PDA

View Full Version : Inquiry: Moe at US Boids

towertsk
11-20-2003, 02:51 AM
I'm buying some boas from Moe (Barry Morrisson). Just trying to get feel of other peoples experiences with him, either good or bad. Thanks

Allan McHenry

Neil Gubitz
11-20-2003, 08:49 AM
I've done business with Moe, and I've spoke to him on the phone, and we've emailed each other quite a number of times.... I've never had a problem and you shouldn't either!.... Enjoy!

Neil

CrocEnc
11-20-2003, 10:30 AM
I am in the process of acquiring an animal from Barry(Moe). He emailed me and accepted my offer. I sent him a postal MO overnight. I haven't heard from him since but it was signed for. I guess he'll be contacting me today for shipping.

I'll let you know how it turns out. So far he seems like a good guy.

towertsk
11-20-2003, 10:49 AM
I talked to him several times on the phone. He seems like a good guy. He's supposed to be shipping my animals out today? I'll update the board when I receive the animals.

Allan

LindaH
11-21-2003, 01:54 AM
Last winter I bought 2 Hogg Islands from Barry. I specifically wanted reduced pattern, reduced contrast, minimal speckling. He had one girl like this and found me another one. They were exactly what I wanted and exactly as represented. I haven't purchased anything from him since then, but that transaction was great!!

Linda Hedgpeth
Susanville, CA

CrocEnc
12-08-2003, 01:41 PM
It has been weeks since I placed my order with Barry(Moe) I have received minimal communication and no livestock.

A shipping date wasestablished and missed.

I have requested a refund.

He seems like an honest enough fella, I am at a loss how to explain this situation. I have ordered alot of animals via the net, and have never encountered a situation like this before.

If it reaches a positive conclusion I will post it.

towertsk
12-08-2003, 01:58 PM
I'm still waiting for my animals from Moe (Barry Morrison). We had 2 scheduled shipping dates and he missed them both!! I've been trying to call him constantly with no answer. Also sent multiple emails with no replys. Based on posts from the BOI and speaking with him seems like a good guy but slow to respond. So I don't know what to think of the situation? I hope this ends positively, but will post the resolution regaurdless.

Allan McHenry

CrocEnc
12-10-2003, 11:25 AM
More days have passed, no email or call.

More and more this looks like a deal that will be turning ugly.

Which is a real shame as I've never had a problem ordering from someone via the internet before.

Greg Riso
12-10-2003, 02:57 PM
but I think over three months is time enough to give someone a chance to get their act together. It started when I purchased an adult female DH Snow boa from Moe. Even though I overnighted payment of $2,200 for her to be shipped via the airlines same day service Moe took a few weeks to get the animal out. The airlines screwed things up and the animal didn't arrive until the next day after having been sent (not Moe's fault). When I finally did open up the contents in front of the airlines personnel I was pretty embaressed when a cockroach climbed out from the box. Right then and there I knew I was in trouble. I then proceeded to see the styro box cover with an adult mite crawling on the OUTSIDE surface of the lid. Now I thought to myself, if this guy's on the outside I can imagine what the inside must look like. Sure enough upon opening I saw quite a few more mites and only verified the animal was alive before leaving.
When I got home I immediately opened up the contents and can honestly say I've never seen such an infestation in my life. I left everything about 100 feet from my home except the snake which I took straight to the bathtub for treatment.
Amazingly enough the animal was otherwise in good health with good body weight and nice looking. When I told Moe via e-mail about the mite infestation he exploded saying it was not possible and he had no idea where those could have come from. He also stated I was just trying to get some money back and this was just a ploy to do so (I never asked for any compensation).
To top it off the original paperwork from VPI to verify the het status of the animal was not included as promised. I requested this be sent and Moe said although he couldn't find it anywhere he swore he had it, would find it, and send it soon.
After waiting patiently for a few more weeks I wrote Moe again and received the following read from bottom to top.:

----- Original Message -----
To: Barry Morrison
Sent: November 12, 2003 3:53 AM
Subject: Re: Het Dcumentation

I found the <font color=red>[bleep]</font>ing paperwork brother......Its outta state and was in my brothers snake papers for some reason..I just wanted to let you know that I'm still here and as soon as I get the papers I'll send them to you...... Moe

