling Jon I'd sent a PayPal and that the following looked alright for shipping. I also explained about where we live and the fact that we have to have things shipped "hold for customer" as we pick up from the UPS Customer Center. Gave him our address to ship as well as a contact phone number.

03.10.03 - "Hadn't heard back from you today, just wondering if the female lab got out
ok and if you had the tracking #."

03.10.03 - "Sorry I got in too late too ship ,but she will go out tue 3-11-03 too
arrive by 1030 am on 3-12-03 if this is good with you ......"

03.10.03 - "ok"

03.11.03 - "Here is your ups tracking #1zf871w622########...."

03.12.03 - "Just wanted to let you know that the snake got here safe and sound."

03.15.03 - "She seems to be settling in, but has refused a f/t mouse. Can you tell me
what she was feeding on prior?"

03.17.03 - "I feed all our animals live or pre killed(mice)...."

03.25.03 - Explained that she still wasn't feeding and I'd like to send her back to see if he'd have better luck.

03.29.03 - "I will be in all week please call me too discuss details....."

A few message were left by Terese in the few days to follow

04.01.03 - "I'm a little under the weather. My wife has left a couple of messages for
you. Please let me know when would be the best time to call this week."

04.02.03 - "I hope you got my email reguarding someone will be here all week to
recieve animals ,anyway please call me anytime on my cell 949-***-****......"

We reached Jon on his cell and made plans to have her shipped back to, hopefully, have Jon get her feeding again. We were given the option of a refund at this time.

04.02.03 - "I dropped her at UPS about an hour ago. Tracking # is: M ABFBVQ *******
Delivery before 3:00 tomorrow."

04.03.03 - I noticed I'd sent the wrong number and sent him the correct one after midnight. Asked for him to let us know if there were any problems.

04.04.03 - "Really don't mean to be a nuisance, but wondering how the snake got there.
Should have been an easy trip - temps were warm enough."

04.04.03 - "She is just fine lets talk early next week ,have relatives in for the
weekend...."

04.09.03 - "Hope the visit with your relatives went well. Has the labby managed to take any meals yet? If not, I think we'd like to go
ahead and process a refund so that we can grab another '02 while there are still some available."

04.14.03 - "Thanks for the nice email,the lab has not feed yet not realy sure whats's
going on with her but for now I would like too send your money back.Sorry
for the inconvience.Please foward mailing address....."

04.14.03 - Our mailing address was sent to Jon.

04.21.03 - "I am not sure if you recieved my last email .The lab girl has eaten 5 fuzzy
mice and is going too get a full size mouse today.I will overnight you your
refung or get her good and fat and return her too you ."

04.21.03 - "Haven't seen any email since I'd sent you our mailing address. It would be
great if we could get her back. I'm glad she's back to eating. Thank you
very much for taking the time and energy to get her eating again. Just let
me know when you feel comfortable sending her back here."

05.02.03 - "Just thought you would like too know she is eating 2 fuzzy rats a week and
should be fat and happy in about 2 weeks ."

05.02.03 - "Not a problem at all. Don't know if you're charging for shipping on this
second round, but if not I'll at least flip for half the shipping costs. Thank you so much for getting her back to eating."

05.02.03 - "No chance of any additional charges ."

06.01.03 - "Just checking in to make sure she's doing alright and see if you know when
you'd like to ship her."

06.05.03 - "I will plan on shipping her next week if that is good for you.."

06.06.03 - "That would be great. I'll give you our address in case you don't have it
handy anymore." Gave our mailing address and again explained that it would have to be shipped "hold for customer"

06.27.03 - "I hope the weather cools off a bit before sending her ,please let me know
by email if you see a good window of nice weather too ship ........
thanks Jon ps sorry for the slow response we were out of town......"

07.01.03 - "I've been looking at the forcast, and it looks like we'll be getting good
nighttime lows in the 70's. As I pick up at the Customer Counter in the
early morning, shipping this week should be fine."

07.03.03 - "PLEASE ship her out next week. This just seems to be dragging on. Please
keep me informed of when you plan on shipping her."

07.09.03 - "I've not heard back from you since this email on the 27th. I know that we're
both anxious to get this transaction completed. If you can still ship this
week, please do so and let me know. If not then please ship next week.
Everything still looks good here. Just a reminder to ship with "Hold for
customer". Here is our address again:" Our address and contact phone number was given again, and a request to please let us know he received the email.

