PDA

View Full Version : Boiaphile Plastics - Jeff and Joel Good The Best Awesome

markwebb
12-08-2003, 10:39 PM
Boaphile Plastics - Excellent Products, #1 in customer service, and ship promptly. I have now purchased 2 racks from them. I really like the way they use and guarantee flexwatt - customer has assurance of completly reliable and tested system that will provide years of service. They don't get any better than Boaphile.

And -what other "large" business responds to emails and returns calls on Saturdays and Sundays!!! Boaphile does !!!

PeterFromme
12-09-2003, 06:54 AM
At least Boaphile has one positive comment regarding their customer service. It seems for every one positive comment, there are 20 negative comments regarding their service.

As stated in a previous post, I've emailed them 3 times and left a message (about 3 months ago)...not a single reply back.

I've had few respond "You should try to call them again, be more presistent." Shouldn't that be their job??

I guess it's good to see one positive comment about Boaphile, but quite honestly I think the damage is done...I know a lot of people who considered them and got pissed of at their lackluster service. Hence they pursued another caging option.

Peter F.

p.s. I'll keep you posted when they finally return one of my emails.

gila7150
12-09-2003, 08:27 AM
I guess it's good to see one positive comment about Boaphile

One huh? Peter, you are more than welcome to post your experience with them but you don't need to lie in order to emphasize you point.

I found a few more people who have posted on the BOI with positive things to say about their experience with Boaphile.....

Chris Raden (myself), Mark Webb, Jerry Detwiler, Casey Hulse, Gilbert Thompson, Bryan Brown, Brian MacDonald, Guy Castro, James Bryan, Evan Stahl, John Hedger, Richie Luna, Mark Schmidtke, Shane Elliott, Jonathan Brady, Alex Hue, Bryan Cantwell, Greg Riso, Joe Rollo, Cheryl Bruening, Mickey Hinkle,
Jeff Pfeifer, Tom Baker.

That's 23 (and I'm sure I could find more). You said there were 20 people with negative things to say for every person who has had a positive experience with Boaphile.
Let me know when you find that list of 460 people who have had negative experiences Peter.

Bci Joe
12-09-2003, 08:31 AM
GREAT JOB Chris! You just saved me the time and trouble of doing that myself! GOOOOOOOO Chris, and GOOOO Boaphile!

take care guys

redtailboas
12-09-2003, 12:08 PM
I have had nothing but exceptional service from Jeff and Joel.

I have ordered 7 4X2X1 black enclosures, and 1 2X2X1 enclosure. I ordered these enclosures or the last year or so in quantities of 1, 1, 1, 2 and 3. I also added the built in heat option in the last 3 I ordered. I have also ordered a dual thermostat package as well.

Every order was promptly serviced, with email and phone conversation responses from Jeff (early on) and email responses from Joel lately. Joel would email through each stage of the process. Order placement, cage building (if necessary), expected shipment, and shipped. I also received a followup email from Joel to make sure everything was okay.

The cages all arrived in perfect condition, well packaged.

I will continue to replace existing melamine caging as the funds are available, and I will not hesitate to order more boaplastics.

drimes
12-09-2003, 06:01 PM
I have not posted here until today, but have "lurked" here for some time now. I've just got to say that ALL of my experiences with Boaphile Plastics have been positive. I have purchased 14 cages within the past year and every one has been just wonderful.

The single biggest reason I became a Boaphile Plastics customer in the first place was due to Joel DuBay. He responded to not just one, but several e-mails one Sunday evening. With dedication to their customers like that, I thought that I'd found a winner. I've been totally satisfied with them from the onset.

Only had 1 cage with shipping damage and Joel practically fell over himself to make sure I got treated right. It was promptly replaced and the damaged one picked up.

Denny Rimes:D

Mike B.
12-09-2003, 07:17 PM
Ive ordered 3 cages from Boaphile and every cage has been incredible. I had one cage that was sent that was the wrong size. I was sent a 334A instead of a 343A, with the way the numbering is I can see why the mistake was made. After several emails with Joel we discussed about me possibly keeping the wrong cage. Eventually I did and they gave me a partial refund. Jeff even threw in a couple extra perches for me in my next order. I was more than pleased with the service.

For those who dont like the time you have to wait to get a cage, well they tell you up front its not gonna be overnight and can expect atleast 3 weeks before you see the order, so be patient with them because the cages are in every way worth it.

markwebb
12-09-2003, 09:23 PM
I rec'd an email from both Jeff and Joel last Friday that my rack had shipped and they would send tracking. Sunday - yes SUNDAY - they sent tracking info. I sent them an inquiry via email last night and called them and - I swear - within 5 minutes I had 3 emails from them with details I requested. Rack rec'd today.

