and dave vaught at crazydavescorals
they live in fort dodge iowa
the paypal is
dave@midwestreptilesandaquatics.com
515-573-2291 their number

and their address

2311 15th ave
fort dodge, iowa

for $650 for two wild caught etbs on kingsnake on oct 13th, they have lied to me over 50 emails now, i have shut down their paypal, the police in fort dodge know them and are inquireing, the bbb, the fbi, the postal services as its mail fraud, the ifcc as its internet fraud, i posted on ks basic info for people to contact me to get info on them only to be removed because of their tos, i have met others that got ripped and have sent me the info to prove it, so there you go, beware of these @#$#@#$ %#@@#$%% -d

Laura-Lee
11-28-2003, 06:55 AM
Could you post details of what transpired exactly. How the snakes were shipped what exactly went wrong ect. I'm just curious as to happened ... Thank you

Laura-Lee Laberge

dvf1973
11-28-2003, 07:18 AM
on oct 13 these guys posted on ks two male emeralds for 650, i paid that day in full, as per the amount on paypal they had to clear it , it took 3-4 days, cleared, a week later i called them, emailed them , they responded a few days later , said they would ship thursday for friday, friday afternoon i called ,and emailed, on monday they responded and said they would ship for wednesday,on wednesday i called-emailed they said it would be shipped thurs for friday, friday i called, emailed, -monday i called emailed and tues and weds and thurs and on friday they said mikes dad was dieing and would be back on the following monday and would ship for wednesday, remember this is now week three, that wednesday i called -emailed, dave said he wasnt aware of the sale, nut he would inquire, i then replyed nicely but agressively, mike responded saying theres been a mysterious outbreak of mites and no animals would ship,and they would send a company check or refund via paypal, a week later i called/emailed, the phones are no longer active, i made some legal inquiry , called emailed, and threatened legal action, they replied its not our fault, we dont control the post office, blah blah, i gave it two more days and began getting very aggressive, still polite, dave told me to f@#k myself, mike responded a couple of days later and said he'd paypal me, he did then cancelled it? i then sent a money request and dave cancelled that and again told me to f@#k myself, then i contacted the fbi and reported, the ifcc, the bbb, and shut down their paypal account, oh and the first thing was kingsnake, they not only did not cancel them out, they let them contunue selling, they sold these chondros to some people who i have been talking to after posting this info on ks before getting booted because of the tos policy, he also got ripped, i believe him he and i have exchanged all of our bs emails from these guys, so then mike and dave freak out because me and others shut down their paypal, and were like no anything but that were good guys and were not ripping you off, now remember these are the same things they are saying to these other victims,they told this guy that he was the only onewhom had not recieved his check, thats funny -they said the same thing to me? so then mike was sending me a certified mail money order, and even sent me the damn fake tracking number, i waited another week to figure that out, so now their email says have a great holiday , blah blah, i spoke to an investigator in fort dodge who says he knows them and will talk to their mom as shes bailed them out for internet fraud selling bunk computers, good grief -d

dvf1973
11-28-2003, 07:26 AM
on oct 13 these guys posted on ks two male emeralds for 650, i paid that day in full, as per the amount on paypal they had to clear it , it took 3-4 days, cleared, a week later i called them, emailed them , they responded a few days later , said they would ship thursday for friday, friday afternoon i called ,and emailed, on monday they responded and said they would ship for wednesday,on wednesday i called-emailed they said it would be shipped thurs for friday, friday i called, emailed, -monday i called emailed and tues and weds and thurs and on friday they said mikes dad was dieing and would be back on the following monday and would ship for wednesday, remember this is now week three, that wednesday i called -emailed, dave said he wasnt aware of the sale, nut he would inquire, i then replyed nicely but agressively, mike responded saying theres been a mysterious outbreak of mites and no animals would ship,and they would send a company check or refund via paypal, a week later i called/emailed, the phones are no longer active, i made some legal inquiry , called emailed, and threatened legal action, they replied its not our fault, we dont control the post office, blah blah, i gave it two more days and began getting very aggressive, still polite, dave told me to f@#k myself, mike responded a couple of days later and said he'd paypal me, he did then cancelled it? i then sent a money request and dave cancelled that and again told me to f@#k myself, then i contacted the fbi and reported, the ifcc, the bbb, and shut down their paypal account, oh and the first thing was kingsnake, they not only did not cancel them out, they let them contunue selling, they sold these chondros to some people who i have been talking to after posting this info on ks before getting booted because of the tos policy, he also got ripped, i believe him he and i have exchanged all of our bs emails from these guys, so then mike and dave freak out because me and others shut down their paypal, and were like no anything but that were good guys and were not ripping you off, now remember these are the same things they are saying to these other victims,they told this guy that he was the only onewhom had not recieved his check, thats funny -they said the same thing to me? so then mike was sending me a certified mail money order, and even sent me the damn fake tracking number, i waited another week to figure that out, so now their email says have a great holiday , blah blah, i spoke to an investigator in fort dodge who says he knows them and will talk to their mom as shes bailed them out for internet fraud selling bunk computers, good grief -d

Laura-Lee
11-28-2003, 08:03 AM
Well you are deffinatly persuing it the right way. Hopefully things work out for you in the long run. I'm curious to know how this all turns out. BTW Thanks for the additional info. Deffinatly guys to stay away form.

Laura-Lee Laberge

Xtreme Reptiles
11-28-2003, 08:19 AM
Is there any more info you can give me on Mike? We are looking for a mike in fort dodge Iowa and would love to have some new info on him

Alfredo Veloso

dvf1973
11-30-2003, 02:39 AM
so heres where we are, i have spoken to both parties several times from the first post, more people hav contacted me with the same story, dave has told me to bleep bleep bleep myself, but made the error in giving me mikes last name , his last name is roe, they are strange people, bad liars as both deny the transactions, all three of us that have well over 150 emails from these guys saved have the same stories only backwards and self incriminating, the fort dodge cops have visited mike, i wont know until monday, dave says i am a redneck cracker cause i am from georgia, wait i will paste it its fun-hold on, sorry about the language as i didnt write it,

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE THE DUMBEST GA. CRACKER ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH. I HAVE ALREADY TALKED TO THE COPS YOU IDIOT. AND ALL YOUR BULL<font color=red>[bleep]</font> IS GETTING YOU NOWHERE. JUST SO HAPPENS THAT MY BROTHER INLAW IS THE POLICE HERE AND ALL YOUR BULL<font color=red>[bleep]</font> PHONES CALLS IS DOING NOTHING BUT MAKING THINGS WORSE FOR YOU.IM ONLY GOING TO SAY THIS TO YOUR DUMB GA CRACKER ASS ONE MORE TIME IM NOT
THE PERSON YOU WANT . SO AS I STATED BEFORE GO <font color=red>[bleep]</font> YOURSELF!!! IM
SURPRIZED YOU CAN EVEN READ. AND AS FAR AS LUCK GOES YOU ARE THE ONE THATS NEEDS ALL THE LUCK HE CAN GET. INSTEAD OF TALKING BIG <font color=red>[bleep]</font> TO ME YOU NEED TO BE TALKING BIG <font color=red>[bleep]</font> TO THE GUY THAT HAS YOUR MONEY BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT IMPRESSING ME ONE BIT. NOW IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE TO SEND YOUR STUPID EMAILS TO ME GO AHEAD BUT LIKE I SAID YOU NEED TO BE TALKING YOU <font color=red>[bleep]</font> TO MIKE ROE . FROM NOW ON I AM JUST GOING TO DELETE ANY EMAILS THAT COME FROM YOUR END .
To: "dave vaught" <crazydave@frontiernet.net>
Sent: Saturday, November 29, 2003 7:49 PM
Subject: Re: rip off

heres some more

> on 11/29/03 8:38 AM, dave vaught at crazydave@frontiernet.net wrote:
>
> > GO <font color=red>[bleep]</font> YOURSELF IN THE ASS!!!!!! I NEVER TOUCHED YOUR MONEY AND NEVER HAD ANY DEALINGS WITH YOU . YOUR BEEF IS WITH MIKE ROE. DUMBASS.

and for fun this is mikes response to daves response to steves response"steve was ripped off too"

Well, I see Steve must of told you to contact me like I told him. I don't know what the heck is going on. Like I told Steve, I sold my half of Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics to Dave the beginning of Nov. Now he's just crazydavescorals. Dave told me he couldn't afford the business anymore and wanted out. Then the next day he told me that I wanted to buy my half of the tanks, etc. I thought this was odd, since the day before he couldn't afford rent. But I just wanted out of the business after that, so I sold him my half. And I still haven't received all my money. Like I told Steve, if you want to know who owns the business now, have someone look in his garage at home and see that he's got all the tanks, etc from Midwest reptiles and Aquatics running! I don't have one single thing from there. Also, Dave says he wasn't in Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics, but the IRS has him as the Primary Partner for Tax Investigation? I think this proves that I'm not involved with Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics anymore and haven't been for a while now. Also, the PayPal account you sent funds to was Dave's, I have nothing to due with that account. And the e-mails you've sent to me weren't written by me. Only the first few at the beginning of the transaction and when I spoke to you on the phone.
Like I told Steve, I'm willing to pay for half the amount you sent because I was involved at the beginning, but I don't know whats happened the past four weeks.
The next thing is, what's the deal with the tattoo thing? I've owed a state licensed tattoo studio for the past 5 years. Not some homemade crap out of my house! I don't know where you been getting all you info, but alot of it is wrong.
Like I said I'm more than willing to pay half your money, just so I can get things back to normal, but I won't assume responsibility for all this stuff that's seems to been going on. I didn't even know all this was going on until the police talked to me the other day.
Mike

fun huh? sorry to make all of you read all of that, good grief, d

stevep
11-30-2003, 10:01 AM
I'm one of the other people that Damien spoke of. Everything Damien has said is true. My situation is exactly the same as his, the timing, the emails, the lies, the excuses and the no money yet!
I paid for a neonate Aru GTP. Everything looked O.K., I called and talked to Mike and he sounded professional and seemed to know what he was talking about. That was 10/21 and ever since then I have recieved promises and lies.
Somehow these guys have gotta pay (one way or another)!
Steve

:mad:

HerpVenue
11-30-2003, 12:20 PM
Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics is Closed for Business!

Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics has closed it's doors as of Nov.1st
Any outstanding refunds, bills, etc will be taken care of in a timely fasion.
We regret the inconvience.

The refund is owed to you by the owner of Midwest which is mike.

I do not think Dave owes you anything.

But then again I did have problems following the story

stevep
11-30-2003, 12:39 PM
I have heard from both Mike and dave. They each say that the other owes me.
I sent my paypal payment to dave@midwestreptilesansaquatics.
They both say that they were partners until early November. I recieved emails until Nov. 23. The web site was there until Nov. 23 or so.
I purchased this snake on 10/21. They were partners at that time. I bought from Midwest reptiles, not Mike or Dave. The fact that they were the owners makes them responsible for this.
They are both saying now that Dave bought Mike out in early November.
I don't know who the hell to believe! But I'm sorry that I ever dealt with them
Steve

ARKON
11-30-2003, 02:33 PM
I also was ripped by MIDWEST REPTILES AND AQUATICS!!!
I have been in contact with Damien and Steve and their emails are the same as mine from Midwest Reptiles And Aquatics (we all have several back and fourth but no animals and no refund).
I will post more details when I have more time later!!!!!

brucestephenson
11-30-2003, 03:12 PM
Here is the URL for the U.S. Government's Internet Fraud Complaint Center, for anyone who has been ripped off:

on-line Web portal located at www.ifccfbi.gov

stevep
11-30-2003, 09:22 PM
Thanks Bruce. I have already filed a complaint with them, the BBB and the local police. Now just waiting to see what happens next.
Thanks again
Steve

dvf1973
11-30-2003, 09:22 PM
actually thats been done, ifcc,bbb,paypal, fbi,local cops in fort dodge,

hey extreme - mikes email

oddshop@frontiernet.net

i hate these two, d

brucestephenson
11-30-2003, 09:34 PM
I don't know what is with these idiots who keep ripping people off even though they know they are being turned in. Notice that the URL of the Internet Fraud Complaint Center has the letters "fbi" (as in FBI) in it. Click on the URL and see the words "information repository" on the website after the introduction mentions that the thing is run "jointly by the FBI."
Do you think the FBI is ever going to discard the information it is getting? I don't think so. Tough luck for you punks out there.

dvf1973
11-30-2003, 09:43 PM
the funny thing here is they "mailed us" fake refund checks, all of us have the stunns, so monday i believe all of us are going to post fraud charges with the us mail services, thats 3 felonies! the uspo always endites, tee hee, d

Neil Gubitz
11-30-2003, 09:54 PM
Damien.... what does this mean??

....the uspo always endites....

Neil

dvf1973
11-30-2003, 10:08 PM
no -i mean gets, busts, catches and prosecutes, finds charges against, indicte, d

Neil Gubitz
11-30-2003, 10:14 PM
Sorry, I didn't even think about that word.... indict....

But, while I'm at it (and I really don't mean to embarrass you, I truly have no idea what you are getting at)....

What did you mean when you said...

....all of us have the stunns....

I left my Thesaurus in the car.... lol

Neil

dvf1973
11-30-2003, 11:36 PM
lol? first off neil you couldnt possibly embarass me, if your sniping me for fun, fine, thats got <font color=red>[bleep]</font> to do with this forum, as myself and others have been ripped off by bad people,, now go waste their time as i have posted their info, i cant edit for some reason or i would, i dont see a spell check hee either, this post is purely informational, and fact based, as there is no defense for the silent party, they robbed us end of case, do i know you neil? should i? you sure seem fond of me, i would be concerned with what others are saying to you on these forums, as i have said before this doesnt bother as i can not edit, so have fun, its still irrelivant, thanks d

dvf1973
11-30-2003, 11:40 PM
hee actually meant here, terribly sorry, i know its awful, d

dvf1973
12-01-2003, 12:45 AM
no -i mean gets, busts, catches and prosecutes, finds charges against, indicte, d

ARKON
12-01-2003, 05:28 AM
THIS INFORMATION IS PARAPHRASED DUE TO THE LARGE # OF EMAILS. I HAVE ALL THE ACTUAL EMAIL SAVED BOTH ELECTRONICALLY IN SEVERAL PLACES AND HARD COPIES ON PAPER.

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 22, 2003

I contact Mike Roe at Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics about and ad he had on K***S**KE.com for monkey tail skinks and told him I was interested.

Mikes response minutes later- yes we have what your looking for the price is 134.99 shipped, are you interested, if yes I will send you shipping info!

My response minutes later-Yes I am interested, do you have pics of the one I will be getting ( He did have pics in the add that looked good). Do you take paypal?

Mikes response minutes later- I dont have individual pics and do not take paypal. We are a wholesale company and only retail sometimes, I hope you understand. I will send you the smallest one we have, their awesome animals.

AT THIS POINT I HAD SEEN HIS ADS FOR AWHILE, PRICES WERE GOOD, ANIMALS LOOKED GOOD IN PICS, I DECIDED TO TAKE A CHANCE AS I HAD SHOPPED AROUND AND AT THE MOMENT HAD THE FUNDS FOR AN ANIMAL FROM MIKE ROE, MIDWEST REPTILES AND AQUATICS.

My response minutes later- Ok we have a deal send me the shipping info.

Mikes response minutes later- Jason please send payments to (as I agreed to send a money order)
MIKE ROE
MIDWEST REPTILES AND AQUATICS
2311 15th Ave S
Fort Dodge, Iowa, 5051
Mike said to also include the animal ordered, My name and address. Mike would send me the Tracking # when ready.

The same day later that evening I emailed Mike back and told him I was late getting to fed ex to ship payment and would just put it in the mail. I also asked about the live arrival guarentee as I had forgot earlier. which he wrote back and said yes he gave 24hr live arrival guarentee. I ended up putting it in the mail tues, nov 23rd

WENESDAY NOVEMBER 24, 2003

I emailed Mike Roe of Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics to tell him payment went out and that the post office told me it should reach him in 1-3 days.

THURSDAY NOVEMBER 25, 2003

Whishful thinking, I put the money order in an express mail box so it would get there quicker. I emailed Mike to see if he had by chance recieved the money order.

Mikes response later that day- no, but if it gets here by saturday I will ship Monday

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 29, 2003

I hadn't heard From Mike Roe of Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics so I emailed him to reassure him that I had sent the money, that I was for real, and to make sure he still was holding the animal I ordered. ( I did this because I know people say they are sending payment all the time and don't) I also thanked him for his patience!

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 30, 2003

I sent a simple email to Mike Roe of Midwest Reptiles And Aquatics saying, "Hey Mike any good news yet".

Mikes response later that day- Jason we get our mail at about 3:00, I will let you know, Dont worry, I still have your animal.

MONDAY OCTOBER 6, 2003 14 days after I sent Payment through mail

I emailed Mike Roe, Midwest Reptiles And Aquatics to tell him I talked with the money order company and they said that the money order had not been cashed and to just wait a couple more days and if it does not show up to fill a tracing/refund request of who, what, where, when and why and they would investigate. I apologized to Mike Roe if this was an inconvenience and told him I would wait a couple of days and then fill out the forms to get a refund and then paypal him the money. ( His ads on KS.com now said he takes paypal) I also took this as a good sign that he was doing alot of business and had alot of customers and needed a quicker payment process.

Mikes response- I will let you know If we hear anything on this end!

PHONE CALL
I forget the exact day but I called Mike Roe of Midwest Reptiles and aquatics sometime during the week of Oct 6 2003 and left a message for him to call me back( the day is on my cell phone just dont have it handy at the moment) he called me back and I talked to him to find out what was going on with the money order and to see what could be done, because if I were to get a refund by the money order it could take up to a cople of months. I explained to Mike my seriousness to complete the transaction and also to get a feel for what kind of person he was. We discussed the money order, the animal I was getting and what to do about completing the deal. Out of an extreme act of faith( YES I KNOW) I told Mike Roe Of Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics that I would paypal another 135.00 for the animal and to just send me the money order back when it arrived. INEVER EXPECTED IT TO TURN OUT THIS WAY.

SUNDAY OCTOBER 12, 2003

VERY VERY VERY STUPID DUMB IDIOTIC CRAZY REDICULOUS INSANE IGNORAMOUS PINHEAD DULLARD WHAT WAS I THINKING SHOULD BE EXECUTED KIND OF MISTAKE MOVE ON MY PART!!!!

I emailed Mike to tell him I was going to wait another day to send the money via paypal incase the money order showed up that monday.

Mikes response later that evening- please just send the money out today, there is no mail tommorrow because of the holiday, this way I can just ship your order on Tuesday. You can send the money to dave@midwestreptilesandaquatics. Thanks Mike

I NEW DAVE WAS MIKE ROE'S PARTNER AS HE WAS LISTED ON THE WEBSITE SO THE PAYPAL ADDRESS DID NOT SEEM OUT OF PLACE TO ME.

So I decided to send payment to get this transaction on its way and to get this animal sooner and get my refund later when the money order arrived.

AT THIS POINT I REALLY HAD NO SUSPICION OR EVEN THOUGHT ANYTHING WAS WRONG. I HAD VARIOUS EMAILS BACK AND FOURTH WITH MIKE ROE OF MIDWEST REPTILES AND AQUATICS AND EVEN TALKED TO HIM ON THE PHONE WHILE SEEING SEVERAL DIFFERENT ADDS ON KS.COM form Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics COME AND GO.

SUNDAY OCTOBER 12, 2003

I sent MIKE ROE of MIDWEST REPTILES AND AQUATICS an email to let himm know that I had sent payment to dave@midwest reptilesandaqutics paypal account at 12:15am my time 11:15 his time. ( I HAVE THE RECIEPT SAVED ELECTRONICALLY AND ON MY PAyPAL TRANSACTION FILES.

MONDAY OCTOBER 13, 2003

Mike Roe of Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics emails me to tell me that my animal will be shipped TUESDAY 14, 2003 and that I would recieve her Wenesday morning. Signed Mike

TUESDAY OCTOBER 14 2003

EMAIL FROM MID>WEST REPTILES AND AQUATICS
No longer addressing me as Jason
DEAR CUSTOMER
The jist of the letter was, we have no heatpacks, we ordered heat packs so orders will be sent out thursday for friday delivery. Signed Mike. ( SO I JUST TELL MY BOSS WHO DOESNT LIKE ME TAKING OFF EVER AND WAS GRACIOUS ENOUGH TO LET ME!!!!!!!! OH REMEBER I SAID I NEED OFF WENESDAY THIS WEEK, I REALLY MEANT FRIDAY THIS WEEk)

THURSDAY OCTOBER 16, 2003

No tracking # sent.
I email Mike Roe of Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics to ask whats up. Guess What? No email back.

FRIDAY OCTOBER 17, 12003

Were back to a first name basis
Dear Jason,
Heat packs did not arrive, we will now be shipping Monday. We are refunding you shipping cost Tracking # will be emailed to you on Monday by 6:00pm
Signed Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics

Same day: I emailed Mike Roe of Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics back trying to keep everything positive and told him to keep the shipping cost. ( THINGS DO COME UP AND HAPPEN, SO I GAVE MIKE ROE OF MIDWEST REPTILES AND AQUTICS THE BENIFIT OF THE DOUBT). I also remminded him about my money order and to return it ASAP when it fimally arrived.

