PDA

View Full Version : New Morph or Orange Dream Gene?

Stubby Chubby Reptiles
02-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Hey Everyone just wanted to get some feedback as to what you guys think this might be. I hatched out a clutch from a pinstripe to a normal and what came out was out of the ordinary and very cool. You guys tell me what you think of this Ball Python. Of course its a holdback until i try to prove out a new gene.
The dad looks like a regular Pinstripe and the mom looks like a regular normal with no markers for hets ... Very Weird. What do you guys think?
Post your thoughts please. Any feedback helps.
I know the only way to tell is to breed them and try to prove them out but until then its fun to try and guess.
The first 2 pictures are brothers from the same clutch.
The last picture is the weird pin after his 3rd shed. Also i have 2 normals that came out extra orange from the same clutch that are also hold backs.
Thanks
954-422-3381 Alex
stubbychubbyreptiles@gmail.com

Focal
02-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Amazing snake! Good luck.

Stubby Chubby Reptiles
02-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Thank You! I will keep posting up pictures so you guys can see how he grows :D He is starting to get "Speckles" through out his body. I will try to breed him Next year when he is ready to a (Non-related female) and see what the babies come out like. Also i wanted to try and breed him back to his mom to see if there might be a super form? His mom looks normal but I believe she is the one carrying the gene because she gave me a clutch of 5 babies and 3 looked odd. I still have time to figure out what I'm going to breed to.

I wonder if its a hidden gene and if it's co-Dom, Dom, or Recessive.

MyBallPython
02-16-2012, 04:23 PM
Probably co-dom and looks like the desert gene or something that cleans up pattern like that or fire.

Stubby Chubby Reptiles
02-16-2012, 04:55 PM
i thought about fire but i cant tell with the banded marks because its a pinstripe. Wouldn't a desert have more of a high def yellow? the closest thing i found to it would be the orange dream. i dont think its a platty daddy because it would be silver right?

chongorojo
02-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Pics of the normals would be nice:-)

Stubby Chubby Reptiles
02-16-2012, 06:20 PM
These are the baby photos of the 3 normals from that same clutch.

the first photo is a girl

The second photo is a male

The third photo is a male - the nice one out the group but he died a few days ago. He never ate. I tried to force feed him a few times but he always spat them out. I even tried African Soft Fur and nothing. Poor little Booger.
Look at the stripe on his back he was very clean looking.

I will put up new pics of the first 2 if y'all want they look a little different.

snakemansnakes
02-17-2012, 08:10 AM
This should probably be in the discussion forum. Nice snakes.

TheFragginDragon
02-20-2012, 10:44 AM
Moved to the discussion forum.

Stubby Chubby Reptiles
02-20-2012, 11:03 AM
Thanks for moving the thread i didn't know how.

Willow
02-20-2012, 11:36 AM
can we have pics of mom and dad?

Stubby Chubby Reptiles
02-20-2012, 01:40 PM
ok here is the thing i didn't know these babies were going to come out like this thinking it was a regular pinstripe, so i sold the dad after the babies hatched. The mom i still have and she is the only one that gave me these babies that look weird so i am hoping its the mom carrying the gene. i had another clutch from the same pin with a different girl and the babies looked normal.

Montoya
02-20-2012, 08:37 PM
That snake is awesome. You can clearly see the traits from the three in the light pin. Don't know if it's an OD but I would suggest you send an email to Ozzy to see what he thinks. It is different, no doubt. Buy that original male back asap!

redz_izz
02-20-2012, 08:41 PM
Buy that original male back asap!

+1:thumbsup:.... Cool little project, hope it proves out to be something cool....

Bob O'Brien
02-20-2012, 10:16 PM
Well the Mom is definitely not an Orange Dream, but I would say the babies might be.

Stubby Chubby Reptiles
02-20-2012, 11:19 PM
Yea the guy with the pin sold it off and then sold off again. Got lost in the trade world lol just my luck eh?

MajorLeagueReptiles
02-21-2012, 01:07 PM
I'd agree with Bob and say the mother is not an orange dream... However the babies look like you are definitely working with something. It doesn't really look like the orange dreams, however they look like some other orange gene. Good luck with your project.

Stubby Chubby Reptiles
07-13-2012, 04:55 PM
Here is an updated Picture of the Wierd Male Pin at around 350 grams. What do you think now?

MajorLeagueReptiles
07-13-2012, 05:17 PM
I think that's not just a pinstripe.

jimssnakes0808
07-13-2012, 05:57 PM
i feel the same i dont think thats just a pinstripe. them babys look nice good luck

Montoya
07-13-2012, 08:57 PM
Did you ever email oz for his opinion? If not it would be a good idea, I also know that Tom Barnhart has produced several OD pins and may be able to assist as well.

coldbloodaddict
07-14-2012, 12:13 AM
Looks like an Enchi Pin...The other "Normal" babies look like Enchis too.

Stubby Chubby Reptiles
07-14-2012, 04:10 AM
HEY I FOUND IA PICTURE OF THE DAD!!!!! this is the only picture i have of him.

