PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had any dealing with QUALITY FIRST PETS?

dself40
12-06-2003, 01:26 AM
I am in the process id buying some ball pythons from Dale Woodruff at QUALITY FIRST PETS and was wonding if anyone knew anything about them thanks

bobsreptiles
12-08-2003, 09:57 PM
I have known the owner of Quality First Pets for 15 years, and he is a good guy to do business with. We met Dale a few months ago, and are now buying through Dale. He seems like a good guy too. They have always taken care of me.

Bob & Jeanette Hammond
Bob's Reptiles

animaladventure
12-09-2003, 10:01 AM
Dale is a great guy and has always done me well easy to work with and if there is something you want he will do his best to get it for you.

Brian layell

craig268
12-10-2003, 12:22 PM
They had some animals posted on Kingsnake with some potentially misleading information pertaining to the size of the animals.

Anyways, I emailed them to ask for additional photos with a ruler.

Never heard back. Now maybe the animals were sold but even so, they should have at least let me know.

Without a response, best I can figure is that the size claim they made was bogus.

Craig Baker

Guy Castro
12-10-2003, 06:38 PM
Dale is on the ball!!! Very personable and upfront! By the way,I bought the so called misleading add animals and he promptly removed the add(good business sense and his computer was loading up with emails)! When the animals arrived yesterday,they were nice and warm,and believe me,they were exactly the weights stated!!! Hope this helps!!

Guy Castro:D

Sasheena
12-10-2003, 07:11 PM
I ordered some balls from this guy also, not sure yet if he got the funds in time to ship today, or if he will be shipping tomorrow or monday, but I'm looking forward to the shipment. When I get them I'll post my experience here.

QualityFirstPet
12-11-2003, 12:53 AM
Craig,
Maybe you did not notice that in the photo with the two tortoises there is a water bottle with them this is for size comparison. Most people realize this. If I were trying to misrepresent the size I don't think I would have put in the water bottle for size comparison. As far as not getting back to you in your e-mail I have dozens of e-mails everyday to answer and unfortunally it is very easy to overlook one. This does not mean that I am trying to mislead someone. Next time hopefully you will look closer before you say negetive things about someone. At Quality First Pets we do our utmost to provide good animals and service. If someone is displeased with our service or product we do everything in our power to correct it in a fair manner.

Dale Woodruff

craig268
12-11-2003, 09:36 AM
Guy, must be different animals. The ad is still posted.

I'll send Quality First another email to see if they respond.

Craig Baker

craig268
12-11-2003, 02:00 PM
To Dale:

Thanks for the reply. I've responded to you privately.

Craig Baker

Guy Castro
12-12-2003, 09:23 AM
Hey Craig, the adds were in reference to a 2400gr female and a 2100gr female and weren't up very long.You may be refering to the other ad stating 300gr to 700gr balls.I went after the big girls(10 of them)!!!!Hope this helps!

Guy Castro;)

Sasheena
12-13-2003, 12:45 AM
I bought Balls from the "300 - 700" gram advertisement myself. I don't have a gram scale, but I can guarantee that the majority of the animals I received are on the heavier side of the scale. 9 out of ten of the animals are absolutely superb, one has a few scales that are reddish (scale rot?) but we're talking about six scales, maybe seven. I'll be treating them for parasites, and I believe that with a little bit of work, I'll be able to get them acclimitized. Dale was very personable throughout the transaction, calling to get certain details clear, very up front about the origins of the animals and what he had and had not done for them. They were precisely as advertised, larger perhaps (which I considered good) and heavy on the females (which I also considered good). They were professionally packed, and arrived when they should. I rate Dale very highly. His advertising was precise and accurate. I would do business with him again and am glad I took the opportunity to trust him! Thanks Dale!

herpetological
12-13-2003, 09:47 PM
I've known Mike for some time... I just met Dale a short time ago. Very easy to buy and sell to.. Good guys in that respect.

Ophidiophile
01-03-2004, 02:55 PM
I purchased a hatchling albino red eared slider from Dale a few weeks ago. It was quite cold here and the packing job that Dale did was truly excellent - DOUBLE styro boxes with a heat pack in between. The turtle arrived in excellent condition. Following its arrival the turtle took a week to begin feeding and after 3 days or so I got somewhat nervous. I stayed in contact with Dale and during this whole time he was amenable to me keeping and working with the animal or shipping it back for a full refund. Ultimately, I kept the animal and after a week it began feeding on small minnows. It's now on reptomin, gammarus, freeze dried tubifex, koi chow, crickets and just about anything else I put in its cage. Hats off to Dale not just for the great initial service but also for fantastic follow-up customer service and communication. I highly recommend these guys and would not hesitate to make a repeat purchase from them. :)

Sasheena
01-17-2004, 09:52 PM
Followup on the ten "Bush Babies" I bought from Quality First just before leaving on Christmas vacation.

I had never bought wild caught animals before, and won't do it again, but I knew up front exactly waht I was getting when I ordered ten WC ball pythons. The transaction went very smoothly, the snakes arrived promptly.

We warmed them up, hydrated them, and then left them alone for two weeks, thinking that the time without us bothering them would help them more than anything else. When we returned from vacation, sadly, four of the ten were dead.

I didn't expect anything from DAle, but I did let him know what happened. To my mind he went far beyond what I could have expected. Though he did not have to do so, he sent me 1.1 CB ball pythons to replace the WC ones that perished. I felt that was a very nice and fair thing for him to do, and appreciate the way he treated this situation.

As I think I have heard on here before, it is not how you deal with the perfect transaction that sets you apart as an excellent breeder and seller of herps.... it's how you deal with the transaction that goes bad that will really show your stuff. IF Dale has anything in the future that I want/need/can afford, I plan to do business with him in the future.

Thomas Jones
05-17-2004, 12:03 PM
I have bought from Quality First Pets on two different occasions. The first time i dealt with Dale Woodruff and the second time Micheal Powell. both are good guys to deal with and the shipping practices are top notch. I will do business with them again.

JasonBrennan
05-17-2004, 08:13 PM
I have no idea which person I dealt with, but last season I purchased 5 baby ball pythons and a black and white tegu from Quality First at the Dixie Show in Alabama. The person that was there at the table was very polite and patient while I looked thru all the low priced animals. He was very easy to deal with, and even cut me a price break, which he didn't have to do.

I can't speak of their shipping or packing, but I would not hesitate to purchase from them based on my face to face interaction.