MONDAY OCTOBER 20, 2003

I emailed Mike Roe Of Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics and asked did he ship.
I took half day at work well actually a quarter day at work, the boss was out of state, so I could recieve my shipment.

Mikes response: NONE

TUESDAY OCTOBER 21, 2003

Mike Roe Of Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics emails me- your shipment is a go today, I think I might have said Monday when I meant Tuesday, I will email you the tracking #.
Signed Mike

Later that day, you guessed it no trav=cking #
I emailed Mike Roe of Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics Back and asked what the tracking # was.

Mikes reponse: NONE

I KNEW WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT AT THIS POINT MY MONEY WAS GONE AND I WAS NOW A HOSTAGE.

WENESDAY OCTOBER 22, 2003

Midwest Reptile and Aquatics emails me:
Dear Valued Customer
Mikes father had a stroke and he will be gone for a couple of days, We can issue you a refund or you can wait for mikes return and have your animals shipped ASAP when Mike returns.
Sincerely Mandi

THURSDAY OCTOBER 23, 2003

I emailed Mandi Back, who was also listed on Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics site and told her I was very sorry about what happened to Mike Roe of Midwest Reptile and Aquatic's father and that I had a similar situation happen to me and understsnd what Mike must be going through and would keep his Pop's in my prayers. I also told her I would wait for Mike to get back and get my animal.

*****I will Explain why I said I would wait**********
I was in a tough position but said I would wait so that I would get my animal and my refund. I knew this deal was going south but was trying to keep things positive still they had all my money. Some would say I was stupid, but they already had my 135.00 money order( or it was on its way anyday} which they could have just told me they never recieved and cashed it and kept it. I wanted my order(skink) and my money order plus I was doubting that they would refund my money at the time which apparently proved to be correct. I figured I would wait for Mike Roe of Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics return and try to resolve all of this when he got back. ( some will read this and know what I am saying and others wont have a clue) IM NOT KNOCKING ANYBODY.****************************************** **

TUESDAY OCTOBER 28, 2003

I foud out that the money order I sent was cashed.
I emailed Mike Roe of Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics and asked what was going on with my order and more importanntly who from their establisment had gone out and cashed my money order when that was not agreed upon.

LATER THAT DAY
Sales of Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics replied with. your order is scheduled to ship this Thursday Oct/31/03 and as far as your money order, it did arrive and our business office manager cashed it by mistake. I believe the business office manager is Mandi. It was also stated that my refund for 135.00 would be shipped with my animal. We are very sorry about the inconvenience. signed Midwest reptiles and Aquatics.

SAME DAY LATER
I replied with thank you still trying to be positive and polite even though I wasnt being treated as their valued customer as they liked to refer to me as in their emails back. I was actually relieved as they had admitted to recieving the money order and cashing it in writing

I eMailed back thinking maybe things are legit and things will go right and said thank you again and told them I hope everything is alright with Mikes dad, I believe the only part of me that thought that was, my little toe on my left foot towards the top( That is that everything is all right.)

THURSDAY OCTOBER 30, 2003

I emailed Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics and asked if they could send me a tracking #.

FRIDAY OCTOBER 31, 2003

Midwest Reptiles And Aquatics emails me- Mike had a family emergency and upon his arrival back it was discovered that a shippment of ball pythons had mites and all the animals were now being trated and that refunds were being issued as well as a 50$ credit towards a future purchas with Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics. Refund will be sent via paypal monday or tuesday of the following week and we will be closed monday 9:00am due to treating.

LATER THE SAME DAY
I emailed Mike and demanded he send me my refund via paypal by November 3, 2003 as I am looking for a replacement animal and reminded him what I was to be refunded.

MONDAY NOVEMEBER 3, 2003

Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics emailed me- Dear valued customer, due to paypal taking to long to deposit 3-5 days, we have cut you a check to speed up te process. you should have it in 2-5 days, we apologize and hope we can do business in the future.

I DONT UNDERSTAND MIDWEST REPTILES AND AQUATICS THINKING and REASONING BECAUSE A CHECK WOULD STILL TAKE ATLEAST 7 DAYS TO CLEAR AFTER RECIEVING IT.

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 7. 2003
I emailed Mike Roe of Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics and said no refund yet wheres my money, I want my money.

Mikes response: NONE

MONDAY NOVEMBER 10, 2003

I emailed Mike again, demanded refund asked whats going on recapped what he owed me and gave him my paypal account again

LATER THAT DAY

Midwest Reptiles and Aquatica emails me and says I will cancel the check and send funds via paypal when money has been transferred. Signed, Sorry, Sincerely Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics.

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 14, 2003

I email them and said checking on refund, when can I expect it.

Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics response- paypal will be ready Monday oe Tuesday by the latest. Signed , thanks again

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 18. 2003

I emailed them again and asked when will you be putting my refund through and left my paypal adress once again.

LATER THAT DAY

Their response- I will let you know when funds are available for transfer. Signed, Thanks

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 20, 2003

I emailed Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics again and asked where is my money, what is the problem and Please help me understand why! I need my mone

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 21, 2003

I email them again, I say where is my money. I state that I am going to report them to Paypal, Internet FBI/ Fraud, My Bank and credit card, KS.COM, the money order company,Their local police my police department and every fish and reptile forum I can find. I then said lets just resolve this professionally and both walk away from this situation.

LATER THAT EVENING
Midwest Reptile and Aquatics Response- I will send out a cashiers check Monday morning via certified mail and email you a tracking #. Also said I dont know what happened to the other refund, I am so sorry. NO SIGNITURE

MONDAY NOVEMBER 24, 2003

I emailed him my address again and asked if he would please send me out a tracking # so I could arrange to have it signed for.

LATER THAT DAY
I emailed Midwest Reptile and Aquatics and told them I was still waiting to here from them about the tracking #

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 25. 2003

I emailed them again saying I need that money whats the problem.

WENESDAY NOVEMBER 26, 2003

Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics emailed me and said the refund should be there on Saturday, and it was sent certified mail, but with thanksgiving it could take an extra day to arrive he said the post office told him.

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 29, 2003

I emailed them called them crooks, blah, blah, blah and let them know they wont get away with this.

I have learned a great deal from this transaction, I need no nasty comments or to be called an idiot by anyone. This was the first time I have been ripped off and it will be the last. You do not know what it feels like until it happens to you and you do not know how you would truley react and deal with a situation like this until it happens to you. I have and am taking action so I hope something will come of this. Please dont let this happen to you protect yorself and do not say ah I'll just take a chance because the outcome may not be worth it. This situation has stressed me out greatly and caused me and my family some grief. I post here because I sincerely want to help others and make sure these guys do not do this to anyone else.

Incidently, I have been in contact with Mike Roe and he said if I send him my address he would pay me for half!!!! I am not holding my breath though!!!!!!!!

gila7150
12-01-2003, 06:08 AM
Sorry to hear about your ordeal Jason. Thanks for warning us about these dirtbags.
Incidently, I have been in contact with Mike Roe and he said if I send him my address he would pay me for half!!!! I am not holding my breath though!!!!!!!!
Why half? I would be careful. If you accept anything less than payment in full that may be seen as a resolution to the matter. You may not have any recourse to go after the rest of your funds.

You can try to contact Paypal ASAP to file a claim. Since it's been over 30 days you may be out of luck but I'd still give it a try. If you have no luck with Paypal, contact your credit card company.
That really sucks...sorry to hear about this.

dvf1973
12-01-2003, 06:20 AM
it is a good idea chris, unfortuneatly in this situation we all have tried that and have found ourselves in a hands tied situation with paypal, i think i may have been the first in this group to go to paypal"although i am not sure about it" we had an immediate investigation,on these bad guys, they had no resources available as they only had 8.18 in their accounts, they sure threw a fit with me and couldnt seem to understand why i wouldnt open the account, i had arranged it with paypal so the account would reopen upon payment, obviously this is not the case, i only wish it were that easy, d

HerpVenue
12-01-2003, 08:21 AM
Jason,
your post was pretty thorugh and easy to understand.

MONDAY NOVEMEBER 3, 2003

Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics emailed me- Dear valued customer, due to paypal taking to long to deposit 3-5 days, we have cut you a check to speed up te process. you should have it in 2-5 days, we apologize and hope we can do business in the future

1. Why people insist on taking the money out of the account before shipping is beyond me. (But I guess it can happen, I have done it myself once or twice. But then again I also knew I was going to ship)

2. Why people insist on taking the money out when they have NO INTENTIONS of ever shipping any animals. (Oh yeah, scammers and thieves)

3. Why people insist on not knowing how to press the refund button to send an INSTANT refund

HerpVenue
12-01-2003, 08:26 AM
By the way.
They were parteners, or so they claimed. In that case.....
They are RIGHT for pointing at each other. They are both right when they point and say that "My partner" is responsible for the refund. Because they both are responsible for it. They both should be paying half. But if you want to get technical.

DAVE is more responsible for it.
DAVE received the money in HIS paypal.
DAVE was a partner in the company.
DAVE now owns the whole company.
DAVE used customers payments to buy the other half of the comany.
Dave bought not just the other half but he also got with his half all the creditors, debtors, lenders and customers both satisfied and unsatisfied.

So Dave should be paying up.

And judging from Dave's e-mails.............he and his business should be avoided at all costs.

dvf1973
12-01-2003, 09:07 AM
valid, and maybe true, but this situation has two , both indicting each other, we couldn't posiibly know this early in the game who owns this buisiness(s) as we have no record of ownership, so as far as this is concerned they both took the transaction responsibilty as both were in the buisiness at the time, yes , it was daves account on paypal and this may have validity, he may also be the title owner of this "new" buisiness, this is all merely speculation as both have lied to all of us literally hundreds of times, i am seeking suit with them hopefully today, i am looking into council in fort dodge, as i do not live ther it will be a pain but well worth it if it makes them hurt, d

dvf1973
12-02-2003, 01:03 PM
mike contacted me today stating hes hired council,they are meeting wednesday, they will be contacting me? i asked him for his councils info he didnt reply other than stating his council has informed him not to speak of the matter, maybe he will sue me for wanting my money back? o feel myself snd the pther two victims have been very fair and honest in our dealings with all aid parties, maybe if mikes innocent his legal team should contact dave to finish this out? damien

dvf1973
12-02-2003, 05:28 PM
i have found and have retained council in fort dodge! wish me luck-damien

dvf1973
12-04-2003, 07:03 PM
so heres the new latest

"Damien,
I just wanted to let you know that I sent you my half of what is owed to you today. I sent it out overnight UPS, so you will receive it tomorrow. I'm sorry about this whole situation and I hope this proves to you that I'm trying to make things right on my end.
Happy Holidays,
Mike"
mike has admitted at least partial responsibility, as he is sending myself and the other two partys half of what he owes us in the cashier check form, he has sent us tracking numbers and copies of everything, i wont cash this until the case is closed as its not in my opinion to accept it under the guise that we are equal, i dont think he is telling the whole truth as he has yet to introduce me to his defense team, as mine is looking into him and his partner, if hes just a victim"not that i believe that"i will publically appologize to him , only if thats the case at the end of this mess, he still did not follow through this sale and no matter should have at least informed us of the matter between himself and partner dave,