To: MATRIXNINJA70@aol.com
Sent: October 07, 2003 11:29 AM

Greg
I'm still looking for the paperwork,I know its here because the boa really came from VPI and is 100% dou-het snow...You will get your paperwork, the original paperwork from Dave and Tracy Barker..I know its bothering you,its <font color=red>[bleep]</font>ing killing me...I also found a few mites in my collection,and found them on some rats I had purchased from a local petshop...So I'll send you some money for your trouble and my mistake....I'm sorry about that and this paperwork,but I'll get you squared away as soon as I can .........please bare with me........Moe

To: jbmor@earthlink.net
Sent: October 07, 2003 9:36 AM
Subject: Het Dcumentation

Moe,

I'm still waiting for the paperwork on this female. You promised you'd send it weeks ago. Please get it to me immediately.

Greg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notice that in one letter Moe admitted to having found mites in his collection and says he's going to send me some cash along with the paperwork for my troubles. Well, after three months of being pateint I think I've waited long enough so I'm bringing out the truth here about my transaction with Moe. It looks like the only way I'm going to verify this het is to prove her out which one of my males is working on doing right now. If I paid $2,200 for a normal female adult Colombian needless to say I'm going to be very upset. I won't know until she hopefully bears offspring months down the road
Good luck with the rest of you. I have a feeling your animals are most likely being treated for mites or cockroaches so maybe it's just as well you haven't seen them yet.

CrocEnc
12-10-2003, 03:07 PM
It is my hope that he turns out to be a decent guy. I get no email, no phone messages, nothing.

It's been weeks and frankly I'm losing faith in this fella. Maybe he'll come through though.

towertsk
12-10-2003, 03:17 PM
It's very sad that people have to experience situations like this in our business. Greg I hope she proves out for you and you get the snow boas that you've invested in. As for Chris and I, I hope we get our refund that we've asked Moe for. As the situation progress I'll update the thread accordingly.

Allan McHenry

towertsk
12-11-2003, 02:50 PM
It seems that Moe has been really sick with the flu and pneumonia. He appologized for the delay in responding and he said,

"The quickest I can get a refund out is the first of next week."

So I'll have to wait and see. I'll post again next week with the out come.

Allan

gmherps
12-11-2003, 03:02 PM
encouraging that he contacted you. The flu and pneumonia are nothing to kid around with. My wife and kid have both had them both this year, and each of them were down for 2.5 weeks.
I hope everything woks out for you!

CrocEnc
12-11-2003, 03:06 PM
He said the same to me.

Said a refund sent this week or early next.

I will also post as soon as I get it.

CD

CrocEnc
12-16-2003, 10:21 AM
update:
Tuesday and I have no refund as of yet

will update again.

towertsk
12-17-2003, 08:04 PM
I received an email from Moe today saying,

"I'm working on it Allen,dont have it this second......but I will.............................................. .........Moe".

This is not sounding good. His previous email said that he would have it early this week. I'll keep this thread updated as I hear more.

CrocEnc
12-18-2003, 11:19 AM
I received essentially the same email.

I am simply blown away by all of this. I have never in all my years of keeping herps, over 20, had anything like this happen.

You place an animal for sale, you accept money from others, you send the animal seems simple. When life complicates things so you can't ship said animal, you offer a refund. How hard is it to write a check and mail it.

You should not spend the funds sent to you until your customer is satisfied.

I need resolution of this within the next 2 weeks or I will be going to any and all authorities that deal with theft. Which is exactly what I feel this is becoming. It will then be a criminal matter.

I still hold out hope for a adequate resolution and if this happens I will post positive comments to the thread.

Greg Riso
01-03-2004, 01:46 AM
I've not heard one peep out of Moe after posting here a few weeks ago. Does anyone else involved have any information to update this thread? Have you received your refunds or any feedback whatsoever?

towertsk
01-03-2004, 05:23 PM
I received an email from Moe earlier. He promised a refund in January, and if I don't receive the refund I'll be taking action immediately. Hope everyone else if having better luck then I am.

CrocEnc
01-05-2004, 03:01 PM
I received emails from him as well.

He said he will refund my money this month. We have set a date for the refund.

