PDA

View Full Version : WebSlave GREAT GUY!!!

Adam Block
11-16-2003, 04:52 AM
Thank you for giving us and allowing us to use this site. I know sometimes you lay in bed and wonder if it's worth the trouble. Please just remember for every hour you spend on this site you've saved somebody 2 hours of trouble, money and that sinking feeling of knowing you got ripped off.

This site is worth it, you make a huge difference to a lot of people and I just wanted to thank you first hand. You have something nobody else here has, you had what it took to stand up for the BOI, for the little people getting scammed, to do the right thing even when you didn't like it or sometimes agree with it.

I know 2% of the users here cause you 98% of the trouble and I'm sorry for my part.

<b>EVERYBODY that agrees with me about the WebSlave please post just to let him know. If the BOI has kept you from loosing money let him know.</b> If you look at the top 10 threads by views or posts none are a good guy thread. That's sad and if any good guy should have a top 10 thread this is the one!

Great job Rich, THANK YOU! :wavey:

Casey Hulse
11-16-2003, 09:37 AM
There is another way to let Rich no you enjoy this (free) site. Make a small donation occasionally. It is very easy since it is linked to paypal, just a couple of clicks.

Casey Hulse
11-16-2003, 09:50 AM
Not enough koffee yet

Mike and Erica @ MotherGecko
11-16-2003, 10:03 AM
Rich Z. thanks once again for the FREE usage of such a great site. And thanks even more for the male amel I picked up at Tampa from you. He is absolutely gorgeous and of course has already fed a handful of times for me since. Too bad you can't breed a morph that doesn't crap as much though, now that would be worth some cake! My only regret is I didn't pick up a couple of the beautiful girls your were offering so insanely cheap.
Anyhow Thanks.
Mike B.

Stardust
11-16-2003, 11:19 AM
Rich Z. has and is still doing something very good and special for all of us.
He has asked for little in return. Donation if you can. Support the site supports by buying from them and asking for input. The latter of the three is a very simple thing to do. Check other areas of the site, see if there is anything you can contribute and then do it.
Sometimes simple a simple thank you is good enough. IMHO with as MUCH as Rich does anything added to those words go along way. I am a firm believer that action speak louder than words, so please, act upon your thanks.

dself40
11-16-2003, 12:17 PM
I have said it before and I will say it again THANKS to Rich I have saved lots of money and time from the scam artisted.And I have also gottn some very nice critters from the classifieds.And have learned alot from the forums.There is no way money or words can even begin to show the appreciation!!!!!!!!Thanks Rich for your time and dedication to this website.I know it has to get old sometime with all the BS folks try and pull but you are still there through thick and thin.

YOU ARE THE MAN RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The BoidSmith
11-16-2003, 12:25 PM
This site is an unvaluable resource. It does take a lot of strength and will power to be able to run it the way you do.

Kindly.

John Apple
11-16-2003, 04:55 PM
The patience you exhibit here amongst your members is extraordinary .....GREAT SERVICE
Believe it or not you are a true pioneer in the herp trade

now do I drink the green or red coolaid O mighty bomber of love:D

gmherps
11-16-2003, 05:44 PM
Appreciate it Rich

ms_terese
11-17-2003, 05:37 PM
It really *is* appreciated, Rich.

WebSlave
11-17-2003, 06:28 PM
Oh, I have no doubts that some of you really do appreciate this site, and I do appreciate the show of hands of people every now and again, but the source of my doubts is whether or not it is worth the headaches. Just today I had yet another person confide in me about filing a lawsuit against someone who has posted on here.

You would think that I would have this site just covered with ads for attorneys! This is one heck of a feeding trough for them!

Generally I like to mind my own business and really don't want to get involved or in the middle of someone else's issues. Was the BOI really such a good idea for someone with my type of attitude? I am in not into power tripping and do not enjoy having to crack the whip around here. And if anything, I feel like I have jumped out into the front of a runaway train, thinking I can stop it myself.

What am I getting out of this? Besides Excedrin moments, that is.

No, I never intended to get anything out of this myself, except maybe those times I had my own problems with bounced checks and whatnot. I had hoped at least those would get resolved. But in the same token, I really didn't expect this to become the work load and headache producer it has, either.

And now I have the tiger by the tail, it seems. Banned by one site, boycotted by another, and who knows what else people are saying behind my back about all this.

I guess the whimsical saying is true after all:

No good turn goes unpunished. :kaboom:

Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
11-17-2003, 07:04 PM
"Was the BOI really such a good idea for someone with my type of attitude?"

I suspect ONLY your type of attitude could do this with the grace you have. I know for sure I would have lost my sense of humour LONG before this, and I often wonder how it is that you don't.

You sound so down. I'm so sorry to hear that.

I won't suggest you "Chear up" (When people say things like that to me I generally go ahead and try to imagine the simp telling me to chear up with his/her hair on fire~ Yeah, that does help, I almost always smile then) :D

I will suggest you look at this site, the number of members, the participation as a whole (I said as a WHOLE, not on the auctions, or polls, or BOI, but as a WHOLE)

NONE of this would be here if it were not for you and your attitude. As frustrating as it MUST be, you have created a community here. Thats kind of neat (Oh <font color=red>[boink]</font>.........now I'm the simp...........I'm going to go put my hair out now)

Adam Block
11-18-2003, 12:57 AM
Just today I had yet another person confide in me about filing a lawsuit against someone who has posted on here.

You know, that's such an uphill battle! Has anybody EVER sued anybody for things said on this site?

You have to show malice, something I would guess to be very hard. Stating facts or saying I feel, I think, my guess and not using finite remarks also would make it hard for any lawyer.

WebSlave
11-18-2003, 02:28 AM
I know. Libel suits are tough to prove. The prosecution has to prove that the defense is lying. Has to prove it was with malicious intent. Has to prove it was damaging. Civil suits are easier to win, but it is still a "reasonable doubt" sort of thing.

But I'm not an attorney and I am sure there are all kinds of wrinkles in there. Generally the only winners in cases like that would be the attorneys themselves. Sure, they would like to chalk up another "win" on their professional scoreboard, but I doubt they care either way about their clients or the issues involved. As long as they get paid, of course.