PDA

View Full Version : Repconcepts-rather Ripconcepts

smoke
11-27-2003, 11:43 AM
Some of you may have seen a post on kingsnake for a "Lovable Blue-tongue skink", well I bought it for $90 shipped. What I got was a skinny juvi that had no rear leg functions. I called Billy right away and he assured me the skink was healthy and eating everyother day for him. Not wanting to put the skink through more trauma I tried to get it to eat and back to some degree of health instead of demanding to ship it back for a full refund. Day 2 I called Billy and told him the skink still would not eat and was lethargic. Day 3 the same and also day 4. Day five the skink was dead so I contacted Billy for a refund. Wanting to be fair I asked for $65 back so Billy wouldn't take full loss. He said he would get it to me right away. A week passed and no refund. I called again and was told the refund was delayed and was put in the mail again, but still no refund after another week, so I assume I'm getting the run around. This is the first time I've been ripped buying reptiles so I know I didn't go about it right as far as what I should have done such as shipping it right back and demanding a full refund. Anyway, I'll take my 1st and hopefully last loss and right it off as experiance. I know many of you have been ripped on thousands and it really does stink. I'm glad for BOI as hopefully these scam artists will be stopped one by one. There's enough crap out in the world to have to worry about as it is much less our love for reptiles and getting ripped in dealings with the people that don't care about anything except stealing our hard earned money. Mike Smoker.

Neil Gubitz
11-27-2003, 12:17 PM
Mike.... I think you did exactly what you should have done.... Had you sent that skink back, it certainly would not have made the trip alive.... at least you had the heart to TRY and get it better, even if it was to no avail.... luckily, you're only out less than $100.... it's also obvious that you ARE getting the run around....

Did he ever send you pics of the skink beforehand??

Neil

The BoidSmith
11-27-2003, 01:02 PM
Mike,

You did the right thing. Furthermore, even if you had decided to ship the skink right away you more than likely would have not received a refund, and would have incurred in $25+ in additional shipping expenses. If you will, please post the complete information for thsi person (full name, and address) so other people can avoid doing business with hi in the future.

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

smoke
12-02-2003, 03:00 PM
just wanted everyone to know that I did get a check in the mail for the $65 refund I asked for. Thanks. Mike Smoker