The question I keep asking myself is, why would you offer to sale something and then not sell it? Or spend the funds before the deal was done?

If and when he comes through I will post the experience here.

SERPENTS DEN
01-06-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Greg Riso
but I think over three months is time enough to give someone a chance to get their act together. It started when I purchased an adult female DH Snow boa from Moe. Even though I overnighted payment of $2,200 for her to be shipped via the airlines same day service Moe took a few weeks to get the animal out. The airlines screwed things up and the animal didn't arrive until the next day after having been sent (not Moe's fault). When I finally did open up the contents in front of the airlines personnel I was pretty embaressed when a cockroach climbed out from the box. Right then and there I knew I was in trouble. I then proceeded to see the styro box cover with an adult mite crawling on the OUTSIDE surface of the lid. Now I thought to myself, if this guy's on the outside I can imagine what the inside must look like. Sure enough upon opening I saw quite a few more mites and only verified the animal was alive before leaving.
When I got home I immediately opened up the contents and can honestly say I've never seen such an infestation in my life. I left everything about 100 feet from my home except the snake which I took straight to the bathtub for treatment.
Amazingly enough the animal was otherwise in good health with good body weight and nice looking. When I told Moe via e-mail about the mite infestation he exploded saying it was not possible and he had no idea where those could have come from. He also stated I was just trying to get some money back and this was just a ploy to do so (I never asked for any compensation).
To top it off the original paperwork from VPI to verify the het status of the animal was not included as promised. I requested this be sent and Moe said although he couldn't find it anywhere he swore he had it, would find it, and send it soon.
After waiting patiently for a few more weeks I wrote Moe again and received the following read from bottom to top.:

To: Barry Morrison
Sent: November 12, 2003 3:53 AM

I found the <font color=red>[bleep]</font>ing paperwork brother......Its outta state and was in my brothers snake papers for some reason..I just wanted to let you know that I'm still here and as soon as I get the papers I'll send them to you...... Moe

To: MATRIXNINJA70@aol.com
Sent: October 07, 2003 11:29 AM

Greg
I'm still looking for the paperwork,I know its here because the boa really came from VPI and is 100% dou-het snow...You will get your paperwork, the original paperwork from Dave and Tracy Barker..I know its bothering you,its <font color=red>[bleep]</font>ing killing me...I also found a few mites in my collection,and found them on some rats I had purchased from a local petshop...So I'll send you some money for your trouble and my mistake....I'm sorry about that and this paperwork,but I'll get you squared away as soon as I can .........please bare with me........Moe

To: jbmor@earthlink.net
Sent: October 07, 2003 9:36 AM
Subject: Het Dcumentation

Moe,

I'm still waiting for the paperwork on this female. You promised you'd send it weeks ago. Please get it to me immediately.

Greg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notice that in one letter Moe admitted to having found mites in his collection and says he's going to send me some cash along with the paperwork for my troubles. Well, after three months of being pateint I think I've waited long enough so I'm bringing out the truth here about my transaction with Moe. It looks like the only way I'm going to verify this het is to prove her out which one of my males is working on doing right now. If I paid $2,200 for a normal female adult Colombian needless to say I'm going to be very upset. I won't know until she hopefully bears offspring months down the road
Good luck with the rest of you. I have a feeling your animals are most likely being treated for mites or cockroaches so maybe it's just as well you haven't seen them yet.

Greg,

I was going to do a trade with Moe in the past. He sent me pics and the Boa was unreal looking. When I recieved it I was so disappointed that it didn't look nearly close as nice as the pics he sent me but it was the same snake. Also before he sent the snake out to me he had asked me if I had anything for mites and told him I could send him a can of Provent-a-Mite with the snakes I would be sending him in return for the snake he sent me. Anyway since the snake was not worth what I offered him I told him I would send his snake back and also told him I had taken care of the mite investation on the snake he sent me. He replied with an attitude and blatantly told me the snake never had mites....whatever. It was covered ih mites but I was not going to argue with him and simply returned his animal.
Why would he ask me for something to kill mites beats me.....
I hope your DH proves out for you and I hope you other people get your refunds!

towertsk
01-15-2004, 01:23 PM
I just wanted to give everyone an update. Barry Morrison (Moe) promised me a refund by today and he has not come through. He's always asking for extensions and this was his last one. Moe I hope your reading this cause you are commiting a felony theft!

