PDA

View Full Version : how do i get my female to open up!

hussler1984
01-25-2012, 07:59 PM
My girl is playing hard to get! She has had 3 of my best male breeders in with her and the males are all over her! Lining up tails but she just won't let them get a good lock! Any help? Or is she just not ready?

RobNJ
01-25-2012, 08:25 PM
I'd say she's just not interested as of yet.

hussler1984
01-25-2012, 08:36 PM
I agree.

AbsoluteApril
01-25-2012, 08:43 PM
Try opening up about your life, goals, fears and such. If she is receptive, keep talking, allowing her to chime in, perhaps getting a glimpse of her life, her fears. Above all, keep the conversation very supportive and loving. Make sure to be an active listener

oh wait.. you meant a snake right?
;)

RobNJ
01-25-2012, 09:03 PM
Try opening up about your life, goals, fears and such. If she is receptive, keep talking, allowing her to chime in, perhaps getting a glimpse of her life, her fears. Above all, keep the conversation very supportive and loving. Make sure to be an active listener

;)

:rofl:

KY Reptiles
01-25-2012, 09:30 PM

;)

Lmao!!! :rofl: Made my night!!!

I agree, she just isn't being receptive as of yet. Take the males away, let them rest and eat for 2 weeks. Let her be for 2 weeks, letting her eat and relax, then try again. Just cause you don't ever see them locked doesn't mean it doesn't happen and its very possible you just missed it and are witnessing another courting. Either way, patience, patience, patience. I find that some females wanna eat a little more before being bred and after a few more meals they're more receptive.

How big is she?

hussler1984
01-25-2012, 09:37 PM
She's 1600 grams. She has stopped feeding. Usually eats fine. Just that time of the year. Ill let her rest a few weeks. Attempt to feed her again, and try later! :) thanks

KY Reptiles
01-25-2012, 09:48 PM
I find offering multiple small meals gets them to eat. Offer a small rat hopper/weaned. She eats that offer another.

I have one that's been a pain in my rear about eating during the winter. But the small meals do it for her and she takes multiple rats for me no problem.

JustChad04
01-26-2012, 11:11 AM

;)

I did that, Now she steals my Jeep Rubicon at 5am in the morning b4 I get up to go to work.

Oh wait, this is a BP post not marital issues post. :ack2:

Matt2979
01-26-2012, 11:28 AM
I had the same thing going on with one of my proven girls (a mojo). It was the boy's first time so I though it might be him (even though he has locked with another this year). Put him back with the YB (that he's already been with) and nothing. She's looking like she could be gravid so I put him back with the mojo and they locked up within an hour. All of this was over 2-3 weeks, and he got fed and rested between. Hopefully just timing in your case, too. Good luck!

hussler1984
01-26-2012, 11:54 AM
thanks for the imput

hussler1984
01-26-2012, 11:59 AM
LOL
:yesnod: