PDA

View Full Version : Brian Potter & Bob Ashley of NARBC

Laura Fopiano
09-14-2004, 08:24 PM
I usually don't post alot of info about shows or promoter's because in So Cal. we do not have a lot of choices, however, these gentle men diserve a little more than honorable mention. Brian and his staff went well out of their way to accommodate my club and his staff was always availbalbe to help with the even the smallest task.

I spoke with Bob Clark who has not attended a show in Ca. for 12 years and the list of vendor's was very impressive. Orange County can't wait to have you back!! For those who missed the show, it was quite an event that will not be forgotten for a very long time!! Kudo's guy's for a job well done!!

miba8055
09-14-2004, 08:46 PM
I just wanted to say thank you for putting on the best show that I have ever been to. For the first time, I was able to see some of the big names in the business. I really hope that all of the vendors made money. Hopefully NARBC will be in Southern California next year. I was able to make a deal with Prehistoric Pets for a female pastel jungle. I was also very close to purchasing a female spider from Designersnakes. (Still kicking myself).

My rating of the show........Three thumbs up if I had an extra thumb.

Michael Ibanez

mattjillson
09-14-2004, 08:56 PM
I must concure with the previous post. The NARBC show this weekend in Anaheim was by far the biggest and best show I have ever been to on the West Coast. I have never seen such an assortment of animals from low to the highest end possible - saw few 40-50K a piece animals! The promotors did an unbelievable job in the planning and execution of this show from set up to break down. Whatever problem there was no matter how small was handled in the utmost professional way and taken care of without complaint and immediately. I would say my only complaint was the heat, but I guess I'll have to appeal to a higher power on that, hahahaha. But seriously, if you missed the show this time around make a point of going next year because you'll see first hand without a doubt how great a reptile show can be in California when the promoters have their act together. Great buyers and awesome vendors - LOVED the "Reptiles By Mack" booth. Keep it up NARBC because this could be the equivalent to the Florida Breeders Expo in a short amount of time!!!!

Matt Jillson
The Chameleon Connection

Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
09-14-2004, 09:11 PM
I loved the show~ but the auction on Saturday night was the most fun! Don't give that man your phone number! LOL!!

If you skipped the Auction you missed the best part~ Next year stay for the Auction! Well worth

evansnakes
09-14-2004, 10:13 PM
I was not able to make it out to the California show, but I have been a vendor at the Chicago show and Philly show for years now and they are the best run and best promoted shows in the country. If you can make it out to the other two shows you will find them to be as impressive.

Tony Bocanegra
09-14-2004, 11:16 PM
On a scale of 1 to 10 this show was a 12. I'm normally in and out of the west coast shows in about an hour. With the NARBC show the time just seemed to slip away. I ended up staying for 5 hours and wanted to go back on Sunday. Strong work NARBC. Thanks for an awesome show.....Tony Bocanegra

projectpardalis
09-15-2004, 01:05 AM
I have to chime in here too. I was just about burned out on the normal shows we have been getting in Socal. The NARBC show in Anaheim was the best show by far. I even got the chance to meet and talk with a couple breeders that I had been wanting to meet. Definately a good show, can't wait for next year!

Dennis Scott

sashley
09-15-2004, 11:35 AM
Just wanted to drop a THANK YOU note to all the wonderful attendees that came out to the 1st Annual NARBC in Anaheim.

We really appreciate everyones kind comments on the show. Aspecial THANK YOU to the Vendors for their support many of whom came from far far away , Florida, Texas, Arizona Ohio etc. Our own company ECO Wear ww.reptileshirts.com from Michigan , had a terrific chance to meet up with a huge new group of herpers. Sales were great and I can't wait to come back out the the west coast next year.

The auction as always , was a great time , Brian is the best auctioneer anywhere... we raised lots of $$$ for PIJAC and nearly split a gut laughing my head off. Everyone should come next year and stay overnight , the Hyatt is a very nice hotel and the Stafff there could not have been nicer

Getting ready for Chicago now ... then Philly :D

See you all there !

SHERI ASHLEY
ECO Herptetological Publishing & Distribution

www.reptileshirts.com (http://www.reptileshirts.com)
http://www.narbc.com

Golden Gate Geckos
09-15-2004, 11:06 PM
From a vendor standpoint, I must say that the NARBC Show in Anaheim last weekend was the best show I have ever done. I'm not just speaking only of sales, but the show itself. These guys had Mark O'Shea from Animal Planet, Bill Love, Tell Hicks, and Philippe de Vosjoli there for both days. Reptiles Magazine sponsored a Friday Night pizza & beer ice-breaker for all the vendors and VIP guests, and just about everyone was there. Saturday evening there was an auction where the vendors donated something and all the proceeds went to PIJAC. I donated a patternless x albino, and a bottle of Golden Gate Chardonnay which went for $190! It was a total BLAST!!!

From an attendee's standpoint, it was a little inconvenient because there was 2 separate convention rooms... each at opposite ends of the Hyatt Regency, but I think that was the only drawback. NARBC did not anticipate the number of vendors that would sign up, and opened the second room in order to accommodate everyone. The admission was a little steep.. $15, but it allowed for both days. The turnout was fantastic!

My personal highlights were meeting and speaking with Philippe de Vosjoli at length, having a great time with Mark O'Shea (he's a real kick-in-the-pants), enjoying a buffet breakfast with Julie from Gecko Ranch, and having Jeff Barringer from Kingsnake as my neighbor directly across from my booth. It was a real treat to meet so many posters from here on Fauna!

Something interesting though... a young boy about 13 years old (voice hasn't changed yet...) wanted to purchase my highest-end SHTCTB for a LOT less than his price tag, and confidently stated he was a leopard gecko breeder. He said, "Maybe you have heard of me... I'm the owner of Sunset Geckos." jeeeze....

It was a GREAT show... I'll be back!!!

The Reptile House
09-15-2004, 11:29 PM
It was really nice to see you again Laura! I am a vender as well but the shows we can vend at depends on when my mother-in-law can babysit my 2 kids so we are limited right now on the shows we can attend. Being a vender(or even just a customer) and getting the chance to speek(in person) to some of the top breeders was a real treat!! This by far was the best show I have ever attended and I really hope they do come back next year so I can vend at that one. One day we will go to Florida to see the shows there. Mark O' Shea cracked me up taking pics in his bare feet and was the kindest gentelman! Seeing some of those 40-50K reptiles was a real treat as well especially the 20K Albino Red Foot that Bob Clark had, man was that impressive!! Please come back next year NARBC!!

Shanell Sepulveda-The Reptile House- Orange California

Isis Reptiles
09-16-2004, 01:53 AM
We were vendors at the NARBC Anaheim show. This show was top of the line, a real class act--professional in every sense of the word. It was everything a reptile show should be--a show for the true reptile enthusiast, not a petting zoo or kiddie show. The vendors' every need and detail was attended to in a professional manner. Southern California needs more shows like this one. We look forward to doing next year's show.

Isis Madec
Isis Reptiles

napavalleysnakes
09-17-2004, 11:21 AM
I wanted to say thanks to the guys from Chicago Reptile for putting on an awesome show. We had a blast seeing all our East Coast friends out here on our turf for once :)

Sales were very impressive, the location convenient, hotel top notch and the events a whole lot of fun !

I know Napa Valley Snakes will be back, and for the rest of you East Coasters, well you really need to check this show out !

Stephen Emerick :D

evansnakes
09-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Maybe Nappa should come and do the NARBC Chicago and Phily shows

Laura Fopiano
09-12-2005, 10:50 AM
Well the boys from chicago did it again!!!!! The staff was amazing!! The Wedding was fabulous, and the auction was the best and funniest one that I've ever been to!! Thanx again Brain and Bob for a job well done!! See you guys next year in September.

KathyLove
09-12-2005, 11:35 AM
This show was actually better than last year, although a little strange for me. I wasn't there is person, but Bill and my brother set up our tables and I "telecommuted", talking to many of my customers by cell phone while they were at my table. A very interesting way to do a show!

More people found us more easily this year, since it was all one big room. I really, really, hope to get there in person next year! Sounds like it was a lot of fun!

Hope to see you all in Chicago next month.

chondrogal
09-12-2005, 12:37 PM
This show was simply wonderful! It was my first time to have a table of my own and I could not possibly have had more fun. Well, perhaps it would have been nice to spend more time out on the floor talking with some of the other vendors that I did not get a chance to meet!

I was also very excited by the turn out of some great vendors from out of state, was great to have my buddies from the Chondro Coalition coming out all the way from TN and FL!! So many wonderful people and it was a pleasure getting to make many new friends.

