PDA

View Full Version : Bad weather and appetite

gothra
09-08-2004, 12:14 PM
It could be just co-incidence, but I noticed most of my leos slow down/ stop eating during bad weather. The most recent example was that they slow down on eating from saturday, and believe it or not, there was a tiny twister on monday night. This is very rare in Hong Kong, the news said there were only 8 (including water spouts) in the past 20+ years. Most of them started eating again tonight, but 3 of them still not interested in food.

Anyone notice the same thing with their leos?

progeckos
09-08-2004, 08:29 PM
I haven’t heard of a leo loosing it’s appetite that way but when the seasons change there appetites very. When it starts getting colder they slow down and when it warms up their appetite increases.

HRoss
09-10-2004, 04:19 AM
I have found pressure fronts will cause a change in the feeding of most lizards i have dealt with. The low pressure that comes with such drastic conditions has even gotten to my leos since these hurricanes have been pounding us. I wonder if they do not mistake it for the coming of winter and the pressure fronts that move through in that time period, or if it is a hiding response that they have preprogrammed to deal with tough weather. They might anticipate the lack of temperature needed to digest when such events take place (from an instinctual level)
howard