No i haven't emailed oz. i don't have his email and if you gave it to me i must have over read it. sorry lol. i was thinking that maybe it was an enchi pin too but i have no idea where the gene came from. the dad looked like your average pin and the mom as you can see is as normal as can be lol. Is it possible to hit a hidden Gene Enchi?

Willow
07-14-2012, 04:21 AM
I doubt its anything hidden gene...and atm there is no such thing as a hidden gene enchi hehe

maybe daddy was a low grade enchi pin? so low grade that no one could tell?

that happens quiet often with subtle morphs

Tom Barnhart
07-14-2012, 10:22 AM
Hey Alex,

I've hatched a couple of OD pinstripes and OD lemon blasts over the past 2 years and yours looks a little different based on the side coloring. But the two straight OD pins I produced varied from one another as well so it's hard to say at this point.

Definitely cool though and I'd hold all of them back and cross them into other morphs to see what happens with the offspring (fires, YBs and spiders would be at the top of my list). Or, pick up some OD stuff and see if you get some supers in a few years!

Good luck,
Tom

coldbloodaddict
07-14-2012, 03:16 PM
HEY I FOUND IA PICTURE OF THE DAD!!!!! this is the only picture i have of him.

No i haven't emailed oz. i don't have his email and if you gave it to me i must have over read it. sorry lol. i was thinking that maybe it was an enchi pin too but i have no idea where the gene came from. the dad looked like your average pin and the mom as you can see is as normal as can be lol. Is it possible to hit a hidden Gene Enchi?

That pic isn't much to go on...I have definitely seen Pin Enchis that you can hardly tell they have Enchi in them, it's very subtle in some Pins...

No doubt those are Enchis!

Tom Barnhart
07-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Here are pics of the two OD pins I produced in 2010 and 2011. Very clean, orange and reduced patterns. I tend to agree with Jon that you may have enchi pins, which is still very, very cool!

Good luck with whatever they turn out to be.

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l544/tombarnhart/ODPin.jpg

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l544/tombarnhart/ODPin11-12-1.jpg

Take care and keep us updated when you figure out what they are.

Tom

Stubby Chubby Reptiles
07-14-2012, 10:58 PM
Thanks guys all the feedback helps!

Stubby Chubby Reptiles
10-01-2012, 01:20 AM
These pictures are a little dark because i took them at night but i will take some new ones during the day outside to get real color in pic
The Normal in the picture is the sister i held back

Stubby Chubby Reptiles
10-30-2012, 11:21 AM
Here are some updates to the dynamic duo lol. Dinker Pin Male might be ready to breed this season coming up. He is already 400+ grams and took his first medium rat with ease lol
Power Feeding!

AFMike27
10-30-2012, 02:10 PM
I'd breed back to mom and see if that special pin hits a super. But, it seems like yellowbelly is the cheap way to unlock the hidden secrets haha. A lot of crazy things have come out of yellowbelly combos a la the super stripes, highways, pumas.. Nothing extraordinary about specters, gravels etc.. but their yellowbelly combos are unreal. I'd pick up a female yellowbelly and mix that in.

Stubby Chubby Reptiles
10-30-2012, 03:23 PM
Yea your right. I wanted to breed to the sister but she is far from ready. The mom for sure. But also i was thinking of breeding to a pastel girl i have. She is a 6 egger. Lets say it is a new morph i wont be able to prove the super until the sister is ready and thats if she even has the gene.

Stubby Chubby Reptiles
12-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Ok here it is! New pics of the Pin Dinker and the Sister which is supposed to be a Normal. I really dont think she is a normal. Check them out. I managed to get some really nice pictures. :D

I tried to breed this pin back to mom but i guess he isnt ready. i Bred a Butter Pastel to her so i dont miss the season but if he manages to breed her at least i can tell the difference between the morphs. The Mom is wrapping the Water Bowl and Has the famous "humps" along her Spine lol

Rob J
12-14-2012, 03:10 PM
I'm subscribing to this thread...I'm curious as to how this will turn out.

glk832
01-26-2013, 01:02 PM
Really nice project..

Stubby Chubby Reptiles
02-25-2014, 03:07 PM
I am no longer breeding ball pythons and do not have the time to try and prove these guys out. (SNIP rest of post - AbsoluteApril)

AbsoluteApril
02-27-2014, 04:26 PM
I'm deleting that. Advertising is not allowed in the discussion forums, use the classifieds. it's free!

Stubby Chubby Reptiles
11-04-2014, 12:18 PM
Here is a picture of the Pinstripe from yesterday. He is more than ready to breed. His sister is only 950 grams. not quite big enough to breed yet ... :( I'll post a pic of her up soon. she is in deep shed so it wasn't worth posting.

Dbz4246
11-04-2014, 06:46 PM
Sorry I am late to the party, really hope he proves out for you! I have a male pinstripe enchi that kinda looked like him when yours was younger. Either way, good luck! And it's nice to see your still breeding!

Robert Walker
11-05-2014, 05:24 PM
And it's nice to see your still breeding!

Agreed!