PDA

View Full Version : Black Axanthic pairings

TacticalMorphs
01-25-2012, 10:11 PM
So im waiting for taxes to come back to me. When i do i will be paying off the het black axanthic pair. I have seen very little pairing for them the only pairing that i have seen on the internet is to OG, Clown, Spider, Pastels and Pieds of course. I know i have only hets but i was wondering what to lock the male up with next season? I know they will produce 1/2 hets. I already have a lot of normals not much else. I have yet to breed a ball python and this pair cost me a nice penny. I want to find a female morph now that has a lot of attributes that will stand out when paired with a black axanthic.I know im still awhile from producing a black axanthic going this route but im chasing a dream! Right now i have only lesser X 2 normals and a pair of 100% dh Vpi snows locked up. I was thinking of getting a Enchi. Anybody else have an opinion. I not that well versed in the varity of morphs.

Thanks Everyone
Shane

snakesRkewl
01-25-2012, 10:16 PM
black pastel female, make some black pastel 50% het's and hold back the females.
A black ax black pastel might be pretty hot.

TacticalMorphs
01-25-2012, 10:25 PM
I was thinking along the same lines. Staying with really dark morphs like cinnis and chocolates. I wonder if it would take out the brown on a pin and make it look like sprinkles on the patterns.

MrBig
01-25-2012, 10:54 PM
I would go with a black pastel over a cinni, but that's my preferance anyway. I just looked into those black axes, and even if i wasn't partial to bps over cinnies, I would still go with the black pastel. I think the tweaked out pattern with that color would be sick. Like a hatchling black pewter but for life. Black pewter would be even better.

KY Reptiles
01-25-2012, 11:06 PM
I'd also go with butters, they go awesomely with dark morphs. Mojaves, sables, etc. There's a lot of options out there.

CornNut
01-26-2012, 01:32 AM
I 2nd the Mojave suggestion and would add het red axanthic. Both make nice dark morph combos.

MrBig
01-26-2012, 09:06 AM
I vote black pewter. Again if it counts twice

RobNJ
01-26-2012, 03:13 PM
While it's still a fairly young morph, I'd dive headfirst into a double recessive...maybe G-stripe, ghost, or start pinching your pennies and pick up a lav albino or 2.

MrBig
01-26-2012, 03:38 PM
I see your point Rob, but I don't think any of those would really compliment the black axes. Maybe the G-stripe. I love the hypo gene, but don't think it would be the best combo with the black axes, I may be wrong though. I also agree with the lesser/butter combo, Bob Obrien made some regular ax lessers and wow they are amaing, almost made me get into ax's despite me saying no recc projects for now.

RobNJ
01-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Ok, I was shooting more for a completely kick :censored: project...so while that would still be the way I would go, if you're looking for what goes good with dark, I would seriously take a look into black heads...I have no clue how much they are going for, but they would be really nice. After that any mix of the following...black pastel, yellow belly, mojave, sable, het red axanthic.

TacticalMorphs
01-26-2012, 05:45 PM
I Got my eye on a Super Pastel girl het OG