07.11.03 - "I Just want too be 100% sure of her health ,she went off food for a month
but has not stopped in a few weeks of pounding large mice .I will ship her
asap .' "

08.06.03 - "This was the last I heard from you. This was on July 11th Please ship the snake." I'd replied to the last email I'd gotten from him.

08.07.03 - "I am out of town your female lab is getting large and would like too ship her when I return next week."

08.17.03 - "The snake did not arrive this past week as I'd expected. Please send this
coming week."

08.21.03 - "Again, I haven't heard from you about the burm. This is week two I was
expecting something. Please get back to me soon."

The following week I took to phoning Jon and finally reached him after several attempts. I was told he had no boxes to ship and that he'd get back to me the following Monday or Tuesday and have her shipped them for Wednesday delivery as Monday was Labor Day. I waited Monday and I waited Tuesday. I called him and he told me he'd ship on Thursday for Friday delivery. He stated he'd call me on Thursday before 11am to give me the tracking number. 11am (his time..1pm here) came and went and nothing. I called him again and he assured me she was still being shipped out that day and he'd call me in the next hour because he was not at the office right now where he'd call me back and confirm the shipping address. I waited the hour. I waited two. Then three. I then began to call him again to see if she'd shipped out. At the end of the day I finally just left a message asking that he please get in touch with me to let me know if I was to expect her or not.

Jon did not call or email and first thing the next morning I drove to the UPS Center in case he actually did ship. We were now up to Friday, September 5th.

08.05.03 - "I am not sure what happened yesterday but will let you know as soon as I
get to facility....."

08.05.03 - I send Jon a very long email giving him an outline of our transaction so far, and explained to him that I was getting extremely frustrated at it all. I'd been kept on hold with promises that he'd send, that she'd been doing fine and he was wanting to ship, etc etc.

09.08.03 - "I am sorry for the multiple delays,I have been searching for a replacement
female lab any size too replace the one that just is not 110%.So at this
time I would like too give you a refund and still replace your female at NO
CHARGE.(Ps if you know were I can buy you a replacementI will right
away........"

09.09.03 - I told Jon I'd taken the day to look for a burm without much success. I told him I'd let him know if I found anything. I asked why the original burm was substandard. I gave him our PayPal address for the refund seeing as that's how we originally paid for her.

09.09.03 - I emailed Jon with a lead on a lab burm and gave him a contact phone number. Jon emailed back and said he'd call in the morning.

09.17.03 - "I've not heard back from you since you called last week and left the voice
mail saying you would send the PayPal refund this past weekend and then talk
to Amir on Monday about a replacement animal. Please let me know how things are working out."

09.21.03 - "I will call you with details this week ."

09.29.03 - "Just writing back to see where we were at seeing as I didn't receive any
call from you last week. Once again, I'd like to get things cleared up as soon as possible."

10.03.03 - Another long email was sent to Jon explaining that I'd waited long enough and patience had run out. I told him by Oct. 17th I'd consider the transaction done and it was up to him to have the last word on how the deal would end. He could either have it go well by sending the refund and a replacement or go bad by ignoring my communications and/or nor refunding and sending a replacement burm. I told him two weeks is plenty of time to send money via PayPal no matter what interface he uses and it is plenty of time to find and have shipped a replacement. After that I'd consider it a failed transaction and would take the appropriate course of action.

10.04.03 - "After reviewing the e-mail I sent you yesterday I feel I owe you an apology.
The message seemed to have sounded a hot harsher than what I'd meant it to.
I'm hoping it did not come across as threatening in any way as that was not
my intention. I am just looking for closure on all of this. After eight
months I'm sure you can imagine how frustrating it must be for me to sit and
wait to hear from you every week. I hope it was not taken negatively and if it was, again, I apologize."

10.06.03 - "I hope this will come as good news I have finaly located,paid and seen a
beautiful 6 foot plus lab burm female .Can I ship her this week ?
Thanks Jon ps I think you will be happy you waited...."

10.06.03 - "That's great news. Yes, you can ship her this week. Depending on where you
purchased, you can probably just have her sent directly here to save on two
shipping charges."

10.09.03 - "Again...have not heard from you all week. I'm not quite sure what you are expecting at this point....I'm unclear as to
why you ask if shipping is alright if shipping is not intended." I then asked to be put in touch with the shipper so I could make arragements with him directly. I was off to the Chicago show for the weekend but gave him alternate contact information.

