PDA

View Full Version : Bad Guy Deadbeat Nate Swanson - Swanee's Exotics

IRH84F
08-30-2012, 06:09 AM
I got ripped of by Nate Swanson AKA Swanee’s Exotics. As some of you may know he was also co-owner of Seattle Reptiles in Everett which is now out of business. He also operates under the name Swanee’s Exotics.

I sold him some animals and he offered me a store credit. He said that he didn’t have the cash, so I took him up on his offer. He never had anything in his shop that caught my eye, so I had been slowing using up the credit on dry goods when I had heard that he was going out of business at the store in Everett. I sent him a few emails inquiring about how he intended to deal with his credits that he to owed people. I never heard back from him. I tried calling him several times and finally got him on the phone after blocking my number. When he found out what the call was about, he hung up on me! I tried calling back and have left several messages, which he is obviously ignoring.

All I want is my credit payed out from Nate. I should have googled him before making a deal with him. There are many other complaints from others, telling how they have also been ripped off as well . “Look before you leap” I guess.

Hopefully no one else gets swindled by this deadbeat. Avoid Swanee’s Exotics!

GMTIRRILL
08-30-2012, 01:43 PM
hi, i live in Everett as far as know Nate Swanson sold his portion of sr reptiles in Everett to his partner Steve, i go to the store on by weekly basis if i was you i would try to talk to Steve about this maybe he can help you matter a fact i will be going down there today and i will bring this thread up so he know about it also... As for Nate Swanson i was told he wanted to go home and that is why he sold out to his partner i hope you can resolve this issue and before you get asked by other members you need to post everything that is in writing on the thread e-mail, receipts and such

IRH84F
08-30-2012, 08:14 PM
I have these receipt. They were giving receipts to my Wife and myself for a while and then starting giving me a hard time about it. Fiona Dunn wrote this, she said that they weren’t giving receipts anymore and that they were keeping all credits in a rotary file that they had by their register. I pressured her to write these, which she reluctantly did. I asked what if you guys lose the file? She said we won’t. :bandhead0

My credit isn’t worth $168 any more. I whittled it down to $89. I don’t have anymore recent receipts, it wasn’t worth getting aggravated with their arrogance over the rotary file system.

cguarino30
08-30-2012, 09:04 PM
That's a shame you might have lost your credit. My own personal philosophy is never to do any kind of future credit deal unless I know the other party really well. If they went out of business entirely, you might be out of luck, but if the business got bought out, the other partner should be obligated to honor the debts, as they are now his debts when he bought out the business.

No excuse for you getting hung up on and ignored, though.

Double B Reptiles
08-30-2012, 09:30 PM
So glad that Nate is out of there. That guy is bad news. Flaky and sketchy. Two things that don't work at all when you are running a business. Hopefully Steven gives the place a better name. Don't run it the way Nate did, Steven...if you read this.

TextileHerps
08-30-2012, 10:32 PM
I get store credit from my local exotic store when I sell them items. I am always worried about something like this happening. I know when Blockbuster and Hollywood video in my area went out of business they posted signs saying Gift Cards/credit can still be used to buy. It would only make sense that any retail store do this regardless of their standing, if they won't take the credit offer you a cash equal to it or some other equal method to your credit.

If you can go in, in person and talk to them. If they won't answer your calls they can't hide from you if you show up in person... so one thinks. I do wish you luck on getting this all fixed, its a shame people do this and cannot just settle something so simple as this with a quick talk.

Once again, I wish you luck and do let us know how this turns out.

GMTIRRILL
08-30-2012, 10:40 PM
So glad that Nate is out of there. That guy is bad news. Flaky and sketchy. Two things that don't work at all when you are running a business. Hopefully Steven gives the place a better name. Don't run it the way Nate did, Steven...if you read this.

brad, i was at the store today, and you will have to go after nate completly, i am sorry you are getting screwed on this deal. it sucks but from what i gathered mr. swason was sketchy anyways. as for SR its cleaner and steven seems to care more for animals in the place also, keep your head up

Double B Reptiles
08-30-2012, 10:58 PM
brad, i was at the store today, and you will have to go after nate completly, i am sorry you are getting screwed on this deal. it sucks but from what i gathered mr. swason was sketchy anyways. as for SR its cleaner and steven seems to care more for animals in the place also, keep your head up

Yeah, that store used to be sickening. Nate was trying to sell a big female ball python to me that had severe burn wounds on its belly to me as a breeder. That was the first sign of a red flag for the place, then a lot of their enclosures didn't even have a heat source. What is a reptile without a heat source in WA? Oh yeah, more than likely sick, dying, or dead. Not to mention all of the stories of Nate ripping people off or shipping out dead animals. I sincerely hope that Steven turns the place around, because WA needs a reliable reptile store with QUALITY feeders, reptiles, and supplies.

hoppingherps
08-31-2012, 12:14 AM
Boy oh boy even as he goes out of it he is ripping people off. post all this on his friends facebook also that will get him a little motivated. Please keep us posted, and I do hate to hear that you got tied up with Nate.

Dennis Hultman
08-31-2012, 12:52 AM
Yep, lots of bad threads about him here. Not only that he payed for a membership on this site then filled a dispute with paypal.

Don't expect him to respond here. The welcome mat was pulled.

Dennis Hultman
08-31-2012, 01:04 AM
*filed

Neon
08-31-2012, 01:50 AM
I regularly went to that shop for feeders. They had quite the variety of reptiles and amphibians but each and every time I was in there I pointed out to the staff members mites, a dead baby monitor (they said he was fine and "having trouble swallowing a cricket that was too big." ), dehydrated chameleons, and the list goes on. The staff I always encountered never really reacted when I would inquire about an animal with an illness. After having worked in a chain pet store for years now, regardless of whether or not I value the validity of a customer's concern, I will still go check it out to give them peace of mind and to reinforce that we care about the critters we're responsible for. To me, their lack of concern and general ambivalence towards their job represented the business' "mission," and it certainly wasn't the quality or care of their animals.

I recently went in the shop for feeder insects and have found it completely revamped - new name, new mission. When I inquired with a girl behind the register about the size of their butterworms, the new owner was the one who brought them up and discussed what feeders they stock, their sizes, and he even asked WHY I was looking for those worms in particular (for a picky feeder) and was even thoughtful enough to offer other suggestions and some tips and tricks. He talked about how they were focusing less on the quantity of what they carry so they could focus on the quality of their animals, as well as offering more products (I was always just a little baffled that, for example, they sold crested geckos on a regular basis but did not regularly carry CGD. I also couldn't find UVA/UVB lights for my beardie once, while they were selling a tank full of baby beardies. It never made sense to me - you carry the animal but not the products to care for it? Thankfully the new owner is changing these business inconsistencies.)

It's unfortunate about Nate's character, however I would absolutely recommend the new shop as it is today. The new owner has done very well in turning it around. :]

IRH84F
09-17-2012, 10:55 PM
So, I've spoken with Nate a few times via email. He told me that he would pay me on Sunday (9/16), but I haven’t received anything yet.

Double B Reptiles
09-17-2012, 11:59 PM
Went in today to see if any changes had happened, and it seems Steven is trying to change the image of the place. After a half an hour of conversation with the guy, I would say he has the best of intentions, and I genuinely hope him the best. Seems that Nate was the issue.