BTW, the selection of animals for sale was incredible imho!! I am a diehard keeper of "only snakes" but after seeing some awesome baby blue tree monitor lizards I was feeling my resolve getting somewhat weak! I didn't purchase, but it sure wasn't easy not to!!! Sold all that I had available, can hardly wait till next years show and will start planning right now!!

Cathy Maynard

Golden Gate Geckos
09-12-2005, 01:37 PM
Overall, I was very pleased with this year's show. My sales were good, and I had LOTS of traffic at my booth. I think the NARBC folks did a fantastic job again, in spite of having to deal with the bureaucratic BS with the Teamsters Union at the Anaheim Convention Center.

Junkyard
09-12-2005, 08:33 PM
Excellent show this year. My wife and I are still talking about how great the entire weekend was, we deffinately made out like bandits. I have to also thank Laura Cox for getting us there.

Well worth it all, the vendors did a great job and all the booths were exceptional. It was great getting to meet some of you in person. This was the most fun we had this year. We will certainly be there next year.

cyberfrog
09-12-2005, 10:59 PM
Need to bring it back to Philly!

Golden Gate Geckos
09-12-2005, 11:26 PM
I think the NARBC folks did a fantastic job again, in spite of having to deal with the bureaucratic BS with the Teamsters Union at the Anaheim Convention Center.I realized that my statement wasn't very clear. They were actually very helpful and efficient. There was just a lot of 'red-tape' for us in order to do things like run power, hang stuff, etc. The guys at NARBC had to put up with lots of complaining from us over it!

David Reid
09-12-2005, 11:34 PM
Always fun to meet people you talk to on the internet, in person. I think hands down, the nicest animal I saw was the Sutherland's Hypo Paradox Super Mojave....did I get that right? Anyhow, it was amazing, my wife, who just tolerates snakes, actually said "cool snake." And if the light at the end of your tunnel is turned off to conserve energy, go solar:)

Gecko_Den
09-13-2005, 07:06 AM
Need to bring it back to Philly!

Agreed! :)

pch101
09-13-2005, 12:56 PM
I had a great time at the show. It was very well done. I found it refreshing not seeing a bunch of wild caught imported animals there. It was a true breeders show! We shared a table with Wes, and I have to say he is one of the nicest guys ever. My wife even liked him, and she pretty much hates everybody (including me). Wes is even funnier in person than he is on here. I had was also fortunate enough to meet Dennis Hultman who has got to be the most polite reserved reptile guy on the planet. I also saw "Junkyard" Mike (super nice guy), Laura cox (one wild and crazy gal), Greg Rizo, and a bunch of Rosy Boa people! My only regret was that was like a kid with A.D.D. I was constantly distracted and I did not feel like I had enough time to talk to everybody.

Greg Riso
09-14-2005, 09:41 AM
I have to say I don't think the promoters could have done a better job. Everything from set up complete with meal, the two day show, wedding, to auction went flawlessly. I had a great time meeting so many Fauna folks, vendors, and customers that walked up to me and introduced themselves. I'd love to go to their Chicago show if it's anything like this one.

Wilomn
09-14-2005, 10:43 AM
I think it was a good show as well. I would like to have seen more people coming through the door though.

The Faunites I met there were pretty cool and on occasion damn funny. Laura is pretty wild and tends to bring the energy level wherever she is up just a few knotches.

I'm thinking I'll be back next year.

kare
09-14-2005, 01:37 PM
I went to the Chicago show last year and it was fantastic. I have already booked my room and am anticipating another fun weekend this year. I hope to see many of you there!

Kare

evansnakes
09-14-2005, 08:00 PM
As far as door goes, the only shows that get a bigger door than Chicago and Anaheim are the shows like Cueto's that have exotic petting zoos and low door prices and I can tell you from personal experience from being a vendor at 1000+ shows over the past 15 years, in many states and cities, the vast majority of the people that go to most shows go to look and bs or maybe pick up mice or crickets. The vast majority of the people through the door at the NARBC shows are there to buy herps.

Also, being from Michigan, give props to Bob as he is from here! Brian is in Chicago. ^_^

Casey Hulse
10-11-2005, 09:01 PM
Brian Potter and Bob Ashley for putting on a great show in Chicago/Tinley Park again this yr. also want to thank all the other people that helped make the show such a success. It takes lots of people to put on a show this big, and I think they did a great job!

