PDA

View Full Version : Feeding for baby Bull Snake

Osiris X
04-03-2004, 10:56 PM
I was just wondering what they eat, seeing how i have come across one and it looks to small to eat any thing i have. Hes about 7-8" I can take a pic if you guys need it.

Andy_G
05-17-2004, 10:33 PM
From what I understand, they are born large enough to take fuzzie mice.

vscampbell
09-07-2004, 08:19 AM
Sounds a bit small for a bull snake to me, any possibility it could be a gopher snake? You didn't say how you came to have the snake. anyway, any constrictor of that size can surely eat pink mice. Once in a while I find a reluctant eater, in that case I put some shavings from the mouse cage into a cottage cheese container and put a pinky in the shavings, put the container in the cage with the snake. Should work fine.

ldydrgn
09-07-2004, 01:42 PM
Pituophis can take meals that are up to 2x their girth. My baby bullsnake gets pink rats once a week.

If the animal was wc, you may have to try live first then slowly get it switched over to f/t.

Mattcbiker
01-03-2005, 03:17 AM
no offense but I would highly doubt that is a bull or gopher snake. Even very small young of these snakes are about 10" at birth.

starwarsdad
01-03-2005, 10:18 PM
Also, bulls can take meals twice their girth, but that does not mean that they should.

If you have an 8" pituophis, it is a record for small size as Matt mentioned above.