PDA

View Full Version : How is Underground Reptiles in Florida??

PeterFromme
11-30-2003, 12:34 AM
Hi,

I'm thinking of purchasing a baby green tree python from Underground Reptiles. I just wanted to know if anyone has purchased snakes from them in the past?

How are their snakes (e.g. healthy)? Would you recommend them?

Please let me know your opinion....

Thanks,

Peter Fromme

Mustangrde1
11-30-2003, 08:25 AM
Peter

You will have nothing but a GREAT GTP my wife and I have bought numerous snakes from Underground with NO problems at all. We Live only a couple hours drive from them and are there often. The shop is always clean and the animals healthy, if one does not look good for any reason they pull it off the floor and put it in quarantine. That in itself speaks volumes that they do not just care about Dollar but care for the animals as well. As for their GTP's in particular we have purchased 5 from them and never had a problem. The Store manager Greg has always helped us even long after the purchase's with any questions. The staff themself are highly knowledgeable and take the time to explain to customers about the animals they are thinking about buying.

Truly some of the Good Guys

Scott Bice

dvf1973
11-30-2003, 09:37 AM
first i will say rian is obviously a very busy guy, it was a little diffficult to get him, i have 8 chondros from him, some arus, biaks, nice nice jayapura's, i did worry a bit at first as i lost two arus in the first week, the bio at the vets concluded giardia, and other flaglyites, i immediatly forwarded info to them, they got a new shipment of arus he held until sheds and 4 meals took place, they are doing very well as i have only had them a week, the others are doing very well, neos are tough in my opinion so those things are expected, they held true to their word, i find that rare in this industry, d

stevep
11-30-2003, 10:09 AM
I just purchased a baby Aru and a yearling biak last week from them. They both look great and appear to be healthy. Recieved them on Wednesday and the both ate Saturday evening.
I agree with Damien, that Rian is busy but he always answered my emails.
I just got ripped off by Midwest Reptiles and Aquatics when I tried to buy from them. So, I was very nervous, but Underground Reptiles made me feel better about people.
You will be pleased with them
Steve:)

herpetological
11-30-2003, 02:49 PM
Rian's a good guy.. no worries.! Ray G. HBR

Neil Gubitz
11-30-2003, 04:47 PM
Yeah.... What HE said!!....
I've done tons of business with them in the past (and much more in the future, I'm sure) and have never had a problem with their animals or service!

Neil

bogwan
12-01-2003, 01:10 PM
i purchased two blood pythons and two retics from them transaction went well they sent the animals right out i am having problems with them feeding and have not recieved a reply back on any of the questions i asked though but as far as the transaction and the overall look of the animals everything was great just cant seem to get a reply on some questions because these animals wont feed right now hope that helps a bit

Neil Gubitz
12-01-2003, 01:20 PM
Robert.... forget the emails.... Call them at 1-954-428-8005 and they'll answer every time!

Neil

bogwan
12-01-2003, 02:14 PM
thanks neil i dont know if you remember me but i bought the green burms from you not even a month ago you shipped them up to ny for me they look great and are doing great nice animals my son and i love them they are eating great and have both just shed

Neil Gubitz
12-01-2003, 02:27 PM
Robert.... of course I remember who you are.... I might be brain-dead, but not after only one month??.... lol
I'm glad to hear they're doing ok for you....

I'm also sure that you'll get satisfaction from Rian once you two get in touch!.... Tell him *I* told you so!.... lol

Neil

bogwan
12-01-2003, 02:45 PM
i will call i am still looking for some labrynth burms if anyone knows anyone..................

g23armani
12-20-2003, 11:08 PM
I had a very bad experience purchasing an Egyptian Uromastyx from them. She ended up dying, I ended up paying $590 for her and Rian ended up telling me there was no way I was getting my money back and that he couldn't believe I had killed her. You can see the thread of my complaint here:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=30757

Peter

Hard2FindHerps
12-21-2003, 12:40 AM
I posted a reply on another thread about my transaction with them about a year ago. You can see all the details there but basically what it boils down to is that Rian Gittman is only out for the all mighty dollar. I ended up paying way to much for my supplies even for retail. He offered no customer service on the phone and no help whatsoever in general. He was very helpful in the store when I walked in looking to buy something but after the transaction was done he left me high and dry. In response to the post about the non feeding bloods and retics, I wouldnt be surprised if he never responded and blew you off when you called because thats what happened to me. In response to the guy who said his GTPs died of parasites, thats prob because they were farm raised babies that he picked up at the local wholesaler not CBB. Everything about his shop is nice on the outside but im sure just about every animal there came from a local wholesalers. All I have to say is beware about buying animals online from retail shops.

Michael Tragash

CheriS
12-21-2003, 09:36 PM
I see some good responses here with people who got healthy animals, but the real merit of a business and someone is when there is that unforseen problem and in that department, they are not impressive