PDA

View Full Version : She finally quit teasing me!

crookedantler
02-11-2012, 08:34 AM
She ovulated 64 days ago,she shed 38 days ago,today at 7:30 am I find this! She was bred to a hot looking lesser.

Bob O'Brien
02-11-2012, 10:41 AM
Congrats!!

axeman
02-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Congrats.

crookedantler
02-11-2012, 12:52 PM
She must be having a rough time or is going to only give me one egg,the first one I found at about 7:30am and not it's 12:50pm and no more eggs?This is our first ever clutch,does it usually take a long time to lay? I put warm(NOT HOT)water in the water dish and she's been laying in it for hours.

BaltimoreBees
02-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Congrats! That's awesome!

Zombie's Morphs
02-11-2012, 07:43 PM
She kinda looks like she has more eggs in the pic but its hard to tell. I know you dont want to stress her out, but the only way to know for sure is to gently palpate her. Good luck, let us know how it goes...

Micha
02-11-2012, 07:45 PM
How many grams is she? Depending on her size she may only produce one egg since its her 1st clutch. By looking at her can you see if there any more eggs in her?

crookedantler
02-11-2012, 08:38 PM
My friend who has alot of experience with breeding pythons cam over and checked her out,he thinks there is 3 or 4 more eggs in there,they have not moved down to the vent though.8:30pm and still only the one egg,lol.This girl really likes to tease me.I don't know if this is HER first clutch or not,she came from Africa as a wild caught year before last and I got her in March of 2011.She weighed over 2,000 grams when I last weighed her before breeding began.

dustinNMpythons
02-11-2012, 08:50 PM
keep us posted hopefully she will have the rest laid by morning.

Micha
02-11-2012, 08:55 PM
I'd suggest keeping her quiet so that she can relax and pass the other eggs. If she doesn't pass them in 48 hours I'd suggest having your experienced friend give you some advice for she may be egg bound. Which there are ways to fix it whether it be taking her to a vet or using a syringe to drain the egg that's causing her to be blocked. I wish you luck the next few hours and keep us posted.

Zombie's Morphs
02-11-2012, 09:28 PM
I'd suggest keeping her quiet so that she can relax and pass the other eggs. If she doesn't pass them in 48 hours I'd suggest having your experienced friend give you some advice for she may be egg bound. Which there are ways to fix it whether it be taking her to a vet or using a syringe to drain the egg that's causing her to be blocked. I wish you luck the next few hours and keep us posted.

X2, try to cover the front of her tub with a pillow case or just make sure there is no sound / movement where she is being housed so she will feel safe. Be careful about the water, they sometimes have a tendancy to lay eggs in the water because of the humidity. I take out my girls' big water dishes when they get close to laying and replace it with a smaller one they cant get into. Good luck and keep us posted...

KY Reptiles
02-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Congrats on the egg. Any updates???

hoppingherps
02-12-2012, 03:09 AM
wouldn't be surprised if she drops a few more or some duds for you. keep an eye out for sure.

crookedantler
02-12-2012, 05:30 AM
Well,it's about 5:30am and no more eggs yet,you can see them in her,they are still the length of the first egg from the vent.I removed the big water dish last evening and replaced it with one she can't fit into.I haven't disturbed her at all what so ever except looking into the side of her tub 2 or 3 times.The room I keepmy snakes in is dark and quiet and she's been in the same tub for a year or so.I am going to the reptile show in Pittsburg,PA today so maybe I can find some advise there too.Thanks everybody!

Zombie's Morphs
02-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Well,it's about 5:30am and no more eggs yet,you can see them in her,they are still the length of the first egg from the vent.I removed the big water dish last evening and replaced it with one she can't fit into.I haven't disturbed her at all what so ever except looking into the side of her tub 2 or 3 times.The room I keepmy snakes in is dark and quiet and she's been in the same tub for a year or so.I am going to the reptile show in Pittsburg,PA today so maybe I can find some advise there too.Thanks everybody!

I hope the next one in line isnt too big for her. If it is you may have to take a syringe and remove the fluid from that egg to help her pass it. There may be a way to help massage the eggs down, but I have never done this. How far from the vent is the next egg?

Pinky gecko girl
02-13-2012, 07:03 PM
I hope she lays the eggs my only female ball I had breeding this year died from egg problems when they got of size to feel them. She was fine and then dead the next day :( but it was her first clutch and stuff happens

KY Reptiles
02-13-2012, 11:03 PM
Did she lay any? If she hasn't yet I'd remove some fluid from the egg that's blocking her. Rather lose an egg than an adult female. Keep us utd!!

crookedantler
02-15-2012, 06:53 AM
Today (2-15-12) I woke to find 5 more healthy looking eggs,she laid the first on 2-11-12 and waited till today to lay the rest.The last 3 evenings I'v been giving her a half hour warm soak.

crookedantler
02-15-2012, 06:55 AM
Oh,thanks to everybody that responded,I got the idea of soaking from several pm's as well as advise from the reptile show in Cheswick,PA on Sunday.We don't have a vet locally that deals with reptiles.

Zombie's Morphs
02-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Congrats!

crookedantler
02-15-2012, 04:58 PM
I hope the next one in line isnt too big for her. If it is you may have to take a syringe and remove the fluid from that egg to help her pass it. There may be a way to help massage the eggs down, but I have never done this. How far from the vent is the next egg?

Luckily I didn't have to do this,it seems like it wouldn't be easy to do.Is there any online material that shows and explains how to do this?As I said before,no vet here in town and the closest one is very booked and hard to get in to,not to mention pretty expensive.