PDA

View Full Version : Warning Warning Warning ***eliteherps35@aol.com ***must Read***

Mike Panic
11-17-2003, 09:14 AM
I want to share this with you guys so no one get ripped off.

I have an ad on Kingsnake for Lavenders wanted. A few days ago I received an email from a person named Jacob from crazy corn morphs. His email addy is Eliteherps35@aol.com

Here is a pasted copy of his first email.........
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for responding friend. What are you asking for the 00 lavender pair
who are het for stripe/motley? Also what do you want for the pewters.
Thanks. Mike---- Original Message -----

To: <corns@optonline.net>
Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2003 10:12 PM
Subject: Message about: FOLLOWING CORNS WANTED

> I HAVE.1 OPAL CB'01 1.1 LAVENDER CB'00 100% DBL HET STRIPE AND HURRICANE
MOTLEY, AND .1 LAVENDER STRIPE CB LATE '01. MAKE ME AN OFFER AND I WILL SEND
PICS.I ALSO HAVE 2.2 PEWTER(PROVEN) AND 2.3 BLOODREDS(PROVEN)AND 2.2 SNOW
STRIPES AND 2.2 BLIZZARDS.
>
>
> THANKS,
> J.R. CRAZY CORN MORPHS
>
> ----------------------------------------------
> Click on (or cut and paste into you browser's
> location window) the URL below to view the ad that
> this message is in response to.
>
> http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=158089&cat=6
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------
> This message was sent by an unregistered or non logged in user.
>
> Sent 09:12 PM, Nov 15th, 2003 from I.P. Address 205.188.208.42
>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, no problem. I figured I havent heard the name but so what. Because of the animals he has for sale I assume he's a little out of my leage so I ask him how much for the Lavenders het for motley/stripe and the Pewters. He emails me back with this email........

FOR 1.1 LAVENDER $300 FOR 1.1 PEWTER $350 1.1 BLOODRED $200 .1 '02 LAVENDER STRIPE $150. WILL CONSIDER TRADES ON WHITE-SIDED BLACK RAT(MUST BE BREEDER SIZED)OR HETS. EVEN LICORISE STICK BLACK RATS.

JACOB

Obviously there is something immediately wrong with this picture as there is no Lavender stripe for $150.00(especially yearlings) and adult Lavenders het for Motley arent going to cost $300.00

He send me photos of bloodreds, a pewter, a lavender and a Lavender stripe hatchling. I immediately know I have seen the photo of the Lavender stripe before. There just arent that many around. Then, as I'm looking at the photo of the alleged Lavender female het for Motley, I notice its in fact a Type "A" Anerythristic Bloodred not a Lavender at all. As I look more closely, I think, man that snake looks familiar as well. Well, let me tell you why....ITS MY FRIGGIN SNAKE!!!!!!!!!! This guy sent me a photo of my own snake and isnt even smart enough to know its not a Lavender. Then I realize where I saw the lavender stripe photo, its either Walter Smiths or Don Soderbergs.

Unfortunately I let my temper get the better of me and told him good try you $@#@$#$ rather than baiting him in and getting his contact info. I also erased the photos. I will try to recover them. If anyone deals with this guy, BEWARE!!!! Someone who doesnt know Corns that well could get ripped off. If anyone is interested in finding out about the photos, drop me an email. I will try to recover them and forward them to you at your request. Thanks and be careful. Thats why its better to buy from someone reputable. And up until to now, I wasnt sure If the BOI was a great thing but the bottom line is people have a right to know.

Fraternally, Mike Panichi

Carlos
11-17-2003, 03:38 PM
Hey Mike, I got the same e-mail, as you know I have a wanted ad too and this guy e-mail me with a bunch of pictures including one with the title " Lavender Art". He never get back to me as soon I ask him for his full contact info including his phone number. I ask him that if he really have all those corns available to give me a call to close a deal in all of them, no call and no more e-mails. Carlos Lahitte

gmherps
11-17-2003, 04:19 PM
What an idiot!

snakegirl
11-17-2003, 04:53 PM
is crazy corn morphs even a legit place? i looked up the profile for this dude on aol and he has no profile.just wondering if it isn't jeremy stark back at it.

R Reptile Ranch
11-18-2003, 12:20 AM
This is the email I received from this person:

Subj: Message about: HYPO AND HET HYPO'S READY TO GO
Date: 11/15/2003 7:05:02 PM Pacific Standard Time
To: rreptileranch@aol.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)

HI,
I HAVE SOME BEAUTIFUL TANGERINE(NOT TRI-COLOR)ALBINO BREEDERS(2.2)ALOG WITH 3.3 VAN.PATTERN HYPOS(PROVEN),1.1 SUPER HYPOS,2.2 ALBINO(TRI-COLORS)%100 HET ANERY AND 1.2 ANERY HET ALBINO PROVEN(THE ALBINO HETS CROSSED TO THE ANERY HETS PRODUCE SNOW!)IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THESE PLEASE LET ME KNOW I NEED THE ROOM FOR RETIC AND BOA PROJECTS.
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME,
J.R. CORN SNAKE INC.

----------------------------------------------
Click on (or cut and paste into you browser's
location window) the URL below to view the ad that
this message is in response to.

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=161827&cat=6

----------------------------------------------
This message was sent by an unregistered or non logged in user.

Sent 09:04 PM, Nov 15th, 2003 from I.P. Address 205.188.208.42

He seems to have moved from high end corns to high end hondurans.

I'm not posting a bad guy post but I am glad that I saw this post because I was seriously thinking of trading some of my high end corn breeders and yearlings to this guy (about $2000 worth). He sent me about 10 pictures of these snakes and reading this who knows whos pictures these really are.

