PDA

View Full Version : Lemon pastel Q

Psychotic Serpents
01-30-2012, 01:42 AM
My kid has always wanted a Lemon pastel and i just wanted to
hear from everyboby on how they think has the best line.

Thanks
Dennis

MrBig
01-30-2012, 09:45 AM
Well for a Lemon Pastel, the ONLY line is NERD. Now there are other lines of pastel that are as nice or nicer, depending on individual snakes and taste. I really like the citrus pastels, just not sure they are worth the large price difference.

Gloryhound
01-30-2012, 11:17 AM
Yea, Lemon is really a NERD specific line from what I have seen.

I am partial to Blond Pastels.

Matt2979
01-30-2012, 11:22 AM
I quit paying much attention to the "line" of pastel a few years ago, as most are mixed anyway. When I pick out a baby, I look for lots of blushing, as little orange as possible (more orange tends to turn more brown with age), and lots of white on the head.

Focal
01-30-2012, 11:26 AM
I agree with Matt. If it didn't come from the original, who knows how muddy the history has been. It shares a gene from some random mother/father. The best thing to do, is buy from someone that can show you pictures of the parents. You can get a good feel for what the baby will look like as it ages. There are some people selling super pastels that don't even look like regular pastels so be careful. I haven't seen any regular pastels that get brighter with age.

MrBig
01-30-2012, 01:51 PM
I don't think I will buy anymore juvie pastels. I would be open to buying some adult or subadult female pastels in the future. But the minimal price difference from a sub adult to a juvie, coupled with the fact that you will have a better idea of what it will look like full grown, makes it a simple decision. I agree that the line is less important then the look, as I've seen exemplary examples of each line and porr ones as well.

Psychotic Serpents
01-30-2012, 06:05 PM
cool thanks. ya looking for a lot of yellow. don't want a big price tag but want a good pastel. He want to make the bright yellow bumble-bees and these are my
1st bps but i been breeding cornsnakes for about 10 yrs. I'm learning all new stuff. well how do you think has the best yellow pastels and if anyone has pics they can post to halp me would be nice.
thanks