Steve Hamm
10-12-2005, 09:47 AM
I would have to agree with Casey,Awsome show.I have been going every year since the first one and it gets better and better ever year.Big props to you guys for putting on such a great show.

liquidleaf
10-12-2005, 03:58 PM
I went to the Chicago show this year, my first "big" reptile show - glad I went! My husband and I had a great time. We went to the auction, it was hilarious! And my husband, whose favorite saying is "no, you can't get another snake" bid on and won a beautiful GTP donated by the Macks. His first snake! The NARBC-brand beer definitely helped loosen him up ;) - and I got a beautiful female hypo bci from Marc Bailey. So happy! And thanks to the sponsors who generously upgraded the "free appetizers" to "full gourmet buffet banquet"!!! I didn't go to the auction expecting a full dinner, but it was greatly appreciated.

liquidleaf
10-12-2005, 04:01 PM
PS - seeing a half-drunk Mark OShea trying to back-heckle Brian during the auctioning of his very weird alcoholic contributions was also funny. Too bad I wasn't quick enough to snap a photo of shirtless Mark! Heh heh heh....

Griz
10-12-2005, 05:05 PM
Bah, The chicago show did nothing but cost me money! To think that I actually thought I would get out of there without buying something.....

For my first real show, I would say the organizers did a fantastic job. Even my non-herp loving wife enjoyed it. Especially that albino monitor and Marine Toad the size of my head!

Griz

Dembinski Reptiles
10-12-2005, 11:05 PM
I have to agree. Ive been to all but the first show Chicago and to all the shows Brain and Bob held in Philly. To bad there's no Philly show this year. :bawling: These are my favorite of all shows. Keep up the good work ! And was great seeing all my friends and past customers again.

Laura Fopiano
09-24-2006, 10:40 PM
Once again these fine gentlemen and staff came to California. The staff as always, was well organized and went above and beyond for myself and other vendors!

From the professional breeder to the first time reptile shopper, there was plenty to see with a god wide variety of animals and supplies. I had the pleasure of working with SC Reptiles, Wes Pollock, and Michael Shelton. We absolutely had a blast together.

Thanx again Brian & Tina Potter and Bob & Sherry Aslhey, for a job well done......see ya next year!

Casey Hulse
09-24-2006, 11:02 PM
OCT 7 and 8 at Tinley Park! It will be a great show for sure. They always go the extra mile to put on a very classy show.

Dennis Hultman
09-25-2006, 01:04 AM
Very nice show again. I had a chance to do business with a few more Fauna Members and others. I hope it was a success for all vendors and buyers alike.

The Reptile House
09-25-2006, 01:26 AM
The show was great once again! Dennis nice to meet you and do business with you. It is nice to put a face with whom you chat with here on Fauna. Thanks again, Shanell.

jpatino
09-25-2006, 02:27 AM
i have to agree with everyone it was a great show again this year i went both days for about 3 to 4 hours each day. i ended up going home with 2 great snakes from the reptile image, i got a male spider and a male pastel. they were great to deal with answered all my questions and would have no problem doing business with them again.

LadyOhh
09-25-2006, 02:29 AM
I love it! My first, but most definately not my last. It was great to meet everyone I did when I went both days. I really enjoyed meeting up with everyone that I did, and damned if I didn't get myself in trouble at the auction, right, Cheryl and Wes?

It was a blast! I just hope we Herp folks could get together like that more often!

I got to see the Crystal Ball in person, and it is awesome! Lots of great stuff! Can't wait for next year!

The Reptile House
09-25-2006, 10:45 AM
Ya I am glad the weather coperated with Cathy Love and she was able to make it this year! It was nice to meet her in person. There was a lot of stuff I wanted but passed and came home with 2 razor back soft shell turtles and a versicolor tarantula, like we needed another snake LOL but there sure were some nice looking ones there. Laura we missed seeing you there :( but am sure we will see ya around! Shanell.

Dennis Hultman
09-25-2006, 11:02 AM
The show was great once again! Dennis nice to meet you and do business with you. It is nice to put a face with whom you chat with here on Fauna. Thanks again, Shanell.
Shanell, It was absolutely a pleasure. Thank You!

The Reptile House
09-25-2006, 11:06 AM
No problem! Any time! We will be vending at the december IRBA so if anyone goes come stop by and say hi! Well off to get my kids to school, take care all! Shanell.

Junkyard
09-25-2006, 08:48 PM
The show was good, it was a lot of fun this year. Thanks for another great year!