10.13.03 - "You will recieve her this week 110%.......
Thanks Jon ps I will email you the ups awb the night before ."

I then waited for a tracking number and did not receive any. I believe it was the 24th when the snake showed up at my door. What I'd been stressing all along (hold for customer) was totally ignored and no tracking number had even been sent to me to alert me that the snake was in transit.

Jon called on the 6th of November and left a message to see if we'd received the snake.

11.06.03 - "Just got your message. Yes, we received the burm. S/he is doing fine. I have
not sexed him/her yet. Apart from not tongue flicking she appears in
reasonable health even though we were not notified in any way that we were
receiving her." I then gave him the PayPal information again and told him he could send certified funds to us instead if he'd prefer.

And that's it!

We did wait very long for anything to come of the transation. I think we showed a lot of patience with Jon and yet I am not willing to make a "Bad guy post" because I do not want to be associated with folks that have cyber-hissy fits for no reason. When I make a bad guy post, I want it to count. :-)

I can say that I would not do any business with Jon in the future because of the lack of communication he's shown and the fact that he tried putting us off with promises of a shipped snake when in actuality he was looking for a replacement. I would have MUCH preferred a simple "she's not been eating so I'm looking for a replacement" as opposed to given excuses about boxes and weather and '"not at the facility".

But read over the emails and decide for yourself. To this date we've not received any refund.

joels417
11-17-2003, 06:29 PM
Wow, you have about 99% more patience than I'd have. Good luck on getting your refund.

Joel Smith
Four1Seven Reptiles

BILLY WILLIAMS
11-17-2003, 07:03 PM
All right jon,

it's good to hear from you. I await a personal response from you so we can finalize this once and for all. Please contact me. Thanks again,

bob mendyk

Adam Block
11-17-2003, 10:51 PM
THANKS FOR THE POST!!!

I've seen a lot of Ball Python ads for him and have thought about buying some het Pieds. Stupid as this sounds I hate seeing the big Blue Jon's Jungle banner and have not contacted him because of that.

I know it sounds like a little thing but I've put a boycot on all breeders wasting their money to advertise in such a silly manner. Why pay KS extra for those stupid ads, you would think the quality of your animals would be enough to not need those bannaers next to each ad.

I don't know, maybe just rubbed me wrong like they have something to make up for.

Point is, Jon's ads are great with nice looking animals. I've almost given in a few times and called him and now I won't even look at the ads anymore.

Thanks guys!

BILLY WILLIAMS
11-19-2003, 10:11 PM
Please contact me, so we can finalize everything, and make sure that we ship out this upcoming week like you said. Thanks,

bob mendyk

BILLY WILLIAMS
12-01-2003, 12:37 AM
Well, It is now sunday, november 29, and I still do not have my monitors, nor has he contacted me to arrange a shipping date or anything. This is getting more and more frustrating... I hope he gets back to me soon; I am running out of patience..

Bob Mendyk

bogwan
12-01-2003, 12:55 PM
hi bob i am from long island also i ordered from jons jungle a pair of tiger retics they werent as nice as promised but he did ship out right away i paid on paypal and he sent the animals the next day if thats any help

JungleHabitats
12-01-2003, 01:45 PM
was when he paid Jon for these says all that needs to be said ... doesnt look like he is worried that he has since contacted Bob here to tell him he is sending them out over 1-2 weeks ago and still hasent speaks for something alone ? or maybe im just to hard on peoples word alone ** shrugs ** i dont know

JungleHabitats
12-01-2003, 02:25 PM
So does that mean you have nothing to add ? or are you avoiding the subject ? no offense but iwould think that if you were or have sent the monitors you would post it here since your name is going down hill somewhat man ?

ms_terese
12-04-2003, 11:12 AM
Anything yet, Bob?

Rob @ RK Reptiles
12-17-2003, 08:28 AM
I guess Jon still has not taken care of the situaiton? It is too bad that he is allowing this to ruin his reptuation. I was actually looking at an animal he had for sale (that is a very high priced animal) but am now going to another seller instead becuase of his handling of these other situations.

KNOBTAIL
12-17-2003, 10:31 AM
attempted to get his money back?

