PDA

View Full Version : Isis Reptiles Great!

Andy Fotopoulos
11-19-2003, 11:20 AM
Just got my het hybino brooks from Isis and Mike Madec and wanted to say they were a real pleasure to deal with from start to finish. Great animal, great records, great shipping, yadda yadda yadda. Highly recommended.

Andy Fotopoulos

j007
11-19-2003, 12:28 PM
I got a pair of Womas and some assorted Kings on the way and they have been nothing but great in helping me out with a little storage on them while I am getting some cages ready. Nice folks very helpful and the animals I have gotten from them in the past have been first class--Jim Bond

napavalleysnakes
11-20-2003, 02:14 PM
You can't go wrong with Mike and Isis. Wonderful people with some of the nicest animals in the business.

Stephen Emerick
Napa Valley Snakes (http://www.napavalleysnakes.com)

Mike Panic
11-26-2003, 09:59 AM
They are the most honest people out there with all top notch animals. Folks like these keep the integrety of this hobby going strong. I would'nt hesitate to send a hundred thousand dollars to them(if I had it,LOL) for animals. Thanks

Mike Panichi

KelliH
11-26-2003, 04:02 PM
I have yet to purchase any animals from Isis Reptiles, but they did buy some snakes from us a few weeks ago and I must say dealing with Mike and Isis was a pleasure! Very good people that obviously love their animals. I am 100% sure I will purchase from them in the future.

Thanks for a great experience guys!

shannon
11-28-2003, 01:43 PM
I have known Mike and Isis for several years and I have had the pleasure of buying snakes from them many times.

I can't say enough about the service and the quality of the animals.

Not only did they buy a huge part of the late LLyod lemke's collection they treat there customers the same as LLyod and Sunny did.

shannon brown

billybob
11-11-2004, 09:49 PM
Here is my email after receiving black pine snakes from them:

Dear Isis,

The snakes arrived in good spirits, heat pack still warm, they look great.
I want to thank you for your professionalism. I really appreciate the feed sheets, they are extremely helpful. Your personal tracking of the shipment says a lot. You guys do a great job, couldn't ask for more. Will recommend you to others.

Thanks,

Jason Keyes

ChaosCat
11-12-2004, 12:30 AM
Mike and Isis are excellent people to do business with. I've seen how they keep their snakes and I was extremely impressed by not only the quality of their snakes and the care they give them, but also the professional image of their business.

JESSICA
11-13-2004, 11:21 AM
Isis Reptiles is a great Example of Snake Breeders.
The thing you see about these posts are. Both People and animals are reguarded are wonderful.
I have bought from them in the past and Going to pick up more next week.
I can't think of a reason why anyone would ever have a problem with them or there snakes.
Jesica Gorges

akonitony
12-21-2010, 12:34 AM
C:\Users\Owner\Pictures\nopics.gif

ozz465
12-21-2010, 01:02 AM
Why necro a 6 year old thread with a failed image?

akonitony
12-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Try to find a pic of a hybino brooks and you'll see why. I figured after 6 years, hopefully these hets have produced at least a few. Closest pic I have found so far is of a hybino Florida king, but not a brooksi. Here's a pic:

Huya2ya
11-15-2014, 03:51 PM
I'm bewildered by all of the positive reviews for ISIS REPTILES, because my personal experience with Mike, couldn't be more opposite from what I see here. Particularly about good communication. Wow. I met recently, for a local sale. I live in his general area, so he met me at a local pet store to sell me a male Tricolor Albino Honduran Milk. He greeted me with snarky complaints about my cellphone service...no hello, nice to meet you...no pleasantries whatsoever. Fine, some folks lack people skills, no problem...I was there to buy a nice specimen, not make friends (although it's always nice when it happens). The transaction went smoothly. Several days later, I reached out to him, asking if he had feeders available for sale. The tone of his replies seemed to lack patience, as I may not have given all pertinent details in my first inquiry, explaining specifically what I needed. Ok, no problem. I should have been more accurate the first time around. During this volley of emails, I told him I wanted to purchase the female counterpart to the male Hondo I just bought from him. He told me he could meet me the following day, at the same location where we met the first time. I told him I'd check my schedule, and get back with him. Within several hours, I got back with him, letting him know it would not work, but to please let me know his next trip to Thousand Oaks. AND THAT WAS THE LAST I HEARD FROM HIM. I tried communicating via various venues, including text, email, Kinsnake.com, etc...and the man has not returned a single one of my inquiries. I obviously offended or ticked him off somehow, but am clueless as to what I did. I asked him to please let me know what I did, but he's chosen to completely ignore me, not do business with me, nor return any form of communication I've sent. That's just not right to do to a person, even if I did unintentionally offend him somehow. A person has a right to know, and an opportunity to apologize...at the very least. Life's too short, and these are just snakes...everything in it's proper perspective here. But a vendor like this, certainly has lessened my enjoyment of this hobby. I didn't want to write this review, and gave him SO many chances to explain things. I figured that maybe personal problems, internet connection, etc. could play a role in him not responding to me. But I see him continue to post his ads on Kingsnake.com (for the very snake I've been asking to buy!), so I know he's active and doing business. I've never been treated in this manner, by anybody I've ever done any kind of business with.