MOE IS A SCAM ARTIST

Who spends the money before shipping the animals? I always make sure the customer is happy before I even touch the money I received. I don't even thing he had the animals to begin with. I kept asking for pictures and he kept putting it off saying that he's too tired. How much effort does it take to press a button? When he finally sent me some pictures there were old pictures of them. I hope this puts the end to Moe's shaddy business and prevents anyone from buying from him!

DON"T BUY FROM MOE, HE WILL RIP YOU OFF!!!

Moe do you have something to say?

CrocEnc
01-15-2004, 01:37 PM
This is were I am, I was told the 15th. He then emailed me and said the 19th would work better for him.

That said today is the 15th, the 19th is Monday. I told him if I didn't see the refund soon after that I will be going forward with legal options.

It is theft plain and simple. I will pursue every avenue to ensure he goes to prison.

If I receive my refund by the required date, I will post the act here. I have never in years of dealing with reptiles, writing for reptile magazines, etc, experienced anyting as poor as this.

As I sit here currently I cannot say he is honest or a good businessman. I have been very patient with this situation. What happens to him is up to him.

towertsk
01-21-2004, 11:10 AM
Just checking if your received your refund as promised. I have heard from Moe he doesn't return my emails anymore!

CrocEnc
01-21-2004, 11:14 AM
I have been told via email that my refund was sent yesterday.

I am hoping it arrives as promised.

Will l let you know in a few days

khoffman
01-21-2004, 01:45 PM
barry moe is awsome i got a ball from him a year ago shes doin great was cold when i got her but she recovred real quick weather was cold here. I shoulda waited on getting her. I would definatly do bisuness with him again in the future. He has some sweet hypo hoggs. thansk kyle

CrocEnc
01-21-2004, 01:51 PM
Well that gives us hope for something good then, I'll let you know in a few days if he comes through for me or not.

As mentioned the refund is on the way:

To: "Chris Dieter" <>
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 1:06 PM
Subject: Re: Crocodile

> Its sent as of today.......regular mail.......sorry for the
> delay............................................. ..Moe

> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Chris Dieter" <>
> To: "Barry Morrison" <
> Sent: January 14, 2004 1:32 PM
> Subject: Re: Crocodile
>
>
> > We still good for the 19th Barry?
> >
> >
> >
>
>

towertsk
01-24-2004, 08:58 PM
and keeping my fingers crossed. I contacted the local authorities and filed a complaint about this guy. I faxed all my emails between Moe and I. They brought him in for questioning and he admits to the Det. what he had done. The det. said that he's unemployed and needed money to pay some bills. Sounds like a scam artist to me!!! If this guy has scammed you contact me and I will give you the Detective’s phone number to file your complaint. The bigger the case the longer we can put him away. I know of another individual that he scammed for $5100. These are felony thefts that he should pay for!!!

I WOULD NEVER BUY FROM MOE!!!!!!!!

CrocEnc
01-28-2004, 10:08 AM
Moe, i.e. Barry Morrison is a thief. Plain and simple. He said he sent a check a week ago, it (Big suprise) has never arrived.

He is the scum this hobby needs to drive out.

I would strongly encourage anyone who reads this and has been scammed by this scum to prosecute him to the fullest as I will be doing starting today.

As of today I am filing withthe USPS for mail fraud, the FBI internet fraud division, AND his local authorities as the previous poster had stated.

Anybody who would buy anything or even give credence to any statement he makes is plain and simple clueless.

'Hey man just got in late last night ,I drive a truck for a scrap company and I'm on call ..I'm usually back everynight but I had a flat and had to wait 8 hours on them to come fix my flat,so I layed over and thats the deal,sorry to make you toss in bed..I'm no con man or hustler..Just relax and we will get it done ..................'

yeah right. He's pathetic all the way around. Liar, thief. A joke.

Sad thing is I kept giving him the benefit of the doubt.

CrocEnc
02-20-2004, 09:19 AM
Well still no fundage has come my way.

I have talked to the detective as have the others. They will be putting Barry in jail if he doesn't offer restitution. The detective is a good guy and seems to be on the case pretty good.