If anyone would like to see these pictures email me.

Thanks,

R Reptile Ranch
11-18-2003, 12:21 AM
T

Mike Panic
11-18-2003, 06:23 PM
Yeah Carlos, this guy is a scammer and I hope no one send hims cash. What a clown. This is the type of guy who really ruins the entire trust thing. I mean how can you send a thousand dollars to someone you dont know for snakes if there are thieves like this fool around. I hope all is well Carlos, hows the collection by the way? Later. Mike P

Carlos
11-18-2003, 06:45 PM
Mike ..Heah. I notice that something is wrong when he e-mail me the pictures and tell me that the will wholesale all of them. Look like he was desperado to got some one. I glad you don't get screw either. I always ask for a phone # and send the money after I talk with the seller and have the full info . Man A lot of project for next year, working my ..... big time to have all of them ready. Take care.Carlos

R Reptile Ranch
11-19-2003, 12:22 PM
Mike p and or anyone who had deal's with this guy, here is the info he gave me to send my snakes to.

Jacob(j.r corn snake inc)
1511 s.evanston
independence mo 64052
phone 816-833-1184

let me know what happen's with this.

HerpVenue
11-19-2003, 12:37 PM
That number is a cell phone

But here is the information on that address

Moore, Patricia
1511 S Evanston Ave
Independence, MO 64052
(816) 833-1302

Darin Chappell
11-19-2003, 12:49 PM
Mike,

I can always be mistaken, of course, but I don't believe there is anyone in Independence or the KC area that has animals like those listed. I make it my business to know what is being produced here locally, and I think I would have caught on to those types of corn morphs!

However, if you like, I am more than willing to set out some feelers in the local herp societies to see if this guy's name rings a bell with anyone. It may very well prove out that he is using an alias; even so, it's worth a try, and I'm willing to help, if I can.

:bluegrab:

snakegirl
11-19-2003, 03:17 PM
ok everyone he is the 411.......jeremy stark is located in indepencence missouri. his phone number is 816-833-1184....it is not a cell....his address is 1511 evanston.....so this is who you are looking for

swsmith
11-19-2003, 04:12 PM
This guy replied to a post I had on kingsnake asking If was interested in some high end Hundurans. I told him that I was very interested, we worked out a trade. I was going to send him some snakes and $2100.00 for

1.3 Anery het albino
1.3 Albino het anery
1.1 super hypo
1.1 vanishimg pattern hyoi
1.2 albino tangerine

I was supposed to send my snakes and $1000 on monday and send the balance when I received the snakes. But on Sunday I had second thoughts because this sounded to good to be true and I called him(816-833-1184) and asked for Jacob Rich that's what he told me his name was and the man that answered the phone said that there was no Jacob that lived there, so I told him that I had spoken to him about snakes and I know that this was the number, so then he put someone on named Jeremy. I then told Jeremy aka Jakob that I would not be sending snakes or money that i thought I was being scammed and we hung up. After stewing over it a couplemore days I called back and his mother answered and found out that his real name is Jeremy Starke and he lives at 1511 s. evanston st. in independence ,mo
She also told me that he has done this several times. So beware of this guy, his email addy's are eliteherps35@aol.com and eternalviper25@aol.com. I have pics of all the snakes he supposedly had. It'll be interesting to know where he stole the pics from.

swsmith
11-19-2003, 06:03 PM
I just checked terry dunhams site and what do you know, the pics he sent me are from terry's site. I can provide emails with attatched photos for proof if any one needs. What a Scumbag

Mike Panic
11-19-2003, 06:16 PM
Yeah this guy is trouble. Im not looking for him because he didnt beat me out of money but for those who helped uncover this idiot, GOOD JOB! He must have scammed someone and perhaps he will be held accountable now. Thanks

herphobbyist
11-19-2003, 07:40 PM
Jacob emailed me today offering to trade some VERY NICE pits. I took a pass on them since I didn't want to trade my stock. Here is his original email to me.."HI I SEE YOU SPECIALIZE IN PITS I HAVE SOME BREEDERS I NEED TO GET RID OF TO MAKE SPACE FOR BOA PROJECTS.I HAVE APPLEGATE DREAM ALBINO S.D.2.2 GOPHERS,2.3 HYPO SONORAQNS,1.1HYPO GREATBASINS,'LATE '01 HYBINO STILLWATER BULLS,2.2 BLACK PINES.
THANK YOU,
JACOB RICH" I asked for pics of the hypo great basins and hybino stillwater bulls... he sent this pic (attached). After several emails from him trying to push the deal I told him I'd have to pass. Glad I did.. thanks Ron Radloff "The Crawl Space"

Rainbowboaman
11-19-2003, 07:56 PM
He tried to trade me a 9 foot col/sur cross that was a pastel & 100% het for Coral albino LMAO. Just for fun I asked for pics & he sent me some dark ones that look like a boa about 5-6 feet long. I had a feeling he might be a kid or someone trying to pull a scam & might have screwed anyone over so I told him I needed his address to see if he could receive overnight delivery & look what I got? After he sent his address I emailed him & told him it wasn't a pastel as it was an adult & had full sides patern which is almost non-existant on a true Pastel Adult & if he didn't have any paper work to back up his claims all he had was a col/sur cross. He read my email today & didn't respond. Im going to send him a link to this thread so we'll see what happens

Subject: Re: trade
Date: 11/18/2003 1:29:40 PM Eastern Standard Time
Reply To:
To: Rainbow Boa Man
CC:
BCC:
Sent on:

Sent from the Internet (Details)
Internet Address Card Attached

1511 S.EVANSTON
INDEPENDENCE MO.
YES I CAN RECIEVE BEFORE NOON.