damien friesz

pcsmicro
12-04-2003, 11:29 PM
I KNOW THEY REMOVED MY ADS WARNING ABOUT FROGGY, WHOM RIPPED ME OFF AS WELL

Douglas Sellers
Las Vegas, NV
reptilian@lvcm.com

dvf1973
12-05-2003, 08:55 PM
so today i recieved a check for half of the money from mike? he states he is washed of this? i am not personally cashing this until i have all of it as by my cashing would conclude a settle which i wont conclude until 100 percent payment, i cant speak for the other parties, i do feel we are getting somewhere as dave has finally reared his head, he left a desperate message on my cell stating the cops came to see him and he was so sorry and he would do anything he could to help and so on, until i have 650 dollars in my hand i will continue pursue, heres my response to daves call as he isnt answering the phone he told me to call him on, d

dave,
so heres where we are at, i got your message today, i appriciate your concern, i see this from an outside perspective, i can see it from both sides of the fence, maybe he did you did they did, but formost neither of us did anything but pay for our products, yes we have been suckered here, no matter how this is looked at, i can give you little as far as faith as i have been lied to threatened, and treated extremely poorly as a customer, as were my compatriots, that language used even in the hottest of moments is unacceptable and can be held accountable in a courtroom, i did hire lawyers i wasnt kidding about that,
mike has paid us half of what he thought he owed us,thats 325 for me and whatever for the others, i still need the other 325, he claims you are responsible for that part, i feel thats between you but time is short, i have permission from the two other parties to speak on their behalf so i will, you and mike need to settle this no matter the grudge, its both of you that are in potential harm here, friends or not this money is so irrelevant to living free, ive already spent this money time and time again doing research, phone calls, lawyers, investigators, its a moral fight that i wont stop until vindicated, its not personal. you guys dont realize that as a buisiness in partnership it doesnt legally matter who has done what to who, as you were/are partners there is a binding contract between you and you are legally responsible for one another, as terrible as that may be, its a safety net for people like myself and the others involved, so if say mike runs its still binding with the buisiness itself, as you are/were partners you are still responsible for us either way the boat flips, so in conclusion i will continue this pursue until one / or both of you make this right, we wont cash our checks until the full amounts are presented as that would look like settling in court, we will continue to fight for the full amount of our purchasses as its a shurewin in court, please speak with mike, make a decision and let us no before early next week as i will be filing mid week, thanks for calling i hope your being honest but as you stated at this point who knows, sincerly the "dumbest ga cracker?" damien

dvf1973
12-06-2003, 09:48 PM
well i guess another tragedy has occurred for more than the three of us involved , i got an email from someone whom has bought a snake from mike for 1700 bucks only two weeks ago, glad to know paypal and ks are doing such a good job matching, this is ridiculous and no one can warn the public other than these forums, these forums arent usually seen by buyers, they are seen by enthusiest, hobbyest, not the general public, i have been posting everywhere reasonable except for kingsnake, they wont allow that kind of behavior, assholes, they are responsible for this as much as mike roe and dave vaught, this is killing me, vengance is all i can say, damien friesz

dvf1973
12-06-2003, 10:03 PM
well i guess another tragedy has occurred for more than the three of us involved , i got an email from someone whom has bought a snake from mike for 1700 bucks only two weeks ago, glad to know paypal and ks are doing such a good job matching, this is ridiculous and no one can warn the public other than these forums, these forums arent usually seen by buyers, they are seen by enthusiest, hobbyest, not the general public, i have been posting everywhere reasonable except for kingsnake, they wont allow that kind of behavior, assholes, they are responsible for this as much as mike roe and dave vaught, this is killing me, vengance is all i can say, damien friesz

dvf1973
12-07-2003, 07:48 AM
spoke to extreme reptiles , they got ripped as well for 550, this is adding up dave is also at it again , makes it more exiting that way? heres his latest

I had real intelegent conversation last night with steve and he has agreed to help me out in any why he can. I can see at this time that you are either to dumb or just have somekind of problem understanding that everytime you email me with your petty threats that it makes you some kind of big man or something. damian why dont you use all this energy that you are_ expending on trying to scare me or what ever you are trying to do and instead work with rest of the guys that got ripped off and help me try to get your money back. _I already know the laws of iowa remember my wifes brother is a police Lietenent here in fort dodge and i talk to him about whats going on every day, so what you tell me is old news. Why dont you talk to steve and find out what is really going on and stop trying to impress me with all your internet lawyer crap. I to talked to my attorney, im not stupid. The sooner you start helping me instead of fighting me the quicker we can get evrybody there_ money. This is the last time i will responed to any of your emails unless you agree to help me help you guys. anything you want to relay do it though steve, hes very aware of the situstion and wants to help the best why possible why dont you do the same (PLEASE) just try alittle._

dvf1973
12-07-2003, 08:44 AM
spoke to extreme reptiles , they got ripped as well for 550, this is adding up dave is also at it again , makes it more exiting that way? heres his latest

I had real intelegent conversation last night with steve and he has agreed to help me out in any why he can. I can see at this time that you are either to dumb or just have somekind of problem understanding that everytime you email me with your petty threats that it makes you some kind of big man or something. damian why dont you use all this energy that you are_ expending on trying to scare me or what ever you are trying to do and instead work with rest of the guys that got ripped off and help me try to get your money back. _I already know the laws of iowa remember my wifes brother is a police Lietenent here in fort dodge and i talk to him about whats going on every day, so what you tell me is old news. Why dont you talk to steve and find out what is really going on and stop trying to impress me with all your internet lawyer crap. I to talked to my attorney, im not stupid. The sooner you start helping me instead of fighting me the quicker we can get evrybody there_ money. This is the last time i will responed to any of your emails unless you agree to help me help you guys. anything you want to relay do it though steve, hes very aware of the situstion and wants to help the best why possible why dont you do the same (PLEASE) just try alittle._

Exoticsnakes
12-07-2003, 09:58 AM
Hi All,
My name is Tony, I live in NY. I was also ripped off by these guy's. I want to know who made up the expression "Misery Likes Company", because I don't feel any better knowing all of you also got ripped off. I can't beleive these guy's have got away with this for so long and it still looks like they are continuing to do so. I guess it's because of Company's like k..S.. and P..P who refuse to tke action against obvious criminals. They are just worried about their bottom line. If there is anything I can do to help get all our funds back, please e-mail me. I will try to summarize what took place with my transaction with Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics:

On Oct 3, 2003 I purchased from Mike of Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics 2 Female Green Tree Python's over the internet for the amount of $465.00. Which I sent via PayPal.
I spoke to him over the phone to confirm the animals where healthy and what I was looking for. The number I called was (515)573-2291.
He was going to ship on Wednesday Oct 12,2003. On October 8, 2003 Mike E-mailed me saying he received some even nicer looking Green Tree Python's and wanted to know if I would like them instead. I told him Yes, he said he wanted to check them out a few extra days before he would ship them. At this point I also asked him if he had any Female Ball pythons. His answer was yes and he could sell me two of them for $75.00 and ship them with the two Green Tree Pythons. I sent him another $75.00 via PayPal. On October 14th, 2003 I called to find out when he would be shipping, and he said it was cold by him and he had to get some heat packs before he could ship. A couple of more weeks went by with numerous excuses, and then I received an E-mail from Mandi (I'm not sure who she is) saying that Mikes Father had a stroke and they would ship as soon as he returns. On October 31, 2003 I was told that upon Mikes return from Visiting his father who had a stroke, that they noticed an outbreak of Mites in the reptile room.(At this point I was starting to really feel like I was being taken advantage of). On November 3, 2003 they said they would send a refund and it would be a company check because there was a problem with paypal. On 11/9/03 I e-mailed them stated I haven't received the check yet, but if the snakes where OK I would still like to still have them. On November 14, 2003 I received an e-mail saying the animals would be ready to ship in about a week they where still being treated and where doing well. On November 24, I was told that the check they sent me was returned to them and that the snakes where doing well and they had just ate and he would ship on Monday December 1, 2003. Since then the only response I get from e-mail is:
We are currently closed for the Thanksgiving Holiday. We will Re-Open on Mon Dec.1st We wish all of you a Happy Holiday Season!
Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics
During that two month period I also spoke to Mike numerous times and I also spoke to Dave once.

On 12 / 5 /03 I decided to send a request for return of payment through PayPal. Shortly after that I received a call from Dave saying that Mike was his partner and that he was sorry for all the confusion and sent me the following E-mail:
FT DODGE POLICE DEPARTMENT NUMBER-(515) 573-2323. ASK FOR CAPTAIN UTLEY. DAVE VAUGHT -(515) 955-5898 MY HOME NUMBER. DAMIEN FRIESZ THE GUY IN GA. (912) 596-7050.

MIKE ROES PERSONAL INFORMATION-HM. PHONE-(515) 576-3675, CELL PHONE NUMBER- 408-3675 -HIS SHOP NUMBER-(515) 576-7218, HIS EMAIL- ODDSHOP@FRONTIERNET.NET. TONY IM SO SORRY THIS HAD TO HAPPEN TO YOU AND ALL THE OTHERS, I WILL DO WHAT EVER I CAN TO HELP YOU GUYS OUT. PLEASE CALL ME ANYTIME IF YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION. THANK YOU DAVE VAUGHT.

Now having Mikes number I decided to give Mike a call, I got his voice mail, so I left a message asking what was going on. He responde by sending me the following e-mail:
Hello Tony,
I received your message a little while ago. I don't know if you knew, I haven't been involved with Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics since Nov.1. I sold my part of the business to Dave. He is know running things out of his garage I guess. You are not the first person to get hold of me about this, it's seems a lot of funny things have been going on since I left. I'm currently trying to help a few others also get there money back. The best thing to do would contact PayPal and have a reversal done for the amount owed. Dave also still owes me for part of the business and I will be filing a suit against him if it's not taking care of by the middle of next week. Let me know if PayPal can do anything for you and then we can go from there. I'm glad to help where I can.
Mike

At this point in time, It does not matter which one of these men is at fault. They are both responsible and if I don't have my money back ($540.00) very soon. I will be taking legal action.

I hope this gets settled soon...

Tony (tony@netces.com)

brucestephenson
12-07-2003, 10:06 AM
These guys are slime!