I will press it until I get my refund from the thief. Or at the very least an apology.

I realize folks make mistakes, but a little repentence in one form or the other is ok.

Greg Riso
02-20-2004, 12:32 PM
that got ripped. Another person wrote me after reading this thread telling me he suspects the adult female dh snow I bought from Moe that supposedly came from VPI was actually his animal. He told me how Moe had sold him a pair of dh snows, an albino, and other morphs a while ago. This person raised them up and after unsuccessful attempts to breed them decided to contact Moe to see if he would be interested in buying them back. Even though the animals were now adults they agreed on Moe getting them for the original sales price. This person sent all of the animals back to Moe but never received a dime for them. I was told the total amount was over $5,000.
I gave this party the investigating detective's phone number and urged him to contact him as well as post his story here. I think he's to embaressed to post which is unfortunate because his story needs to be heard to warn others and reinforce what we have said here. Moe has blatently ripped many people off. I wonder how many others are out there that haven't posted?

Brian Oakley
02-20-2004, 05:35 PM
I am not sure of the details of this transaction, but I would like to say this in SUPPORT of the guy Greg is speaking of.

There is no reason to be embarrassed. You did not get them to breed and you 'sold' them back to the original owner. Who should be embarrassed is the person (Moe I guess) that did not pay you for the animals in question.
If the lack of breeding is what bothers you/embarrasses you, do you think that all breeders have 100% luck when breeding every year. If you do, please change your ways of thinking. There are PLEANTY of breeders who fail on paired up snakes every year.

You should take the actions needed to insure the safe return of your money. I think it is quite obvious that 'Moe' is not someone that people should deal with. I know it takes quite a bit for Jeff, of Kingsnake, to ban someone. If Moe was banned, which I have heard other places than here, he is a theif and you NEED to tell your story and get your money back.

Just my opinion. :p

East TN Reptile
04-02-2004, 11:25 AM
Barry "Moe" Morrison.....BAD NEWS
He showed up @ my home wanting to "borrow" $13,900! to pay people he owed $ to! In return he work the loan off............yeah right.
He gave me a long sob story. I "loaned" him some $ to pay his eletric and rent. He came down & worked for 2 hrs & has done no more work since ! He even brought his wife to help him out with the sob story
He owes me over $5,000 !
Anyway, he's had his phone turned off right after just recently (a week ago) to have it turned on
He lived in Bristol TN. Bristol is 1/2 in TN, the other 1/2 of Bristol is in VA
He told me he was moving to bristol,VA 3/29 & would bring down all caging he'd " borrowed over the years.......never did
Try contating the police in Bristol VA. He's more than likely got everything set up in his wifes name Jenifer Morrison. I'd bet the farm on it.Moe is a known felone who's been in prison
I even found out he'd borrowed $ from breeders out of state.
I called one of the pet store in Bristol, Va yesterday bout some animals. The owner knows me, he asked if I'd seen Barry lately that Barry owed him $3,000 AND a snake of mine got missing (a baby) one day when Barry was down. the baby was in a lizard lounge with all glass and 4 locks on top. When Moe left, the snake wa gone! Theirs absolutly no way the snake could have escaped. I confronted Moe! He said, " Man....there's NO WAY I'd steal from you!
So when I had the pet shop owner on the phone, he asked me if I had a baby hypo missing bout a month ago. I told him yes,how's he know, he said Moe brought it to the owner & wanted to sell it saying he lifted it from me while I was out of my snake room!
The reason me & the owner had not been talking is Moe was playing the both of us. He was telling each of us that the owner hated me and tellimg the owner I hated him to keep us from talking. ALSO if me and the owner was not speaking, there was a better
chance of me not finding out that it was 100% barry that ripped me off !
All in all.moes in deep poop. Moe said some detectives came to his house bout internet fraud,gave him 12 days to pay people off or have federal charges on him.........thats why he moved
Moe helped me move some snakes cause he had an account on k snake. Then after telling moe I wanted to sell a snake for $800, he'd sell it for $1,200, then come back to me with $600 saying that was the best he could have done! When I asked for the animal back......he said it had been shipped already. For the record, me & moe are not partners. I ask him to help sell some snakes for me because @ the time I was in nursing school,hardly no cash nor the time to ship.Barry even admittted to me he hasn't worked in over 10 yrs+ !. It's time Moe goes down! He sure conned me. I even thought @ one time,months ago,he was my friend
Dave Derrick