Dennis Hultman
11-15-2014, 06:52 PM
I don't know Randy, but are you going to target every good guy thread to let people know he hasn't made the effort to sell you another snake?

Wouldn't one thread be enough? Although, you're not complaining about the purchase you made. You are not complaining about the quality of your snake or the transaction you had but that he will not contact you again to sell you another. What if he just doesn't like you? How much time have you given him?

Apparently, life isn't to short because you believe it is worth the energy to bring up these threads to state he will not contact you to sell you another snake. For whatever reason it appears he doesn't want to do business with you again.

Just a FYI, kingsnake ads (at least years ago it was this way)can be automatically renewed. Doesn't mean he placed the ads again because you noticed them again.

You stated you met recently at a local shop but haven't given a timeline.

That transaction as you stated went smoothly.

The transaction went smoothly. Several days later, I reached out to him, asking if he had feeders available for sale.

It appears you then called him back after purchasing to ask questions about feeders. That part seems to be very vague. Just that you apologized for not being accurate and then wanted to purchase another snake. He agreed to the next day and you couldn't. That was it. You didn't state when that was, just that you have tried to contact him multiple times on multiple sites and haven't heard back from him yet.

So you thought it was a good idea to tag his good guy threads with this? That would sure make someone want to sell you another snake.

I don't know what the problem is. If he just doesn't want to have a business relationship with you or if it has to do with the timeline between your conversations and the time you posted here.

However, I can tell you what my personal experience with Mike and Isis has been.

I have purchased from him. I showed up at his house with children in-tow and they both were very professional, friendly and positive with my inquisitive children that I brought unannounced. I was able to see a great collection that was maintained in excellent condition. I give them an A+

About ten years ago when I first started breeding species of Antaresia, I emailed and called Mike for advise and he freely gave it and his valuable time with a invitation to call him if I had more questions. A+

I've interacted with him at shows and it has always been positive and pleasant. Overall great communication, professional and friendly.

I also know many that have been treated similarly which is also evident by their history here, at shows and other places around the net.

I'm sorry about the bewilderment and can identify. Isis reptiles has many years in this community. More than a dozen positive threads and hundreds of positive reviews here and at shows.

I tell you what though, If someone can seriously lessen your enjoyment of this hobby by simply not contacting you back about buying a snake, your skin is going to be pretty bruised and beaten in this hobby.

Dennis Hultman
11-15-2014, 07:06 PM
Several days later, I reached out to him, asking if he had feeders available for sale. The tone of his replies seemed to lack patience, as I may not have given all pertinent details in my first inquiry, explaining specifically what I needed. Ok, no problem. I should have been more accurate the first time around. During this volley of emails, I told him I wanted to purchase the female counterpart to the male Hondo I just bought from him. He told me he could meet me the following day, at the same location where we met the first time. I told him I'd check my schedule, and get back with him.

You stated the communication was poor and lacked patience. How about you post them with a timeline?

Dennis Hultman
11-15-2014, 07:37 PM
To add-

One thing that "erks" me when people posts complaints like this.

You liked him well enough to make the purchase. You liked him well enough to contact him again to try and purchase feeders. You liked him well enough to try and purchase another snake from him but you had to add this part in to the story.

He greeted me with snarky complaints about my cellphone service...no hello, nice to meet you...no pleasantries whatsoever. Fine, some folks lack people skills, no problem...I was there to buy a nice specimen, not make friends (although it's always nice when it happens).