Here is the URL for the U.S. Government's Internet Fraud Complaint Center, for anyone who has been ripped off:

dvf1973
12-09-2003, 07:31 AM
a letter from mike to dave forwarded to me -

Well, Dave you must me getting Alzheimer's. When we started the business we
had to apply for a Federal Id #, do you remember? Like any business does.
It's funny you don't remember any of this stuff, how convent. I'm sure glad
I keep all paper work from Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics. Seems I DO have a
SS-4 form with both our names on it. Also, I have some mail from the IRS
that came to Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics c/o Dave Vaught and the list goes
on. Mail from All Star Pet Supply to Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics c/o Dave
Vaught etc, etc... So I guess you can't lie to all these people anymore and
tell them you weren't part owner of this business any longer. Now your
coming up with things like me tattooing minors? And you want to go to War?
Etc, Etc. Dave, I really hope you have physical proof on everything your
telling all this people, because I think your in alot of trouble. You
seemed like such a great guy at one time, now you are trying to screw people
over and even threatening me with lies about my business. I really hope you
have a GREAT attorney and alot of evidence. And you still haven't paid me
for rest of my half of the business that's sitting in your garage, etc.
It's so sad that a man of your age has come to this. I have all the
documents to prove this and you know it! My attorney and I will be filing
suit against you Wednesday afternoon, if my name isn't cleared and my funds
haven't been received.
Yours truly,
Mike
P.S. Attached is a copy of a letter from the IRS assigning us our employer
identification number. And what do you know, it's in c/o Dave Vaught. And I
wasn't lying!!

and this ones to steve from dave, forwarded to me cause dave wont "deal" with me because i dont believe that hes not a thieving bastard!!

>HI STEVE , DAVE HERE. TALKED TO SEVERAL OTHER PEOPLE ABOUT MIKE AND IT
>SEEMS THAT THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR QUITE SOMETIME. IM ALMOST BEGINING TO
>BELIEVE THAT HE HAS TAKIN SOMEBOBY IN EVERY STATE OF THE UNION. I TALKED TO
>A GUY IN ORLANDO FLA HIS NAME IS JOE HE OWNS JP PETS AND MIKE HAS GOT TO
>HIM BIGTIME. JUST INCASE YOU WOULD LIKE TO CALL HIM ABOUT MIKE AND WHAT HE
>HAS DONE TO HIM, HIS PHONE NUMBER IS (407) 320-7001. ALSO ANOTHER PLACE I
>TALKED TO WAS U S PET HEADQUARTERS OUT OF MINN. I TALKED TO A STEVE THERE
>AND HE ALSO GOT TO THEM LAST MARCH, HE ADVISED ME TO STEER CLEAR OF MIKE
>AND MANDY ROE. I WISH SOMEBODY WOULD HAVE TOLD ME SOONER. THERE PHONE
>NUMBER IS(952)-837-1001. WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I FIND OUT. I HAVE 4
>OTHER PLACES I HAVE CALLED AND THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO GET BACK TO ME ASAP.
>THANKS DAVE

stevep
12-09-2003, 04:37 PM
Hey gang

Today I received the other half of my money from Mike. He had sent the first 1/2 last week. This looks to be in no way over for Mike and Dave, but I have received a full refund after 6 weeks.
I can only hope that everyone else is being paid back. Per Mike's letter to me, Mike is going to handle all of this thru the courts with Dave.
:)

ARKON
12-09-2003, 04:41 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that Mike has sent me the rest of my refund totaling $270.00. Mike sent me both half refunds via certified mail. I know Mike and his x partner were having troubles between them along with Mike's father's medical problems, I dont know what went wrong in this deal and at this point dont care as it is now behind me cased closed. I never thought I would see any of that money again let alone a full refund. Damien, I want to thank you for all your help and support through emails back and fourth. I hope you were also refunded in full as well as the others!!!!! Please keep in touch!!!!!!!
It looks like it's time for some shopping now!!!!!!LOL

dvf1973
12-09-2003, 04:58 PM
i will be hopeful but hey? i do wonder though as ------errrrr -----wait ups just pulled up, well lookie here, whew! 325, that makes 650, good job mike, your square with me, and i publically appologize weather you did it or not, tomarrow was the day i was actually filing with the courts so that may have had some influence with him and his lawyers, thanks all of you for listening and reading this as its a lot of onlookers, thanks jason and steve for the continuance and hope, as its easy to give up i know, toni i assume you will get yours if not already ,

i feel we all gave each other backbone in different ways, dave is still a giant poo face, in my book he did everything wrong even if he didnt do it, and anyone out there please never do buisiness with him!!! i will forward all of my useful info to these guys laegal teams when made available for their use in court, damien friesz

wyblep
12-09-2003, 08:05 PM
Well congratulations everybody I am sure glad everybody is getting something back off of this guy I am still waiting to here about my 1700. I sent him on the 24`th of Nov. I guess we will just have to wait and see how many of us he is going to take care of. Wish me luck(Im going to need it) Paul

dvf1973
12-09-2003, 08:12 PM
paul
did you see the email i posted back a little ways?
he said it was from his private collection not from the midwest deal, i have emailed you a couple of times with no response so? he said you just got scared because you read this stuff in the forum and he has or is taking care of your transaction, i am sorry to here you havent heard from him, 1700 in iowa is a felony offense for fraud call det.utley at 515.573.2323, hes a good guy and willing to listen, this amount of money will get the da involved i am sure as its a rather large sum, i also have a good law team involved there if you want to speak to them i can email you that stuff privately, good luck, i will help if i can? damien

Exoticsnakes
12-09-2003, 09:08 PM
Hi all,
This is Tony over in NY.
I'm glad most of you got your money back.
I got an e-mail from Mike today saying he was going to mail me a check tomorrow. I SURE HOPE SO!!! It seems like I was one of the first ones to get ripped off, but the last one to get paid.
I will keep you all informed...

Thanks for all the help and support,

Tony

Exoticsnakes
12-15-2003, 04:46 PM
Hi All,

Nothing yet.... Mike said he mailed it on Thursday 12/11/03.
If I don't get anything by Wednesday 12/17/03, I will have my lawyer take care of it.

I will keep you all informed,

Tony

P.S. Does anyone know if Steve got his money yet???

dvf1973
12-15-2003, 06:04 PM
we still dont know if steve is owed money, this has all been assumption based, i wish you had spoken with me earlier in the game, the three origional pursuants got everything back, sorry you havent recieved anything, i csn forward you the lawyers i used in fort dodge if you need that,

Xtreme Reptiles
12-15-2003, 06:28 PM
What phone # have you been using to comunicate with him... As it seems he has no intention of squaring off with us... Also did he pay you with a check or money order?

Alfredo Veloso

dvf1973
12-15-2003, 06:43 PM
i never had a phone number, its there but not public, if you have a lawyer he can aquire that to be released,i just emailed him at oddshop, alot, i havent had any back and forth with him since payment "money order" i find it odd he/and his lawyers never asked for my info against the other for the supposed suit against the other? i would think they would need that considering evidence is often important in court, i dont buy it ,i dont think anyones suing anyone, i still think its a farce and mike just got scared because i was filing suit the next day, he payed us the next day, i find som irony in this,

stevep
12-15-2003, 07:54 PM
I received both payments via money orders shipped UPS next day.
He is still trying to scam people. Mike told us at least 5 times that "the check is in the mail"!! I agree with Damien that he just got scared and decided to pay at least three of us. Thanks alot to Damiens persistence.
I hope that everyone gets their money and hope that Mike gets whats coming to him. (and Dave if he is involved too). I still don't know?
I will NEVER buy again without checking on this forum!
Steve

Xtreme Reptiles
12-16-2003, 09:03 AM
We got in touch with mike yesterday, to say the least, I think he was in shock to hear me on the other line... He claims to have sold his store, not closed it down as it appears, and that he was unaware that this bad check was out there ( must have been another mike Roe working there when I would call to ask if the money order had been sent)... His trail is no longer cold and I at least now know where to find him... If he doesnt make good on this $1,500 debt I will call in the big boys... I will keep you all posted

Alfredo Veloso

wyblep
12-16-2003, 10:44 AM
Hello all still waiting for a refund from Mike I did get 784.00 from paypal yesterday that what was in his paypal account when I froze it he told me he issued a refund and it did say that on my paypal account but the all I got was the 784.00 not the whole 1700.00 I sent him he claims if the funds do not transfer from his bank by 5 oclock today he will just send me a money order for the other 916.00 I guess we will see. Ill kepp you guys posted Paul

wyblep
12-25-2003, 12:30 AM
Hello everybody here is the deal as you all know on Nov 24 I seen an ad for a albino male ball python for sale on KS he wanted 2000 shipped I emailed him he had put in the ad that he was selling it because his wife was in the hospital haveing a baby he told me if I wanted it I could have it for 1700.00 I jumped on it sent him the money paypal he told me that he could not ship until after thanksgiveing I agreed well anyway I started getting a little worried because I did not here anything from him and I had no contact info just a email address I asked to call me and he kept giving me excuses so I contacted all 3 hospitals in and around fort Dodge IA I came across one haveing his wife there the month before so I knew he was lying about his wife haveing a baby so I started calling every Roe listed in the state of IA I ended up talking to his mother sweet little old lady she told me his phone# his cell# his work# and said he was lying about his wife being in the hospital she told me she would get to the bottom of this she kept in contact with me the whole time and all I got from Mike was more lies to me and his mother I filed a complaint with paypal and they froze his paypal account with 784.00 in it after two weeks I got that back his Mom felt so bad for me and tired of all his bull<font color=red>[bleep]</font> lies she ended up sending me a money order for the other 916.00 she said she would have to get it off him well the funny part was he scammed me for 1700.00 and the 916.00 that he took out of the paypal account was the same amount he sent out to these other three or four guys when he sent out half of what he owed them so he robbed me to pay them well anyway I told myself that when that money cleared and was removed from my account I was going to post here and tell you what a scumbag Mike Roe is he never even had an albino ball python he has two snakes a regular burm an a albino burm thats it and he keeps blaming his old partner Dave Vaught Dave had nothing to do with it it was all Mike because now Dave isnt even in the picture I have talked to dave plenty of times this was sent to Mandi Roes paypal account his wife well last week on KS I seen an ad for a albino female ball for 1900 shipped it looked alot like the ad he had when I sent him 1700.00 for but a differnt pick but the same wording it was from Boas for Life so today I posted an ad on KS for the person who bought the albino female ball last week from Boas for life to please contact me well guess what it was Mike Roe and he is at it again he tried to sell this same snake that he doesnt even have to several differnt people telling them all to send money order or cashier check to him so he got a few people on this one he couldnt take paypal because I will not release the complaint and here is what he does he says you have to pay for the animal now but he cant ship until after the holidays what bull<font color=red>[bleep]</font> all I know is I better not have to go to fort Dodge IA for anything because I will be more thasn happy to stop in and see this piece of S$#*T just once well anyway this post is getting a little long but for all of you guys that are still out your money I want to give you what info I have on him he lives on N 4`th AVE in Fort Dodge IA 50501 his parents live right across the street from him his wifes name is Mandi Roe his house# is (515)576-3675 his cell # is (515)408-3675 he has a tattoe shop called Kustom Kultures Tattoes the shop# is (515)576-7218 if you have been burnt by him call the fort Dodge police ask for captien Utley (515)573-2323 he knows Mike very well and he knows his mother very well she is your only hope if she bails him out again all I can say is bug the <font color=red>[bleep]</font> out of him until he pays you back and tell everyone you know not to deal with him thanks again and good luck Paul

brucestephenson
12-25-2003, 03:01 AM
It looks like a pyramid scheme where he pays of a few of his former victims by finding new victims. I bet the FBI would love to hear about Mike and Dave:

brucestephenson
12-25-2003, 03:03 AM
Sorry, that's pays off a few of his former victims by finding new victims.

