PDA

View Full Version : Exporters Beware Of This Scam From Nigeria!!

COBRAMAN
11-20-2003, 01:33 PM
EXPORTERS BEWARE OF THIS SCAM!!!
If you are an exporter, and receive an e-mail from Andie Banks, or Erick Smiths, from Nigeria asking for a sizeable export, beware. Andie Banks contacted us October 2, asking us to export several King Cobras to him, and said he would send us a check for $6000, and that we should Western Union the excess $3000 to his shipper (in Atlanta Ga.). Because my partner, Ricky Duffield was a ship captain in Nigeria, he recognized this to be a scam right away. Yesterday the check for $6000 did arrive, so we called the bank it was written on to verify funds. Of course the check is fake. The fraud officer of that bank said that there have been over 300 cases of this scam in the past few months. We sent neither the animals, or the excess money to these people, so the loss is Andie’s for all the overseas calls he has made to me in the past two months. We notified the Secret Service, who is well aware of this scam, but they wanted nothing to do with it. They just told me to destroy everything, and ignore any calls or further e-mails from Andie Banks.
So I just wanted to give some of you heads up on this so you would not fall for the scam if they should contact you.

Blessings,
Ray Hunter

DThomas
11-20-2003, 04:30 PM
The names do not matter. They are like any other person committing fraud and use a different name all the time. If you sell anything on the net you will eventually get one of these. Very common Nigerian scam.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28610

Tacticalmaniac
11-20-2003, 06:18 PM
personally that would be my first clue that something was amiss, granted I don't ship anything overseas but it still seems a bit excessive. Glad to hear you didn't get taken on that deal though.