PDA

View Full Version : Iguana needs good home

keekee
03-15-2004, 12:21 AM
I have a spiney tailed iguana that was rescued from a shipping container at the Port of Houston about 3 months ago and I need to find him a home. He is not tame and very frightened of people. He was locked in the box for at least 3 weeks with no food or water and only allows me to put food in his cage without going crazy. I have a green iguana who is tame but I work and can't spend the time that this one requires. I do not want to ship him so I am looking for a home in the Houston area. I have pictures and will be glad to send them. Thanks to anyone who can help Grindel with a home.

PetSlave
03-17-2004, 09:05 AM
I'm certainly not looking for another animal, but I'll help if I can.
How big is he? Has he been seen by a vet? He needs to be wormed and checked for ticks.
If he's not eating or drinking well, try a bubble or drip fountain, live insects, and dropping small pieces of lettuce from the top of the cage. My beardie would never eat anything that didn't move.
I've read that spinys are difficult to tame, and males are aggressive. If he's any older than a few months, he may not be a pet candidate.
If he's a small juvenile I might have space for him, but only if he's been wormed and checked by a vet.