wyblep
12-25-2003, 03:37 AM
Yea it is pretty messed up but the more I think about it I am starting to believe Dave about claiming he had nothing to do with this because Mike and Dave do not talk at all now because of this and Mike is the one going around and still robbing people not Dave I sent my money to Mike and his wife Mandi not Dave well thats what I am getting out of this whole mess oh by the way he is no longer midwest reptiles now he is useing reptile hut or boas for life I am sure there is other names he is useing too but hey Mike I hope you can see this you are a real piece of work your 35 years old and your mommy is still bailing you out you need to cut the cord sometime see ya Paul

JungleHabitats
12-25-2003, 05:18 AM
webslaves wishlist ... not much to ask (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30921&perpage=5&pagenumber=1):santa:
there goes that .0005% i told you about webslave

Exoticsnakes
01-10-2004, 11:00 AM
Well after 3 months I finally got paid my $540.00...
I didn't want to get Mikes Mom involved, but I had no choice.
She seems like a very nice lady, and is very upset about the things her son has done and is continuing to do.
Not only did she get me my money back, but she also paid Kevin back $2000, who was recently ripped of by Mike.
By the way, all my dealings where with Mike not Dave.
Dave was a Very big help in helping me resovle this.
I want to thank all those who helped me....

I'M GLAD IT'S OVER!!!!

TONY

P.S. I agree with Paul, I don't think Dave had anything to do with the reptile end of the business....

dvf1973
01-10-2004, 10:58 PM
i cant let dave go in this, he may not have had anything to do with this, evidence points in that direction,

lets just say for a minute, a credit card company wanted its money from a married couple? do they only pursue one of the couple even though both had their names on the card, nope. thats how it is, by putting pressure on dave he was more inclined to clear his name in helping us with this, did he call anyone at the breakup and tell us before we had to find him, email the crud out of him, call him endlessly, no he never did squat, it was still his buisiness, in the beginning of all of this, he could easily have called me, and said hey man heres what happened and heres what i am going to do, not three months later, thats silly,

he put himself in the line of fire by hiding, by not answering calls, by being a complete and total prick every time i tried to contact him, yes i too would be stand offish if someone acused me of something i didn't do, but i would also try and figure it out? try to clear my good name? try not to have the cops, and the lawyers, and the detectives, pounding on my door, i most certainly would have retained council upon the split of the buisiness, as that is usually required , it doesnt cost much, theres things"alot of them" that could have helped him in big way, hes not nessecarily on my crook list, but hes on my that guy is a sob list,

again i am glad everyone got whats coming, almost everyone, mike and or maybe dave still need their just dues,

geckosunlimited
01-11-2004, 02:25 PM
Texas Lizard Connection finally received a refund from Mike Roe for $1300 after six weeks of dealing with his excuses. In the last few weeks, he has come up with every excuse not to ship. Here is the contact info. that Scott (TLC) gave me:

Mike Roe (Mandi-wife)
1921 4th Ave. N.
Fort Dodge, IA 50501
515-955-6281 (in-laws)

If you think that the deal is too good to be true, it probably is!

evansnakes
01-11-2004, 07:44 PM
I just got a refund from Mike Roe for a snake he either never had or had no intentions of selling. He was advertising a female albino ball python on kingsnake.com. He took money as a loan basically for a couple weeks, blew me off on shipping twice, would not answer or return about 20 phone calls. If the money did not show up the day it did, my partner was going to have his attorney start action against this con man. I was also contemplating a trip to his house to collect in person.

A word of advice though to Mike, do not ever come anywhere that I may be. I have a bad temper, hold grudges too long and you really really pissed me off you sack of crap!

dvf1973
01-11-2004, 08:30 PM
what evansnakes said !!

dayligon
02-23-2004, 11:28 AM
Just as a heads up to anybody that has dealt with Mike Roe: he is back to swindling people, this time under the business name "Animal Island". I'm waiting to see if my money will ever reappear.

dvf1973
02-23-2004, 11:33 AM
I cant believe it, please report this to ks. what a bleep

ARKON
02-23-2004, 11:20 PM
Where did you find the advertisement? What kind of animal did you try to purchase? When and how much did you send, what payment method did you use? What was the contact info(email) (Physical address)? Give all the details you can about this transaction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dayligon
02-27-2004, 11:14 AM
A few days ago I posted a message in this thread stating that Mike Roe is back to stealing money from people. Since that time the Mike D. Roe to whom I had sent $350 for some small bearded dragons that were advertised on kingsnake.com has informed me that he is a different Mike D. Roe than the one discussed in this forum. In addition, he returned my money promptly. Below is the final (I hope) conciliatory e-mail that I sent to him.

Day Ligon

Mike,

Thanks for returning my money. I received the cashiers check on Wednesday, and the bank accepted it with no problems. If, as you claim, you are a completely different Mike D. Roe than the Mike D. Roe from Fort Dodge, IA that has stolen money from lots and lots of people by selling them reptiles and birds that don't get delivered, then my approach to getting a refund from you was rude. As I've stated before, I would be ecstatic if you could provide me some evidence that you are a different Mike D. Roe so that the pet trade community could have some way of differentiating you from that sorry piece of work over in Fort Dodge (or where ever he lives now). If I were that Mike D. Roe from Fort Dodge, I would feel like a wretched scab on society.

If I was wrong about your identity, please understand why I drew the conclusions I did:

1) I sent you a money order and did not hear anything from you for four days after you received it, and only after repeated attempts to contact you via e-mail (you never gave a phone number).

2) The day before you were going to ship, you e-mailed me with an excuse for not shipping that the other Mike D. Roe used on several occassions to lie to people: that a close relative was on his deathbed and you and your wife had to leave town immediately and would get in touch with me later. I also often get this excuse from students that miss class for a week, so it sounded kind of made up. I hope your wife's grandfather is improving, by the way.

3) You just happened to get home the day after you left town, in time to promptly respond to my e-mail in which I threatened to sue you (see, at the time I thought you were this other BAD Mike D. Roe).

4) Despite my best attempts to do so, I couldn't find any information about a Mike D. Roe in Urbandale, IA who is honest and been breeding herps for 25 years. I would have thought that after that amount of time, some other herp people would have posted positive information about you on the internet. All I could find was lots of information from people who had had negative experiences with a Mike Roe in Iowa. However, I can understand that some of us are just more private than others. However, I was surprised that you didn't take me up on my request for reputable references.

5) In response to my accusations that you were trying to steal my money, you chose to make irrational threats (twice) to contact the president of my university and my department head to tell them how rude I am. At the time, this struck me as an attempt to intimidate me rather than defuse the situation, as my superiors would have no interest whatsoever in my communications with you. This was a deal to get a refund for lizards that I felt I wasn't going to get, not pornography or drug dealing for crying out loud!

6) You failed to provide compelling evidence (or any evidence, for that matter) that you aren't that slimebag Mike D. Roe from Fort Dodge, despite my suggestion that you do so. I guess the fact that you live in Urbandale, IA, and the bad, dishonest Mike D. Roe lives/lived in Fort Dodge, IA, just wasn't enough to completely allay my suspicions that you aren't him.

So, thanks again for returning my money so promptly. If you are a different Mike D. Roe than the one that steals people's money (and I hope for your sake that you are), I'm sorry that I felt I had to threaten legal action against you in order to get a refund, as you no doubt would have sent it had I simply asked.

Sincerely,

Day Ligon

odatria
02-27-2004, 12:45 PM
There are two Mike D. Roes in Iowa? Both of them share the same excuses? Both of them are rude? Neither of them have references worth using? Both of them like to use threats to try to make you look like the bad guy? Neither of them contact you after recieving payment? Hmmmm....... Looks like the safe thing to do would be to ignore them BOTH!

Look, you may have been a bit harsh on the guy but what did he expect after ignoring your emails after recieving payment? 4 DAYS??? The way I see it is this. If he doesn't want to be treated like the BAD Mike D. Roe, then he should STOP acting like the BAD Mike D. Roe! Plain and simple. 4 days later he contacts you with an excuse that has been used by a con artist. Instead of setting your mind at ease with a solid reference he threatens you? Sounds like they must be twins.

Just my opinion of course.

Michael

wyblep
02-27-2004, 02:36 PM
Do not listen to this BS it is the same guy he doesnt live in Fort Dodge anymore he lives about an hour from there now it is him no doubt in my mind and why is it all the searching I did for the Mike Roe we all know too well this othere guy never showed up and why didnt he just ship the animals you ordered? Hey Mike you are a real piece of work cant you just find a new Scam before you get you self hurt
Paul Wyble

evansnakes
02-27-2004, 07:05 PM
Mike should hire a personal crossing guard because one of these days when he crosses the street somebody's foot is going to slip off the brake and onto the accellerator!

dvf1973
02-27-2004, 09:24 PM
:flamethr: :hot: :uzi: :2gunsfiri :AR15firin :firedevil bleep :rofl:

Xtreme Reptiles
02-28-2004, 10:04 AM
If Anyone has any new info on him PLease forward it to us or email it too us... He still Owes us Over $1400 and has made no effort to make good on it... Its for an NSF check (which is Illegal) and Im tired of having his name anywhere in my records...

Alfredo Veloso

ShannanD25
04-11-2004, 01:21 AM
About two months ago(Feb 7th), I saw an ad on King snake for 26 albino leopard gecko babies for $400. I contacted Mike Roe of Animal Island, we made a deal, and to make a long excuse filled story short, I have no Leos and no refund. I tend to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but after reading this (why I did not check about him prior to this transaction....) I am so upset that I got scammed! First, there was a death in the family and he had to go out of town, then when he got back he was to busy to ship even though I told him I could wait, then he emailed me saying he was so sorry for everything he was just going to refund my money, even after I told him no, I want the Leos, I can wait. He emails me to tell me he SENT the refund anyways. Now he keeps telling me my refund is in the mail....for the past 4 weeks!!!!!First, his wife put on the wrong extended zipcode and it was returned as undeliverable, then it was sent again, only to never turn up, now he is waiting on the money order to be canceled and said on Tuesday he'd be sending it out UPS, overnight. Still nothing.