Rob @ RK Reptiles
12-17-2003, 10:47 AM
Jerry,

According to Jon at Jon's Jungle he refunded the money to Bob Mendyk (Bily Williams) a few weeks back. The last post from Bob was on the 1st of December that he still had not heard anything. So I don't know exactly what is still going on but I know because of the way it was handled (whether or not the refund is done now) I will not be making any purchases with Jon. I have written Bob to get him to post an update on here.

brucestephenson
12-17-2003, 10:51 AM
I am posting this to hopefully push someone into getting his act together:

Here is the URL for the U.S. Government's Internet Fraud Complaint Center, for anyone who has been ripped off:

on-line Web portal located at www.ifccfbi.gov

JungleHabitats
12-17-2003, 10:55 AM
Regardless if he did refund the money is that such a big issue after repeatedly promising it "was being shipped" and look at the steven mansell ( sp sorry) post how long did he get promises of it being handled ... months . I agree and understand that things can come up and go wrong on deals ( never had it happen ) but thats understandable. but the fact that a few posts have shown some extent of disregard in the ability to make something happen you( he Jon) in this cae are going to do it and dont just tell me i dont need anything so bad i might and i say might be the next one who would have to make a post on not getting what i ordered or paid for ... If Jon has made right on this i say way to go Jon but does not mean that what he has done is ok either .

KNOBTAIL
12-17-2003, 01:08 PM
Jon may never have had the monitors in the first place. These guys and their are several of these beach surfer herpers are more brokers then breedeers.

JungleHabitats
12-17-2003, 01:12 PM
But then thats EVEN more of a issue then to me ... Why would you take someones $ and have them think you have there animal on the way ....now if he did infact try to locate a animal for him and told him on two different occasions it was " on the way" and never located it thats wrong . Or i would think if it were me ... to keep peace be upfront and say ' i dont have them but im looking or something i would lead anyone to beleive that i had something here that i didnt. just can lead to to many problems and misunderstandings. ... well none the less ihope it gets straightend out for both ( mainly the buyers sake)

KNOBTAIL
12-17-2003, 01:51 PM
he may have had access to them at one time, and the party who apparently was going to sell them to Jon, may have backed out. Its only an assumption on my part, but you are right. It would have been better had the animals in question were in Jons hands before the sale was consummated.

Although the sale may have blown up in Jons face, and he may have been slow in responding, I would just consider it poor business management rather than him trying to beat someone for money. What potential buyers may want to do in the future, if their is a future, is to ask him if he has the animal onhand.

BILLY WILLIAMS
12-17-2003, 02:59 PM
what happened to my lengthy post? Did it get deleted? Did anybody see it. Let me know, for I can re-enter it...

bob mendyk

JungleHabitats
12-17-2003, 04:36 PM
unless you left your name out of it i doubt it was deleted . Maybe webslave might remeber if it was deleted ? i know ihave been tabing this thread and last post i saw from you was http://www.junglehabitats.com/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=27
hmm maybe i dont have the screen capture down yet to show lol the date is 12-01-03 on that post

Python Dreams
12-17-2003, 09:03 PM
I purchased a 100% Het for Albino Female from Jon this past year. She is a beautiful Ball Python and the only problem with the transaction was that he never emailed me the paperwork after I sent him a photo. I don't plan on selling this Het so I really dont care about the paperwork and never asked him again after I sent him the photo. I also wanted to see some Pastel's he was advertising and he brought two (also brought two hets), one of which I am still hurting for not buying.... So I know that he does have animals on hand for at least some of his adds. His truck was huge and very nice, and his appearance was very clean. He was friendly and seems like a really cool guy.. That's about all I know about him..
Jerry,
The only reason I posted is because you made me laugh and I am curious what the "beach surfer herpers" statement was all about? I'm really more just amused by the statement, but want to break it down a little since I happen to live near the beach (Laguna Niguel), surf (18 years), and I am into herps (Pythons).... I know Jon surfs since we talked about and he does tow-in surfing which takes some serious courage in very dangerous waves (waves that are so big that you need to be towed into them with a jet ski because you cannot paddle fast enough).. What is implied by this "Beach Surfer Herper" comment???? :-) ;-) :-) ;-) :-) ;-) :-) ;-)
Thanks, Tom Baker

BILLY WILLIAMS
12-17-2003, 09:24 PM
Hi everyone,

Just to let you know where I currently stand:

