PDA

View Full Version : KS's ball python forum meltdown

WebSlave
11-19-2003, 03:29 PM
A few little birdies have told me that kingsnake.com's ball python forum has gone into meltdown. Apparently went the same way that the field herping forum did a little while back. People got censored, got irritated about being censored, maybe some people got banned for expressing their irritation, then the whole forum got taken off line.

Yeah, THAT will fix the problem, for sure..... :blowup:

NEWReptiles
11-19-2003, 05:02 PM
And I think its funny as hell.

Alot of the posters on that forum were knobs anyway.

ldydrgn
11-19-2003, 06:53 PM
HAH!! Serves them right. When I got back into keeping snakes (spring 2000) I joined up over there and posted pics, etc.

As I read through the forum more and more, I saw that it was nothing but a pissing contest about who could come up with the latest "morph". I was thoroughly disgusted! I posted that I could care less about the "morphs", that I love the animals and not the high an' mighty dollar. My Royal may have been normal, but he is deserving of all my love and respect as they ALL are.

Someone posted after me that someone finally got it right... another posted saying, "Well, aren't you just better than everyone else." I never went back after that kind of response. All they care about over there is "ooh ooh see my pictures" and "how much is THIS worth". Sickening...

*sigh* I look forward to the day the entire site has a meltdown.

Steph Scranton
11-19-2003, 06:56 PM
Gone. I read this post and decided to go check......yep it's gone. Apparently, from what I have been reading, a few users got peeved at the moderator and flooded the forum with posts that just said "dead". Not sure just yet, what brought it on.

Mark Schmidtke
11-19-2003, 08:18 PM
The usual Kingsnake reaction to users getting mad and staging a protest against censorship. Ralph Davis (the guy who was censored) has put up a new public ball python forum if anyone is interested. Here is the URL.

http://members5.boardhost.com/ballpythonroom/

sorry Webslave if this post is out of place, but I thought with your viewpoint on censorship you wouldn't mind.

Mark

:D

Odd Ball Exotics
11-19-2003, 08:19 PM
There is a lot more into it then most people know. When the time comes I'm sure the parties involved will come forth and tell their side of the story. Lets just say a really bad person kept getting patted on the back and their hand held by the KS mods and the normal nice people got REALLY sick of it.

JungleHabitats
11-19-2003, 08:23 PM
See the forum members Buck the system withthere DEAD posts.lol im sure the moderator LOVED that ... all great civilaztions end up in a grumbling wriggling pile of there own demise when people cant get along .... Im guessing there Boa forum will be next on the DEAD list

WebSlave
11-19-2003, 09:37 PM
Mark - I suppose it has escaped most people's notice that there is a Ball Python Forum on this very site.

Cleverly Hidden Ball Python Forum (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=244)

Actually, I am seriously thinking about renaming the entire Discussion Forums section as the Invisible Discussion Forums.

I guess I am surprised that those people protesting their treatment in the ks ball python forum don't post those "dead" messages in all of the other forums they visit there. Or do those people ONLY visit that one forum and no others? Kind of like here....

Steph Scranton
11-19-2003, 10:16 PM
I think like me...alot of people read forums, they just don't post alot. For example, I read the BOI several times a day. I don't post there often though. But that's just me....:)

WebSlave
11-20-2003, 05:10 AM
Well, with there soon to be a large influx of ball python related websites on the banned and censored list over at kingsnake.com (my opinion), I have gone and set up a web ring set up exclusively for those sites and people who are being censored from the forums over there.

I am calling it The [Bleep] Web Ring (http://www.faunatopsites.com/ring/index.php), for obvious reasons.

Anyone who fits into this category is welcome to join in and be listed on the ring. New registrants may be asked to provide some evidence that they are most certainly qualified to be listed in this VERY exclusive club.

If you enter your site and get rejected because you do not qualify, don't give up hope! There is a very strong likelihood that sooner or later you will be able to join us in due time.

Take a look down at the bottom of the page and jump the hub page or just scan through the sites in the ring.

Enjoy!!

Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
11-20-2003, 09:21 AM
I don't know if he really will ban anyone over this. Some of the bigger names and his bigger advertisers participated. Unless I am mistaken, it was a thread between Ralph Davis and someone else that started the whole thing. (Guessing as by the time I showed up, all that was left were the complaints over on Davis's bourd about things being deleted, edited, and moved) Ralph Davis, Tracy Barker and Nerd all chimed in on the "Dead" posts. Those 3 right there are 3 of the largest advertisers of balls over at KS. There may have been some other large breeders as well, and a lot of small breeders and hobbiests.

This morning the Ball board is back at KS, and Ralph Davis's advertising is still there as well. Only the posts are missing.

JungleHabitats
11-20-2003, 10:35 AM
That [bleep].com got word of his site getting gustapoized and didnt want to loose out to this site so he put it back up

Jeff Stringer
11-20-2003, 07:13 PM
Count me in! ;)

WebSlave
11-21-2003, 04:15 AM
Hey Jeff! Put the code up on your site so I can activate your membership in the ring.

Who else do we know that is banned from kingsnake? I sent an email to RedTailBoa.net, as I think they are banned, but haven't heard anything back from Natas about it. Christian already has the ring code up on fieldherpers.com.

ldydrgn
11-21-2003, 07:23 PM
WebSlave... You sent the e-mail directly to Shane (spamcop), right? Just want to double check since it isn't in the admin mailbox. :)

WebSlave
11-21-2003, 08:43 PM
Yes, I did send the invite to Shane. He can use the link in my earlier message in this thread or use the banner at the bottom of the page on this site to go there and register to get into the ring.

Thanks!

WebSlave
11-26-2003, 08:49 PM
Oh well, I guess the [bleep] web ring wasn't such a funny idea after all. Only had one other site sign up for it, so I'm not going to bother with it. I thought there would be more sites that would want to be in an exclusive club and get some additional free advertising, but I guess not.

Oh well.

I'll be taking it down sometime tonight.

Sand&SunReptile
09-05-2004, 04:57 PM
KingSnake has some defenite figuring to do. They are sliding down hill, especially with all these censoring and whatnot.
They are losing support, and everyone is catching on to the fact that they aren't that great of a board.
As previously mentioned, it is all just about who has the "biggest gun". Nobody gives a hoot about moneyless value. If that makes any sense to anybody at all. Just about, "if I sold mine, I'd get twice the money as you would if you sold yours".
I think I'll stick to Fauna, way more involving. Plus there are a ton of more places to stick my nose in. LOL.

snakegetters
09-13-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by WebSlave
Oh well, I guess the [bleep] web ring wasn't such a funny idea after all. Only had one other site sign up for it, so I'm not going to bother with it. I thought there would be more sites that would want to be in an exclusive club and get some additional free advertising, but I guess not.

Are you sure the code is working correctly? I signed up, figuring that if you decided my site was not of any interest to ball python owners you could always delete it. But if you didn't see my signup then something isn't working in the code.

Seamus Haley
09-13-2004, 10:29 PM
Are you sure the code is working correctly? I signed up, figuring that if you decided my site was not of any interest to ball python owners you could always delete it. But if you didn't see my signup then something isn't working in the code.

Hey uhhh Tanith... *When* did you try to sign up?

I only ask because the Webslave pretty much announced that he was killing the idea of the webring on November twenty sixth, two thousand three.... Shortly before you became a registered member here and long before you were severing your ties with Kingsnake.com.

Someone bumped a post that was close to a year old, which- whenever it happens, always causes some bizzare replies.