I sent the money order to 3156 68th St Urbandale Iowa 50322 on Feb 9th. ANd of course, I can not find the money order receipt.
He does communicate with me well, but the excuses are piling up. Maybe this is a different Mike Roe? My luck lately with buying Leos, I doubt it but one can only hope. The email he is using is rubyxexe@yahoo.com.

If this is a different Mike Roe of Animal Island I am sorry, prove me wrong and I will post a huge apology here and give you good guy reviews...but after reading all this threads' posts....I think it is the same guy. Can anyone help me?

Shannan Donivan
www.leopardgeckosinc.com

CheriS
04-11-2004, 01:37 AM
Sorry Shannan, its the same guy, he moved a few month ago since this thread started and I know 3 other people that are in hassles with him right now on their "refunds" or non shipment of reptiles.

Personally I really wonder that he has any of these he is selling or just kiting one business deal to pay off another one and it will eventually collapse, stay on him, some have got their money back by being persistent

dvf1973
04-11-2004, 02:30 AM
you can contact detective Doug Utley at the fort dodge police department, 5155732323, hes the guy that helped me out on this deal, they have a huge file on him for selling fake computers as well, good luck, i know how hard it is, but i got 4 peoples money back including myself for over 10k,

HerpVenue
04-11-2004, 03:35 AM
I know 3 other people that are in hassles with him right now on their "refunds" or non shipment of reptiles.
Well if anyone would like to file a complaint....
Kingsnake does have a three strikes and your out rule

dvf1973
04-11-2004, 03:46 AM
thats cool , but i dont believe Mr. Roe even uses this place, or any others other than ks that im aware of, and ks banned me for complaining about this guy? but hey I am complaining! so you can use that if it helps?

ShannanD25
04-11-2004, 10:18 AM
I'll post a complaint on KS, but from what I have read in other threads they seem to harbor scammers and others you don't want to deal with. From here on out, I check here first for feedback on people.
Thankfully I at least saved all of our emails back and forth. and have the receipt from when I overnighted the money order showing the name and address, and an "invoice" email.
I'll also call the police detective. Hopefully everyone else who has gotten scammed by him will as well!

-Shannan Donivan

Suncoast Herpetological
04-11-2004, 11:47 AM
Shannan

Unless you want to get the boot from KS as well, don't post a complaint on one of the forums or classified sections. That violates their TOS. Instead, go through theor normal complaint process.

At the top od any of the classified sections there is a link that is called Report Abuse. Click there and the rest of the procedure for filing a complaint is relatively self explanatory.

ShannanD25
04-11-2004, 11:51 AM
Thanks,
I went through their report fraud link. I also posted just about everywhere else I could think about that allows you to post things such as this. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will get my money back!

Shannan Donivan

stevep
04-11-2004, 12:13 PM
Hey Shannan

I was one of the people that got scammed around the same time as Damien. It took a while and a bunch of calls to Mike, Dave (his old partner ... I think) and the Fort Dodge police but Mike finally gave up and paid.
Stay on him! It's a shame that someone like him continues to get away with this.

Good luck
Steve Pisarchik

ShannanD25
04-12-2004, 01:32 PM
Mike will not respond to my emails. I called and left a message for Det. Doug Utley. King Snake claims they will only pursue it if I file an official complaint with http://www.ifccfbi.gov . Which I intend to do. Where else can I post? How is everyone else doing with getting their money back? Does anyone have a number for Mike or his mother? IF others have called her I might as well too:)

-Shannan Donivan

Double "D" Reptiles
04-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Shannan,

King Snake claims they will only pursue it if I file an official complaint with http://www.ifccfbi.gov .

I don't know why this statement doesn't suprise me anymore. From everything I am reading, this just stands to reason for Jeff as it's another way to keep folks who are willing to pay his prices to "look good." It's a real shame that the true quality vendors on his site feel they have to utilize his services in the midst of some real con artists in the industry. By using this method to weed out complaints against his paying vendors, he continues to allow scammers and cons to harbor there and thus continue to degrade his site and/or services. It's shameful, but so many have been watching, monitoring and reporting on this that it now comes as absolutely no suprise.

David

ShannanD25
04-12-2004, 02:49 PM
The complaint has been filed with the Internet Fraud people. I referenced this thread and pasted the URL. I put a call into Detective Utley. I copied the complaint (the official one) and replied with it to Kingsnake as they requested.

Any other advice?
Anyone have his mother's phone number?

He still hasn't replied to my emails. Imagine that. Prior to my discovering his fraud activities he always responded back.

So for a just starting out herper....avoid Repti-bid as there seems to be alot of scams there, avoid Kingsnake, as the same goes, avoid any deals that seem too good to be true, inquire about a person on here, before doing business...anything else I should know to make it in this business?

Thankfully I have had some wonderful deals with some others. I posted their names and thanks to them on my web site. It is good to know the reptile world isn't filled with scammers, entirely!

-Shannan Donivan

capitalcity
04-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Deleted - violation of FULL NAME rule - WebSlave

ShannanD25
04-12-2004, 03:43 PM
Just got off the phone with Doug Utley. Their new email is fdpd@fortdodgeiowa.org for any others currently being ripped off by Mike. Mike is now out of his jurisdiction though. I, and any others, are to contact Steve Switzer at 515-281-8771, he is part of the Consumer Protection Agency. Doug Utley has already sent a nice thick package to him to investigate and any and all calls from the victims is extremly beneficial!!!!

I Have emails saved from Mike Roe. Is there anyway I can tell using the IP address, where he is sending from? I am not computer savy, please keep in mind....

Thanks

Shannan Donivan

ShannanD25
04-12-2004, 04:14 PM
I am to email Steve Switzer at consumer@ag.state.ia.us with details that happened. He is encouraging me to encourage everyone that has gotten ripped off by Mike to email him as well...

Please everyone, repond to these guys! They may or may not be able to get us our money back, but they are willing to try!

-Shannan Donivan

dvf1973
04-12-2004, 06:55 PM
How did you pay him? If it was paypal, its electronic fraud and is a felony, if it was via check from your bank , its a felony, and if it was via postal money order go file with them, they always get the bad guys, so there are some useful options, you can file a complaint with the bbb, neither of you have to be members and they will hold is info public indefinetley until closure of the deal. these things help, maybe not today, but down the road. If it was with a credit card do a charge back, if it was with your bank, file a fraud complaint, they do take this stuff seriously. again good luck, oh and i did send a letter to the above said detective to help yopu out.

ShannanD25
04-12-2004, 10:02 PM
I thought it was a money order I sent. It wasn't. The Brain Cells just came back to life and now I realize it was a cashiers check. I called my credit union and all they can do is send me a copy, front and back of it. It had been cashed right after receipt so it is gone....from my understanding. I will talk to the head of the Credit Union tomorrow to see if there is more I can do.

How I wish I would have utilized Fauna and the BOI prior to this!

-Shannan Donivan

ShannanD25
04-13-2004, 11:22 AM
According to Jeff Barringer, the compalint I filed with Kingsnake and continuing through with the IFCC complaint, forwarded back to Kingsnake, is the first complaint they have received against Animal Island and/or Mike Roe. SO those who have not gotten their money back and have been taken across through an ad on Kingsnake please use their "process" and file a complaint with them and the IFCC and forward what the IFCC emails you back to Kingsnake.

I'd like to believe this may prevent Mike Roe from taking anyone else across in the near future on Kingsnake.

Are there other reptile web sites that Mike Roe could begin using? I'll gladly take the time to patrol through them.

Shannan Donivan

stevep
04-13-2004, 07:57 PM
Shannan

I also turned Mike Roe into the bbb, reported him to kingsnake.com, filed the IFCC thingy and called the FORT Dodge police. Kingsnake is wrong when they say that this is Mikes first report. Although when I went thru all of this, he was 1/2 owner of Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics. I also froze their paypal account. I think the account was actually Dave Vaughts. If you can, ask Kingsnake to dig up info on Midwest reptiles and aquatics (and Mike Roe). If I remember, this was last September 2003. I think that it's at the beginning of this thread.

Once again, I wish you all the luck.
Steve

Greg Riso
04-14-2004, 09:48 AM
Everyone beware that Mystic Herps of Iowa is just another scamming business name set up by Mike and Mandi Roe to rip people off. Here's a link to an inquiry I made on 4/05/04 about a mike at Mystic Herps. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36302
The first response from a Mike Jones of Animal Island recommending them may very well have been a name set up by them to promote their new name,. I'm not really sure. As for Josh Burm Guy, you had better rethink your opinion on this scum because the only interest this guy had in you was to string you along for more money. He never would have sent the animals.
My story began when I posted an ad looking for a ten lot of Colombian boas at the other site. A Mike of Mystic Herps responded saying he would sell me them for $535 shipped. I wanted to pay by Paypal but he said he didn't have an account yet, but they were going to get one. I decided to pay by US Postal MO and sent one for $535 overnight to a Mandi Roe who became involved in the transaction. The address I sent payment to was:
Mandi Roe
3156 68th St.
Urbandale, Iowa 50322
The agreement was for me to overnight payment to her to receive for Wednesday 4/07/04 and she was supposed to ship the same day so that I would have the animals on Thursday for a local customer. I instructed her before sending payment to make sure the animals were not fed and to anticipate sending them on Wednesday so they'd be ready to go out. I received a letter from Mandi saying the post office couldn't cash their own money order and the animals had accidentally been fed by her worker. She then stated she had to deposit the MO in her bank account and that it would take 2-3 days to clear. This coupled with the animals having been fed would not allow her to ship until Monday 4/12/04. I was very pissed off and asked her why I had gone through the added expense of overnighting her a US Postal Mo that could be cashed instantly so she could ship the animals upon receiving payment. She told me she would send me an extra two Colombians with the ten lot just to keep me as a customer and for my troubles.
Yesterday I was supposed to have received the animals and needless to say I didn't even so much as get an e-mail with a carrier name or tracking number after repeated requests for one. Another person responded yesterday saying they were normally closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and that he just happened in on my e-mails asking where the animals and tracking numbers were, etc. because he was there to feed a few animals.
I've since sent a letter to Mandi telling her I was onto their scam as a result of this thread and they had best overnight payment back to me TODAY or I was going to report them for felony crimes of mail and internet fraud. I haven't heard anything back as of this point. These people are the lowest scum imaginable! DO NOT DEAL WITH MYSTIC HERPS, Mandi Roe, Mike Roe or anything remotely affiliated with them. They are scammers.

ShannanD25
04-14-2004, 09:55 AM
Greg, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE call Captain Utley immediatley!!!!He was wonderful to work with on this! Then call Steve S...can't remeber but it is in this thread. They both have seemed very eager to catch these morons.

Greg, where did you originaly see the ad?

Does anyone live in Iowa near Urbandale? Please email me.

