PDA

View Full Version : my first snake rack build

p8ntballrman
02-23-2012, 02:29 PM
I started building this rack a couple days ago and it went easier then I thought it would.... it's put together with 3/4 in melimine board, heavy wood screws, heavy duty caster wheels, and 3" flexwatt with a heat regulator from Big Apple.
I did leave a little more room on the side where the connectors went for the flexwatt but all in all I think it was a good build.

It can hold 14 28 quart Serilite containers bur right now it's only rigged up for 10..Tell me what you think on this build and where I can improve on the next one.

p8ntballrman
02-23-2012, 02:31 PM
thr first two pics are of the back of the rack before the back went on it.... here is a front pic with the containers inside.

gotbit1985
02-23-2012, 02:44 PM
Looks great for your first homemade rack. Only problem ive had with the melamine racks that wide is bowing, If the tubs touch the peice above it you should be good but the two levels you arent using I would put something in there for support so they dont start bowing. But you did a great job, alot better than my first.

p8ntballrman
02-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Thanks Chad,

I was actually thinking since I have a couple of inches one the left of the rack I could play around with I could put some support between tubs on all the levels to help the rack from bowing later.

Luckily I didn't put a hundred nails to attach the back of the rack so I could remove it if I spotted a problem :thumbsup:

JustChad04
02-24-2012, 02:09 PM
Nicely done,

You make my home made melam rack look like.... what it is lol junk!

Good job you can build me one for baby BP's I'd be very appreciative!

Focal
02-24-2012, 02:13 PM
I would recommend having the probe enter from the rear and mounted in between the tubs so you don't have the extra room. You can also do the same with the heat tape cords if you cut 3-4" off of one of the wires. I have also used white paint to paint the bare side of the boards.

I like it. I really like the back board. Did you catch the name of the board material and how much did it run you?

stevek123
02-25-2012, 12:18 AM
Really nice pice of work. You used the 10 watts per ft flex watt? The gang plug does it have a ground fault? I hear that a ground fault can trip an error code on the helix but not sure other than that what is will do here. Great job!!!!

p8ntballrman
02-25-2012, 01:33 PM
Justchad04 - thanks for the complements and I'll be happy to build you a rack.... Local Oregon pickup only.... Or I could ship it for around 2000.00 LOL

Stevek - thank you as well..... I took a look at the gang plug Nd it does have a ground fault... I'll keep a close eye on it. I have a temp gauge in one of the tanks with an alarm on ot and if it does trip I'll have to replace the unit.... Thanks for the heads up