Yes, Jon had sent back my money in check form. However, prior to him sending it back to me, I asked him for his honest opinion, on whether or not he would be able to get me my animals. He said that he would have them to me within a week of me recieving the check, so we both decided that I hold the check for when the animals arrive, and then I would simply send the uncashed check back to him. He sent the check back to me, because he thought that I though he was trying to screw me over, which was not the case; I just wanted my animals that I payed for. Anyways, he said that his buddy had two females and he was going to pick up a male from somebody else. I didn't hear from him for a couple of days, so I called him, and then, he said that that deal might fall through, and that he might be able to get a pair from some other guy. He said he would call me back with more info about them, and he never did. That was the last I heard from him.. Disgruntled, I have decided that I want my money back and will be taking my business to somebody else. I have been trying to contact him for the past few days now, to find out whether or not this 1800 dollar check will clear or not, because I do not think that after all I've been through,I should have to pay the fee for a bounced check. Being an out of state check, I must wait several days, and by him not letting me know what the deal is; if it is good for the cash, is only delaying matters further.

What really pisses me off about the whole situation, is that he was never honest with me to begin with. First, after initially speaking with him,and sending him money to hold the hatchlings that he was raising up, until they were ready to ship, I was led to believe that he did in fact, like he said, have a group of hatchling kimberly rocks. After all the bs over the past few months, he then offers me a trio of 10 month olds; two females from one person and a male from another- mixing foreign animals with eachother to fill my order, without any period of quarantine.... Then, that wasn't going to work out, so he offered me the pair of 13 month olds. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TRIO OF JUVIES THAT I HAD ORIGIONALLY PAID FOR, which he told me he had separted from the other hatchlings, so mine would be acclimated to eachother by the time he shipped..DID HE NOT HAVE THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE?? Jon lied to me from day one, making me think that he did in fact have the animals that I was looking for, meanwhile the whole time he stalled, delayed, and failed to respond to my messages, he was really calling around trying to find an animal here, and an animal there, that he could schlep together to "make me happy" and fulfill his end of the deal. I was never really interested in adults/subadults, I wanted juvies to raise up, because they would do better in an environment, where they are acclimated to one another. This was no longer a possiblity.

So, basically, what I am saying, is that I will NEVER try to do business with Jonathan Levy again, nor would I even contemplate on recommending him to anybody else. He lies to your face, and tries to sell you animals that he gathered up behind your back from unknown sources. Stay away unless you want to go through the pain and frustration that I did, as well as some other people that posted here. Take care, my novel now comes to an end...(hopefully, given my check clears...)

bob mendyk

JungleHabitats
12-17-2003, 09:35 PM
thanks for clearing the smoke on the deal ...
i hate that you had to deal with all the BS'ing around you got i know it must really suck ...
Now if i were you i would lookup the bank the check is drawn on and see if you can verify funds .. you might also be able to do that at your bank explain them the deal and ask them to run the check first . While that will only guarantee its there at that point but not that it will be when the check sits in a 10 day hold ... hope it works out for you there .
Alan

KNOBTAIL
12-17-2003, 11:24 PM
run to the bank with the check and put it into collection. Your bank will know what to do once you indicate that is what you want to do. The check at that point will not be credited to your account, but because its a "collection item" will move through the federal reserve faster than a deposited check. It actually gets mailed to his bank and is presented for payment. You should never hold onto your money on someone elses account. I am glad you got this resolved.

With regard to my surfer comment. I used to live in Ca. while attending college, and saw how laid back these people were. They really took their time with everything. Being from NYC, my internal clock was ticking much faster than these Calif. slowpokes. Everything is rush rush when your from NY. The west coast people are more laid back. Thats all I meant, nothing beyond that. Seaasons greetings to all. JERRY

dwedeking
12-18-2003, 12:02 AM
So Dude, ... like, chill on the surfer bashing. Your 'tude is way to agro for this forum, man.

Your building some serious bad karma.

:D

The BoidSmith
12-18-2003, 12:11 AM
Hey Daniel, where's the emoticon with the pinky and thumb extended? :)

brucestephenson
12-18-2003, 12:35 AM
So do we agree now that Jerry does officially get credit for inventing the word "beach surfer herper"?

Wilomn
12-18-2003, 12:38 AM
Well, I reckon ya gotta give him credit for something (smile knobby it's a joke) so it may as well be the term- beach surfer herper. Sort of make me wish I was a surfer. Oh well.

Wes Pollock

brucestephenson
12-18-2003, 12:39 AM
And do we all agree that the definition is lazy, sleazy herper from California?

Wilomn
12-18-2003, 12:42 AM
Hey, I'm not lazy......

Wes Pollock

brucestephenson
12-18-2003, 12:45 AM
Of course, I have the right to say this because only the cream of herp society resides in the Tampa Bay area.