PDA

View Full Version : Info on Herman Soler, Herman's Herps

Jillian Tillman
11-18-2003, 04:49 PM
I'm considering buying a 50% het for albino female Boa C. Imperator from him....I see he's been to some herp shows, etc, and I'm looking for any additional information anyone might have, or any experiences/dealings with him in the past.
Thanks guys!
-Jill

max9961
11-18-2003, 11:27 PM
Jill,
Hello. I purchased a 2003 male albino ball python along with some 2002 100% het albino female ball pythons from Hermin Soler earlier this year and I recently purchased a 50% het albino boa female. They are all great eaters, growing fast, and I have not had any problems with any of them. I also live in Miami and have seen his facility. All his animals are well fed and all are healthy. I would definitely not hesitate to buy from him again. He is a great guy to do business with and shared a lot of breeding information with me.

Joel Mesa

Lukkie Seven
11-19-2003, 02:23 PM
Thanks so much, what I wanted to hear :)
Have you started breeding any of yours yet? Are you pretty confident that they are carrying the morphs/traits you paid for?
-Jill

constrictorgeek
11-20-2003, 10:06 PM
Hi Jill, hows it going? Ive known hermin a long time, he is a trustworthy person, and takes great care of his animals, i can guarantee any animal he sells is in perfect condition. hermin and i have done breeding projects in the past, and ive been to his place many times, and i know he puts alot time and effort into his collection. Well, i hope this makes the decision of buying a snake a little easier. Take care. Bill

max9961
11-21-2003, 01:45 PM
hi, yes i have started my own breeding project and im confident that the animals are good and hace their genes. i will breed pastels this year though cause im albinos are not quite ready yet.

Joel Mesa

Jillian Tillman
11-22-2003, 08:37 PM
Due to all the great responses, I decided to go ahead and buy the snake from Hermin. I've sent a deposit, and we're waiting till after the thanksgiving holidays to ship the snake (dont want her getting lost in the mail!!) I can't wait to get her! :) :) :) I'll let you know how it turns out!
-Jill

joels417
11-22-2003, 10:08 PM
I also just purchased a 420g Male Pastel from Hermin, we are more than likely waiting until after Thanksgiving to ship also, unless weather changes for Tuesday delivery.

I'll let everyone know how it turns out. So far he's a great guy, talked to him on the phone a few times, very reasonable, and keeps in touch.

Thanks Hermin, Cant wait to get him.

Joel Smith

Jillian Tillman
12-02-2003, 05:12 PM
Well, I got the little girl in the mail today! It was great doing things with Hermin- he stays on top of stuff and is great about giving updates....and putting up with all my silly questions! She arrived safe and sound, well packed, and settled right into her new home. As it happens, she decided it a prime time to go into shed the day before her shipping, so we'll see how she looks when she's done, but so far so good! As by others, Hermin now comes highly recommended by myself as well!
-Jill

MGReptiles
09-08-2004, 11:12 PM
Any more recent transactions with Hermans Herps? Thanks,
-Matt Graybeal

Jillian Tillman
09-09-2004, 12:59 PM
I haven't done any since, but I still highly recommend him. I would encourage you to drop him a line, email, phone, whatever, he's great about getting back to people and will answer any questions you have. The colombian red tail I got from him is going strong, I've had her for almost a year now, and she just passed her year birthday. She's gotten so big! She always eats, sheds perfect, handles great....I couldn't have asked for a better first boa :)
Do you have his email address btw? The compter I dealt with him on before crashed a while back, so I lost the info. I wanted to give him an update :)
Good luck, let us know how things go if you decide to go with Hermin!
-Jill

MGReptiles
09-09-2004, 01:05 PM
hsreptiles@bellsouth.net I do have to say he is quick at answering his customers. I was wanting to get 1.1 het albino BCi on a 60 day plan. But he only does 30 day, I would have delt with him otherwise.So many boas so little money...lol
-Matt Graybeal

Jillian Tillman
09-09-2004, 01:08 PM
LOL no kidding! My girl was a 50% chance het albino, $100 shipped....i couldn't argue with that! I want to get a baby albino male one of these days, and see what pops out :)
Thanks for the email address! Good luck on your search!
Jill

Hermin Soler
09-09-2004, 06:31 PM
Hello Jillian. I am glad your boa is doing great. Here is an update on the parents of the one you have.

In 2003, I produced 20 babies from a 100% Het Albino x 100% Het Albino. There were no albinos when there were supposed to be 25% albino. So here I knew someone had screwed me and that the babies were only 50% Het Albino. Since I had gotten the male from one guy and the female from another, I did not know who screwed me and did not want to point any fingers until I knew who was the Het. So this past season I bred an Albino male to the same 100% Het Female and produced 20 babies again. This time there were 9 albinos (almost half) so I knew that the female was the Het which I am so happy it was her and not the male. These albinos have turned out very nice along with some of the Hets in this litter. Here is a link of some pics. Just click on "2004 Albinos and Het Albinos" and it will take you to their pics.

www.imageevent.com/hsreptiles

Good Luck,
Hermin Soler

Hermin Soler Reptiles, Inc.
www.hsreptiles.com (Under Construction)
hsreptiles@bellsouth.net
(305)431-6444

Jillian Tillman
09-09-2004, 06:41 PM
Lookin good! I'm sad I'm not ready for another one right now, I would love to pick up one of those 100% het boys, but space is an issue, as usual! I've just started building a 6 foot setup for my girl, and having another one of those suckers around just won't work in our apartment! but I'll keep checking on your site, come the end of the year we should have a house and plenty of room for a boy :)
Thanks again, I couldn't be happier! Did her sibling that you kept ever drop the little 'tude she had goin'?!
-Jill

Hermin Soler
09-09-2004, 06:47 PM
She did drop here attitude alot, but she does have a great feeding response.

Hermin Soler

CONSTRICTORS305
11-07-2004, 02:42 PM
I purchased an 03 female pastel from Hermin. Im new to this forum but just wanted to let all of you know , hes an awesome guy to do business with. I plan on purchasing more from him in the future.

take care

cka
11-07-2004, 05:05 PM
"In 2003, I produced 20 babies from a 100% Het Albino x 100% Het Albino. There were no albinos when there were supposed to be 25% albino. So here I knew someone had screwed me and that the babies were only 50% Het Albino."

While you should have gotten some albino's from that pairing, it wouldn't be a stretch to get all normal looking 66% chance of being het for albino babies...25% is for each baby, not a per litter percentage...yeah, you should have gotten at least one lol, but ya didnt...you've proved the female is a positive het, go ahead and prove the male out with an albino female, Hermin...No one is screwed, you get another litter of albino and het albino boa's, the circle comes around, and perfect albino boa karma is realized....*ching*......peace...

JMReptiles
11-08-2004, 01:56 AM
I have had nothing but good expierence's dealing with Hermin. his animals are always great eaters and nice and clean. always on time. hope this helps.

Joel Mesa
JMReptiles

cahrens
12-04-2005, 08:13 PM
Well I just made a purchase with Hermin and wanted to re-vive this thread with my experience. Hermin was great with answering my questions as well as getting me specific pictures when I asked for them. He has also called a couple times after I received the boa just to check and make sure all is well(which it is). I couldn't be happier with the animal or his customer service. Thanks again Hermin! -Chris Ahrens

garweft
09-30-2006, 11:14 PM
I bought a het albino male a couple of months ago and am very pleased. Hermin shipped when he said he would, and was very quick at answering emails and phone calls. The boa was in great shape, and eats like a champ. Even though I was only buying a $75 animal I got great service. So when I'm ready for an albino I know the first place I'm looking. :thumbsup: