PDA

View Full Version : Butter/Mojave Input

oskyle1567
02-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Hey guys does anyone know the average price female BEL go for now adays? Has anyone seen the prices at recent shows? Im just getting back into ballin "lol" and i found one for what i think is a decent online price of $1200 was wondering if i should wait until the New England Reptile expo and try to get one cheaper for cash? Or make the plunge and purchase one online? Ridiculous how much ball python prices have gone down!

KY Reptiles
02-01-2012, 10:30 PM
1200 is about average. I've seen em from 1100-1300 maybe a little more. Nice thing about getting one online from a hobbyists is you can ask to see the parents, so you know you're getting quality. Going to a show you can only hope they email you pics afterwards, who knows if the parents are the quality you're looking for. When it comes to supers like that, (bels, super cin/bp, blkel and so on) I prefer to see the parents before purchasing.

oskyle1567
02-01-2012, 11:09 PM
That is a great suggestion i never though about looking at the parents first to see how its offspring's are going to look like. I think its a fare price too considering a couple years ago you couldn't find one under 3k. It is my dream snake and i had plans to make one myself a couple years ago but there so "cheap" now so i mine as well just pick one up!!!! Big plans for this project!

Matt2979
02-02-2012, 08:15 AM
Honestly, you might be able to find one a little cheaper at the expo, BUT if you're looking for quality, take Kelly's suggestion and do a little more research to find "the one" that you really want. Personally, I like the super mojaves, as they tend to hold a little more color. It's all up to you and what you want to do with your projects. Good luck finding your new addition!!

oskyle1567
02-02-2012, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the reply I agree with you on supper mojave's they are gorgeous also! I love the ones that have grey stripes on the side of there head! I think its going to be best for me to go through a reputable breeder even though I'm going to kick myself next new England reptile show in April! I'm just getting back into the hobby and I figure ''but probably wont happen" keep my collection small and buy high quality snakes. I love when you tell yourself your not going to buy another snake and the next week usps shows up lol

Matt2979
02-02-2012, 08:58 AM
I love when you tell yourself your not going to buy another snake and the next week usps shows up lol

It's even better when you tell...no, PROMISE your wife the same thing...and then one shows up that you thought you could sneak into the snake room...but then she comes downstairs at the most inopportune time... :reddevil: