PDA

View Full Version : VANILLA MALE HAS FINALLY JUMPED INTO THE LADYS!!!!

snakejems reptiles
02-10-2012, 05:49 AM
HE is my gulf coast vanilla male which has just started breeding for me and this is first lock,, now he will be put with other morphs soon, with fire girl first by the end of this weekend for sure then others soon after,, glad to see he finally had interest and hit the man world,,,, sweet....:thumbsup:

ps,, other pics of his breeding actions will be posted when they happen, so i can share them with everyone,, thanks again mark

Matt2979
02-10-2012, 07:19 AM
Congrats, Mark!! I've got a couple of "pretty boys" that I'm still waiting on to figure things out. You better believe that I'll be just as stoked as you, once I witness a lock from either of them!! Best of luck with yours! I may just have to work a vanilla into my collection this year.

Focal
02-10-2012, 07:24 AM
Congrats!! I think I love my breeding males the best. I love opening their enclosures and watching them try to get out until I put a female in. Then all they want to do is chase her around instead.

Randy F
02-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Sweet Mark, hope he likes all the girls

Congrats!! I think I love my breeding males the best. I love opening their enclosures and watching them try to get out until I put a female in. Then all they want to do is chase her around instead.

wish mine were all like my desert. I was switching males and then realized that I had a male with two of my fires which were only for my vanilla ghost. When I saw I put the desert in with one by mistake, he was already locked up within minutes. When I saw he finished I decided to give him a little bit before putting him with the mojave he was suppose to go in with......locked again! When I went to get him the next day......he was starting to lock AGAIN!!! He is finally with the mojo and locked! Of course I have atleast 3 males that will not do ANYTHING and its frustrating

GREGORY J HALL
02-10-2012, 10:21 AM
Nice my males are kicking in too !!!!!!!!!! wont be long Ill have everything bred at least once all 17 ;)

snakejems reptiles
02-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Congrats, Mark!! I've got a couple of "pretty boys" that I'm still waiting on to figure things out. You better believe that I'll be just as stoked as you, once I witness a lock from either of them!! Best of luck with yours! I may just have to work a vanilla into my collection this year.

thanks matt,, yea vanilla combos are very nice.....

snakejems reptiles
02-10-2012, 02:13 PM

yea nick,, that is the way to settled them down and put there mind on other things then escape.....thanks

snakejems reptiles
02-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Sweet Mark, hope he likes all the girls

wish mine were all like my desert. I was switching males and then realized that I had a male with two of my fires which were only for my vanilla ghost. When I saw I put the desert in with one by mistake, he was already locked up within minutes. When I saw he finished I decided to give him a little bit before putting him with the mojave he was suppose to go in with......locked again! When I went to get him the next day......he was starting to lock AGAIN!!! He is finally with the mojo and locked! Of course I have atleast 3 males that will not do ANYTHING and its frustrating

thanks randy,,, it is up and down when males are ready to do biz,, if not u have to use the best one for the job and of course the best combo making one too......

snakejems reptiles
02-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Nice my males are kicking in too !!!!!!!!!! wont be long Ill have everything bred at least once all 17 ;)

thanks greg,,, i had all my females but four bred already,, two after this weekend if i am lucky with mister vanilla on his second go around.....:thumbsup:

MrBig
02-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Love that vanilla male, I am on the fence about vanillas until I see one like yours. Glad he finally got the idea, wish my mojo would do the same. The Fire is more then making up for it though. I've had at least 1 lock with every girl available, and many more then that with all but the pastels, I don't think my Fire likes the color yellow. He's locked one multiple times and she is building nicely, the second I've seen 4 locks minimal building and the third was 1 lock and no interest since. I even popped her again to make sure she wasn't a he after 3 years, but no worries all is right down there. Good luck on all your projects this year Mark, you always have some interesting stuff going on.

KY Reptiles
02-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Congrats!!! I need to add some vanilla stuff to the collection soon.

snakejems reptiles
02-11-2012, 07:24 AM
Love that vanilla male, I am on the fence about vanillas until I see one like yours. Glad he finally got the idea, wish my mojo would do the same. The Fire is more then making up for it though. I've had at least 1 lock with every girl available, and many more then that with all but the pastels, I don't think my Fire likes the color yellow. He's locked one multiple times and she is building nicely, the second I've seen 4 locks minimal building and the third was 1 lock and no interest since. I even popped her again to make sure she wasn't a he after 3 years, but no worries all is right down there. Good luck on all your projects this year Mark, you always have some interesting stuff going on.

thanks mike,, hope he is ready for more ladys soon,,,

snakejems reptiles
02-11-2012, 07:24 AM
Congrats!!! I need to add some vanilla stuff to the collection soon.

thanks kelly, hope to have alot of vanilla stuff and regulars....

Bob O'Brien
02-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Congrats Mark, good to see the little fella gettin it done.

reptilebaby
02-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Vanillas are beautiful snakes!

snakejems reptiles
02-12-2012, 12:37 AM
Congrats Mark, good to see the little fella gettin it done.

thanks bob,, happy for this guy now and projects coming soon....

snakejems reptiles
02-12-2012, 12:39 AM
Vanillas are beautiful snakes!

thanks angie,, lot of combos out there with vanilla and more coming down the road,, hope i can join the crowd.....:thumbsup:

reptilebaby
02-12-2012, 10:22 AM
I have a baby male vanilla, and I just bought a vanilla female. :) Want to put her with my pied when he's big enough!

snakejems reptiles
02-12-2012, 04:38 PM
I have a baby male vanilla, and I just bought a vanilla female. :) Want to put her with my pied when he's big enough!

i was going that route and changed my mind on that combo for now,, i wonder how it would look,, time will tell from someone i am sure.....good luck thou

reptilebaby
02-13-2012, 03:39 PM
I love the pieds so much I want to do whatever I can with them. :) And other morphs too...I'm not too picky. As long as it's a snake. :)

snakejems reptiles
02-14-2012, 05:09 AM
I love the pieds so much I want to do whatever I can with them. :) And other morphs too...I'm not too picky. As long as it's a snake. :)

yea pieds are awesome, just make sure u put with right morph, remember codoms faster return then recessive traits unless u like going for the long shot like me on dreams... this sure will be worth the wait indeed.....:thumbsup:

reptilebaby
02-14-2012, 08:48 AM
I have no problem making hets and then breeding them. :)

snakejems reptiles
02-15-2012, 12:42 AM
I have no problem making hets and then breeding them. :)

yes,, all worth the wait for sure matter low end or high end,, its like a box of chocolates........never know what is in the eggs.....

reptilebaby
02-15-2012, 09:31 AM
Also it's more affordable. :) The only one I COULDN'T wait for was the pied. I can wait for hets to prove out with any morph. I had originally decided to wait on the pieds too, but I lost my resolve. lol

Again, I think your vanilla's very pretty. :)

snakejems reptiles
02-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Also it's more affordable. :) The only one I COULDN'T wait for was the pied. I can wait for hets to prove out with any morph. I had originally decided to wait on the pieds too, but I lost my resolve. lol

Again, I think your vanilla's very pretty. :)

thanks, i hope his babies look good to and may try to put him with some extra gals too..i want to see some combos going on....:thumbsup: