PDA

View Full Version : Inquiry RKZ Rodents - Rick

PiercedAmmo
03-05-2014, 02:08 PM
I will be going to the Capital Region Reptile expo on April 5th at the Times Union Center in Albany, NY. From what I can see on the vendor list, it looks like there might only be one rodent dealer, RKZ Rodents.

Has anyone had an experience with him? Good/bad/indifferent?

Thanks!

Amy

chrisis697
03-05-2014, 02:35 PM
Ive gotten rats from him at a hamburg show. Good product, rats werent bangd up & packed nice. Prices were average. More money you drop, better price you get. Good luck.

SofaKing
03-05-2014, 06:48 PM
I use to deal with Rick, he's a good guy personally, feeders aren't bad if your not getting cut throats, which he use to sell alot of. I haven't used him for a couple of years since his prices went up and I started getting short changed on the rodent sizing.

JoeTaffis
03-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Me and a few of my friends have bought stuff from Rick for quite a while at the Hamburg and Reading shows with no problems or complaints. You get to see the rodents before you buy them, so I don't see how you can get short changed on the size....
We've also bought good quality aspen bedding, sani-chips, and Mazuri rodent chow from Rick, all at good prices....

ChondroPy
03-05-2014, 09:36 PM
I have used Rick for a few years now and have no complaints. He's a straight-shooter for the most part...no games and is about the business. Good quality rodents.

chrisis697
03-06-2014, 09:25 AM
We bought from him a couole months ago & none of the rats were, cut throats. Although size is an issue with whoever you buy from. Always quality rodents but sizes always vary. Some mediums look like smalls & some look like large. That seems to be a common experience.

SofaKing
03-06-2014, 01:16 PM
Me and a few of my friends have bought stuff from Rick for quite a while at the Hamburg and Reading shows with no problems or complaints. You get to see the rodents before you buy them, so I don't see how you can get short changed on the size....
We've also bought good quality aspen bedding, sani-chips, and Mazuri rodent chow from Rick, all at good prices....

It's kinda simple when you purchase a few hundred live weekly. So you don't get to see them until you unpack them. Not really rocket science....

I never purchased from him at shows nor have I purchased frozen from him. I get all my frozen from someone else.

Never said he was a bad guy, just stated my experience, which was the last year of dealing with him and lead me to go else where.

Goombas Reptiles
03-21-2014, 02:20 AM
I always buy from him at Hamburg and Oaks but if you need to pick something up at Oaks you need to give him a heads up so he has it for you as he doesn't bring as much frozen and zero live to Oaks.

serena wise
03-22-2014, 12:58 PM
Use to get rodents from him all the time. Pretty straight shooter, quality of rodents were always pretty good compared to other breeders out there, prices did go up which happens, but size consistency was non existent and bounced all over the board from week to week, which led us to breed our own.

Once you overcome the size issue, I think you will be just fine.
If you have the opportunity to buy from him at shows, where you pick your sizes, I think that is your best bet,

venomflipz
03-22-2014, 01:47 PM
Have ran into him at just about every New York reptile expo and although I get my frozen feeders somewhere else... I have bought from him before and what you see if what you get. Prices are very reasonable and he comes with 2-3 huge chest freezers loaded with everything from frozen pinkies to XL adult rats.

You pick the bag out of the freezer and can see inside how they look so there are no surprises. When I did buy from him, they were good product and never had a problem with his frozen food. I have friends that still currently pick up a few bags of frozen feeders from him when the expo's come to NY.

He will be at the reptile expo Sunday 3/23/14 in Huntington Hilton hotel and I know my friends will be buying from him. The only reason I had to change vendors only due to needing much more frozen rats/mice than how often a reptile expo comes to Long Island, NY.

Just a heads up, his freezers due empty fast... especially on the more popular sized feeders like rat pups and adult mice so get there early to get yours. There has been times where the expo was closing and I asked what he had left... he doesn't like to bring anything back besides empty chest freezers so he will sell what's left (if anything) for cheaper but it's a hit or miss on whether he will sell out or not.

Micha
03-22-2014, 10:18 PM
My husband and I purchase rodents and rabbits from him often. He has good quality feeders and he's local to us which makes it convenient.