SHannan Donivan

ShannanD25
04-14-2004, 10:11 AM
These are all the same person, Mike Roe who is currently ripping people off everywhere. Buyers beware. Please see other thread regarding Mike Roe and Dave Vaught for details and police contact info.

SHannan Donivan

Greg Riso
04-14-2004, 10:16 AM
I posted an ad in the wanted section at K...snake looking for a ten lot of Colombians and Mike of Mystic Herps responded saying he had them for $535 shipped. I did a search here at Fauna and not knowing Mike's last name was Roe didn't find anything. Then when Mandi Roe became involved I didn't think anything of it because it's not uncommon for more than one person to communicate in e-mails. After suspecting I was being scammed I checked out her name this morning and came upon this thread. Their current e-mail address is tattoo69@frontiernet.net I've been writing to. I'd be very surprised to hear from them again.

ShannanD25
04-14-2004, 10:52 AM
Greg,
Jeff from Kingsnake is asking that you please go through their channels and file a complaint with the IFCC then forward what the IFCC emails you back to them. I contacted him about mike striking again. I know this takes time and may result in nothing but at least I felt that I had done 1 more thing to stop another from getting ripped off!

I also contacted an Attorney, a good family friend. Hopefully pursuing Mike through the police, internet, and legal system, may stop him. Doubt it....but I am willing to dedicate a lot of time to it.

Again anyone living near Urbandale, please email me.

Shannan Donivan

HerpVenue
04-14-2004, 12:43 PM
the screenname Rubyxexe has the name Mystic Herps attached to it.

the IP addy is 63.230.61.104

This "Mike Jones" with the screen name Animal Island has an IP of 63.230.61.104

If you look they are giving each other good feedback.
But they are the same person

wyblep
04-14-2004, 12:48 PM
Hello everyone my name is Paul Wyble I live in Pittsburgh, PA those of you who read this whole post know that Mike and Mandi Roe got me for 1700.00 for a albino ball python but I got it back from his mother and I froze his paypal account I have seen Mike posting on KS and when I do see one of his ads I make sure I post right underneath it that it is a scam KS has warned me a few times about it but I dont care I just wanted to let you guys know keep on him you will get your money back he is trying to run a scam where he is robbing one person to pay back the person that is closest to his trail when you get close to him he scams someone else to pay you off he is the biggest piece of s%%t I ever had the displeasure of knowing and he thinks that he has 30 days after you pay him to either send the animal or refund you your money without any consiquences he has stated that to me plenty of times the funny thing is he came from a very wealthy family I am going to look back in my info to try and find his mothers# I think I might have posted it before I know it helped more than a few people get there money back I know he does not live in Fort Dodge any more and he just picked up and left one day left his tatoo shop and everything his mom had all of this stuff and she might sell it I told her to sell it and keep the money to take care of some of Mikes victems she said she would probably do that so I would try and call her and see if there is anything left you can do a search on Roe for fort dodge you will find her Mary is her name very nice lady and well now I know that Mike is reading these post I just wanted to let you know Mike that I just told my supervisor that if any jobs come up in the state of Iowa to please put me on them and there normally is a couple a year there I travel alot for work so I think I might have to stop up and put a face with this name I hate so much I told you you little piece of ---- I might have got my money back but as far as I am concearned you still stole from me its scum like you that are killing this industry see you soon Mikey

Exoticsnakes
04-14-2004, 01:46 PM
Hi Everyone,
My name is Tony I live in NY. I was also scammed in the beginning of the year. I eventually got my money back from Mikes Mother. She is a very nice woman, I feel bad that she has to deal with this crap from her son. I have some information from about a month ago that I will share with you....
These are some numbers that I have. THE FIRST NUMBERS ARE FOR (THE BUCKLE) WHICH WILL BE FOR MANDY ROE.(515) 276-1809 (515) 225-3818, (515) 287-0107, THERE ARE THREE STORES IN DES MOINES AT THIS TIME I DONT HAVE INFORMATION WHICH ONE SHE WORKS AT. THE PHONE NUMER FOR THE HARLEY SHOP IN DES MOINES WERE MIKE IS SUPPOESE TO WORK IS (515) 265-4444. THIS IS THE ONLY HARLEY SHOP IN DES-MOINES. THE NAME OF THE HARLEY SHOP IS (ZOOKS HARLEY).

This is Mike's mother's E-mail address:
Mary E Roe [speck@frontiernet.net]
Try not to get her Involved; her husband gives her a hard time about this whole nightmare!!!

I WILL TRY TO DIG UP MORE INFORMATION FOR YOU ASAP.
GOD BLESS, TONY

Hebrews 4:13
Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

ShannanD25
04-14-2004, 01:53 PM
Thank you for all that wonderful info Tony! Captain ( I think it is actually Chief) Utley expressed to me how nice Mike's mom is and how this is horrible for her. She'll be my last resort. It is nice having their work numbers handy. I say we all start calling asking to speak to supervisors regarding the police reports filed and the reprots with the Attorney General. I have plenty of time on my hands and plenty of free long distance...I'll gladly fax their work places copies of the reports...
That info is very helpful, thanks again!

Shannan Donivan

Taylor James
04-15-2004, 08:19 PM
I have also been ripped off by Mike Roe. I was taken for $1900 on an albino ball python that he was advertised on K.S.. My story is almost exactly the same as most of yours. He was supposed to ship but for some reason or another he couldn't. And then he was supposed to send a refund but it never showed up!
I have filed reports with K.S. and with the IFCC. But I doubt that will get me far. Hopefull the information you guys have posted here will help me.
Thanks and Good Luck to Everyone
Taylor

ShannanD25
04-15-2004, 11:30 PM
Mike WAS running many auctions on reptibid but his auctions are now closed.....keep your eyes out on other sites....

ShannanD25
04-15-2004, 11:31 PM
Mike is also operating on Reptibid. As of now his auctions have been shutdown but keep your eyes open. I am sure he will be popping up again.....

Josh Burm Guy
04-16-2004, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Greg Riso
Everyone beware that Mystic Herps of Iowa is just another scamming business name set up by Mike and Mandi Roe to rip people off. Here's a link to an inquiry I made on 4/05/04 about a mike at Mystic Herps. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36302
The first response from a Mike Jones of Animal Island recommending them may very well have been a name set up by them to promote their new name,. I'm not really sure. As for Josh Burm Guy, you had better rethink your opinion on this scum because the only interest this guy had in you was to string you along for more money. He never would have sent the animals.

These people are the lowest scum imaginable! DO NOT DEAL WITH MYSTIC HERPS, Mandi Roe, Mike Roe or anything remotely affiliated with them. They are scammers.

Greg,... again, my deepest sympathies that you got taken by this apparent scumbag Mike Roe. The more I read about him and his con crew the more pissed off I get and I wasn't even ripped off by him. If he had done it to me I would pay 250 to fly to Iowa and be settling it the "old school way". But that's just me.

You're right in suspecting that the post by Mike Jones of "Animal Island" was an insider poster to make them look good. Ritchie Luna ran some ip addys and matched his with someone elses in the crew.

As for my post,.. I am terribly sorry that it misled you in any way. I was responding to your inquiry on "Mystic Herps" which at that time I was 99% certain is/was a good business run by a good person. I posted that his name was Matt, not Mike, but that if Mike was connected with Mystic Herps that he was likely a good person too. Unfortunately, the scenario that someone like this scumbag Mike could be out there using the good name of a reputable business never even crossed my mind. It certainly will next time.

I wrote Matt Loll of Mystic Herps on Wednesday and just got a response from him late last night. He knew nothing of this ordeal. I responded to it at about 3am and gave him the link to come to Fauna to fix his inadverdant involvement in this mess. He was/is unfamiliar with Fauna Classifieds and will have to register and such before becoming involved. I am now 100% confident that Matt Loll, whom is sole owner of the original Mystic Herps in MO, is in no way connected with this Mike Roe claiming to be Mystic Herps. I know this doesn't help you or the others to get your money back, but I felt it was neccesary to clear Mystic Herps so as to prevent yet another person from becoming a victim of these worthless people in Iowa. Though I also simultaneously warn everyone reading this to watch out for anyone using the name Mystic Herps that are based in Iowa.

WebSlave
04-16-2004, 11:11 AM
There are three screen names on this site associated with the IP address 63.230.61.104 (63-230-61-104.desm.qwest.net):

Animal Island
capitalcity
rubyxexe

All three accounts have been suspended here.

Greg Riso
04-16-2004, 01:10 PM
This is Detective Dwight Taylor with the Urbandale, Iowa police department. I was contacted by Greg Riso regarding his loss of more than $500.00 as a result of ordering snakes from the internet from Mike & Mandy Roe.

Greg also advised me that there are other people who have been scamed by these people. I wouold appreciate anyone that has lost money by placing orders with Mike or Mandy Roe to contact me so that I might have additional information on their activities. Also anyone that has lost money to these people, and who have filed complaints with their local police department, please provide me with a case number and a contact person.

You can send any information via email to dtaylor@urbandale.org

ShannanD25
04-17-2004, 12:58 AM
Web slave,
you are wonderful!

Is that the capital city reptiles that just sprouted up here on 11 April in the thread about Wormman and Bearded pets?

Greg,
You are also wonderful for getting Detective Taylor to take this seriously! I will be emailing him my report and I hope everyone else does as well.

I wonder what new name Mike Roe will try to use next.

Shannan Donivan

cahrens
04-17-2004, 09:19 AM
I found this in another thread. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36918
I'm assuming it was intended to be here as it didn't make any sense where it was. I simply copied it and pasted it and any statements contained are not mine.

MysticHerps
Matt Loll

Feedback Rating: (0)

Warning Level: 0
[ View User Warnings ]

Brian Smith was kind enough to send me this thread so i could see what is going on.

I have had Mystic Herpetological registered in the state of Missouri for 5+ years now as my business name, and would appreciate more information as to people doing bogus business under my licensed name.

I am in no way affiliated with "Mike" and am sole operator and owner.

For anyone wanting more information on this, or is wanting to give me more information regaurding this topic, please feel free to E mail me at MysticHerps@aol.com

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ShannanD25
04-23-2004, 03:44 PM
I just got off the phone with Det. Taylor. Mike ripped off 12 people on Reptibid for over $2500....a FELONY...and Det Taylor wants to bring charges against him and is asking for all our help.
1. Anyone who has been ripped off and paid back, or more importantly, NOT paid back please email me the facts and amounts and all that good info! Please include a way teh Detective can get ahold of you. scdo2@msn.com

2. Anyone know how to get in touch with the other 10 people who got ripped off on Reptibid? I can't find away to track down their user email. I have all their user names, just no profile....

This is our chance to get one scam artist behind bars and if everyone pulls together I think Det. Taylor can finally end Mike's scamming days!

Thanks...
Sorry to cross post this but I wanted to reach as many people as possible!