Is this just fluff to shape up a story or what? I mean, you liked him well enough to go ahead with the purchase and contact him again for multiple other purchases. So apparently it wasn't something that was a negative impact on you or the transaction. You stated it went smoothly and obviously you wanted to do more business with him.

Huya2ya
11-16-2014, 12:37 AM
Hi, Dennis

Indeed, I did not bring up the quality of the reptile I purchased, because I'm quite pleased with it. You had a great personal experience with this vendor, and are overly loyal to him. Great! My experience was quite different than yours, and everyone else's who's posts I've read. Does this mean that I don't have a right to speak of my poor experience with communication or their lack of continued customer support/relations? I requested a receipt from my purchase, and have been ignored. You said perhaps he didn't like me...fine...just send my receipt. You said I did not mention any complaints about the quality of his reptiles. You are correct, I did not, so why mention what I "didn't" include in my post? I spoke of how I was treated as a customer at the point of sale, and the frustration in not knowing why my contact has been ignored. That's just discourteous, and rude. Maybe someone else experienced this as well, and it would be interesting to hear about it. Of course I wanted another one of his snakes, and was willing to deal with a less than diplomatic, less than polished person to get one. In a Seinfeld world, people still lined up to get soup, even though they weren't exactly treated very nicely by the guy who sold it to them. Soup na#i had some good soup! Mike has good reptiles! Maybe he doesn't like me. Tell me!!! Give me the courtesy of a return email, text, kingsnake.com message. Timeline; purchase snake Oct. 18, 2014. Last time I heard from him regarding feeders, October 24. Thanked him for info, stated that I'd be back in touch soon. Reached out to let him know that I wanted to order feeders and buy another advertised reptile on October 29, and have been trying ever since, with no reply. He also told me that when his Kingsnake.com ads expire, he needs to manually input them. I get the impression by your tone, and other's tones here, that you think he's a "good guy", and I don't have a right to post my negative customer relation experience I had with Isis. Is this so?

Huya2ya
11-16-2014, 12:48 AM
OK, Dennis...I thought all of these posts were from different people, but I see they are all from you. When I mentioned "others here" having an offended tone to my post, I now see there are 3 from you. Allow me to further shed light on why I've been less than pleased with Isis, and felt justified in my post.

My very first encounter with ISIS Reptiles, was through Kingsnake.com, last January, 2014. I sent them a message, inquiring about a pair of Hypo Honduran Milk Snakes they had advertised for sale on KS. I asked if they'd be willing to sell me only ONE of the pair at the Reptile Super Show in Pomona, which they were a vendor at, the following day. Mike replied, saying that he'd be there, and if he did not sell the pair "by the end of the show", that he would sell me the one I wanted. I did get to the show early, and planned to stay all day. I went directly to his booth, and noticed that (although early in the show), only one of the pair was there...and NOT the one I was interested in. I asked Mike where the individual was that I was interested in, and he casually said that someone wanted to buy it, so he sold it. I reminded him about what he told me, saying he'd only sell individually, if no one bought the pair by the end of the show. He just shrugged his shoulders, and said "what do you want, someone wanted to buy it, so I sold it. No apology, excuse,...nothing. Not cool! Yes!! I am bewildered by so many glowing reviews about him! If someone gets any information about what egregious sin I committed, leading to radio silence and banishment...please advise. Don't do business with me if you don't want to. It is a beaten cliche about being a free country...but do me the human courtesy of telling me. Be an adult.

Dennis Hultman
11-16-2014, 01:31 AM
Of course you have a right to give your opinion. There is nothing preventing you giving your experience here regardless of how many satisfied customers someone has. Same goes with replies to such posts. Based on what you supplied in your initial post, I countered with my opinion of what I read.

I have no idea why you are having the problems you state.

Huya2ya
11-16-2014, 01:58 AM
Neither do I, Dennis. I did want to do business with him again, based on the specimen I received, despite poor business etiquette I experienced. I am picky, and he does have nice stock, dog gone it! I also had the opportunity to save the shipping fee, dealing with a local breeder. Also, a good local feeder connection would have been a G-dsend. Wouldn't you be frustrated, not knowing why the owner of a business ignores your attempts to do further business, cutting you off from what you'd like to purchase? No rhyme or reason? Again, these are snakes...there are many, many more important issues going on in the world, and my life...it's just an irritating situation, and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced same. I'm still bewildered, Dennis!

Thank you for your more reasonable and measured reply.