East TN Reptile
04-02-2004, 02:55 PM
I just read ALL the post on Moe.He hasn't worked in yrs! He's not a truck driver. His father in law gave him a business a long time ago. Moe for busted for having illegal substances & that was the last time he worked.
I'm not posting because of a lil' Hypo. I promised some of you I'd post info when I obtained it. I just found out today about Moe moving,my hypo & had never read all the post about him until today.
Moe in the past moved some animals for me.He hasn't in a long time. I did tell him.........."I WILL FIND YOU! I'd give you his # but it showed up as private" He's in Bristol,VA. Good luck hunting to all.I know I will be.
Dave Derrick

Greg Riso
04-25-2004, 11:54 AM
Well, I'm happy to say the adult female DH Snow I bought from Moe proved out overnight producing 1 snow, 6 albinos het snow, 8 anery hets, 9 normal appearing hets, and 8 slugs. The father of these babies was also questionable because I obtained it in trade for a rediculously low price. He is anery 100% het striped albino and 50% possible het snow. So both animals proved out although I still don't have proof of the female obtained from Moe as having originally come from VPI. At this point who cares because the genetics are now proven!

East TN Reptile
05-01-2004, 11:00 PM
" Moe" Barry Morrison comes to me saying he owes $ to people he ripped off. I gave him over $3,000 just to clean cages for me so he could start paying people off.
He worked 2 hrs and hasn't done anything since! This was well over 2 months ago!
He admitted to me that he meant to rip people off, he got turned in & was in a bind & needed help to keep from going to jail!
Not ONLY have I "carried" him,let him broker snakes for me (sometimes making more $ off of one of my animals than me!) NOW he doesn't even try to do any work nor pay me back. AVOID Mr. Morrison @ ALL cost. He's nothing more than a con artist!
Don't buy from him & don't trust him. These words are being wrote from a "friend" of his.
Dave Derrick,TN

Jerry Dorgan
05-04-2004, 10:03 AM
Guess I got lucky, I bought a hypo x hogg from Barry(Moe), the only trouble I had with him was he shipped USPS which breaks federal law, and (surprise) they ran late. He did make it sound like he produced the snake, but in reality it was Dave Derrick. Other than that the hypo X hogg is beautiful. :)

East TN Reptile
05-04-2004, 10:19 AM
That's the one ya repeativly said you sell to me,then backed out,very rudly,I might ad

Jerry Dorgan
05-04-2004, 10:47 AM
Dave,

That's the one you wanted to buy last fall. You wanted me to ship before you could pay...remember..."send him now before the winter sets in here in Tenn...and I'll send you the money in two weeks". When I said no, snake will be shipped when payment is received.... I never saw payment, after many emails and "holdem, money is on the way". You kept me waiting till after Christmas and I never saw payment.
And I was not rude, even after you called me an a$$hole, I emailed you explaining why I decided against trying another deal with you. I even told you if we ever met at a reptile show, I'd buy you a cup of coffee....Yep, I was rude!!!!!Remember I have saved every email so don't start.
Dave, this thread is not about you and me, it's about Moe. I wish you good luck in getting your money back. And you did produce some very nice hypo x hoggs.

East TN Reptile
05-04-2004, 12:08 PM
"you've got mail"

Jerry Dorgan
05-06-2004, 11:08 AM
Dave,

I saw this new ad on repti bid...could this be the same missing Moe? If not my, my bad. If you read the q&a this one has been selling hoggs.

http://www.reptibid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.pl?category=b_snake_ballpythons&item=1084255170

East TN Reptile
05-06-2004, 12:24 PM
No, He lives in VA

Jerry Dorgan
05-06-2004, 12:26 PM
Correction....I meant feedback reviews on:

http://www.reptibid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.pl?category=b_snake_ballpythons&item=1084255170

East TN Reptile
05-06-2004, 02:25 PM
where this guy is located? ALOT of the stuff listed Moe don't sell