PDA

View Full Version : Any deal with www.jville-reptiles-inc.com

AQUATI
11-22-2003, 01:58 AM
I am looking at doing a trade with him and was wondering if anyone had any feedback ??

dwedeking
11-22-2003, 03:37 PM
Previous Thread on Jville Reptiles (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27141&highlight=ricky+lewis)

My opinion would be to walk away quickly.

DavidBeard
11-22-2003, 04:20 PM
I agree.....tell that little twirp to shove it up his a$$! INCORPORATED? HAHAHAHAHAHHAH!

DavidBeard
11-22-2003, 04:55 PM
I just checked out his website and it gave me a HUGE laugh! "Quality captive bred herps".......MY A$$! What a joke.

AQUATI
11-25-2003, 06:15 PM
AFTER EVERYONE ADVICE - I HAD HIM SHIP FIRST BECAUSE THERE WAS NO WAY IN H*LL
THAT I WAS GOING TO SHIP AT THE SAME TIME -- IT HAS BEEN RUNNING BETWEEN 35 AND 40 HERE FOR THE HIGHS ALL WEEK -- I GOT 1 REDTAIL, 1 ROCK PYTHON, 1 TANGERINE
MILK, AND 1 SAVANNA MONITOR FROM HIM -- THEY ALL WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE ANIMALS EXCEPT -- THEY WE ALMOST FROZEN !!!!!! THE BOX WAS A BOX WITH STROFOAM WITH THE MONITOR IN A PLASTIC CONTAINER ON THE BOTTOM -- AND THE 3 SNAKES IN A BAG ALL TOGETHER -- AND THE BOX ABOUT MADE ME PUKE WHEN I OPENED IT --- THE SMELL WAS AWFUL -- I ONLY HOPE TO SAVE THESE POOR ANIMALS --- WHY WOULD YOU SHIP WITH OUT ANY HEATPACKS THIS TIME OF YEAR ?? I PUT 2 IN EACH OF MY BOXES -- I AM SO GLAD THAT I DID NOT SHIP FIRST -- I WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY ANGRY -- THANKS TO THE BOI I SAVED MYSELF ALOT OF GREIF !!!! FLOYD

DavidBeard
11-26-2003, 01:21 AM
Uhhhh.....maybe I missed something.....but you went through with the deal with Ricky even AFTER reading the posts about him??? Where was the sense in that? I hate to say it, but we told you so. I hope the animals get better for you, but honestly did you expect anythin else?

AQUATI
11-26-2003, 01:27 AM
well it was all a trade deal and i made him ship first -- so I was hoping everything would go well-- I am soo glad that i did post here first to find out what this guy was like-- before i sent him my animals --- I mean crap you look at his web site and it looks pretty good -- better then mine LOl-- but i don't send animals without a heat pack --- i did n ot get burned because i have yet to ship the animals that i agreed to trade him and i will not ship them until these animals look better --- floyd

DavidBeard
11-26-2003, 01:33 AM
Oh....whoops...somehow I missed that vital info, lol. I wouldn't send that lowlife jack SQUAT. Keep the animals and make them better and do as you wish, but I would not send him anything. Also get them checked for internal parasites, because he has no quarantine procedures at ALL and the ATB he sold me had intestinal flagylates.

AQUATI
11-26-2003, 01:41 AM
since these snakes got so cold -- is there anything I can do to prevet them from getting phenumonia ?? and what would be the best thing to do from here besides warm them up and give them fluids ?? floyd --

AQUATI
11-26-2003, 01:43 AM
is there anything I can give them as a precaution for the parasites?? or should I do some kind of medication anyway ??-- floyd --

DavidBeard
11-26-2003, 01:46 AM
The only thing you can do for them is jack up their temps and make sure they don't get respiratory infections from being in the cold so long.....I just got a Blood Python that was shipped with no heat and now has a RI.

Theres nothing you can do to prevent the parasites if the snakes already have them.....whenever they go to the bathroom, get a fecal exam done on them to be sure, or if you notice anything unusual about their bowel movements. That is usually the easiest way to tell if they have parasites.....BMs should be abnormal looking and sometimes have a great stench with them as well.

AQUATI
11-26-2003, 01:53 AM
so that is why the bag the snakes were in stunk so bad?? and it was pretty wet also -- Floyd ? ok now I am pretty sure even without a test that they have the internal parasites -- how and what do I treat them with ?? or is it something I can only get from a vet ??

AQUATI
11-26-2003, 01:55 AM
also to keep any of my animals from getting it -- the only way they can get it is if they come in contact with the other snakes fecal matter ?? right ?? i have them housed in rack system with other snakes in the rack but not in the same cage -- Floyd --

DavidBeard
11-26-2003, 01:58 AM
Well, the bag could just stink from the combined urates of 3 different snakes. I would wait until they have individual bowel movements and go from there. They also don't have to touch each other to transmit the parasites....if you touch one and then touch another, they could spread that way....which is why strict quarantine is necessary when obtaining new animals. Most of the time, only a vet can/should prescribe medication...if you can find a competent herp vet, then that would be great.

AQUATI
11-26-2003, 02:04 AM
DAVID -- Thanks for all of your help -- I am fairly new to all of this and I am learning more everyday ---- sometimes the hard way LOL --- but getting there -- I will be sure to use excellent handwashing when iI touch these animlas-- and I'll use the hand sanitizer before and after -- I will also let me employee know that if he touches any of the snakes in that cage that he needs to wash very well before he touches anything else !!

DavidBeard
11-26-2003, 12:46 PM
No problem man! Glad to be of service. Just be careful and keep an eye for out for anything out of the ordianry and you'll be fine! :D