I have called them on several occasions. Often they will pick up after answering machine answers, on 2 occasions they called me back on Saturdays - yes weekend Saturdays. Shipping is Free and in most areas of midwest (I live in KY) shipping is 2 days via FedEx.

So far I have spent over $700 with them and had had nothing but EXCELLENT EXCELLENT service and their products are the best.

I can't understand why I would get such great service and Peter would get bad service - something does not sound right about that.

dwedeking
12-16-2003, 07:27 PM
Received our rack system from Jeff and Joel today. Exactly what we were looking for. There was an issue pre-shipment (the shoe boxes out of stock) but Jeff and Joel kept me informed through out the process and everything turned out perfect. With the quality, I can see why they are busy and the fact that they made sure to take care of even the minor issues shows that they'll be busy for a long time to come.

:)

Mickey_TLK
12-16-2003, 10:34 PM
Peter

I know how it is to not get an email returned in a timely fashion, and I dont blame you for holding it against Jeff. However I have long ago learned that in order to get some of the things you want, sometimes you have to bite you pride a bit, and be persistant. I know I personally recieve anywhere from 10-100 emails a day, and oftent intend to return all of them (well the none spam ones that is) but Im sure at times things slip through the cracks. Ive also had deals cooking for animals with some of the bigger breeders that I though for sure were a no go, that after many weeks or months of no communication, ended great in the end.

If it were me, and I REALLY wanted some boaphile cages I would just call them and place the order. I GURANTEE you will be happy with your cages. Personally I feel they are the best cages for boas on the market.

If not give one of their competitors your money.

Mickey Hinkle
The Lizard King Reptiles

diamondback1
12-16-2003, 10:45 PM
I have been considering purchasing from boaphile for several weeks now but reading the good publicity here about them has just helped me make up my mind. Has anyone here used the polycarbonate as oppsed to the standard rubbermaids and if so which worked out better?

Bci Joe
12-16-2003, 10:50 PM
I've purchased a sweaterbox rack with the polycarbonate clear boxes... They look great, and if visibility is important to you, that this would be the way to go..

Personally, I think the standards are easier to work with and much easier to custom design, meaning drill more/different airholes if you wanted to.

Either way I believe you will be happy!

Douglas Taylor
12-17-2003, 10:19 AM
I don't know the particulars of Peter's experience, but my own experience with Boaphile Plastics was quite positive.

I made an order with them that wasn't easy... 5 different cages with different demands. It also couldn't be shipped during my vacation, but had to be shipped after I returned.

The day I returned from my trip, the gave me a call to let me know it had just been shipped. When I received the cages, things were not perfect... but they did make it perfect afterwards.

Until I did business with Boaphile Plastics, I made my own cages. I'm done making my own cages. BP will be making any new ones for me.

Douglas Taylor

diamondback1
12-17-2003, 06:32 PM
Are the polycarbonates more likely to break when drilling holes or dropping?

Larry
12-31-2003, 09:36 PM
I was very impressed with my experiances with Boaphile. Before oredering, I sent several emails with questions that were all quickly responded to. I received both my cages (321D & 422D) on a Friday. I sent an email late Saturday night with a suggestion (the predrilled holes I requested for my thermostat probes were too small for my probes). About 10 AM Sunday morning, Jeff called me to discuss the hole issue (not really an issue at all) and we talked herps for a few minutes.

As soon as my funds allow, I will be ordering 2 more from him. I've had many home made cages and several Neodesha, and nothing I have experianced can compare to the Boaphiles.

cdj_2216
01-01-2004, 01:01 AM
I just recieved my first boaphile the day after Christmas. And I am very pleased with my new enclosure.

gila7150
03-10-2004, 02:44 PM
I just received another fantastic cage from Boaphile today. Like my previous order, it arrived carefully packaged and in perfect shape. All the options I requested were done perfectly even though I made a mistake while ordering and had to contact them with the changes.
The cages I ordered last year are holding up great and are easy to clean. I'll be ordering more as soon as I can afford to.:)

cyberfrog
03-11-2004, 12:36 AM
I emailed about 2 racks and 2 thermostats and I got a reply back with about an hour. I'll update soon as I order to say how the rest goes.
Adam

East TN Reptile
03-11-2004, 03:18 PM
I've bought from em...excellent cages ! That's why I've ordered enough cages from Jeff to re do my entire snake room ! Trust me...I wouldn't give him ALL my business, if he wasn't THE BEST
You can't go wrong with Boaphile Pastics...& that's a fact !
Dave Derrick @ East TN Reptiles