Bear Foot inc.
09-26-2006, 08:18 PM
I was at there show in Philly once but now they stopped having it there?? any one know why????

kare
09-27-2006, 08:03 AM
I believe there were conflicts on getting a convention room at the date they wanted the show to be held. I think the Philly herp group had their own show this year.

Bear Foot inc.
09-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Yes they did and i was there but it was not near as nice as the NARBC one. Quite a shame.

evansnakes
10-01-2006, 03:38 AM
Once again this year I did not get out to Anaheim but I am really looking forward to the Tinley Park show next weekend.

NARBC
10-01-2006, 09:50 AM
Bob and I are very appreciative of all of the nice comments on the show! Thanks to all of you who attended.......we dont have a show without vendors. Promoters dont make a show........VENDORS DO!!! The California herp community has been super supportive to us and we think this show has potential to be much larger!!! Thanks to Russ Gurley who worked his ass off on the Turtle Talks for us!!! For those of you coming to the Tinley Park show.......see you in a week!!!!!! We will be back next year for those who wont make Tinley Park next week or Dallas in February so see you then!!!

*****SUPPORT PROMOTERS WHO SUPPORT YOU.......AND LET THE OTHERS FADE AWAY*****

Brian Potter & Bob Ashley

Charlie Smith
10-01-2006, 02:59 PM
I was there and picked up a couple beauties but I reserved myself to wait until the next day in order to go back and acquiesce that second beauty. I was amazed at such a nice show compared to others I have been to over the years. I'm glad I cancelled that other event I had planned and attended this one. Job done well by N.A.R.B.C. and all involved.

Charlie S.

jpatino
10-01-2006, 10:53 PM
i would like to say if you missed the auction this year you missed a good time and it was for a good cause. they had a lot of great stuff and some not so great stuff but the auctioneer got good money for that not so good stuff. over all it was a every fun auction. i did walk away with ball python breeding dvd and a female ball python. great show and getting better each year.

john p

lanceheads
10-01-2006, 11:15 PM
I haven't attended a NARBC show, but I know Brian and Bob very well, and they are both class guys and without a doubt, put on a great show with the worlds' top-notch vendors/breeders!

Randal Berry

DaLizardLady
10-06-2006, 11:03 AM
We have been doing the Chicago NARBC for the last 5 years now and this show is one we really look forward to! They do a great job and the show is always top notched.
If these guys have many vendors like me I feel VERY sorry for them!!! I lost my registration form this year and Brian stepped way above and beyond his call of duty and got me all registered through emails. He also answered MANY dumb questions I emailed him without letting me sense the frustration he had to me.
Keep up the good work guys and I promise I won't make you go through that again next year!
See you tonight at set up! Lets have a great show! YEAH!
alison damore
ChameleonCorral, Inc.

kare
10-09-2006, 11:01 AM
Tinley was Great AGAIN! I spent at least 5 hours there on Saturday and another 4 hours on Sunday. The roommate and I brought home lots more mouths to feed plus some great supplies and tools. I got to chat with some great people, Robbie Hamper being one of the most outstanding, sweetest people in the world! and so many other wonderful breeders.
I've got to start saving my money for next year!

evansnakes
10-10-2006, 01:50 PM
Another year and another very busy and very impressive Tinley Park show. I believe the crowd was larger than last year and there certainly was no shortage of amazing animals at the venue. It was also nice to meet more fauna members I had not previously met. Heck, John Schmitt flew all the way up from Florida just to check it out.

sashley
10-21-2007, 02:37 PM
Just a reminder to everyone !

NARBC Chantilly , VA
is next weekend October 27-28th, 2007

Go to the web site to reveiw the updated vendor list
http://www.narbc.com/htm2006/va_vendor.php?page=1

Also you will find a coupon for attendees.

We are really looking forward to seeing everyone out east again.

Pass the word.

Sheri Ashley
www.reptileshirts.com
www.narbc.com

lanceheads
10-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Dang Sheri!!
I can't make it! arrrg!!

But I'll be at the Arlington, Tx show in February!!

Everyone come and support the NARBC show, WHEREVER it's being held. It's a GREAT show!

Randal

sashley
10-22-2007, 10:22 AM
Oh well,

See you in Texas.. That was a great show last year and it is already close to selling out for Feb 2008..

Tell your buddies to get their paper work in if they are planning to vend.

Say hi to Bonnie !

Sheri
www.narbc.com
www.reptileshirts.com